× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

15 Sep 2013 22:59 #101 by freebird
"freebird x-3-1, 1 game left"
Next week I'm trying the sophisticated method of coin tossing. :idea:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Sep 2013 07:23 #102 by pacamom
Do you think Blondie will remember if we go back and changer her picks?

Awesome job Blondie. I hope flying blindly is good for you this week!

16 Sep 2013 08:30 #103 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

Blondie wrote: Come on - pick the spread.

Were using the spread you idiot

16 Sep 2013 08:39 #104 by UNDER MODERATION

The Viking wrote:

Vice Lord wrote: Please don't anybody mimic my picks...Viking did that one year

Actually you know that you copied my picks. You waited until I posted to make your picks and I still kicked you ass one year and the next you dropped out because you were losing so bad. And why would anyone copy your picks? You only went 2-3 your first week. And for someone who brags so much, you have never even won this contest. (I have).

First of all, I only played this contest in the first year, you guys begged me to play in the second but I didn't want to, and secondly- I was running away with the contest in year one and had to let up to keep people in the game- To keep it interesting. I worked it so it would come down to the Superbowl with you vs me and I let you pick first and told you i'd go the other way to make it interesting- You picked the team I said you'd pick, and the team I bet on (in real life) in the game, but true to my word I went the other way in the contest....So in summary..I let you win..I coulda won that thing by 10 games. You didn't even know how the point spread worked in year one, I had to constantly explain it to you, thats why I didn't want to play in year two..

How do grown men like you and Blondie not know what a point spread is? How in this world does a "guy" reach maturity in America and not know about point spreads is beyond me- Did "guys" like you spend your choildhoods playing with dolls or something?

#dontmakemepostalink

16 Sep 2013 10:55 - 24 Aug 2014 21:40 #105 by The Viking

Big Dougy wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Actually you know that you copied my picks. You waited until I posted to make your picks and I still kicked you ass one year and the next you dropped out because you were losing so bad. And why would anyone copy your picks? You only went 2-3 your first week. And for someone who brags so much, you have never even won this contest. (I have).

First of all, I only played this contest in the first year, you guys begged me to play in the second but I didn't want to, and secondly- I was running away with the contest in year one and had to let up to keep people in the game- To keep it interesting. I worked it so it would come down to the Superbowl with you vs me and I let you pick first and told you i'd go the other way to make it interesting- You picked the team I said you'd pick, and the team I bet on (in real life) in the game, but true to my word I went the other way in the contest....So in summary..I let you win..I coulda won that thing by 10 games. You didn't even know how the point spread worked in year one, I had to constantly explain it to you, thats why I didn't want to play in year two..

How do grown men like you and Blondie not know what a point spread is? How in this world does a "guy" reach maturity in America and not know about point spreads is beyond me- Did "guys" like you spend your choildhoods playing with dolls or something?

#dontmakemepostalink

VL again you have proven yourself to be a total liar. You did not let me pcik first that year. We sent the picks blindly to a third party because you whined that I would pick the same pick just to win. And secondly, I have bet on 'the spread' for over 20 years. SO for you to make sh** up again about me not knowing what it was and that is why you QUIT, and not because you were getting spanked by many of us, just makes you look like a total fool. But you are use to that.

16 Sep 2013 11:30 - 16 Sep 2013 11:41 #106 by UNDER MODERATION

The Viking wrote:

Big Dougy wrote:

The Viking wrote:

#dontmakemepostalink

VL again you have proven yourself to be a total liar. You did not let me pcik first that year. We sent the picks blindly to a third party because you whined that I would pick the same pick just to win. And secondly, I have bet on 'the spread' for over 20 years. SO for you to make sh** up again about me not knowing what it was and that is why you QUIT, and not because you were getting spanked by many of us, just makes you look like a total fool. But you are use to that.

Now i'm gonna post the links

And you need to read this- I spent all of 5 seconds picking these NFL games this week....That was enough to beat you Rank Amatures in year one, so you better shut your mouth right now Viqueen or i'll put in more time on them this week..

Big Dougy wrote: I gotta explain something to you about gambling and professional gamblers...I used to carry the Racing form with me everyday, every single day it was in my back pocket and i'd read it religiously...People would say "who's gonna win the Kentucky Derby" and I'd always say "I don't know"..Because I didn't. And they'd say "well youre an expert" and I'd have to explain to them, like I'm explaining to you now that I'm an expert on the one or two (outta the 300 races that day) that I studied that day for 3 hours-I'm not an expert on every race

I played two college games this week, and 6 before that, and i'm 7-1 this year. I don't play the NFL, not too many professional gamblers do because of something called parity- Those teams are all the same, all chocked full of All Stars- Any NFL team can beat any other NFL team on any given week and any horse in the Derby can win the Derby, they're all great horses and its the worst betting race ever.

So...I'll be an expert on Houston U vs Rice next week, I'll know everything about everything in that game, but I don't know sh** about the Bengals vs the Steelers tonight- It takes hours to pick a game, like 10 or 15 and 10 phone calls, etc..etc..etc..

I'm only an expert on the college games I work on all week and I sell those picks for a lot of money, i'm not posting them here for free.

16 Sep 2013 11:35 #107 by UNDER MODERATION
And btw Viking:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=330915003

Mu ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

YEEEAHES!

16 Sep 2013 15:32 #108 by ComputerBreath

Science Chic wrote: Okay, I figured I'd take a stab at figuring out the winners of the games this week, maybe save Renegade some time (or make him spend as much checking me). lol

Thursday, September 12
NY Jets +10 @ New England

Sunday, September 15
Cleveland +7 @ Baltimore
Carolina -2.5 @ Buffalo
Washington +7 @ Green Bay
Minnesota +5 @ Chicago
St. Louis +7 @ Atlanta - TIE
San Diego +7 @ Philly
Dallas +7 @ Kansas City
Tennessee +7 @ Houston
Miami +3 @ Indy
Detroit +7 @ Arizona
New Orleans -3.5 @ Tampa Bay
Denver -2 @ NY Giants
Jacksonville +5.5 @ Oakland
San Francisco + 2.5 @ Seattle

Monday, Sept 16
Pittsburgh +3 @ Cincy

Assuming I didn't mess up:
Blondie 5-0
Computer Breath 4-1
Printsmith 3-1-1
LOL 3-1-1
Science Chic 3-1-1
The Viking 3-x-1, 1 game left
pacamom 3-1-x, 1 game left
light switch 2-2-1
VL 2-2-x, 1 game left
Argyle 1-4
freebird x-3-1, 1 game left

Edited to add outcome of SF/Seattle game.

Well...I'm 3 and 2 this week...Detroit lost as did Philly. Thank God for Seattle!

16 Sep 2013 15:46 #109 by UNDER MODERATION
I got Cincy tonight at -3.. lol its -7 right now

#itsinthebag

17 Sep 2013 07:09 #110 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest
Have to pick early this week.
NO COPYING MY PICKS BIG DOOKIE!

:woo hoo:

LOL week 3

Chicago
Atlanta
Detroit
NY Giants
Dallas

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds