Craft Brewing

10 Apr 2011 08:04 #61 by High Country Home Brewer
So a couple thoughts carbing with a little fresh wort or taking gravity readings during ferment and kegging before fermentation is done avoids " cheap sugar" and saves co2 and ill get the keg conditioned effect I want with better methods. Thank you VL if it weren't for u I may have not given the subject so much thought. We have taken advantage of those shiny co2 bottles that have been around for just a short spell in the life history of beer?

I found at least two maybe three more brewers who are looking to enjoy the company of other brewers and taste and talk brew and some with competitive nature.

Jmc you can get info all over web, library, but most fun and best place is with a friend who already does it or next best thing local brewing supplies store usually end up meeting some pretty cool people and sometimes most of them have workshops.
Chuck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Apr 2011 14:00 #62 by EddieWess
Replied by EddieWess on topic Craft Brewing

jmc wrote: You guys have me interested. Where can I go to learn more? Thanks

JMC, Its really not that hard to do. If you can bake a cake you can brew beer. An investment of around a $100 for equipment and advice from http://www.howtobrew.com/ and a visit to a home brew store (like Chuck's shop on Mt. Evans Blvd.) and you should be golden. With the price of beer now-a-days I'd say the time is right for home brewing.

"If I don't start now, I can't be drunk all day"

11 Apr 2011 16:23 #63 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Craft Brewing
Using extracts is not brewing though..It's mixing ingrediants..

11 Apr 2011 16:57 #64 by High Country Home Brewer
A seasoned brewer will eventually work his or her way into all grain brewing with the time, money, and mostly Passion (as u can tell from VL's firm stance on all grain brewing). That being said not all of is know that it is a hobby we want to get that deep into (it can get expensive)so a good place to start is a kit and make some beer. By definition brewing is the art of making beer.
Chuck
VL you really hate kits that much? When is the last time u had one? malting technology has had its advances.
You should b more open minded and encourage home brewing in general!!!! Not everyone is as fortunate as you and a lot not as sure of themselves.

11 Apr 2011 17:08 #65 by UNDER MODERATION
I bought a dead guy ale kit a 3 years ago...

http://mountainhomebrew.com/browseprodu ... e-Kit.html

11 Apr 2011 17:15 #66 by High Country Home Brewer
What is your favorite kind of beer my next store sampler is for u. Currently have a Scottish ale and IPA, and an Imperial stout soon to b keg'd American cream ale in the primary.
Chuck

11 Apr 2011 17:16 #67 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Craft Brewing

High Country Home Brewer wrote: What is your favorite kind of beer my next store sampler is for u. Currently have a Scottish ale and IPA, and an Imperial stout soon to b keg'd American cream ale in the primary.
Chuck

Where is your store?

11 Apr 2011 17:20 #68 by UNDER MODERATION
When we brew the yard fills up with Deer..They love the spent grain..It's like a tasty warm cereal to them. They smell it.

Stompin the Graps just off 1-70 is the best brew store around here..

11 Apr 2011 17:35 #69 by High Country Home Brewer
Vice Lord\n

I don't know if you've been to stompin the grapes but if you have do you remember that bar next to it? The one that has to security guards with shotguns standing out front? Talk about a sh** nieghborhood, they must be paying $100/month to rent that place.

From that now to the best store around are you are you politician or lawyer
Chuck

13 Apr 2011 13:59 #70 by EddieWess
Replied by EddieWess on topic Craft Brewing

Vice Lord wrote: Using extracts is not brewing though..It's mixing ingrediants..

Leave it VL to take the Joy out of homebrewing.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds