Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

12 Feb 2016 03:54 #1391 by DrMike
Remind Yourself of His Promises

Today’s Scripture

“Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.” (Joshua 1:8, NIV)

When things don’t go the way you planned or something unexpected happens, how do you respond? Do you start expecting the worst, or do you go to God’s Word and remind yourself of His promises?

Faith comes by hearing the Word of God. Faith activates God’s promises. When difficulties come and you’re tempted to get upset, remind yourself of His Word and declare, “This is not going to prosper against me. They may be talking about me. It may look bad, but I know God is my Vindicator. He’ll take care of me. I know God has me in the palm of His hand.”

When you remind yourself of His promises, you don’t have to get worried. You know God is still on the throne. You know that problem didn’t come to stay; it came to pass. So today, remind yourself of His promises and feed your faith so that you can move forward in the life of blessing He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for every one of Your amazing promises. I choose to meditate on Your Word today which brings life to my soul. Fill me with Your peace as I stand in faith until I see the victory You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Feb 2016 08:15 #1392 by DrMike
Finished with Fear

Today’s Scripture

“For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7, NLT)

So many people today are missing out on God’s abundant life of joy, peace and victory because they are living in a spirit of fear. They are afraid to make a decision, afraid to confront issues, afraid to step out, afraid of the past, and afraid of the future. But as believers, we don’t have to live that way. Fear is not from God. God has given you power, love and a sound mind!

Today, make the decision that you are no longer going to walk in fear. Scripture says that perfect love casts out all fear. Ask God for a deep revelation of His love. Meditate on His Word and let it fill you with faith. Equip yourself spiritually to stand strong in the face of fear knowing that God has good things in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me power to overcome fear. I receive Your love and choose to stand strong in faith. Fill me with peace and joy as I keep my mind stayed on you in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

16 Feb 2016 04:26 #1393 by DrMike
He is Strong in You

Today’s Scripture

“And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness...”(Romans 8:26, NLT)

Sometimes, people get distracted by what they consider to be a disadvantage or weakness in their lives. It may be something about their personality or looks that they don’t like. Or, maybe they’ve been through an unfair situation: a divorce, a bad business deal or a bad break. We all have things that can feel like disadvantages, things that make it harder on us. It may even be a physical handicap.

But just because you have a “disadvantage,” just because you’ve been through a tough time doesn’t mean you’re supposed to sit back and settle where you are. God still has something great for you to do! He wants to show Himself strong in and through you. The Holy Spirit wants to help you when you feel weak. Stay in faith and let God take what you see as a disadvantage and turn it around to an advantage so you can move forward into the abundant life He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I give You all that I am. I invite You into the weak places in my life so that You can make me strong. Thank You for working in my life and using me for Your glory in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

17 Feb 2016 04:03 #1394 by DrMike
Do Not Be Afraid

Today’s Scripture

“...an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. ‘Joseph, son of David,’ the angel said, ‘do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit.’” (Matthew 1:20, NLT)

Have you ever felt overwhelmed or even afraid of what God has called you to do? Maybe you were pursuing a dream or goal, and things didn’t turn out the way you planned. Joseph had planned to take Mary as his wife, but when he found out she was pregnant, he didn’t know what to think. He was afraid that he might be making a mistake because things didn’t turn out the way he planned, but God sent an angel in a dream to reassure Joseph that he was on the right path.

Today let me reassure you that God knows right where you are, and He knows how to get you where you need to be. Even when things don’t go the way you planned, His hand is on you. Do not be afraid. Trust that God is working behind the scenes on your behalf, and He will lead you into the life of blessing that He has prepared for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I choose to trust in You. Even when things don’t go the way I’ve planned, I know that You are at work in my life. Thank You for leading me forward in Your plan for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

18 Feb 2016 04:08 #1395 by DrMike
Make the Right Plans

Today’s Scripture

“May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.” (Psalm 20:4, NIV)

The Bible tells us that faith has action with it. A lot of times people say they believe something, but with their actions, they’re doing just the opposite. For example, some people make plans to get the flu. They believe it and speak it. They say, “Every year I get the flu.” Or, “It’s going to be bad this year.” They expect it, and a few months later, they’ve got it. Their faith worked!

Instead of making plans for the worst, why don’t you make plans for the best? Why don’t you make plans for the Word of God to come to pass in your life? The scripture says, “No weapon formed against me is going to prosper...a thousand may fall at my side, ten thousand at my right hand; but it will not come near my dwelling!”

Today, make plans according to the Word of God. As you make right plans, you’ll see right things come to pass in your life. You’ll rise up in victory and enjoy the blessings God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, search my heart. Help me see any area where my faith is working in the wrong direction. Let my plans be Your plans so I can walk and live in the abundant life You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

19 Feb 2016 03:55 #1396 by DrMike
Make Preparations

Today’s Scripture

“...Prepare the way of the Lord...”(Isaiah 40:3, NKJV)

Everyone goes through seasons of waiting. A lot of times, people just sit back and wait for God to do everything. But you have to remember to do your part and make preparations. You have to talk like it’s going to happen and act like it’s going to happen. Some people might say, “Well, what if I do and it doesn’t happen?” Really, we should think, “What if I do and it does happen?” Even if things don’t turn out the way you had hoped, you are better off living your life feeling positive and hopeful than going around down and discouraged.

I love what David said in the Bible, “God, my times are in Your hands.” He was saying, “God, I don’t know when it’s going to happen, but I know You know what’s best for me.” So I’m going to go out today expecting good things. Even if it doesn’t happen, I’m not going to go to bed disappointed. I’m going to go to bed knowing that I’m one day closer to seeing my dreams and desires come to pass!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I dedicate this day to You. Show me how to prepare for the blessings that are coming in my future. Help me guard my words and thoughts as I put my trust in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

22 Feb 2016 04:02 #1397 by DrMike
Run and Not Grow Weary

Today’s Scripture

“But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount to up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.” (Isaiah 40:31, AMP)

Do you sometimes feel like there is so much on your plate that you are constantly running to get it all done? There are seasons when we need to go the extra mile and give it our all, and there are seasons to rest and rejuvenate. Today’s scripture tells us that during those times when it’s necessary, we can run and not grow weary!

Are you facing something that seems to be taking all of your energy? Wait on the Lord! Expect, look for and hope in Him. The Bible promises that when you live with expectancy, when you stay hopeful, when you make preparations for the goodness of God, you’ll rise up higher. Your strength will be renewed, and you’ll be empowered to overcome life’s obstacles!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me Your strength and power. I receive it right now by putting my trust and hope in You. I know that with You, all things are possible in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

23 Feb 2016 04:03 #1398 by DrMike
Protect Your Seed

Today’s Scripture

“While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.” (Genesis 8:22, AMP)

Did you know that when we say prayers, when we are believing God for something, it’s like planting spiritual seeds? It’s a principle that God established at the beginning of time. We determine the harvest we have in our lives by the seeds we sow.
In the natural, think about how the farmer waits for his harvest. He knows that if he protects his seed, he will get an abundant harvest. He waters it, pulls the weeds, and keeps the soil soft.

In the same way, we have to protect our spiritual seed. We can’t allow the “weeds” of negative thinking to come in. We have to pull them out by simply saying, “God, I know You’re faithful. My trust and confidence are in You.” We have to water our seed by staying full of praise. We have to keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. That’s how we protect our seed. And when you protect your seed, when you stay in faith and keep the right attitude, it won’t be long before you will see that harvest of blessing in every area of your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I declare that my trust and confidence are in You. Thank You for hearing my prayers. I know that the seed of Your Word will produce an abundant harvest in my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

24 Feb 2016 04:10 #1399 by DrMike
As You Wait

Today’s Scripture

“Dear brothers and sisters, be patient as you wait for the Lord’s return. Consider the farmers who patiently wait for the rains in the fall and in the spring. They eagerly look for the valuable harvest to ripen.” (James 5:7, NLT)

God has put dreams and desires in every person’s heart. But most of the time, there’s a season of waiting involved. Maybe you’re waiting for a relationship to improve; waiting to get married; waiting for a promotion, or waiting to overcome an illness. Much of life is spent waiting. But there’s a right way to wait and a wrong way to wait. Too often, when things don’t happen on our timetable, we get down and discouraged or anxious and fretful. That’s because we’re not waiting the right way.

Notice that today’s verse doesn’t say if you wait, it says as you wait. The fact is that we’re all going to wait. It goes on to say that we should consider how the farmer waits—patiently and eagerly. We’re not supposed to sit around discouraged; we’re supposed to be hopeful, positive and full of expectancy!

No matter what you are believing for, expect things to change in your favor. Today could be the day that God turns it all around. As you wait with patience and expectancy, you’ll open the door for God to move. He’ll fight your battles, and you’ll see that abundant harvest He’s promised in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to wait expectantly for You. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I put my trust and hope in You knowing that You have good things in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

25 Feb 2016 04:12 #1400 by DrMike
Exceedingly Abundantly

Today’s Scripture

“Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.”(Ephesians 3:20–21, NKJV)

God wants to do exceedingly abundantly above all you can ever ask, think or imagine. In another place in scripture, it says that no person has ever seen, heard or even imagined the wonderful things that God has in store for those who love the Lord. But notice that it’s “according to the power working in us.” God’s power works in us by our faith, how we believe. Do you believe that God wants to work in your life exceedingly abundantly above all you could ask or think? Do you believe He wants to overwhelm you with His goodness and blessing?

The Bible says that if we have faith the size of a tiny mustard seed, we can move mountains. And no matter how much faith we have, faith can grow in us as we hear, study and receive the Word of God.

Today, make God’s Word a priority. Believe that He will do exceedingly abundantly above all you can ask or think. He is faithful to His Word, and He will be faithful to fulfill every promise He’s made to you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your goodness in my life. Thank You for blessing me and doing exceedingly abundantly above all I can ask or think. Thank You for increasing my faith as I focus on Your Word in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.716 seconds