× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

29 Sep 2013 15:14 - 24 Aug 2014 21:38 #211 by
Replied by on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

Science Chic wrote: Here are the rules, from a previous year.

1) Pick 5 games each week. We play against the spread according to the following website. We use the "Opening Lines" which never change. http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

2) Each week we will record a score for each contestant, keeping track of correct, incorrect, and ties. Ties will not matter, except in the case of a tie between 2 contestants after the final pick (which is the superbowl). In other words, only correct picks matter.

3) You must pick your games before the games start. This doesn't mean before the first game of the week, but rather whatever games you pick. Once you post a pick, you are locked into that pick. No changes. Doesn't matter if your whole team comes down with the flu, and they don't play, or the starting quarterback gets a hangnail.

4) If you forget to pick until after games have started, you are out of luck.

5) Post all picks on this thread. This is the official sheet.

For those new to picking games, lets use the first game as an example.
The line is Dallas +3 @ NY Giants. If you pick Dallas, you are saying you think Dallas will either win, or lose by less than 3 points. Basically, you get to add 3 points to the Dallas total score, then figure out who wins.

Make sense? Feel free to PM renegadecj with questions.

Each week Science Chic will compile the records, and typically (if he is available, or someone else is) quote everyone's picks before the early games.

Good luck everyone!

I thought we were going with opening spreads..There are 22 pages of posts and I don't read most of them...Thats the rules I was playing under... I don't read blondies posts? Why would I, he's like a girl talkin about football...? How about I change the rules? Or edit a post changing the rules.. SC, THIS IS BULLSH**

Enjoy the rest of the contest - I wont read another post..I'm gone

Back to The Bounds community boards for me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Sep 2013 15:28 #212 by Blondie
Buh BYE. Thanks for playing

29 Sep 2013 16:04 #213 by HEARTLESS
Wow, way to make someone take their enema bag and coffee and go home. Damn, no more bunghole barista. :bash
I wonder if he realizes there isn't much humor over there. :smackshead:

Vice Lord

Post subject: My Mountain Town Totally F-ing sucks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:21 pm

Whata POS that place is...

The silent majority will be silent no more.

29 Sep 2013 17:41 #214 by The Viking

Big Dougy wrote:

1) Pick 5 games each week. We play against the spread according to the following website. We use the "Opening Lines" which never change. http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

2) Each week we will record a score for each contestant, keeping track of correct, incorrect, and ties. Ties will not matter, except in the case of a tie between 2 contestants after the final pick (which is the superbowl). In other words, only correct picks matter.

3) You must pick your games before the games start. This doesn't mean before the first game of the week, but rather whatever games you pick. Once you post a pick, you are locked into that pick. No changes. Doesn't matter if your whole team comes down with the flu, and they don't play, or the starting quarterback gets a hangnail.

The line is Dallas +3 @ NY Giants. If you pick Dallas, you are saying you think Dallas will either win, or lose by less than 3 points. Basically, you get to add 3 points to the Dallas total score, then figure out who wins.

Each week Science Chic will compile the records, and typically (if he is available, or someone else is) quote everyone's picks before the early games.

Good luck everyone!

I thought we were going with opening spreads..There are 22 pages of posts and I don't read most of them...Thats the rules I was playing under... I don't read blondies posts? Why would I, he's like a girl talkin about football...? How about I change the rules? Or edit a post changing the rules.. SC, THIS IS bullsh**

How old ARE you? You whine more than any little girl I have ever met! And 3-2 is a respectable record this week for someone who is not a professional. It isn't 4-1 like I got, but you wanted to try it on your own. Tied with you after 4 weeks and I haven't had any time to study anything yet.

29 Sep 2013 18:03 #215 by Blondie
Ah well.
It doesn't matter.
And Secretariat was headed to slaughter.

29 Sep 2013 18:39 #216 by Blondie
Why am I envisioning a grown man laying in bed sucking his thumb?

Night Night little buddy

29 Sep 2013 19:33 - 29 Sep 2013 20:03 #217 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

The rules are clear and I was playing by the rules. Don't expect me or any other poster to read every post in the thread looking for rule changes every week. I picked my games on page 22 unkowing that some "guy" (a participant) that didn't even know what a point spread was 4 weeks ago changed the rules 5 pages back. I was out of town for three days

By the rules I picked using Covers.coms Opening lines which were the same opening lines from all over the world... from Vegas to London to Aruba...Those were the opening lines and you can't change to mid week lines (which are ever changing up until game time) just because you didn't like them..I don't care if two, three or all of you agreed to the changes..I didn't, and I didn't see them.

Make it right SC

29 Sep 2013 19:34 - 29 Sep 2013 20:01 #218 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

Blondie wrote: Why am I envisioning a grown man laying in bed sucking on his thumb?

Why? I don't know, don't ask me....probably because youre gay and are always envisioning grown men laying in beds sucking on things.

29 Sep 2013 19:54 #219 by archer
You say you are never posting here again, then go to the other site and trash us here, whine and cry about how you were treated so badly, now you come crawling back. Just as I suspected, not a big enough audience over there.

29 Sep 2013 20:00 #220 by The Viking

Big Dougy wrote:

Good luck everyone!

I thought we were going with opening spreads..There are 22 pages of posts and I don't read most of them...Thats the rules I was playing under... I don't read blondies posts? Why would I, he's like a girl talkin about football...? How about I change the rules? Or edit a post changing the rules.. SC, THIS IS bullsh**

And you can blame it on not reading Blondie's posts but SC posted it too. Man up and admit you screwed up! Again, I was 4-1 this week.

Time to create page: 0.346 seconds