Pfizer Gets Teen Vaccine Approval.

19 May 2021 12:16 #11 by ScienceChic
I see no evidence of how mRNA causes reproductive issues, nor that it would be more dangerous for kids. mRNA is a single-stranded molecule, DNA is double-stranded. mRNA is what's made from DNA, it's exported out of the nucleus into the cytoplasm which is in turn used as the template to create whatever protein for which it codes. The mRNA COVID-19 vaccines that are administered have the mRNA taken into cells' cytoplasm, not the nucleus, where the piece of the spike protein of COVID-19 is produced and subsequently displayed on the cells' surface so as to activate an immune response. That mRNA is then degraded into its component parts and recycled by the cell.

There has been zero evidence that it is incorporated into any somatic or germ cell nuclei's DNA. As you mentioned ramage, thalidomyide is a drug and not mRNA so it is not an apples-to-apples comparison. Ironically, it was because of thalidomide that increased testing protocols were adopted by the FDA.

Understanding mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines - CDC

Facts about COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines

They do not affect or interact with our DNA in any way.

• mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA (genetic material) is kept.
  • The cell breaks down and gets rid of the mRNA soon after it is finished using the instructions.

Can COVID-19 Genes Integrate Into Human DNA?
— Debate rages over whether SARS-CoV-2 can insert bits of its RNA into the human genome
by Veronica Hackethal, MD, MSc, Enterprise & Investigative Writer, MedPage Today May 17, 2021

Respected experts in genetics have caused a stir on both social media and in scientific circles by suggesting that SARS-CoV-2 can integrate pieces of its genetic code into the human genome.

If true, the results could explain why some people test positive for SARS-CoV-2 RNA sometimes months after recovering from their initial infection, even though no infectious virus can usually be grown.

But many scientists say they aren't convinced, citing concerns that the findings could simply be artifacts of lab preparation.

Some have also raised concerns that the work could be misconstrued by the anti-vaccine community, which is reportedly stretching the results to apply to COVID-19 vaccines -- even though the authors have stressed the work has no implications for the vaccines. They also emphasized that there are no implications for human health at this time.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 May 2021 13:19 #12 by ramage
Facts about COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines

They do not affect or interact with our DNA in any way.

mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, which is where our DNA (genetic material) is kept.
The cell breaks down and gets rid of the mRNA soon after it is finished using the instructions.

Very bold statement. How can the CDC be so assured? Get back to me in 5-10 yrs when pre-pubescent girls that have been vaccinated become pregnant.

More to the point why do you want to give this novel "vaccine" to children who have very little reaction to the Covid virus? What is the risk/reward ratio for those children?

20 May 2021 11:38 #13 by ScienceChic
Where's the evidence that mRNA enters the nucleus and is incorporated into a cell's DNA? By what mechanism would it be reverse-transcribed into double-stranded DNA, and become inserted into our genomes? Evidence of this occurring with Sars-CoV-2 or with the code for tiny partial piece of one protein from the Sars-CoV-2 viral genome?

Given the fact that girls are born with every egg they will ever have in their lifetimes, which remain dormant until one (sometimes two) is activated each month in preparation for fertilization, how can an intra-muscularly administered vaccine containing a short strand of mRNA in lipids that encodes only a portion of one viral protein that is destined to be displayed on the outside of a cell membrane make it into their germ cells?

How would mRNA affect sperm cells' DNA made in the testes long-term, particularly given that mRNA degrades quickly in a cell?

How do you explain that women who have become pregnant during the pandemic and either become infected with COVID-19 or received the vaccine haven't had a higher incidence of birth defects or complications during pregnancy?

Given that children have died of this disease, suffered long-term symptoms such as multi-system inflammatory syndrome, we don't know what the chronic conditions will be in those who suffered severe effects, and been demonstrated to pass it to other more vulnerable individuals, why would any parent not want them as protected as possible from this virus if the clinical trials all indicated it was safe?

Why is COVID-19 killing so many young children in Brazil? Doctors are baffled

Next Up in Line for COVID Vaccines: Kids
— Is vaccinating children about protecting them ... or protecting you?
by Serena Marshall and Lara Salahi, MedPage Today | May 19, 2021

Adding younger teens means an additional 17-million sleeves can be rolled up to receive a shot as the U.S. pushes forward with the largest mass vaccination program in history. But, even if vaccinations mean life can go 'back to normal,' many parents are concerned over potential side effects and long-term impacts of the vaccine. Others, however, are rushing to vaccinate ahead of summer camps. Every parent wonders: when will a vaccine be available for even younger kids? Some parents have even considered enrolling their young children in clinical trials for an earlier shot at a dose.

Joining us this week is Paul A. Offit, MD, director of the Vaccine Education Center and professor of pediatrics in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. He's also a member of the FDA's Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC), the impartial group of experts that has been responsible for giving the greenlight for emergency use authorization.

The following is a transcript of his interview with "Track the Vax" host Serena Marshall

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne Harrison

28 May 2021 14:51 #14 by ramage
One reason to be skeptical:

CDC seeing cases of Myocarditis in older teens following COVID-19 vaccine
wtop.com/coronavirus/2021/05/cdc-seeing-...ng-covid-19-vaccine/

Of your many questions, many reputable virologists and geneticists have opposed the use of the vaccine in children, the internet is replete with their writings.

More importantly, why subject children to a vaccination for a disease that has a 0.04% mortality rate according to the CDC?

Given that children have died of this disease, suffered long-term symptoms such as multi-system inflammatory syndrome, we don't know what the chronic conditions will be in those who suffered severe effects, and been demonstrated to pass it to other more vulnerable individuals, why would any parent not want them as protected as possible from this virus if the clinical trials all indicated it was safe?

Sounds like the "if one child could be saved by banning guns..." argument. Except for this giveaway:

" we don't know what the chronic conditions will be in those who suffered severe effects, and been demonstrated to pass it to other more vulnerable individuals,".

Give them the "vaccine" so that the boomer generation that refuses the "vaccine" will be protected.

01 Jun 2021 08:58 #15 by FredHayek
You not only have to worry about deaths, you have to worry about those teens and children who get long term Covid-19 effects. Imagine 10% of Americans with brain fog for the rest of their lives? Or those who suffer with no taste and smell? That would be a sad life, possibly even dangerous as you couldn't smell gas leaks or that your food has gone bad.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

01 Jun 2021 09:23 #16 by ramage
What about those children that get long term side effects from the vaccine?

02 Jun 2021 11:01 #17 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: What about those children that get long term side effects from the vaccine?

Most vaccines that people get are given in their first ten years. Young bodies are more likely to recover from any possible side effects. Ask me this question again in ten years and I will be better able to tell you if mRNA vaccines are dangerous for young children. Personally I have not seen any long term effects from the Pfizer vaccine in the three months since I got the first shot.

03 Jun 2021 08:09 #18 by ramage
I agree that most people get their vaccines in the first ten years. What they get are vaccines, i.e. attenuated viruses or dead viruses. Pfizer and Moderna are not vaccines, even though the word has been captured by the pro modified RNA supporters. As Humpty Dumpty said, "When I use a word it means just what I choose it to mean". They are modified RNA preparations. I certainly hope that there will be no untoward effects further down the road. These are uncharted waters,

I am glad that you have not experienced any untoward effects from your injection.

Again, I ask the question, what is the benefit to the young adult to inject him for a disease that is very mild for his age group, has a mortality rate of 0.03%, less than the mortality rate of the Flu.

www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

03 Jun 2021 11:22 #19 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: One reason to be skeptical:

CDC seeing cases of Myocarditis in older teens following COVID-19 vaccine
wtop.com/coronavirus/2021/05/cdc-seeing-...ng-covid-19-vaccine/

Of your many questions, many reputable virologists and geneticists have opposed the use of the vaccine in children, the internet is replete with their writings.

More importantly, why subject children to a vaccination for a disease that has a 0.04% mortality rate according to the CDC?

Sounds like the "if one child could be saved by banning guns..." argument. Except for this giveaway:

" we don't know what the chronic conditions will be in those who suffered severe effects, and been demonstrated to pass it to other more vulnerable individuals,".

Give them the "vaccine" so that the boomer generation that refuses the "vaccine" will be protected.

It does look like the Myocardia mostly goes away after a few weeks. But if I was a teen, it would probably be a coin flip for me on if I would get the vaccine. If I was really worried, I would seek out the J&J version.

06 Jun 2021 12:12 #20 by ramage

Still waiting for an answer to the above question.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds