Climbing fuel prices

08 Mar 2011 21:22 #41 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Climbing fuel prices
Now that is great. i'm reminded of something my mother would always tell me. "When life gets really tough, laugh at it."
The way fuel prices are going up, makes life very difficult for many. That is a time to laugh at it all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Mar 2011 05:42 #42 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Climbing fuel prices

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Right now, I could not afford to fill it anyway.

Take it Slowly, my friend.

09 Mar 2011 05:58 #43 by Rockdoc

TPP wrote:

Rockdoc Franz wrote: Right now, I could not afford to fill it anyway.

Take it Slowly, my friend.

Only way possible. Conserve what you have and wait for times to improve.

09 Mar 2011 10:05 #44 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Climbing fuel prices
Hey Rockdoc - do you have any suggestions for where to find credible sources of how much oil, coal, and gas is still available to be extracted? I was going to start with the IEA, but any others you might know of would be a great help. Thanks!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Mar 2011 13:44 #45 by Rockdoc

Science Chic wrote: Hey Rockdoc - do you have any suggestions for where to find credible sources of how much oil, coal, and gas is still available to be extracted? I was going to start with the IEA, but any others you might know of would be a great help. Thanks!

Are you asking about the US only or globally? The USGS specializes in such guesstimates. I have several CD's from a number of years ago that I picked up at one of my professional conferences. You are more than welcome to begin with those. What I do not recall is if those include methane hydrates.

09 Mar 2011 14:11 #46 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Climbing fuel prices
Globally. I'll check out their website again (been awhile since I visited them). Thanks for the offer of the CDs - please do bring them along whenever we meet up for the next lunch, I'd love to take a look at them! Forgot about the methane hydrates, ugh...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Mar 2011 06:37 #47 by Rockdoc
This news article reports on what I've been expecting to happen.

Saudi police patrol Riyadh ahead of demonstrations

Police have been setting up checkpoints across the city of Riyadh
Hundreds of police have been deployed in the Saudi capital, Riyadh, ahead of anti-government rallies planned for after Friday prayers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12711319

Expect oil prices to jump even higher today. For all our sake, let's hope that matters in Saudi remain under control. If the tension escalates to the point where the oil industry is affected, expect oil prices to rise above $150/bl. We may well then look at fuel prices in the $5 range.

This is not good news at all. Of course, Saudi will crack down on any and all demonstrations to keep unrest from gaining any momentum.

Unfortunately, Japan's earthquake-related problems have benefited us by giving commodity traders the notion that Japan will not be importing as much oil given their disaster. It's a temporary situation only. I'll continue to monitor the ME for further unrest that would potentially shake things up BIG time.

14 Mar 2011 05:36 #48 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Climbing fuel prices
We're sitting on alot of oil shale, (enough to take us off dependance of others), but it's the changing from shale to usable oil is just not profitable, YET!

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds