Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

18 Dec 2015 04:08 #1351 by DrMike
Draw Closer to Your God

Today’s Scripture

“When you draw close to God, God will draw close to you...”(James 4:8, TLB)

There’s a story in the Bible about a prodigal son who returned home to his father. When the father saw him a long way off, he began running toward his son with his arms outstretched. This story gives us an example of how God is always ready to receive us with outstretched arms.

God promises that He will draw close to you when you draw closer to Him. How do we draw close to Him? By making time to pray, reading the Bible, and worshiping every day. By meditating on His promises. By attending a good, Bible-based church. By putting Him first place in everything that you do. The easiest way is to simply call on His name. The good news is that when you take that first step toward Him, He will come running toward you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for drawing close to me as I take a step toward You. Give me the strength to serve You and always put You first in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Dec 2015 04:07 #1352 by DrMike
Delight in One Another

Today’s Scripture

“And walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us...” (Ephesians 5:2, AMP)

Do you esteem and honor the people God has placed in your life? Sometimes it’s easy to take for granted your family and close friends, but it’s important to honor and value those around us. You are God’s representative in the earth, and when you proactively bless and encourage the people in your life, you are displaying God’s love for them. Not only are you showing God’s love to others, the Bible says that when you reach out to others, you are showing love for God.

Notice this verse doesn’t say, “Walk in love as long as everyone acts the way you want them to.” It doesn’t say, “Esteem others as long as they treat you right.” No, it simply says to “walk in love as Christ loved.”

There are no conditions to God’s love, and there should be no conditions to our love for others. Choose love today and watch God pour out His love and blessing on you in return!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, help me to love others today the way You love me. Show me how to be a blessing to the people You have placed in my life. I choose to honor You by honoring others today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

22 Dec 2015 03:59 #1353 by DrMike
Learning to Soar

Today’s Scripture

“He changes times and seasons...”(Daniel 2:21, NIV)

God is always looking to take us to higher levels in Him. He wants us to grow and increase in every area of life. Change is often the catalyst for growth in our lives. It keeps us from getting stuck in a rut. God will supernaturally open and close doors to keep us on the path toward our destiny. He will “stir us” out of comfortable situations and stretch us because He loves us too much to allow us to live in mediocrity. Just like a mother eagle will stir her young, God will stir His children.

Do you know how an eaglet learns to fly? The mother eagle will take her eaglet to the very highest point—way out of its comfort zone—and then she releases it. As the eaglet falls, the mother swoops down and picks it up again. She does this over and over until the eaglet spreads its wings and soars through the air. That’s what God wants for you today. He wants you to soar in life! You might feel like that eaglet learning to fly, but know that God is right there with you! He’ll never leave you. Embrace God’s change today, knowing that He is using it to take you up higher so that you can live in victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Dear God, today I open my heart and mind to receive all that You have for me. I trust that You are with me, directing my every step. I embrace Your seasons of change and thank You for helping me grow and increase in every area in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

23 Dec 2015 04:11 #1354 by DrMike
Whoever

Today’s Scripture

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”(John 3:16, NKJV)

When God sent His Son to earth, He opened the door of salvation to whoever would believe. That means anyone can become a child of His and have everlasting life! Isn’t it good that He didn’t just come to save certain kinds of people? Aren’t you glad He doesn’t have a list of rules and conditions for salvation?

Before Jesus came, people had to observe many laws in order to be considered holy enough to go into God’s temple. They were constantly performing sacrifices to pay for their sins just so they could be around the presence of God. Even then, their sins were only covered up. They were still there. But when Jesus came, He was the final sacrifice. His blood doesn’t just cover our sins; it washes them away! Now, instead of going to the temple to be near God, the Bible says we are the temple, and He chooses to live inside of us.

Today, thank God for the free gift of salvation to whoever believes in Him. If you’ve never asked Jesus to be the Lord of your life, there’s no better way to start the New Year. Choose Him and choose life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, so that I can be free. Thank You for opening the door to eternal life to me. I receive the sacrifice Jesus paid so that I can be free. Come into my heart. I confess that You are my Lord and Savior in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

24 Dec 2015 04:11 #1355 by DrMike
Wise Men Rejoice

Today’s Scripture

“...the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came and stood over where the young Child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy. And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him...”(Matthew 2:9–11, NKJV)

The wise men traveled a considerable distance to see the great King whose arrival the Bible foretold. They followed the bright star, and when they found Him, it says they rejoiced exceedingly. Those men were so happy that they couldn’t hide it. Notice what they did next; they fell down and worshiped Him.

When a wise person seeks Jesus, they are filled with indescribable joy. They are compelled to worship Him! Let that be you and me today. Let’s let the joy of the Lord fill our hearts and be reflected on our faces during the holiday season and every day of the year. Don’t allow the pressures and busyness of life steal your joy. Let those around you see that you’ve been with Jesus. Rejoice in Him, worship Him, and walk with Him in victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I choose to be wise and seek You first. Fill me with Your joy which is strength. I set my heart and mind on You and worship You. You are the King of kings and Lord of lords in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

25 Dec 2015 07:06 #1356 by DrMike
Choose the Right Gifts

Today’s Scripture

“On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him gifts...”(Matthew 2:11, NIV)

Can you image how the wise men felt as they first looked upon our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! As part of their worship, they wanted to give Him gifts. They gave valuable presents to symbolize the love, honor and appreciation in their hearts. In the same way, you show your love and appreciation to God with gifts of worship, and you can show your love and appreciate to others by the gifts you bring.

As you celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ during this holiday season, don’t just focus on the gifts you bring in the natural; focus on gifts of love, kindness and encouragement. Go out of your way to show honor to others just like the wise men went out of their way to show honor to Jesus. When you walk in love and peace, that is the place of blessing.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I set my mind and heart on You. Help me to choose the right gifts this holiday season—gifts of love, kindness and peace. Have Your way in my heart and let Your goodness shine through me in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

28 Dec 2015 04:11 #1357 by DrMike
His Grace is Enough

Today’s Scripture

“My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”(2 Corinthians 12:9, NKJV)

Grace is God’s unmerited favor. It’s kindness from Him that we don’t deserve. Grace empowers and strengthens us. No matter what has happened in your past, you can receive God’s grace and forgiveness and start fresh today. You can hold your head up high because His grace is enough. You may not be perfect, but you are forgiven.
When you go around holding on to your past mistakes or think you have to try to make things up to God, it’s like saying that His grace isn’t enough. Hold on to the truth that Jesus has already paid for your mistakes. All you have to do is receive His grace and thank Him for His favor and empowerment in your life.

In the same way, extend that grace to others. Don’t try to punish people for their past mistakes; instead, give them favor to start over. Let God’s grace flow through you so we can all rise higher together into the life of victory He has promised.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your goodness and grace today. I receive Your strength and favor in my life. Help me to extend that grace to others and always show Your love in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

29 Dec 2015 04:16 #1358 by DrMike
Nothing Can Separate Us

Today’s Scripture

“For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38–39, KJV)

People may come and go from your life, but God is always with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. His love goes way beyond any human love you have ever experienced. Human love may be conditional, but God’s love is supernatural; it’s unconditional and knows no limits. There’s nothing you can do to earn His love and nothing you can do to stop His love.

The scripture tells us that His love is patient and kind; His love believes the best. His love redeems and restores you. No matter what you’ve been told or what you may think about yourself today, you are His most prized possession. There’s nothing that can separate you from His love! Remember, faith is activated by love. As you allow Him to flood you with His love, your faith will be ignited, and you’ll be empowered to live the abundant life He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me and setting me free. Thank You for working in my life and restoring the broken places. Everything I have I surrender to You. Fill me with Your perfect love in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

30 Dec 2015 04:10 #1359 by DrMike
The Ultimate Gift

Today’s Scripture

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” (Isaiah 9:6, KJV)

What a wonderful gift the Father has given us by sending His Son, Jesus, the Prince of Peace, into the earth! Because of Him, all those who believe can have peace with God and make heaven their home. But not only did the Prince of Peace open the way to go to heaven, He made it possible to have peace on earth—every day in every circumstance.

Today, we declare peace over you and your home. We celebrate with you the greatest gift of all—Jesus Christ! If you don’t know this peace that the Father so freely gives, open your heart and invite Jesus to make your heart His home. He is the ultimate gift!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the gift of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Today I open my heart and mind to You and declare that Jesus is Lord over me. Fill me with Your peace and joy as I keep my mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

31 Dec 2015 04:11 #1360 by DrMike
Whoever

Today’s Scripture

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”(John 3:16, NKJV)

When God sent His Son to earth, He opened the door of salvation to whoever would believe. That means anyone can become a child of His and have everlasting life! Isn’t it good that He didn’t just come to save certain kinds of people? Aren’t you glad He doesn’t have a list of rules and conditions for salvation?

Before Jesus came, people had to observe many laws in order to be considered holy enough to go into God’s temple. They were constantly performing sacrifices to pay for their sins just so they could be around the presence of God. Even then, their sins were only covered up. They were still there. But when Jesus came, He was the final sacrifice. His blood doesn’t just cover our sins; it washes them away! Now, instead of going to the temple to be near God, the Bible says we are the temple, and He chooses to live inside of us.

Today, thank God for the free gift of salvation to whoever believes in Him. If you’ve never asked Jesus to be the Lord of your life, there’s no better way to start the New Year. Choose Him and choose life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, so that I can be free. Thank You for opening the door to eternal life to me. I receive the sacrifice Jesus paid so that I can be free. Come into my heart. I confess that You are my Lord and Savior in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds