Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

19 Apr 2016 04:04 #1431 by DrMike
Before Creation

Today’s Scripture

“For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight.”(Ephesians 1:4, NIV)

Did you know that God had a plan for you before the foundations of the earth? He created you to be holy and blameless in His sight. Why? He chose you to be His ambassador, His representative in the earth. He created you to reflect His glory, character, righteousness, and holiness. Think about that for a moment. Part of your purpose on this earth is to be a representative for the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords! That should make you walk a little differently. It should make you talk a little differently. It should make you think a little more carefully about the places you go and the things you do.

Remember, God will equip you to do whatever He’s called you to do. If there are things in your life that you need to change in order to represent Him well, God wants to empower you to overcome. Receive His strength and might today so that you can walk in holiness and be His ambassador everywhere you go!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank you for choosing me to be your representative in the earth. Search my heart and remove anything that is displeasing to you. I receive your holiness and will walk according to Your ways. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Apr 2016 04:05 #1432 by DrMike
Be Generous

Today’s Scripture

“A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.”(Proverbs 11:25, NIV)

Do you need refreshing today? So many people go around overwhelmed, tired, worn down, barely getting by. But that’s not God’s best. He wants us to prosper. He wants us to be refreshed. Here’s the key: be generous and refresh others. Is there someone at the office you can be a blessing to? Can you lighten someone’s load? Maybe a family member is going through a hard time. Can you help them out? Can you cook them a meal? Refreshing someone can be as simple as a smile or an encouraging word. Don’t wait until you feel like doing it, that day may never come! Do it because the Scripture tells us to. Do it because it blesses the Lord.

Today, look for someone to be a blessing to. Step out and refresh others; live a life of generosity. As you do, you will be refreshed in return, and experience His blessing in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your grace and mercy in my life. Thank You for blessing me so that I can be a blessing to others. Teach me to be generous. Show me how I can refresh others and bring glory to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

21 Apr 2016 04:10 #1433 by DrMike
Sow Righteousness

Today’s Scripture

“...he who sows righteousness reaps a sure reward.”(Proverbs 11:18, NIV)

God’s kingdom operates on a system of sowing and reaping. Have you heard the saying, “What goes around, comes around?” That’s really a spiritual principle. What you sow, you will reap. Today’s verse tells us that when we sow righteousness, we’ll reap a sure reward.

What does that mean? Sowing righteousness simply means doing the right thing in the sight of God. It’s obeying the Word no matter what the circumstances may look like. It means showing kindness even when it’s undeserved. It’s walking in love and keeping the peace when you really want to say something different. When you sow righteousness, you’ll reap a sure reward. That’s because God Himself is going to pay you back. He is the One who will multiply you when you honor Him.

Today, keep doing the right thing even if the wrong thing is happening. Sow righteousness. Stay in faith. Keep believing because He who promised is faithful, and there’s a sure reward in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for setting up a system that blesses me as I bless others. Show me how to sow righteousness today so I can honor You in all I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

22 Apr 2016 04:13 #1434 by DrMike
Whatever He Says

Today’s Scripture

“...Whatever He says to you, do it.”(John 2:5, NKJV)

When Jesus performed His first miracle, He was at a wedding celebration. His mother knew that in order to see His power at work, there was one key: “Whatever He says, do it.” It’s the same way with us today. Our obedience opens the door to see His power manifest in our lives. Scripture says, “If we are willing and obedient, we will eat the good of the land.” In other words, we’ll experience God’s abundant blessing when we follow His commands.

Sometimes, we can be so focused on one thing we are believing for that we overlook simple obedience in other areas. For example, you may need a financial miracle. Maybe you’re tithing and sowing like you should, but are you holding unforgiveness toward someone? That can block the blessing. Is there anything else you know in your heart you need to do?

Today, ask the Lord to search your mind and heart. Don’t let anything block His power. Whatever He says, do it and watch that obedience open the door to His blessing in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I humbly come to You submitting every area of my life to You. I want to be obedient to You. I choose to honor You. Show me any areas of my life where I need to make changes. I bless You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

25 Apr 2016 04:30 #1435 by DrMike
Take Your Life Back

Today’s Scripture

“...take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” (2 Corinthians 10:5, NIV)

Do you ever feel like things in your life are out of control? Usually that happens when we allow our circumstances to dictate our thoughts and attitudes. You might say, “Well, the economy is wreaking havoc on my business.” Or, “This relationship is just too far gone.” Today is the day to take your life back! We live in this natural realm, but as believers, we are not limited by this natural realm. We can tap into God’s supernatural power, but it starts by making every thought line up with the Word of God.

Today, take your life back by taking your thoughts back. Don’t allow the enemy to have access any longer. Instead, meditate on the Word of God daily and allow His truth to sink down deep into your spirit. Let His truth set you free!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for empowering me to live in victory. I choose to take my life back by taking captive every thought and submitting it to You. Help me to live a life that is pleasing to You today and every day in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

26 Apr 2016 06:24 #1436 by DrMike
Open Your Heart

Today’s Scripture

“...whoever has been forgiven little loves little.” (Luke 7:47, NIV)

Forgiveness is such a powerful gift from heaven above. It’s like a door on our heart. When we choose to forgive, it opens our heart so that we can receive everything God has in store for us. But when we hold onto unforgiveness, bitterness and resentment, it closes up our heart and keeps us from moving forward.

The scripture tells us that if we don’t forgive others, God cannot forgive us. That’s because the door on our heart is closed. If forgiveness doesn’t go out, forgiveness can’t come in. But when we choose to forgive, we open our heart so we can receive His forgiveness and allow His love to flow freely through us. Forgiveness increases our capacity to receive!

Today remember, people will let you down, they will hurt you and disappoint you. Don’t let the actions of others block your relationship with the Father by holding unforgiveness. Instead, choose to forgive so that you can increase your capacity to receive everything He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for forgiving me and setting me free. Today I choose to forgive others so that I can have room in my heart to receive Your forgiveness and love. Thank You for setting me free in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

27 Apr 2016 07:10 #1437 by DrMike
A Spirit of Unity

“May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had.” (Romans 15:5, NIV)

Do you find that you are surrounded by people all the time, yet you still feel disconnected? In your family, is everyone going in different directions, always busy, always doing their own thing? I’ve found that we really have to make a conscious effort to walk and live in unity with the people in our lives and not allow distractions to pull us apart. Walking in a spirit of unity goes beyond just getting along, it’s about going the extra mile to support one another and lift each other up.If you want to get the most out of life, you’ve got to draw a line in the sand and say, “I’m going to slow down and connect with the people I love. I’m not going to take my relationships for granted.”

Start today by calling a friend or family member that you haven’t talked to in a while. Reach out to them and let them know they are important. Make time to have dinner as a family and support each other’s activities. When you walk and live in unity, you bless the Lord and open the door for Him topoor out His abundance in your own life in return!

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, thank You for the relationships in my life. Help me find creative ways to connect with the people I love. Help me to walk and live in a spirit of unity as You commanded in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

28 Apr 2016 03:57 #1438 by DrMike
He Prepares the Way for Victory

Today’s Scripture

“Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ...” (2 Corinthians 2:14, NKJV)

There are times in life when we all face situations that seem impossible. It’s easy to get discouraged and think that things won’t ever work out. But the scripture tells us that God goes before us and makes our crooked places straight. In other words, even though you may not have the connections you need right now, you don’t have to worry. God is going before you lining up the right people, arranging the right breaks, and setting up the right opportunities. He is preparing the way for victory!

Today, if you are facing difficulty, don’t fall into the temptation to get negative and sour. That adversity is no surprise to God. He’s not up in the heavens scratching His head and thinking, “Oh, no.Now what am I going to do?” No, He already has every day of your life written in His book. Before you had that problem, God already had the solution. He is going before you right now preparing the next chapter of your life. Stay in faith and keep the right attitude because He is moving you forward into the victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for ordering and directing my steps. Thank You for working behind the scenes on my behalf. I choose today to trust in You, knowing that You are good, and You always lead me into victory in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

29 Apr 2016 04:10 #1439 by DrMike
Where Strength and Joy Are Found

Today’s Scripture

“Honor and majesty are [found] in His presence; strength and joy are [found] in His sanctuary.” (1 Chronicles 16:27, AMP
)

Do you need more strength and joy in your life? The Bible tells us that in God’s presence, there isfullness of joy—the most abundant and complete! And when you have His joy, you have His supernatural strength. There’s nothing that can come against you when you are filled with the strength and joy of the Lord.

Notice this verse says that strength and joy are found in His sanctuary. One translation says they are found “where He is.” Do you know “where He is?” His Spirit is alive in every believer, and in His Word, He promises that He inhabits, or manifests, in the praises of His people. That means when you begin to praise and worship God, either corporately in a church setting or privately in your personal time, God is there. You are His sanctuary.

Anytime you feel depleted or overwhelmed by life, just begin to sing a song of praise to Him. Declare His goodness and faithfulness. Draw near to Him, and He will draw near to you. He’ll fill you with His joy and strength to live in victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Heavenly Father, I bless You today. I thank You for Your goodness in my life. Thank You for filling me with Your strength and joy as I praise and worship You this day in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Pastor Don is head of COFA's Prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

02 May 2016 03:45 #1440 by DrMike
Quicker than You Think

Today’s Scripture

“The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise...” (2 Peter 3:9, NIV)

Do you realize that as a believer in Jesus, you have a tremendous advantage in life? The Creator of the universe is not only fighting your battles, but He is lining up the right people, the right breaks, and the right opportunities to move you forward. You may be facing a situation right now that looks like it’s never going to turn around, but I believe that you’re going to see some changes quicker than you think. You’re going to come out of debt quicker than you think. You’re going to accomplish your goals much quicker than you think. That relationship is going to be restored quicker than you think!

Remember, God is not slow in keeping His promise. I believe we are entering into a decade where we’re going to see the hand of Godmove like never before. He is going to open up doors that no man can shut. He is going to turn impossible situations around and take you places that you never dreamed. It’s time to get ready for more of God’s favor because that breakthrough is going to happen quicker than you think!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being faithful to Your Word. I trust that You will complete the work You’ve begun in me. Help me keep my heart and mind focused on You as I stand strong in faith to see Your promises come to pass in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds