× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

29 Sep 2013 20:00 #221 by The Viking

Big Dougy wrote:

Science Chic wrote: Here are the rules, from a previous year.

1) Pick 5 games each week. We play against the spread according to the following website. We use the "Opening Lines" which never change. http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

2) Each week we will record a score for each contestant, keeping track of correct, incorrect, and ties. Ties will not matter, except in the case of a tie between 2 contestants after the final pick (which is the superbowl). In other words, only correct picks matter.

3) You must pick your games before the games start. This doesn't mean before the first game of the week, but rather whatever games you pick. Once you post a pick, you are locked into that pick. No changes. Doesn't matter if your whole team comes down with the flu, and they don't play, or the starting quarterback gets a hangnail.

4) If you forget to pick until after games have started, you are out of luck.

5) Post all picks on this thread. This is the official sheet.

For those new to picking games, lets use the first game as an example.
The line is Dallas +3 @ NY Giants. If you pick Dallas, you are saying you think Dallas will either win, or lose by less than 3 points. Basically, you get to add 3 points to the Dallas total score, then figure out who wins.

Make sense? Feel free to PM renegadecj with questions.

Each week Science Chic will compile the records, and typically (if he is available, or someone else is) quote everyone's picks before the early games.

Good luck everyone!

I thought we were going with opening spreads..There are 22 pages of posts and I don't read most of them...Thats the rules I was playing under... I don't read blondies posts? Why would I, he's like a girl talkin about football...? How about I change the rules? Or edit a post changing the rules.. SC, THIS IS bullsh**

Enjoy the rest of the contest - I wont read another post..I'm gone

Back to The Bounds community boards for me

And you can blame it on not reading Blondie's posts but SC posted it too. Man up and admit you screwed up! Again, I was 4-1 this week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Sep 2013 20:04 #222 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

The Viking wrote:

Big Dougy wrote:

Science Chic wrote: Here are the rules, from a previous year.

1) Pick 5 games each week. We play against the spread according to the following website. We use the "Opening Lines" which never change. http://www.covers.com/odds/football/nfl-spreads.aspx

2) Each week we will record a score for each contestant, keeping track of correct, incorrect, and ties. Ties will not matter, except in the case of a tie between 2 contestants after the final pick (which is the superbowl). In other words, only correct picks matter.

3) You must pick your games before the games start. This doesn't mean before the first game of the week, but rather whatever games you pick. Once you post a pick, you are locked into that pick. No changes. Doesn't matter if your whole team comes down with the flu, and they don't play, or the starting quarterback gets a hangnail.

4) If you forget to pick until after games have started, you are out of luck.

5) Post all picks on this thread. This is the official sheet.

For those new to picking games, lets use the first game as an example.
The line is Dallas +3 @ NY Giants. If you pick Dallas, you are saying you think Dallas will either win, or lose by less than 3 points. Basically, you get to add 3 points to the Dallas total score, then figure out who wins.

Make sense? Feel free to PM renegadecj with questions.

Each week Science Chic will compile the records, and typically (if he is available, or someone else is) quote everyone's picks before the early games.

Good luck everyone!

I thought we were going with opening spreads..There are 22 pages of posts and I don't read most of them...Thats the rules I was playing under... I don't read blondies posts? Why would I, he's like a girl talkin about football...? How about I change the rules? Or edit a post changing the rules.. SC, THIS IS bullsh**

Enjoy the rest of the contest - I wont read another post..I'm gone

Back to The Bounds community boards for me

And you can blame it on not reading Blondie's posts but SC posted it too. Man up and admit you screwed up! Again, I was 4-1 this week.

I didn't see it!!!! I didn't expect rule changes and I couldnt possibly care less what other posters were picking..I'm not required to read all the posts

29 Sep 2013 20:10 #223 by archer

Big Dougy wrote:

archer wrote: You say you are never posting here again, then go to the other site and trash us here, whine and cry about how you were treated so badly, now you come crawling back. Just as I suspected, not a big enough audience over there.

Stay out of it Archer...And I've been very dissapointed in you lately- btw

You don't tell me what to stay in or out of, I find your presence here, when you trash this place and it's owner every chance you get, then leave in a huff because you didn't get your way, to be objectionable, and hypocritical.

29 Sep 2013 20:18 #224 by UNDER MODERATION

archer wrote:

Big Dougy wrote:

archer wrote: You say you are never posting here again, then go to the other site and trash us here, whine and cry about how you were treated so badly, now you come crawling back. Just as I suspected, not a big enough audience over there.

You don't tell me what to stay in or out of, I find your presence here, when you trash this place and it's owner every chance you get, then leave in a huff because you didn't get your way, to be objectionable, and hypocritical.

Thats very hurtfull Archer- I don't trash SC..I just say shes wrong, and now i've been wronged here...We had official rules.

Put your personal feelings aside for a second...Can't you see my side of this?

29 Sep 2013 20:24 #225 by archer

Big Dougy wrote:

archer wrote:

Big Dougy wrote:

Thats very hurtfull Archer- I don't trash SC..I just say shes wrong, and now i've been wronged here...We had official rules.

Put your personal feelings aside for a second...Can't you see my side of this?

I'm not even in the pick 5, I stick to the pick 3, but even I knew what the line was they were using because I read. You should too.

29 Sep 2013 20:41 #226 by UNDER MODERATION

archer wrote: I'm not even in the pick 5, I stick to the pick 3, but even I knew what the line was they were using because I read. You should too.

Well thats the only reason i told you to stay out of it..And I was in Ho Chi Minh City for three days..I wasn't reading the board..I was busy helping friends

29 Sep 2013 21:01 #227 by UNDER MODERATION

Big Dougy wrote: Here's what everyones been waiting for....I've decided to post them early but if everyone changes thier picks, i'll never do it again..fyi

And this weeks lead pipe synch, blue plate special selections are.........Drum roll please..................................................................................................

RAVENS +7
COWBOYS +7
REDSKINS +7
CARDINALS +7
SEAHAWKS +3
!!!

These picks are to be served with New Belgian Tripple and Sam Adams Light..

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

30 Sep 2013 05:01 #228 by HEARTLESS
Wow, you made it a whole 4 hours on your latest "that's it." Is it the bunghole caffeine or the beer that has you wound so tight?

The silent majority will be silent no more.

30 Sep 2013 06:35 #229 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

Big Dougy wrote: I didn't see it!!!! I didn't expect rule changes and I couldnt possibly care less what other posters were picking..I'm not required to read all the posts

Ah lets give Dookie the benefit of the doubt. He may have just looked at covers.com and missed the posts here about using the mobile site open points. Doubtful but possible. SO he goes 3-2 instead of 2-3 big deal.

Besides if he quits he owes Blondie $5K and has to walk down 285 nakked LOL. Yechhh.

TIP- always use the points posted here after the standings each week. The covers site is flaky and has had errors before after the beginning of the week.

Next time pay attention!

BTW,
How is your hangover headache this AM after drinking that swill?

#Bwahahaaha

:coffee-News:

GO BRONCOS and SEATTLE!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

30 Sep 2013 09:36 #230 by Blondie

LOL wrote:
Besides if he quits he owes Blondie $5K and has to walk down 285 nakked LOL. Yechhh.

:biggrin: :like:
Good to see someone is paying attention.
:wave:

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds