× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

06 Sep 2013 18:00 #31 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

PrintSmith wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Sorry Argyle

The season already started..I think it's too late to get into this game now- Try again next year

There you go again - trying to do something you are ill equipped to do - thinking that is. As long as the games Argyle has picked have yet to be played, he is more than welcome to participate. He could even join in week 5 if he wanted to. Heck VL, you are going to need all of us to take a few weeks off to give you a shot at winning this thing if your pick of last night's game is any indication of your abilities in this contest.

I jumped in at the last possible moment because there was only a few people participating, now every yahoo from Turkey Creek to Shawnee can jump in on the action. It's not fair

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Sep 2013 20:13 #32 by PrintSmith

Science Chic wrote:

PrintSmith wrote: Heck VL, you are going to need all of us to take a few weeks off to give you a shot at winning this thing if your pick of last night's game is any indication of your abilities in this contest.

Hey! I resemble that remark! :biggrin: I'll beat ya fair and square though, one bad pick notwithstanding. :wave:

That's probably a lot closer to the truth than I'd want to admit SC. Football isn't really my sport, at least not the American version of it. I figure I'll probably be in the high 60% to low 70% range, not nearly good enough to be competitive, so I'm getting my licks in early because I'm going to be taking them later on. :Whistle

06 Sep 2013 20:44 #33 by Blondie

Vice Lord wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

The season already started..I think it's too late to get into this game now- Try again next year

There you go again - trying to do something you are ill equipped to do - thinking that is. As long as the games Argyle has picked have yet to be played, he is more than welcome to participate. He could even join in week 5 if he wanted to. Heck VL, you are going to need all of us to take a few weeks off to give you a shot at winning this thing if your pick of last night's game is any indication of your abilities in this contest.

I jumped in at the last possible moment because there was only a few people participating, now every yahoo from Turkey Creek to Shawnee can jump in on the action. It's not fair

Go play with yourself Vice Lord.If you cant stand the competition, don't play the game.

Side bet anyone? ViceLord quits playing around week 8. He will be in Raratonga, or somewhere drinking a crappy beer. I don't expect to win. I expect to enjoy the NFL a bit more. I don't have the NFL Experience nor Madden 25(whatever that is) Good luck everyone

06 Sep 2013 22:20 #34 by pacamom
Week 1

Chicago
Jets
Dallas
Green Bay
Saints

06 Sep 2013 22:43 #35 by Argyle
Replied by Argyle on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

Vice Lord wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

lol not a problem. pick 3 is probably enough for this yahoo anyway. good luck.

07 Sep 2013 10:22 #36 by ScienceChic

pacamom wrote: Week 1

Chicago
Jets
Dallas
Green Bay
Saints

Week 1:
Baltimore
Indianapolis
New England
Cleveland
NY Jets

Just for fun to see how I do on the rest:
Cinti
Carolina
Minnesota
Pittsburgh
Atlanta
Jacksonville
Arizona
San Fran
NY Giants
Washington
Houston

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Sep 2013 11:21 - 07 Sep 2013 18:39 #37 by UNDER MODERATION

PrintSmith wrote:

Science Chic wrote:

PrintSmith wrote: Football isn't really my sport, at least not the American version of it. I figure I'll probably be in the high 60% to low 70% range, not nearly good enough to be competitive

lol The best handicappers in the world hit at around 67% ATS (against the spread)

When I wanna know who's going to win "a match!" between Nottingham Forest and the Tottenham gayspurs....I'll ask you PS

#you pommy bastard you

07 Sep 2013 11:21 #38 by UNDER MODERATION

Argyle wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

lol not a problem. pick 3 is probably enough for this yahoo anyway. good luck.

Try again next year

07 Sep 2013 11:22 #39 by UNDER MODERATION

Blondie wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

Go play with yourself Vice Lord.If you cant stand the competition, don't play the game.

Side bet anyone? ViceLord quits playing around week 8. He will be in Raratonga, or somewhere drinking a crappy beer. I don't expect to win. I expect to enjoy the NFL a bit more. I don't have the NFL Experience nor Madden 25(whatever that is) Good luck everyone

Im going to teach you a lesson

08 Sep 2013 03:51 #40 by PrintSmith

Vice Lord wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

Science Chic wrote:

PrintSmith wrote: Football isn't really my sport, at least not the American version of it. I figure I'll probably be in the high 60% to low 70% range, not nearly good enough to be competitive

lol The best handicappers in the world hit at around 67% ATS (against the spread)

When I wanna know who's going to win "a match!" between Nottingham Forest and the Tottenham gayspurs....I'll ask you PS

#you pommy bastard you

But that's for all 16 games, not 5, or 3. Odds are much improved when you are dealing with a portion of the weekly schedule instead of the entire schedule.

As to the other, that's a tough question given the two teams are in different leagues. Rather like asking if a AAA team could win a game against a MLB team. But I'd take Tottenham if such a match were to actually be played. It's been a few years since Forest has been in the Premier League after all, while Tottenham has been a fixture there for a number of years now, On any given day though, right?

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds