Pfizer Gets Teen Vaccine Approval.

10 May 2021 22:04 #1 by FredHayek
Awesome news. The more we vaccinate the better off the world will be.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 May 2021 11:25 #2 by ramage
Fred,
Not so fast.
Vaccinating children so that the possibility of their spreading the virus to the Baby Boomer generation will be lessened neglects the fact that no studies have been done on the effect of RNA manipulation on the reproductive aspects of such manipulation have been done.
I could not recommend the introduction of the RNA manipulated materials into anyone of child bearing age.
In that the Pfizer and Moderna shots are readily available for the adult (at risk population) there is no good reason to subject our youth to an untested new therapy so as to benefit the Boomers who choose not to be innoculated.

13 May 2021 12:00 #3 by Wayne Harrison

Pfizer submitted data to the FDA in late March showing its mRNA vaccine was 100% effective at preventing COVID-19 infection in children ages 12 to 15 in clinical trials.

Though most children have milder symptoms when infected with the coronavirus, about 1.5 million cases in children 11-17 were reported to the CDC between March 1, 2020, and April 30 of this year, the FDA news release said.

www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vaccine/...ccine-for-kids-12-16

13 May 2021 15:18 - 13 May 2021 15:19 #4 by ScienceChic
"Effect of RNA manipulation on the reproductive aspects of such manipulation" and "RNA manipulated materials"? ramage, could you explain more what you mean there please?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

13 May 2021 20:04 #5 by ramage
Let's do this step by step. First read this article, and try to understand what it is telling you. Understand that this is not meant only for you SC, but those in the thread who are unaware of what RNA and DNA are, because perhaps of a non-scientific background. If further questions come from the reading this article than I will be more than gratified to continue, as to the ramifications of manipulating RNA.

www.technologynetworks.com/genomics/list...n-dna-and-rna-296719

14 May 2021 12:32 #6 by ramage
Sorry, my inability to save a draft on MMT, caused the second part of my explanation to be lost when changing URL's. I will reconstruct the posting at a later time, right now it is swimming time for my granddaughter and that takes precedence.
I should add the reason my wife and I were vaccinated was to insure that we could travel to New York to visit our grandchildren ( Think globally act locally.)

15 May 2021 08:10 #7 by ramage
What the developers of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have done is to modify mRNA and trick the immune system into causing ribosomes in the cytoplasm to produce a antigen to the protein that is part of the Covid virus. The body will then produce antibodies to the virus if it tries to infect the individual.
The CDC assures that the mRNA in this instance does not effect DNA. Other virologist argue that it can alter the DNA. In my opinion, the jury is still out on this question.
Most importantly, what is the justification for giving this type of a vaccine to an age group population that is essentially not affected by this disease. Is it to protect those in the baby boomer generation who are not vaccinated?
Let's look at an unintended consequence, in this case a medication, thalidomide. Thalidomide was sold as a sedative that ameliorated nausea and vomiting. It was given to females in the first trimester of pregnancy. Babies were subsequently born with phocomelia, a devastating birth defection, essentially grossly undeveloped arms. It was later found that Thalidomide crossed the placental barrier during the first trimester and altered the fetus.
While Thalidomide is a drug and not an altered mRNA, the example shows the need for extensive testing before being administered to young adults. especially with regard to their reproductive abilities.
I sincerely hope that there will be no unintended in anyone vaccinated but I would be remiss to administer this vaccine to the young adult population. For these individuals there is very little upside but the potential for devastating side effects.
This is my opinion.

15 May 2021 08:35 #8 by homeagain
WITHOUT being snide.....the entire population that has been vac.is an "experiment"....LONG TERM impact
applies to ALL. If J&J has blood clotting issues,altho small samplings at this point....LONG TERM is
still a question....B.C. pills AND HRT r the factors within the age group that is impacted(as I have read it).

The FDA does not have a "great" track record(JMO)...since I sub to various med.sites I KNOW what
corners they have cut....I KNOW how they approve a modified device,that is NOT safe,but because it
is a variance from an APPROVED device.they will push it thru. I know KEYLEIN (spg?) a B.C. instrument
insertion is harmful and is now being pulled. I KNOW how mesh material used for repairs has created problems. I KNOW that robotics 'IMPROVMENT' parts r approved based on previous data...NOT the modified part itself.

Back in the day....two things were the predominant mindset....THE DOCTOR is always right,and
women were not taking seriously,"give her a tranquilizer and shut her up"when she was going
thru post par tum depression or perimenopause.

15 May 2021 12:13 #9 by FredHayek
So for the vaccine skeptics out there, how long should I wait to see if this RNA modification damages me permanently? Three months and I am good? One year? The test cases were probably starting six to nine months ago. Have a bunch of problems with the test samples happened? Or could it be a lurking time bomb and kill me ten years later?

Do you also distrust GMO food?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

16 May 2021 16:58 #10 by ramage
Fred,
I did not realize that you are a female in her child-bearing years. Wait, that is how you identify yourself. Please tell me you pronouns so that I won't miscast you and run afoul of the moderators who do not recognize satire.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds