Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

29 Mar 2016 03:46 #1421 by DrMike
What Defines Your Future?

Today’s Scripture

“You will also declare a thing, and it will be established...” (Job 22:28, NKJV)

In the Old Testament, there was an Israelite woman who was about to give birth. She had just heard that the Ark of the Covenant which housed God’s presence had been stolen. She was so upset about it that she named her baby boy Ichabod, which means “the glory has departed.” Notice what she did; she named her future by what was happening in her present. She could have just as easily named him “the glory will return,” but she was so focused on the negative, so caught up in where she was at that moment, that she defined her future by it.

Friend, don’t ever name your future by your present-day circumstances. You may have had some hard times in the past, but get that “Ichabod” spirit off of you. It may look like you’re stuck in a rut and you don’t really see how you could ever rise any higher, but don’t speak defeat over your life. Instead, name your future: blessed, prosperous, successful, victorious, healthy, whole, strong, talented, creative, wise. Declare what God’s Word says so that you can move forward in the destiny He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the good future that You have prepared for me. Today I choose to come into agreement with Your Word and speak Your blessing over my life. Keep me close to You and show me Your ways in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Mar 2016 02:50 #1422 by DrMike
The daily devotionals will resume on Friday April 8th...Mike will be out of town until then..

07 Apr 2016 04:08 #1423 by DrMike
Set the Tone

Today’s Scripture

“I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises.”(Psalm 34:1, NLT)

When you wake up in the morning, what’s the first thing you do? Do you look for God’s goodness? Do you set the tone for success, favor and blessing? We’re in the second month of the new year. Last year may have had some hardships and difficulties, but it’s time to set the tone for a new season.

The scripture tells us that the darker it gets in the world, the brighter it’s going to be for God’s people. Things may be bad all around you. People may be negative, complaining and discouraged, but don’t let that spirit rub off on you. The worse it gets, the brighter you’re going to shine. Be determined to set the tone for the new year by praising God and speaking words of faith over your future!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I will bless You at all times. I set the tone to receive Your favor, grace and mercy. Thank You for Your faithfulness to me at all times in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

08 Apr 2016 04:08 #1424 by DrMike
The Heritage of the Believer

Today’s Scripture

“No weapon formed against you shall prosper...” (Isaiah 54:17, NKJV)

As a believer in Jesus, you have certain privileges because you belong to Christ. When you chose Him, God put a blood line around you that the enemy cannot cross. As long as you’re keeping Him first place, you have a hedge of protection, a hedge of favor, a hedge of mercy surrounding you like a shield. When difficulties come, God says that because you’re His child, because you honor Him, even though that problem has formed, in the end it is not going to prosper. When it’s all said and done, it’s not going to harm you. God is going to turn it around and use it to your advantage. That’s your heritage as a believer!

Notice it doesn’t say that we’ll never have problems. No, life is full of difficulties. The promise God is making to us is that when things do come against us, because you’re in covenant relationship with Him, you can stay in peace knowing that it is not going to prosper. God has already paved the way for you to live in victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your many promises. I choose today to accept Your truth which sets me free. I declare by faith that no weapon formed against me shall ever prosper in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

11 Apr 2016 03:57 #1425 by DrMike
Christ Makes Everything New

Today’s Scripture

“Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.” (Psalms 51:10, ESV)

With the new year comes fresh starts, resolutions and new beginnings. It is a time for making plans, setting goals and writing visions. But, the greatest “new start” of all comes through Jesus Christ. Second Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a NEW creation; the old has passed away, behold the new has come.”

If you need a new beginning this year in any area of your life, allow Christ to make you a new creation, and the old will pass away! He will put a new and right spirit within you when you call on His name! This year, make your relationship with Him your number one priority. As you develop an intimacy with Him through daily prayer and the study of His Word, you will experience the joy of newness of life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, as we enter into a new year, I choose to put You first. Wipe the slate clean as I develop a deeper personal relationship with You. Thank You for new beginnings as I walk every day with You in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

12 Apr 2016 04:01 #1426 by DrMike
Avoid Strife

Today’s Scripture

“It is an honor for a man to cease from strife...” (Proverbs 20:3, KJV)

Strife is a very destructive force. It can creep into relationships by starting small, maybe through a comment or a wrong look from someone, and it can then escalate into something much bigger. But when you choose to cease from strife and overlook an offense, you are acting honorably, and you are honoring God.

How do you avoid strife? Scripture tells us that love covers over many offenses. Love gives people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe someone was short with you at the office, but they may also have a loved one in the hospital. Instead of getting upset, walk in love—be patient, be kind to them. Extend grace.

Today, look for ways to walk in unity with the people in your life. When we walk in unity, there is a commanded blessing. Always avoid strife and choose peace and watch the hand of God move mightily in your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose Your ways. I invite Your plan to unfold in my life. Help me to avoid strife so I can walk in peace and unity and honor You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

13 Apr 2016 04:14 #1427 by DrMike
Release Your Cares and Rest

Today’s Scripture

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28, NIV)

God wants to give you rest. He wants to refresh and restore your soul—your mind, will and emotions. It’s so easy to get caught up in the “busyness” of life, and before long, your mind, will and emotions are so “spun up” that you can barely think straight! But even in the hustle of life, you can find rest, ease and relaxation. God wants to take care of everything that concerns you so that you can find rest in your innermost being when you come to Him.

Imagine how you would feel if someone came up to you today and said, “Give me all of your monthly bills; I’m going to pay them.” You’d get pretty excited, wouldn’t you? But it wouldn’t happen until you did your part to actually hand that person your bills. They can’t pay them for you if you never release them. In the same way, when we release our cares and concerns to God, He promises to take care of them.
Today, release your cares to the Lord. Let Him fill you with His peace and joy. Receive the rest that He promises and enjoy the fulfillment and blessing He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I humbly come to You. I choose to cast my cares on You so that I can live in Your rest. Thank You for Your goodness to me. Help me find ways to share Your goodness with those around me today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

14 Apr 2016 03:53 #1428 by DrMike
Nothing Wasted

Today’s Scripture

“After everyone was full, Jesus told his disciples, ‘Now gather the leftovers, so that nothing is wasted.’”(John 6:12, NLT)

The Bible tells of a time when Jesus fed a crowd of five thousand families with only five loaves of bread and two fish. That day, everyone had more than enough to eat, and there were still twelve baskets full of bread leftover. That’s because we serve a God of abundance! When Jesus told the disciples to collect all of the leftovers, He said to do it “so that nothing is wasted.” With God, nothing is ever wasted. He’ll never waste an experience; He’ll never waste a hurt; He’ll never waste a dream; He’ll never waste even a single piece of bread.

If you’ve felt like you’ve wasted years of your life in the wrong job, hanging around the wrong people, doing the wrong things, God will gather those years and restore them back to you. He’ll take those experiences that the enemy meant for your harm and turn them around for your good. He’ll make you stronger, wiser and better off than you were before. He can launch you further into your destiny than before. Be encouraged today because with God, all things are possible and nothing is ever wasted!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I give You every bit of my life, my past, my present and my future. Thank You for taking every experience in my life and turning it around for my good. I know that with You, nothing is ever wasted in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

15 Apr 2016 04:09 #1429 by DrMike
One Another

Today’s Scripture

“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”(Ephesians 4:32, NIV)

In this day and age, it’s easy to become distracted, almost consumed with all the obligations we have on a daily basis. Cell phones, computers, the internet have all made it so much easier to pack more into our days. And while technology is a great blessing to us, we have to remember that how much we get done isn’t as important as how we treat others. We should never be so focused on plowing through our “to do” list that we mistakenly plow past the people in our lives.

This verse in Ephesians simply reminds us to be kind, compassionate and forgiving. If people had to be reminded back in those times, how much more do we need to be reminded today! We should always be on the lookout for ways we can be kind to one another. Can you share a smile with someone or an encouraging word? Can you help meet a need?

Remember, as a believer, you are the hands and feet of Jesus. Look for ways to serve one another. Sow a seed of kindness and watch the harvest of blessing in your own life in return!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for another day to live for You. Help me find creative ways to show kindness to the people You’ve put in my life. Show me ways I can sow seeds and be a blessing to others. Thank You for equipping me to be Your representative and live in victory in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

18 Apr 2016 06:01 #1430 by DrMike
What Pleases God

Today’s Scripture

“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.”(Hebrews 11:6, NIV)

Do you know what pleases God? He’s not impressed by how much knowledge we have. He isn’t influenced by how many possessions we own. He’s not moved by our accomplishments; He is moved simply by our faith in Him.

Faith is a gift. It’s not something that has to be contrived or worked up. The scripture tells us that everyone has been given a measure of faith. It also says that faith grows as we hear the Word of God. That’s why it’s so important to stay connected to a Bible-based church where the Word of God is being taught. It’s why we need to make time every day to read and study His Word because that’s how you feed your faith. The more you know His Word, the more you understand that God is good, and He rewards the people who seek after Him.

Today, take time to feed your faith. Meditate on His Word and ask Him to illuminate your heart with His truth. Trust that He is good and has good things in store for your future because faith is what pleases God!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me the gift of faith so that I can be pleasing to You. As I seek You and study Your Word, illuminate my heart with Your truth. Transform me into Your image and let everything I do bring glory to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds