× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

01 Oct 2013 19:49 #271 by PrintSmith

archer wrote: Wow, BD is beginning to sound like the Republicans in the house.....we are surrounded by children throwing temper tantrums.

Really - you're going to bring politics into it? I'll decline a similar snide remark about the Democrats pitching a fit about only getting 99% of what they want instead of 100% despite all their talk about compromise because I don't want to pollute this forum with remarks that really belong elsewhere.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Oct 2013 22:25 #272 by pacamom

Big Dougy wrote:

LOL wrote: CB I like your picks, very good, except maybe for New England, I think Cincy will stomp them.

VL, quit whining already and take it like a man. Geez. If you are such an expert 1-point will be meaningless out of almost 100 picks by year end.

#HahaPrintSmithisbeatingyouBwahahaahaha!

:)

I'm serious,...my rectangular activity system is round now and my cerribellum is cooked over this...If I don't get that win back i'm done.

I went 4-1 last week, not 3-2...You tricked me by using my disinterest in the contest against me.. I really did'nt know what my record was

I wish I had a cerribellum. I don't know what it is, but I want one.

02 Oct 2013 07:24 #273 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest
A big cerribellum? Don't you get one of those by drinking too much beer watching NFL football games all day Sundays? I'll pass on that. LOL

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

02 Oct 2013 17:14 - 03 Oct 2013 16:14 #274 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

McFly wrote: I went 4-1 last week, not 3-2...You tricked me by using my disinterest in the contest against me.. I really did'nt know what my record was

Big Dougy wrote: ok...I'll settle for 3-2...this week

Helloooo McFly.

Here is some free LOL advice, pick the Broncos this week and avoid Chicago. No charge!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

02 Oct 2013 17:34 #275 by The Viking

Big Dougy wrote:

LOL wrote: CB I like your picks, very good, except maybe for New England, I think Cincy will stomp them.

VL, quit whining already and take it like a man. Geez. If you are such an expert 1-point will be meaningless out of almost 100 picks by year end.

#HahaPrintSmithisbeatingyouBwahahaahaha!

:)

I'm serious,...my rectangular activity system is round now and my cerribellum is cooked over this...If I don't get that win back i'm done.

I went 4-1 last week, not 3-2...You tricked me by using my disinterest in the contest against me.. I really did'nt know what my record was

Noooo...... Blondie, Printsmith and I all went 4-1. You only went 3-2. Make better picks next week and maybe you can go 4-1 too!

02 Oct 2013 17:36 #276 by The Viking

PrintSmith wrote: Stay in the pool 'till the end of the year Big Doughy. If you don't miss a single week, and you don't drop out before the end of the season, then I'll start a grass roots effort to get you your win back, if it makes a difference in your final position in the standings. Deal?

OK, then I guess if we all whine like 3rd grade girls we can maybe get another win too? I was on meds when I picked two weeks ago and it caused me dyslexia so I read some of the spreads backwards. So actually I need 3 wins back. But only if they make a difference at the end of the year. Deal?

02 Oct 2013 17:41 #277 by The Viking

PrintSmith wrote:

archer wrote: Wow, BD is beginning to sound like the Republicans in the house.....we are surrounded by children throwing temper tantrums.

Really - you're going to bring politics into it? I'll decline a similar snide remark about the Democrats pitching a fit about only getting 99% of what they want instead of 100% despite all their talk about compromise because I don't want to pollute this forum with remarks that really belong elsewhere.

Yeah I was going to comment on her pathetic ignorant, obviously uneducated attempt at engaging in politics on this site but I decided not to. I had a friend just go on the Obamacare site and punched in all her info and her premium would go up from $348 she has to pay now to $839 per month. Mine went up 40% already. So one party is fighting for the American people and the Dems are fighting for their ego.

But since this is a sports forum, I won't let archer's uneducated comments corrupt it.

02 Oct 2013 18:35 #278 by archer
Sorry....I mistook you for someone having a sense of humor,it won't happen again. I'm happy I stuck with pick 3, much less drama.

02 Oct 2013 19:31 #279 by PrintSmith
My my - aren't we a bit passive-aggresive today. Got caught with your hand in the cookie jar did you?

02 Oct 2013 22:18 #280 by freebird

The Viking wrote:

Science Chic wrote: San Francisco -4.5 @ St. Louis

Sunday, September 29
Seattle +1.5 @ Houston
Cincy -5 @ Cleveland
Indy -7 @ Jacksonville
Chicago +3 @ Detroit
Baltimore -3 @ Buffalo
Arizona +3 @ Tampa Bay
NY Giants +3 @ KC
Pittsburgh PICKUM @ Minnesota
NY Jets +5.5 @ Tennessee
Dallas +1.5 @ San Diego
Washington -2.5 @ Oakland
Philly +9.5 @ Denver
New England +2 @ Atlanta

Monday, September 30
Miami +6.5 @ New Orleans

Hmm, not much change in the standings, Blondie, CB, and LOL continue to pull away!
Blondie 4-1 [Overall 15-4-1]
ComputerBreath 3-2 [Overall 14-6]
LOL 4-1 [Overall 13-6-1]
PrintSmith 4-1 [Overall 11-7-2]
The Viking 4-1 [Overall 11-7-2]
pacamom 2-3 [Overall 11-8-1]
Big Dougy 3-2 [Overall 11-9]
light switch 3-2 [Overall 9-9-2]
Science Chic 3-2 [Overall 9-10-1]
Argyle 3-2 [Overall 8-10-2]
freebird 1-4 [Overall 5-14-1]

freebird, I don't get it. You are 7-5 in the pick 3. You went 3-0 there this week. Why are you going 1-4 here with only 5 total wins?

I'm trying to get a higher handicap. :wink:

I haven't done much watching of football in a few years. I'll pick it up pretty soon. My new goal for the season is to overtake Argyle...but thanks for asking.

Time to create page: 0.317 seconds