× News, results, speculation, and bragging! Home of the popular Pick 5 Contest ! RATING: PG

My take on the Vikings the rest of the season

12 Oct 2010 12:04 - 12 Oct 2010 12:43 #1 by The Viking
I am borrowing part of this from another forum, but it is exactly how I think the season will play out.

@New Orleans L14-9
vs Miami L14-10
vs Detroit W24-10
@New York L20-29

We're currently 1-3. But we are only 1 1/2 games out of the wild card with 12 more games to go and a pretty easy second half of the season. This will be the low point of the season, but i think Farve and the offense showed signs of finally coming together last night in the second half. Moss only had a few practices and he will be a big time play maker the rest of the season which will open up the field for Harvin. And that will mean they will have have less players on the line to rush and to guard against the run so Peterson will have a 1700+ yard season. On top of that Rice, another 6-4 great hands big play maker reciever will be back by the 8th game. They will have no idea who to cover. They can't double Moss and Rice, and leave Harvin open and no one on the line to stop Peterson. SO this team will have way too many weapons to be stopped. And Farve is rusty but this was by far his best showing and he will only gain confidence from here. 11-5 is very realistic. And as long as they make the post season, then will have a great shot at the Superbowl.

vs Dallas W
@Green Bay L
@New England W
vs Arizona W
@Chicago L

(I borrowed this part of the post but totally agree with it) At this point we will be 4-5 and maybe 5-4. Not so sure we will lose to both GB and Chicago. I think we really start to see things come together for this team. I think Rice will be back and will be starting to get into the groove at this point, Moss will be integrated into the offense, and Favre will be in his groove. I don't think we lose a game from this point on (including the playoffs).

vs Green Bay W
@Washington W
vs Buffalo W
vs New York W
vs Chicago W
@Philadelphia W
@Detroit W

11-5 may be good enough to win the division, but it will definately be good enough for a Wild Card spot IMO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Oct 2010 12:33 #2 by Nmysys
I hate to burst this bubble my friend, but there has to be some effect on Favre with this sexting problem he has gotten himself into. What impact do you think this will have on his mindset and ability to perform on the field.

12 Oct 2010 14:03 #3 by EddieWess

Nmysys wrote: I hate to burst this bubble my friend, but there has to be some effect on Favre with this sexting problem he has gotten himself into. What impact do you think this will have on his mindset and ability to perform on the field.

Never mind his mindset and ability, he may be sitting back in Mississippi should the league suspend him. All bets will be off at that point.

12 Oct 2010 14:45 #4 by FredHayek
Sad to see a Hall of Fame career devolve into penis pictures sent by mobile phone. Bret's wife should go after him with a golf club.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

12 Oct 2010 15:19 #5 by Martin Ent Inc

SS109 wrote: Sad to see a Hall of Fame career devolve into penis pictures sent by mobile phone. Bret's wife should go after him with a golf club.

A take from Elin? rofllol

12 Oct 2010 17:45 #6 by Nmysys
Eddie:

It wouldn't be such a big deal if he was playing for the Cowboys. They seem to have made careers out of being the bad boys.

12 Oct 2010 20:02 #7 by ScienceChic
Well, once he officially gets busted, he can play for the Bengals - they take all the criminals and rejects!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 Oct 2010 05:56 #8 by RenegadeCJ
Can't he just claim he intended to send them to his wife, but accidentally picked the wrong address?? After all, he was texting with one hand! rofllol

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

13 Oct 2010 07:40 #9 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic My take on the Vikings the rest of the season
Poor Viking, Farvre was not going to quit until he knew he sucked. So that means he is going to have a bad year eventually. Here is the bad year. I think he might come back a little bit if he doesn't get injured.

As far as his text thing-- If you are a woman and want true love, don't get involved with a high profile guy with a lot of money. They really just have too many women throwing themselves at them. It is hard to be with a guy like that because they have so many options.

One of the most interesting books I ever read was the one by Vance Johnson. You would be amazed at what that guy did and experienced. He was very honest about the whole sports world. He said everyday after practice women would be waiting outside to meet them and any one of them would sleep with them whenever they wanted. This is why he had all those kids. Police would let him out of speeding tickets. Free dinners, movies. He just started to get an idea that he deserved whatever he wanted.

13 Oct 2010 08:34 #10 by The Viking

RenegadeCJ wrote: Can't he just claim he intended to send them to his wife, but accidentally picked the wrong address?? After all, he was texting with one hand! rofllol

rofllol rofllol

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds