× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

13 Sep 2013 18:22 #81 by pacamom
Why wasnt that brought up before we started the season? It took me a year to figure out the spread, and now I'm gonna have to figure out 'quad down'?

If you pick only 1 team that is worth +5 or -5 points win or lose?

Or you pick 3 teams and list two of them twice so those are worth 2 point each W/L?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Sep 2013 19:15 - 13 Sep 2013 19:17 #82 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

pacamom wrote: Why wasnt that brought up before we started the season? It took me a year to figure out the spread, and now I'm gonna have to figure out 'quad down'?

If you pick only 1 team that is worth +5 or -5 points win or lose?

Or you pick 3 teams and list two of them twice so those are worth 2 point each W/L?

No..It has nothing to do with the spread. It means if you pick

Green Bay
Green Bay
Green Bay
Green Bay
Green Bay

And Green Bay wins ATS..then you went 5-0

You can pick Green Bay once, twice, three or four times as well and pick the reminder of games with other teams, so if JMC really likes Green Bay or any other team next week, he can pick them as many times as he wants..

13 Sep 2013 19:16 #83 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

Science Chic wrote: Fine, what's everyone else want - put it to a vote. I'm flexible.

Well we have a few days to consider it..I vote YES

13 Sep 2013 21:05 #84 by Blondie
Come on - pick the spread. Pick by the rules originally stated. Changing it in mid stream makes no sense. But if you choose to do that. Let me grab my jacket. I am out of here ( is there an echo in here)
Week 2
Jets Jets Jets Jets Jets. I stand by my earlier picks And I wont change someones picks when I quote them

This is just for fun. Sheesh. Play by the rules, they were prominently posted
Vice Lord has already conceded that he wont be making his picks
week 2

14 Sep 2013 08:01 #85 by The Viking
I just stopped in to check how people did and make picks. And now I see that the drama queen is out just trying to make this a place to gain attention since his pathetic life is so lonely. Of course no one can make one team 3, 4 or 5 of their picks. That doesn't even make this a pick 5 anymore. Just ignore the cross dressing VL. If he wants to run away again like he has most years when he is getting spanked on here he can.

I will post my picks later today.

14 Sep 2013 08:03 #86 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote:

Argyle wrote:

Vice Lord wrote:

PrintSmith wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Sorry Argyle

The season already started..I think it's too late to get into this game now- Try again next year

There you go again - trying to do something you are ill equipped to do - thinking that is. As long as the games Argyle has picked have yet to be played, he is more than welcome to participate. He could even join in week 5 if he wanted to. Heck VL, you are going to need all of us to take a few weeks off to give you a shot at winning this thing if your pick of last night's game is any indication of your abilities in this contest.

I jumped in at the last possible moment because there was only a few people participating, now every yahoo from Turkey Creek to Shawnee can jump in on the action. It's not fair

lol not a problem. pick 3 is probably enough for this yahoo anyway. good luck.

Try again next year

Argyle, don't leave due to the cross dressing drama queen. Anyone can even start in week two. You would just start at 0-5. But to put it into perspective, with VL's 2-3 typical pathetic start, you would only be 2 games behind him even taking a week off.

14 Sep 2013 08:05 #87 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote: Please don't anybody mimic my picks...Viking did that one year

Actually you know that you copied my picks. You waited until I posted to make your picks and I still kicked you ass one year and the next you dropped out because you were losing so bad. And why would anyone copy your picks? You only went 2-3 your first week. And for someone who brags so much, you have never even won this contest. (I have).

14 Sep 2013 08:07 #88 by The Viking
And by the way, unless you pick 5 DIFFERENT teams this is NOT a pick 5! Have them start another contest if they want to find one game that is almost a sure thing and make that all 5 of their picks. SO of course anyone who is not afraid of competition and getting spanked for the 4th year in a row, will vote NO on VL's idea.

14 Sep 2013 08:55 #89 by The Viking
Stated my piece and not going to feed into the Cross Dressing Drama Queen VL's need for attention anymore. If you change this to a pick one team 5 times them please start another one where you ACTUALLY pick 5 teams like we started this out to be.

Denver
Dallas
Green Bay
Cincinnati
Atlanta

Let's see how many of these that VL copies from me like he does every year.

14 Sep 2013 09:14 #90 by PrintSmith
Week 2
Green Bay
San Diego
Baltimore
Atlanta
Houston

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds