× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

19 Dec 2010 11:47 #1051 by ScienceChic
YES!!!! :thumbsup:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Dec 2010 11:51 #1052 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest
I will sing you can play guitar. LOL

20 Dec 2010 06:29 #1053 by RenegadeCJ
This week's records
JMC 2-1
Renegade 1-1-1
VIKINGCGVL (In no particular order) all a 1-2

New standings!!!

1) CG 22-21-1
2) Viking 21-21-2
3) VL 21-23
4) Renegade 19-22-3
5) JMC 18-26

By the way, played a game over the weekend similar to this...lots of ties, and the way they handle it to find a "winner" is this. Correct guesses=2 points, ties-1 point, incorrect guess 0 points.

This allows no question to who is winning. Kind of like hockey points for records.
With this, here would be the totals. Do we want to do it this way, to avoid any potential controversy at the end?? Just throwing ideas out there!

1) CG 45 points
2) Viking 44 points
3) VL 42 points
4) Renegade 41 points
5) JMC 36 points

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

20 Dec 2010 07:05 #1054 by CinnamonGirl
I am barely hanging on. Say what you want but sorry part of the issue with Orton is that he is boring as hell. Tebow was alot more fun to watch. SC and I had a great time. You guys missed out again. LOL

Viking. I don't think you can catch me.

20 Dec 2010 11:17 #1055 by The Viking

RenegadeCJ wrote: This week's records
JMC 2-1
Renegade 1-1-1

New standings!!!

1) CG 22-21-1
2) Viking 21-21-2
3) VL 21-23
4) Renegade 19-22-3
5) JMC 18-26

By the way, played a game over the weekend similar to this...lots of ties, and the way they handle it to find a "winner" is this. Correct guesses=2 points, ties-1 point, incorrect guess 0 points.

This allows no question to who is winning. Kind of like hockey points for records.
With this, here would be the totals. Do we want to do it this way, to avoid any potential controversy at the end?? Just throwing ideas out there!

1) CG 45 points
2) Viking 44 points
3) VL 42 points
4) Renegade 41 points
5) JMC 36 points

I don't mind that since there are quite a few ties. And that would help break ties in the end. And of course you know that VL will whine about it. But lets vote on it like he forced us to on the loss he wanted thrown off his record.

20 Dec 2010 11:19 #1056 by The Viking

CinnamonGirl wrote: I am barely hanging on. Say what you want but sorry part of the issue with Orton is that he is boring as hell. Tebow was alot more fun to watch. SC and I had a great time. You guys missed out again. LOL

Viking. I don't think you can catch me.

You have thrown down the gauntlet! :wink: This week I won't pick while running out the door.

20 Dec 2010 12:34 #1057 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

JMC 2-1
Renegade 1-1-1

New standings!!!

1) CG 22-21-1
2) Viking 21-21-2
3) VL 21-23
4) Renegade 19-22-3
5) JMC 18-26

1) CG 45 points
2) Viking 44 points
3) VL 42 points
4) Renegade 41 points
5) JMC 36 points

STOP...are you out of your mind? Its the one with the most wins, wins..it's real simple and thats what I signed on for-Stop trying to change the rules all the time WTF? You know Renegade, this whole contest was created so I could showcase my talents..You jumped in and thats fine but the rules were clearly established on the first page- I suggest you go back abnd read them. youre not in charge of anything here, i don't know where you got the idea you were? We are coming down the stretch, we are all neck and neck, its finally getting exciting and you want to seperate us? move the finish line? Do me a favor and quit thinking, just post your picks and shut up

20 Dec 2010 12:42 #1058 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Pick 3 of the week... Football Contest

The Viking wrote:

JMC 2-1
Renegade 1-1-1

New standings!!!

1) CG 22-21-1
2) Viking 21-21-2
3) VL 21-23
4) Renegade 19-22-3
5) JMC 18-26

1) CG 45 points
2) Viking 44 points
3) VL 42 points
4) Renegade 41 points
5) JMC 36 points

I don't mind that since there are quite a few ties. And that would help break ties in the end. And of course you know that VL will whine about it. But lets vote on it like he forced us to on the loss he wanted thrown off his record.

if the rules get changed one more time- I'm gone...Serious..$200 ain't worth it You guys are too ignorant to even know that a fixed line ruined the thing, now this?...I picked oakland at -7 from your line and they ended up at -9- so now all anyone has to do is let the betting public make their picks by the line moves..Get it..? i know you don't know what i'm talking about, but believe me- the fixed line took all the handicapping out of it, and thats the whole point of the contest

I try to explain this stuff to you and it's like i'm speaking chineese or something? like i said, if we are not playing for real money, i don't want to play poker with people that have never played poker before-

THE ONE WITH THE MOST WINS, WINS..PERIOD..If theres a tie we can pick another game or split the money-

20 Dec 2010 13:11 #1059 by CinnamonGirl

You know Renegade, this whole contest was created so I could showcase my talents.

:lol: :rofl

20 Dec 2010 13:19 #1060 by The Viking

Vice Lord wrote:

The Viking wrote:

JMC 2-1
Renegade 1-1-1

New standings!!!

1) CG 22-21-1
2) Viking 21-21-2
3) VL 21-23
4) Renegade 19-22-3
5) JMC 18-26

1) CG 45 points
2) Viking 44 points
3) VL 42 points
4) Renegade 41 points
5) JMC 36 points

if the rules get changed one more time- I'm gone...Serious..$200 ain't worth it You guys are too ignorant to even know that a fixed line ruined the thing, now this?...I picked oakland at -7 from your line and they ended up at -9- so now all anyone has to do is let the betting public make their picks by the line moves..Get it..? i know you don't know what i'm talking about, but believe me- the fixed line took all the handicapping out of it, and thats the whole point of the contest

I try to explain this stuff to you and it's like i'm speaking chineese or something? like i said, if we are not playing for real money, i don't want to play poker with people that have never played poker before-

THE ONE WITH THE MOST WINS, WINS..PERIOD..If theres a tie we can pick another game or split the money-

You are such an idiot!! rofllol rofllol I told you guys VL would be the big whiner again. He hasn't stopped this whole contest!! If there are two people with an equal amount of wins, and one has more losses and one has more ties, the one with the more ties wins. Like right now if the contest ended, you are not tied with me. You have 2 more loses and I have 2 ties. YOU HAVE NOT PICKED AS GOOD AS I HAVE!! So the point system works. You can't win this competition anyway, you are good enough, so quit your whining.

Time to create page: 0.288 seconds