× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

2013-2014 MMT Pick 3 Contest

12 Aug 2013 17:09 #21 by Blondie

jmc wrote: Your P A, is on my payroll. You are now on your own, lets see how you do this year.
Game on is right., side bet?

Whatcha got in mind?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Aug 2013 17:12 #22 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic 2013-2014 MMT Pick 3 Contest

Blondie wrote:

jmc wrote: Your P A, is on my payroll. You are now on your own, lets see how you do this year.

Whatcha got in mind?

Loser serves dinner to the winner, I am open to another option.

12 Aug 2013 17:19 #23 by Blondie

jmc wrote:

Blondie wrote:

Whatcha got in mind?

I can serve but I can't cook very well

12 Aug 2013 17:27 #24 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic 2013-2014 MMT Pick 3 Contest

Blondie wrote:

jmc wrote:

Blondie wrote:

Whatcha got in mind?

I can serve but I can't cook very well

Works for me.

14 Aug 2013 23:17 #25 by MsMAM
Replied by MsMAM on topic 2013-2014 MMT Pick 3 Contest
Terry and I are in. I talked to Viking today. He will be in to help us!

I can cook if Blondie wants to serve, JMC :droolpuddle:

14 Aug 2013 23:29 #26 by terbear
I,m in love football
:memorial: x

15 Aug 2013 16:09 #27 by The Viking

jmc wrote: I intend to win, so It will cost me nothing., i do want to beat HO and Viking though.

Well you will have your chance to try. I am in again this year.

15 Aug 2013 16:20 #28 by The Viking
I like the idea of a pick 5 along with the pick 3 if anyone wants to really be challenged. We can still do the pick 3 but on another thread we each add two more picks. Not that hard to keep track of. If anyone wants to try two different pick threads I would be up for it. I like the idea of picking 5. Makes it really challenging.

15 Aug 2013 18:39 #29 by archer
Replied by archer on topic 2013-2014 MMT Pick 3 Contest
If someone can give me the abridged version of the rules.... I'm in

15 Aug 2013 21:10 #30 by ScienceChic
Whoo-hoo! Here ya go archer! It's kind of confusing at first (I always got the spread backwards from what I intended to do), but easy to get the hang of once you do it a couple of times - we're here to help too! :)

Are we sticking with the rule that once you choose you are locked in as well, so poor Renegade doesn't have to search through pages of posts finding out who you ended up with as your finals?

Viking, why don't you start a Pick 5 thread separate from this one and we'll just run both at the same time, that way it won't get confusing here as to who's doing what. We can see how this year goes and what everyone prefers, then switch to Pick 5 next year, or stick with Pick 3.

pacamom wrote: Here are the rules, from a previous year.

1) Pick 3 games each week. We play against the spread according to the following website. We use the "Opening Lines" which never change. http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

2) Each week we will record a score for each contestant, keeping track of correct, incorrect, and ties. Ties will not matter, except in the case of a tie between 2 contestants after the final pick (which is the superbowl). In other words, only correct picks matter.

3) You must pick your games before the games start. This doesn't mean before the first game of the week, but rather whatever games you pick. Once you post a pick, you are locked into that pick. No changes. Doesn't matter if your whole team comes down with the flu, and they don't play, or the starting quarterback gets a hangnail.

4) If you forget to pick until after games have started, you are out of luck.

5) Post all picks on this thread. This is the official sheet.

For those new to picking games, lets use the first game as an example.
The line is Dallas +3 @ NY Giants. If you pick Dallas, you are saying you think Dallas will either win, or lose by less than 3 points. Basically, you get to add 3 points to the Dallas total score, then figure out who wins.

Make sense? Feel free to PM renegadecj with questions.

Each week RENEGADECJ will compile the records, and typically (if he is available, or someone else is) quote everyone's picks before the early games.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds