× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

17 Sep 2013 09:21 #111 by ScienceChic

Science Chic wrote: Okay, I figured I'd take a stab at figuring out the winners of the games this week, maybe save Renegade some time (or make him spend as much checking me). lol

Thursday, September 12
NY Jets +10 @ New England

Sunday, September 15
Cleveland +7 @ Baltimore
Carolina -2.5 @ Buffalo
Washington +7 @ Green Bay
Minnesota +5 @ Chicago
St. Louis +7 @ Atlanta - TIE
San Diego +7 @ Philly
Dallas +7 @ Kansas City
Tennessee +7 @ Houston
Miami +3 @ Indy
Detroit +7 @ Arizona
New Orleans -3.5 @ Tampa Bay
Denver -2 @ NY Giants
Jacksonville +5.5 @ Oakland - I'd gotten this winner wrong, it's actually OAK. Argyle was the only one to choose this game.
San Francisco + 2.5 @ Seattle

Monday, Sept 16
Pittsburgh +3 @ Cincy

Assuming I didn't mess up:
Blondie 5-0
Computer Breath 4-1
Printsmith 3-1-1
LOL 3-1-1
Science Chic 3-1-1
The Viking 3-x-1, 1 game left
pacamom 3-1-x, 1 game left
light switch 2-2-1
VL 2-2-x, 1 game left
Argyle 2-3 - Argyle had picked Oakland, so his score is changed
freebird x-3-1, 1 game left

Edited to add outcome of SF/Seattle game.

Final Results:
Blondie 5-0, Overall 8-1-1
Computer Breath 4-1, Overall 8-2
pacamom 4-1, Overall 7-3
The Viking 4-0-1, Overall 6-2-2
LOL 3-1-1, Overall 6-3-1
light switch 2-2-1, Overall 5-4-1
Vice Lord 3-2, Overall 5-5
Printsmith 3-1-1, Overall 4-4-2
Science Chic 3-1-1, Overall 4-5-1
Argyle 2-3, Overall 3-6-1
freebird 1-3-1, Overall 2-7-1

ComputerBreath wrote: Well...I'm 3 and 2 this week...Detroit lost as did Philly. Thank God for Seattle!

You actually finished 4-1 CB, Detroit beat the spread - the final score was ARI 25-DET 21 and the line was +7 for Detroit. Good picking!

RenegadeCJ wrote: Week 3 Opening Spreads

Thursday, September 19
Kansas City +3 @ Philly

Sunday September 22
GB +1 @ Cincy
St. Louis +3.5 @ Dallas
Tampa Bay +7 @ New England
Cleveland +4 @ Minnesota
Houston +2.5 @ Baltimore
NY Giants +1.5 @ Carolina
Detroit +3 @ Washington
Arizona +9 @ New Orleans
San Diego +3 @ Tennessee
Atlanta PICKUM @ Miami
Jacksonville +17.5 @ Seattle
Buffalo +2 @ NY Jets
Indy +9 @ San Francisco
Chicago +3 @ Pittsburgh

Monday September 23
Oakland +13 @ Denver

LOL wrote: Have to pick early this week.
NO COPYING MY PICKS BIG DOOKIE!

:woo hoo:

LOL week 3

Chicago
Atlanta
Detroit
NY Giants
Dallas

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Sep 2013 09:33 #112 by ScienceChic
Getting back to the proposed change of being able to pick one team more than once, so far we have 2 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 no position, and several non-votes. Any more thoughts on this?

I would say that if we do it, it is absolutely still based on the opening spread, all you are doing is putting your eggs in one basket using the same team. So if GB is projected to win by 5, and wins by 7, and you chose them for 3 of your 5 picks, plus two other games, then your score is 3-x-x.

We need a majority vote if we're going to change this, otherwise it will stay the same. There are 11 of us playing so that's 5 Yes votes that are needed. Let's put a deadline of Wednesday on this so we know going into this week's picks or not. Keep in mind that we already have two players that have selected for this week, and they are unable to change their picks so they would be at a disadvantage should we choose to make this change.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Sep 2013 11:58 #113 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

Science Chic wrote: Getting back to the proposed change of being able to pick one team more than once, so far we have 2 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 no position, and several non-votes. Any more thoughts on this?

I would say that if we do it, it is absolutely still based on the opening spread, all you are doing is putting your eggs in one basket using the same team. So if GB is projected to win by 5, and wins by 7, and you chose them for 3 of your 5 picks, plus two other games, then your score is 3-x-x.

We need a majority vote if we're going to change this, otherwise it will stay the same. There are 11 of us playing so that's 5 Yes votes that are needed. Let's put a deadline of Wednesday on this so we know going into this week's picks or not. Keep in mind that we already have two players that have selected for this week, and they are unable to change their picks so they would be at a disadvantage should we choose to make this change.

Even though I have a lead pipe synch mortal lock next weekend and would jump right into the lead with the pick...I'm willing to wait one more week to implement the plan...

17 Sep 2013 12:06 #114 by pacamom

Science Chic wrote: Getting back to the proposed change of being able to pick one team more than once, so far we have 2 votes for, 2 votes against, 1 no position, and several non-votes. Any more thoughts on this?

No.

17 Sep 2013 13:36 #115 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest
Do we have to always cater to the lowest common denominators around here? Paca, invest the 2 minutes it takes to figure this out, its not that complicated. You can make one team more than one of your picks-

Its just that simple

#

17 Sep 2013 13:51 #116 by ComputerBreath
I vote no on picking the same team multiple times.

17 Sep 2013 13:52 #117 by ComputerBreath
Week 3 Picks:
Green Bay
Detroit (trying again)
Miami
Indy
Arizona

17 Sep 2013 14:21 #118 by Argyle
Replied by Argyle on topic My Mountain Town Pick 5 Contest

Science Chic wrote: Jacksonville +5.5 @ Oakland - I'd gotten this winner wrong, it's actually OAK. Argyle was the only one to choose this game.

thanks for catching that. didn't notice it myself.

17 Sep 2013 14:25 #119 by pacamom

Big Dougy wrote: Do we have to always cater to the lowest common denominators around here? Paca, invest the 2 minutes it takes to figure this out, its not that complicated. You can make one team more than one of your picks-

Its just that simple

#

I voted No. I know how to play. I just don't want to play that way. If you want to pick only one team, go start your own Pick One thread.

#Idontknowwhytheysayyoursodumb

17 Sep 2013 15:41 #120 by PrintSmith
If we're doing this democratically, my vote is no as well. Much more of a challenge to pick 5 games correctly than one.

Time to create page: 0.558 seconds