× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Fantasy Football Time of Year!

04 Oct 2019 20:03 - 04 Oct 2019 20:27 #581 by freebird
NEVERMIND - although I thought to reboot my laptop, it seems I was logged out. I remain logged in and really surprised one can still see the other screens without logging in...but they can. I'm back in, now. Dog tired, obviously.
deb

I'll PM Renegade next but wanted to ask here if anyone else is having difficulty with the ESPN site tonight. I don't have the "My Team" dropdown/choice at the top, left-hand corner of the fantasy football screen for my league. I can eventually access my own team by clicking on the name in the scoreboard screen or standings but odd that the My Team is no longer displayed.

Can someone in my league check to see if you also have this problem? And, I'd like to check with the team that made the counter-offer to determine if that was withdrawn or still open. Is there a way to contact a team in one's own league through the ESPN site? Thanks all in advance and off to try emailing/PM'ing Renegade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Oct 2019 09:18 #582 by RenegadeCJ

freebird wrote: NEVERMIND - although I thought to reboot my laptop, it seems I was logged out. I remain logged in and really surprised one can still see the other screens without logging in...but they can. I'm back in, now. Dog tired, obviously.
deb

I'll PM Renegade next but wanted to ask here if anyone else is having difficulty with the ESPN site tonight. I don't have the "My Team" dropdown/choice at the top, left-hand corner of the fantasy football screen for my league. I can eventually access my own team by clicking on the name in the scoreboard screen or standings but odd that the My Team is no longer displayed.

Can someone in my league check to see if you also have this problem? And, I'd like to check with the team that made the counter-offer to determine if that was withdrawn or still open. Is there a way to contact a team in one's own league through the ESPN site? Thanks all in advance and off to try emailing/PM'ing Renegade.

Sorry about that freebird! I was away from computer. Not having any issues on my end. You can always email me thru the espn system as well in the future. I PM'd you my email address as well for direct contact

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

06 Oct 2019 09:42 #583 by ScienceChic
I'm happy you were able to figure out the issue freebird! It's annoying, but both ESPN and Yahoo Fantasy log me out multiple times per season even though I have clicked to keep me logged in. Grrr.

Update your lineups if you haven't already everyone! Good luck!!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

26 Nov 2019 20:33 - 26 Nov 2019 20:33 #584 by ScienceChic
Hey Everyone!

I received a message that we're nearing the end of the waiver wire if you want to try picking up some players to fill holes in your lineups. Don't forget that with Thanksgiving this week, you'll want to set your lineups early before family descends (or you have to travel elsewhere), and the festivities begin.

Here are the current standings in League A
East
Team Viking 10 - 2
Team Red Crush 9 - 3
Team The Chicks 6 - 6
Team Slayer 5 - 7
Diamond's Stars 4 - 8

West
Team freebird 9 - 3
Team BroncoBunch 6 - 6
Blue Billed Ducks 5 - 7
Team Dak 4 - 8
Burro Balls of Steel 2 - 10

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Nov 2019 08:06 #585 by RenegadeCJ
Here are the standings in league B&C

League B
East division
Mountain PineNuts 8-4
Arlo's Army 6-6
Bailey Sasquatch 6-6
Arborjack 5-7
Mtngirl 5-7

West Division
Punkrockgirl 9-3
Your Dreams Pappy 8-4
Bailey Beerhunter 2.0 6-6
Warrior 5-7
Hot Chile 2-10

League C
East Division
DCVR Ike Diesel 11-1
Bailey Happy Camper 8-4
Renegade 4-8
Insmont 4-8
Bottom Dwellers 3-9

West Division
KBs Kakery Dorothys Tamale 9-3
Diggergirl 7-5
GRAM 6-6
Token Old Guy Grizz 5-7
Whyamihere 3-9

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

12 Dec 2019 16:12 #586 by freebird
I think the playoffs setting is wrong for this year. I'll text and email Renegade but know the first game is in a couple of hours.

Renegade, appears our league is set up to have two weeks each for the semi-finals and then the finals. I'm set to play Boyd again in week 15 and already defeated him in week 14. Apologies in advance if this change (from past years) is what you intended. I didn't catch this change when I reviewed the league settings at the start.

12 Dec 2019 17:01 - 12 Dec 2019 17:05 #587 by RenegadeCJ
I didn't change the default settings, but you are right. They were 1 week games last year. Since we only have the top 4 in the playoffs, we play 2 week games. That is the standard setting,

Don't think I should change it now....since one game is in the books. Hope everyone is ok with it. Gotta bring out your A game 2 weeks in a row!

12 Dec 2019 17:10 #588 by freebird
Okay, just don't remember playing a 4-week post regular season playoffs before this year. I don't mind doing so but wanted to check with you in case that was a mistake in set-up. So just to confirm how this will work, #2 & #3 play in both weeks 14 & 15 (same for teams #1 & #4) and then the winners from each of those brackets play each other for the following two games (weeks 16 & 17). Right?

And what is the tie breaker criteria should each team win one of the 2 games (e.g., weeks 14 & 15)?

Thanks for the quick response on the earlier and no rush on this answer.

12 Dec 2019 17:15 #589 by Waynealbers
It looks like whomever has the higher score after the 2 week period wins, as our total points from last week carried over

12 Dec 2019 17:21 #590 by RenegadeCJ
Freebird-You are correct. That is how it works.

Also, total points over the 2 weeks is the winner. I guess it is supposed to be an equalizer so a one week bummer or huge score doesn't make you win.

We can change next year if everyone wants.

Time to create page: 0.390 seconds