× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

17 Sep 2013 18:24 #121 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest
Youre only voting "no" because it was my idea..

Fine!

5 seperate picks

# GAMEON!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Sep 2013 19:08 #122 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest
I thought it was jmc's idea. Using weighted picks would add some more challenge and fun but it is too late now, start a new thread for it and keep your scores. Big Dookie only wants it to try to salvage his poor start and embarrassment in having his butt kicked by amateurs. Bwhahaha! :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

17 Sep 2013 20:25 #123 by UNDER MODERATION
I'm not worried about it...

#at all

18 Sep 2013 15:12 #124 by The Viking

Science Chic wrote: Getting back to the proposed change of being able to pick one team more than once, so far we have 2 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 no position, and several non-votes. Any more thoughts on this?

I would say that if we do it, it is absolutely still based on the opening spread, all you are doing is putting your eggs in one basket using the same team. So if GB is projected to win by 5, and wins by 7, and you chose them for 3 of your 5 picks, plus two other games, then your score is 3-x-x.

We need a majority vote if we're going to change this, otherwise it will stay the same. There are 11 of us playing so that's 5 Yes votes that are needed. Let's put a deadline of Wednesday on this so we know going into this week's picks or not. Keep in mind that we already have two players that have selected for this week, and they are unable to change their picks so they would be at a disadvantage should we choose to make this change.

If you do that, then you need to start another thread for REAL picks. VL or whoever he is this week always brags that he can make so many picks right. Anyone could have picked GB 5 times last week and went 5-0. That is just ignorant and not even a real contest of picking 5 games anymore. And like was stated above, the only reason the Big Dookie wants to change it is because looking at his record he is only average at best if he has to pick 5 teams. What is that I smell?........ Oh yeah it's fear!

18 Sep 2013 15:14 - 18 Sep 2013 15:23 #125 by The Viking
There are 1 or two games each week that are almost a 80-90% chance of covering. SO that is like handing someone 5 wins each week. So if you pick the one easy pick each week for 10 weeks you would be 40-10 and blowing away the field. Doesn't sound like much of a fun contest to me.

Like I said, if you do make this into an easier contest, then start another thread for those of us who want to keep the real competition going.

18 Sep 2013 15:19 #126 by The Viking

Big Dougy wrote: Do we have to always cater to the lowest common denominators around here? Paca, invest the 2 minutes it takes to figure this out, its not that complicated. You can make one team more than one of your picks-

Its just that simple

#

No we don't and that is why we won't cater to your whining because you are no good at picking 5 teams. Anyone can pick one. Ooooohhhhh.... That would make you SO good! :bash

Oh and by the way.

Pacamom...... 7-3
VL...............5-5

I can see why you want to change things. And which one of you is lower?

18 Sep 2013 15:24 #127 by The Viking
VL do you still use training wheels on your bike too? Can't believe this is even a discussion.

18 Sep 2013 15:27 #128 by UNDER MODERATION

The Viking wrote: There are 1 or two games each week that are almost a 80-90% chance of covering.

BWHA HA Ha Ha ha ha ha ..I just spit my muscle milk all over my keybord! Hey Viking! Lets go to Vegas and just bet those! Just the 80 and 90%rs...We'll be millionaires on Monday

Do you know how stupid you are?

btw- we already decided not to do it you moron

18 Sep 2013 20:39 #129 by The Viking

Big Dougy wrote:

The Viking wrote: There are 1 or two games each week that are almost a 80-90% chance of covering.

BWHA HA Ha Ha ha ha ha ..I just spit my muscle milk all over my keybord! Hey Viking! Lets go to Vegas and just bet those! Just the 80 and 90%rs...We'll be millionaires on Monday

Muscle milk? So that's what they call lactating now a days?

18 Sep 2013 21:51 #130 by UNDER MODERATION

The Viking wrote:

Big Dougy wrote:

Muscle milk? So that's what they call lactating now a days?

Viking..My bags are packed for Vegas..What are the one or two games this week that have a 90% of covering the spread?

#Goldengoose

:rofllol

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds