× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

2017 My Mountain Town Annual Pick 5 Contest!

08 Nov 2017 05:47 - 12 Nov 2017 09:53 #181 by RenegadeCJ
Week 10 Opening Spreads
www.covers.com/Sports/NFL/Odds/US/SPREAD/competition/Online/ML

Thursday, Nov 9
Seattle @ Arizona +7

Sunday, Nov 12
Pittsburgh @ Indy +11.5
Minnesota @ Washington +1
Cleveland @ Detroit -11
NY Jets @ Tampa Bay +2.5
Green Bay @ Chicago -3
LA Chargers @ Jacksonville -4.5
New Orleans @ Buffalo +1
Cincinnati @ Tennessee -5.5
Houston @ LA Rams -12.5
NY Giants @ San Francisco -1
Dallas @ Atlanta -3
New England @ Denver +8

Monday, Nov 13
Miami @ Carolina -10

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Nov 2017 05:52 #182 by RenegadeCJ
Viking-you can't quit just because you aren't doing well! Everyone needs to suck it up and keep picking. If only those at the top stay in, what a boring contest! You think winning last year would have been fun if those of us who struggled bagged it?

I've been in the bottom multiple years, but have always stuck it out, and even kept doing the scorekeeping, since once you commit to doing something you stay in.

Let me quote you from the end of last year.

The Viking wrote: Thank you so much! LOVE the trophy! It was a roller coaster year with many people at the top at different times. It was a very competitive year. Can't wait until next year. maybe we can get more than 20 people next year. Congratulations to everyone who stuck it out to the end.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

08 Nov 2017 09:13 #183 by Hot Chile
You can do it Viking. I know all about being too busy to give it the kind of focus you would like. I've been in and out of country every other week, and only have time to give my picks some Kentucky windage. My results show it, but still have to throw em in.

Besides, this is going to be a crappy week to pick. Things could go all sorts of ways.

Here's Chile's Week 10
DET
BUF
TBB
DAL
NEP

10 Nov 2017 14:31 #184 by RenegadeCJ
Renegadecj
Detroit
New Orleans
Pittsburgh
Jacksonville
New England

11 Nov 2017 21:20 #185 by Christina
Denver
Chicago
LAR
Minnesota
Jacksonville

11 Nov 2017 21:28 #186 by The Viking

RenegadeCJ wrote: Viking-you can't quit just because you aren't doing well! Everyone needs to suck it up and keep picking. If only those at the top stay in, what a boring contest! You think winning last year would have been fun if those of us who struggled bagged it?

I've been in the bottom multiple years, but have always stuck it out, and even kept doing the scorekeeping, since once you commit to doing something you stay in.

Let me quote you from the end of last year.

The Viking wrote: Thank you so much! LOVE the trophy! It was a roller coaster year with many people at the top at different times. It was a very competitive year. Can't wait until next year. maybe we can get more than 20 people next year. Congratulations to everyone who stuck it out to the end.

I'm don't care about the record. I just have typed in the wrong teams twice now as I am busy working or doing something else when I quick do it. I get all excited about my good picks and then see I typed in the wrong team.Tonight I have time but most weeks I have not even had time to look at this. But I will ride it out. Keep giving away wins because I'm not paying attention. Heck I even told my girlfriend Thursday that I was going with Arizona and going to break my Thursday losing streak. But then I forgot until after the game started. I kept hoping Seattle would win by more than 7 so I wouldn't get pissed but they didn't. Oh well.

11 Nov 2017 21:45 #187 by The Viking
Just to keep people happy......

Minnesota
New Orleans
LA Rams
Pittsburgh

Debating on the last one.

11 Nov 2017 23:43 #188 by freebird
I know I'm tired, but don't see the Steelers/Colts game listed on Renegade's list. I just now tried to quote his post and comment but that wouldn't work so maybe it's something with my laptop or browser.

Can someone just confirm if I'm looking at the website correctly used to establish the spread?

Indy +11.5

Thanks in advance. I'll wait to post in the morning in case I want to include this game in my picks.

Good night!

12 Nov 2017 02:48 #189 by Hitch17

freebird wrote: I know I'm tired, but don't see the Steelers/Colts game listed on Renegade's list. I just now tried to quote his post and comment but that wouldn't work so maybe it's something with my laptop or browser.

Can someone just confirm if I'm looking at the website correctly used to establish the spread?

Indy +11.5

Thanks in advance. I'll wait to post in the morning in case I want to include this game in my picks.

Good night!

I noticed this as well, would like to confirm that and the spread is PIT @ IND +11.5.

12 Nov 2017 03:48 #190 by Hitch17
Viking: There's a saying in Football (English, of course): "You can't win the lottery if you don't buy the ticket."
No one is out of this yet, plus it makes Sundays just a bit more interesting!

Week 9 Picks:
-NO -1
-DET -11
-WAS +1
-DAL +3
-LAR -12.5

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds