Conifer Park & Rec District Discussion Thread

10 Mar 2011 21:01 #31 by deltamrey
" No we are not the problem, the so called friends of the conifer park and rec district are the problem." So, Chief, there really is no problem, may I assume. I come at this from a much higher altitude (pardon the pun). This area is in severe decline and in deep economic do-do. First you have to see the issue to address any solutions. So, given the economic engine is NOT here (it IS down the hill) and we must recognize and address the expectations of those that pay the freight, best accommodate the folks that want change - not to do so will, I assure you, speed the decline.

The kids have no outlet in the summers in Conifer - smelling the flowers and hiking the same places over and over is not a solution. I frequent in the summer the Evergreen Rec center - jammed with kids- and they have the same options I here so frequently. Too frequently.

The real issue is taxes - some folks do not want economic recovery, improved services, and really do not care to help the kids.......simple. IF we do not build an attractive community it will be impossible to resell all the empty homes here in the future. Controlled growth in a welcoming community is prudent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2011 21:22 #32 by navycpo7

deltamrey wrote: " No we are not the problem, the so called friends of the conifer park and rec district are the problem." So, Chief, there really is no problem, may I assume. I come at this from a much higher altitude (pardon the pun). This area is in severe decline and in deep economic do-do. First you have to see the issue to address any solutions. So, given the economic engine is NOT here (it IS down the hill) and we must recognize and address the expectations of those that pay the freight, best accommodate the folks that want change - not to do so will, I assure you, speed the decline.

The kids have no outlet in the summers in Conifer - smelling the flowers and hiking the same places over and over is not a solution. I frequent in the summer the Evergreen Rec center - jammed with kids- and they have the same options I here so frequently. Too frequently.

The real issue is taxes - some folks do not want economic recovery, improved services, and really do not care to help the kids.......simple. IF we do not build an attractive community it will be impossible to resell all the empty homes here in the future. Controlled growth in a welcoming community is prudent.

I agree with some of your statements, but the biggest issue that I have seen with this issue thusfar, is the lies that have been told. I will also tell you this. With my job, I do alot of well test for homes being bought up here. It has increased not decreased. So homes are selling. Alot are homes that were foreclosed on.

10 Mar 2011 21:29 #33 by Local_Historian
Dell - how any school aged kids do you have? If the answer is none, then you are not exactly an expert on what kids have and can do up here.

Once again, Jeffco is NOT soley up here in the mountains. So your crap about "schools up here failing" is just more bull****.

It was interesting to debate with you, discuss with you at first, but your lack of knowledge about the area is showing with each further post, making me realize that you will still want this to be a big city, you will remain purposefully ignorant, and eventually, you will ostracize yourself.

Enjoy that. The rest of us know reality.

11 Mar 2011 07:47 #34 by Grady

Local_Historian wrote: Dell - how any school aged kids do you have? If the answer is none, then you are not exactly an expert on what kids have and can do up here.

Once again, Jeffco is NOT soley up here in the mountains. So your crap about "schools up here failing" is just more bull****.

It was interesting to debate with you, discuss with you at first, but your lack of knowledge about the area is showing with each further post, making me realize that you will still want this to be a big city, you will remain purposefully ignorant, and eventually, you will ostracize yourself.

Enjoy that. The rest of us know reality.

I am begining to think Dell is nothing but a

11 Mar 2011 10:08 #35 by deltamrey
Well....lets review.........denial, no creative ideas, isolation, pitty, quitters, and no solutioins (booze and dope are not solutions) to the imploding community here. As I suspected - but ever hopeful.

11 Mar 2011 10:14 #36 by Nobody that matters

deltamrey wrote: Well....lets review.........denial, no creative ideas, isolation, pitty, quitters, and no solutioins (booze and dope are not solutions) to the imploding community here. As I suspected - but ever hopeful.

You fail to realize that your basic premise (the mistaken idea that the local economy is going down and won't recover without some drastic governmental intervention) is incorrect. You will not get the ideas you want to solve a problem that others know isn't there. Call it denial if you want, but doomsday predicters have been wrong for generations. You're just another one of the many.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

11 Mar 2011 10:33 #37 by deltamrey
Grady ASSUME made an ass of U.........how many kids do you have ? I have two and three grandkids..........where are you coming from. Live here 24 months (been here 10 years and never been to AA ond no dope - a miracle for this area I find) and that is more than enough time to get it all......there is a myth up here that appreciable longivity makes you an expert in.......dirt roads, snow plows, etc - expanded into real life. Gimme a break grasshopper.

11 Mar 2011 11:34 #38 by Grady

deltamrey wrote: Grady ASSUME made an ass of U.........how many kids do you have ? I have two and three grandkids..........where are you coming from. Live here 24 months (been here 10 years and never been to AA ond no dope - a miracle for this area I find) and that is more than enough time to get it all......there is a myth up here that appreciable longivity makes you an expert in.......dirt roads, snow plows, etc - expanded into real life. Gimme a break grasshopper.

Let’s see I’ve been here more than 10 years, but less than 20. Kids yes, grand kids yes, college yes me and the kids, post graduate degrees yes, AA no, drugs no, ponytail no. drive a snow plow or back hoe no, but I do know good people who do. I don’t think I even know any dopers; I must not be hanging with right crowd. I’ve spent many years building and maintaining those server farms you seem to be so sure of. I am now management and manage FEs who build and maintain those server farms. Where I live is not dependent on my occupation, I can live anywhere so long as I have cell and/or internet service. I choose to live here. I like the community, the people and the environment. My office has a great view.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds