× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

285 Bounds 2nd annual pick three, picks and results.

28 Nov 2011 13:04 #561 by Rockdoc
SC you too are most emotional about your team. They are doing very well and Andy is going to keep getting better. Patience. is needed just like with the Broncos.

An TPP. There is little with luck in my book. It's a matter of making the most of your opportunities. The Broncos managed to do that, The bolts did not. The issue is you need to be ready to recognize and take advantage of opportunities in life or in the sports arena. I know you know that and your declaration of luck reflects frustration of unmet potential going to waste in SD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Nov 2011 14:45 #562 by The Viking

Rockdoc Franz wrote: SC you too are most emotional about your team. They are doing very well and Andy is going to keep getting better. Patience. is needed just like with the Broncos.

An TPP. There is little with luck in my book. It's a matter of making the most of your opportunities. The Broncos managed to do that, The bolts did not. The issue is you need to be ready to recognize and take advantage of opportunities in life or in the sports arena. I know you know that and your declaration of luck reflects frustration of unmet potential going to waste in SD.

If you look Tebows completion percentage in the last 3 games has gone from 25% to 45% to 50%. And yards are up each game, and 3 of the last 4 games with a rating over 95%. 8 TD's and only 1 INT, add to that an average of 70 yards rushing per game in the 6 games he started and 3 more rushing TD's and that is pretty good I would say.

28 Nov 2011 16:29 #563 by ScienceChic

Rockdoc Franz wrote: SC you too are most emotional about your team. They are doing very well and Andy is going to keep getting better. Patience. is needed just like with the Broncos.

Yes, I know I am, which is why I rarely pick them for this contest. It's frustrating when they had the potential to beat either Pitt or Baltimore and just didn't get it done (yes, I know injuries haven't helped); we've gone soooo long without any hope that it hurts more when they lose now that there's a chance of them making the playoffs - I don't want to wait another year (I can see my house decorated in orange and black for our annual Superbowl Party and I want it bad!)! :biggrin:

I am much encouraged by Dalton - I'm very thankful that I got to see him play in person this year - what a world of difference from what you see with camera shots on TV!

TPP, your boys will shine again, luck or not! I'm with Rockdoc that luck isn't really what should be counted on, but rather that chance favors the prepared and they've got the weapons they need too.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

28 Nov 2011 20:36 #564 by Rockdoc
LOL SC. Your lament sounds a lot like mine when it comes to Michigan. Initiated during the Michigan glory years of the 70's and 80's it's been difficult to endure the mediocrity of the past decade. I feel you pain.

Now a word about the Broncos. Yes, only those clinging to dogma continue to assault the Tebow train. We all can see progress, but apparently for some that is not good enough. What really strikes me as funny is, given the pundits they would rather have a Cam Newton than a Tim Tebow because in their eyes he is a better QB. Just look at the passing yards and completion percentage. My counter is look at their records. Look at what Pounder is doing with Minnesota. Look at a number of young QB and all the yards passing they have, the interceptions to TD rations and it matters not because they are all loosing. Why should it be that one willfully overlooks that aspect and continues to eviscerate a winner? It's because they look at the potential of all those young QBs. And that potential is viewed positively because it is in accord with their preconceived notions. Few apparently can think outside a box.

29 Nov 2011 05:37 #565 by TPP
OK, God is on his side, Doc. :)

29 Nov 2011 05:43 #566 by RenegadeCJ
Week 12 results

Green Bay -6 @ Detroit Green Bay
Miami +9 @ Dallas Miami
San Francisco +4 @ Baltimore Baltimore
Buffalo +9 @ NY Jets Buffalo
Cleveland +7.5 @ Cincinnati Cleveland
Carolina -3 @ Indy Carolina
Minnesota +9.5 @ Atlanta Atlanta
Houston -3.5 @ Jacksonville Houston
Arizona OFF @ St. Louis Arizona
Tampa Bay +3 @ Tennessee Tennessee
Chicago +3.5 @ Oakland Oakland
Washington +4 @ Seattle Washington
Denver +7 @ San Diego Denver
New England -3.5 @ Philadelphia New England
Pittsburgh -10.5 @ Kansas City Kansas City
NY Giants +6.5 @ New Orleans New Orleans

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

29 Nov 2011 05:48 - 06 Dec 2011 05:06 #567 by RenegadeCJ
Final results week 12.

The Viking 3-0 (22-13-1)
Science Chic 2-1 (21-13-2)
RenegadeCJ 3-0 (20-14-2)
Pacamom 2-1 (17-19)
Joe 2-1 (17-18-1)
Hoot Owl 2-1 (17-18-1)
TPP 2-1 (16-19-1)

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

29 Nov 2011 05:56 #568 by RenegadeCJ
Week 13 Opening Lines

http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

Philadelphia -3.5 @ Seattle
Denver Pickum @ Minnesota
Carolina Pickum @ Tampa Bay
Cincinnati +7 @ Pittsburgh
Indy +19.5 @ New England
Oakland +2.5 @ Miami
Atlanta pickum @ Houston
Tennessee -2.5 @ Buffalo
NY Jets -6 @ Washington
Kansas City +6.5 @ Chicago
Baltimore -7.5 @ Cleveland
St. Louis +10 @ San Francisco
Dallas -6.5 @ Arizona
Green Bay -5 @ NY Giants
Detroit +4 @ New Orleans
San Diego -3 @ Jacksonville

30 Nov 2011 05:36 #569 by TPP
The Bolts, do have the talent, but NOT the coaching.
Week 13 Picks
Oakland
Chi-town
San Fran.

03 Dec 2011 10:46 - 04 Dec 2011 07:54 #570 by LOL
Chicago
Green Bay
Cincy

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds