Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

17 Nov 2015 05:42 #1331 by DrMike
No Condemnation

Today’s Scripture

“There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.”(Romans 8:1, NKJV)

Jesus came to break the curse of sin, shame and condemnation in our lives. He came so that we could see things the way God sees them. Do you know how God sees you? He sees you as valuable. He sees you as strong. He sees you as capable, talented and trustworthy. The voice of condemnation says exactly the opposite.

Condemnation is a loss of value. It’s the accusing voice of the enemy that says, “You’re not good enough...you’ll never be good enough...you’re a failure.”

Condemnation is never from God. The Bible tells us there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. No matter how you may be feeling, wake up every morning and declare that the Greater One lives in you. Declare that you are strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Declare that He loves you and has called you according to His purpose. Choose to see yourself as valuable, the way God sees you. Embrace His truth so that you can overcome condemnation and live in victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for setting me free from condemnation. Thank You for believing in me and filling me with Your vision for my life. Help me to see myself and others the way You do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Nov 2015 03:50 #1332 by DrMike
Set Your Thoughts

Today’s Scripture

“Set your mind and keep focused habitually on the things above [the heavenly things], not on things that are on the earth [which have only temporal value].”(Colossians 3:2, AMP)

Faith is simply seeing what God sees. It’s choosing God’s way even when things look differently in the natural. When you set your thoughts on higher things, like today’s verse suggests, you are looking at life through your eyes of faith and seeing what God sees. For example, you may have a financial need today, but when you look higher, you see that God promises to supply all your needs according to His riches in glory. You may have sickness in your body today, but when you look higher, you see that Jesus paid for your sickness and disease. You may feel lonely today, but when you look higher, you see that God has promised to never leave you nor forsake you.

As you meditate on God’s Word, you are setting your thoughts on higher things and setting your life in the direction of the good plan He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, right now I choose to set my thoughts on higher things. I choose to focus on Your ways, knowing that You have the best plan for me. I bless Your holy name, today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

19 Nov 2015 04:12 #1333 by DrMike
Positioned for Blessing

Today’s Scripture

“How good and pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity...for there the Lord has commanded the blessing...” (Psalm 133:1–3, KJV)

God loves you so much. He longs to bless you in every area of your life. Deuteronomy says that He wants to bless you when you come in, and when you go out. He wants to bless you when you’re in the city, and bless you when you’re in the country. He wants to bless and prosper everything you set your hand to. When you are living in peace and unity with the people in your life, you are positioning yourself for God’s blessing. Living in unity doesn’t mean you always have to agree with everyone. It means that you look for common ground in Christ and refuse to allow strife to enter into your relationships.

Today, focus on the things that bring you together. Focus on your faith in God and dependence on His Word. Build one another up and watch how God will pour out His favor and blessing!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise of blessing in my life. I choose Your ways today and ask that You help me live in peace and unity with You and others. Show me Your ways so that I can walk with You always. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

20 Nov 2015 04:05 #1334 by DrMike
Living in the Rain

Today’s Scripture

“As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.” (Isaiah 55:10–11, NIV)

Rain is symbolic of God’s blessing, favor and refreshing. His Word is like rain that causes us to flourish and blossom in every area. Scripture says we should live like a well-watered garden, vibrant and growing. We should live under a cloud of God’s blessing.

How do we do that? In the natural, a cloud is formed when moisture vapors rise up from the earth into the atmosphere. Eventually, the moisture is so abundant that the rain begins to fall. In the same way, your praise is like the invisible vapors that rise up to heaven and form a cloud.

Eventually, your praise will activate an outpouring of God’s blessing, favor and provision in your life.
Do you feel like you are in a dry season? Begin to praise and thank God that He is bringing you through to a place of refreshing. Magnify and bless Him for His goodness in your life. As you turn up your praise, God will turn up the rain, and you will experience His abundant outpouring in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to bless and honor You. Thank You for this day. Thank You for giving me life. Thank You for making me new. Thank You for saving me and filling me with Your peace and joy. Rain on me today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

23 Nov 2015 04:04 #1335 by DrMike
The Place of Blessing

Today’s Scripture

“Then the word of the Lord came to Elijah: ‘Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have directed the ravens to supply you with food there.’” (1 Kings 17:2–4, NIV)

As a child of the Most High God, your steps are ordered by Him. He has a specific place of blessing prepared for you. When you live a life of obedience to the Word of God, He promises to supply every one of your needs. Just as God directed Elijah to his place of blessing, God is directing you, too. He’s aligning the right opportunities for you and causing the right people to come along your path to help you.

He’s constantly working behind the scenes. But in order to get to that place of blessing, you have to do your part to keep your heart open and stay in step with Him.

A major key to keeping your heart in the right place is choosing peace and unity in Christ. The Bible says that when we live in unity, there He has commanded the blessing. When your heart is in the place of blessing, then the rest of your life will be in the place of blessing, too!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I come to You with a grateful heart. Thank You for leading me and directing my steps. Draw me close to You so that I can live in unity with You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name, Amen.”

24 Nov 2015 03:56 #1336 by DrMike
These tips will resume on Monday November 30th..will be out of town!

Fix Your Mind

Today’s Scripture

“Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”(Philippians 4:8, NIV)

What you think about the most determines the quality and direction of your life. Naturally, people who think positive, uplifting thoughts have happier, healthier, longer lives. They are less stressed, more vibrant and enjoy better sleep. That’s why the Scripture encourages us to think on good things—things that are true, noble and lovely. Some translations say to “fix your mind” on them. When you fix your mind on noble things, you close the door to the negative voices and open your heart to allow God to work in your life.

Choose today to fix your mind on good things. Do whatever you need to in order to keep those good thoughts before you. Write them on note cards and put them in a place where you can see them.

Confess God’s promises over your life and declare His blessing on a daily basis. As you fix your mind on the goodness of God, you will be filled with His peace and victory, and see every dream and desire in your heart come to pass.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, Today I choose to fix my mind on noble things. I choose thoughts of peace and victory. Fill my heart with Your goodness that I may glorify You in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

30 Nov 2015 04:06 #1337 by DrMike
Abide in Him

Today’s Scripture

“I am the vine, you are the branches. The one who abides in me while I abide in him produces much fruit...”(John 15:5, ISV)

Did you know that God wants you to live in Him? He wants to be your source of life. He wants you to abide in Him and rely on Him for everything. He wants to be your source for strength, provision, hope and joy. Like the air you breathe, He wants you to rely on Him for your very existence.

Abiding in God begins by communing with Him and meditating on His Word all day long. When you abide in Him, you talk to Him before you go to sleep at night. You think about Him when you first wake up. You dwell on His promises all throughout the day and continually fellowship with Him in prayer. You make Him your number one priority and stay connected with other believers at church. Notice what this verse says will happen when you abide in Him—you will produce much fruit! When you are connected to God, everything you set your hand to will be fruitful and blessed. Just like a branch thrives when it is connected to the vine, you will thrive and be prosperous when you are abide in Him!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to abide in You. Like the air I breathe, I know I am totally dependent on You. Thank You for Your promise of blessing on me and help me to always be a blessing to others in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

01 Dec 2015 03:57 #1338 by DrMike
Cast Your Cares

Today’s Scripture

“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”(1 Peter 5:7, NIV)

God cares so much about you today. Not only does He love and care about you, He cares about the things that concern you as well. If you have concerns, worry or anxiety about something in your life today—finances, relationships, your job or anything else—know that your heavenly Father already has a plan to take care of those things for you. It’s a good plan, and He wants to show Himself strong on your behalf.

Scripture reminds us that the lilies of the field and the birds of the air are cared for, how much more will your heavenly Father take care of you? Today, cast your anxiety on Him and trust that He is going to take care of you. Refuse to dwell on your problems and don’t allow them to steal your peace and joy any longer. Instead, meditate on His Word and confess His promises over your life. Cast your cares on Him and experience His peace, joy and blessing all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me and caring for me. I cast my cares on You and trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I set my mind on You and look for Your goodness in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

02 Dec 2015 04:04 #1339 by DrMike
At Just the Right Time

Today’s Scripture

“So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.”(Galatians 6:9, NLT)

Are you praying for something that’s taking longer than you thought or expected? No matter how long you may have been standing on God’s promises, don’t give up! Your season is coming. Your harvest of blessing is on its way. It might be today, it might be tomorrow, it might be next week, next month or next year; but remember, at just the right time, you will experience your breakthrough.

Be encouraged because God is faithful, and His promises are true. Keep standing, keep hoping, keep believing. Keep doing good. Keep declaring the promises of God over your life. Choose to be around people who are going to encourage you. Make sure you fill your heart and mind with God’s Word. Let a song of praise come out of your mouth. Press on in faith because at just the right time, your harvest of blessing will come!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Thank You for refreshing and renewing my heart. Fill me with Your peace; fill me with Your strength. Help me to do good and stand firm until I see my harvest of blessing in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

03 Dec 2015 03:59 #1340 by DrMike
Avoid Strife

Today’s Scripture

“It is an honor for a man to cease from strife...(Proverbs 20:3, KJV)

Strife is a very destructive force. It can creep into relationships by starting small, maybe through a comment or a wrong look from someone, and can then escalate into something much bigger. But when you choose to cease from strife and overlook an offense, you are acting honorably and honoring God.

How do you avoid strife? The Bible tells us that love covers over many offenses. Love stops strife. It means that you give people the benefit of the doubt. You consider what they may be going through instead of focusing on how they reacted to you. Maybe someone was short with you at the office, but they may have a loved one in the hospital. Instead of getting upset, walk in love—be patient and kind to them. Look for ways to walk in peace with the people in your life and put an end to strife!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose Your ways. I choose peace and love, and I choose to avoid strife. Let everything I say and do bring honor to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.684 seconds