Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

15 Mar 2016 04:10 #1411 by DrMike
Handpicked by God

Today’s Scripture

“[In His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy...” (Ephesians 1:4, AMP)

Before you were ever born, before the very foundations of the earth, God chose you. He approved you and called you His own. You may have been overlooked by people in your life; maybe you were passed up for a job or overlooked by someone whose opinion you valued; but remember, God won’t ever overlook you. In fact, He handpicked you. He chose you to be holy, or set apart, for Himself. Let that truth sink down in your heart today. You are God’s most valued possession.

You are special. You are the apple of His eye. He knows everything about you; He even knows the number of hairs you have on your head. He gave you the gifts and abilities you have for a purpose. You carry great value and significance. Don’t ever lose sight of the fact that you are God’s treasure, and you are handpicked by Him!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me today. Help me to understand Your love so that I can extend that love to those around me. Let me see myself and others as Your treasure in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Mar 2016 03:50 #1412 by DrMike
Praise Him in the Sanctuary

Today’s Scripture

“I will give You thanks in the great congregation; I will praise You among a mighty throng.” (Psalm 35:18, NASB)

There is tremendous power available when we worship the Lord! The Bible says that God inhabits the praises of His people, and when God’s presence manifests, the enemy must flee. When we worship together in a corporate setting at church, prayer meeting or Bible study, that power is multiplied. One can put a thousand to flight, but two can put ten thousand to flight. That’s why it’s so important that we give thanks and worship when we come together in our church services.

Worship begins with a choice. We have to choose to give God praise and thanks even if we don’t necessarily feel like it. Choose to worship Him today with your whole being—body, soul and spirit. Practice praising Him at home or wherever you are, and always be ready to praise Him in the sanctuary.

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, today I choose to bless and magnify You. I will praise and honor You because You are worthy. Thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness to me in Jesus’ name. Amen”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

17 Mar 2016 04:07 #1413 by DrMike
Choose This Day

Today’s Scripture

“...choose for yourselves this day whom will you serve...” (Joshua 24:15, NIV)

Everyday, we make thousands of choices. Some choices have more impact on our lives than others. Some require more thought. Some may even require the input of others. Making Jesus the Lord of your life is the best choice you could ever make! However, once you do, you have the opportunity each day to make choices that support that choice. For example, are you choosing to serve the Lord with your attitude? Are you choosing to serve Him with your finances?

Are you choosing to serve the Lord by what you say? What you watch on TV? What you listen to? Today, take time to examine your thoughts and actions. Choose this day to honor Him in everything you do. As you submit your ways to Him, He promises to direct your steps and lead you in the abundant life here on earth and in eternity!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose You. Search my heart and mind and show me anything in my life that is displeasing to You. Help me to serve You with my whole heart, mind, will and emotions in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

18 Mar 2016 04:00 #1414 by DrMike
Love Never Fails

Today’s Scripture “Love never fails...” (1 Corinthians 13:8, NIV)

We all have people in our lives that are difficult at times. Maybe it’s someone you work with, a family member or even your spouse. Relationships can be complicated, but remember: love never fails. The Word of God clearly defines love in 1 Corinthians 13. It says that love is patient and kind. It doesn’t seek its own way. Love doesn’t keep a record of wrongs. And most importantly, love never fails.

Notice that this chapter doesn’t talk at all about how you feel. God’s love isn’t about feelings. It’s a choice. You can choose to be patient, even when you don’t feel like being patient. You can choose to be kind, even when you don’t feel like being kind.
No matter what situation you find yourself in, you can choose love. You are never more like God than when you are walking in love. And when you are walking in love, you will never fail because love never fails. Open your heart to God’s love today. Receive His love and ask Him to show you how to love others better because love never fails!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your love which never fails. Thank You for loving me so that I can be free to love others. Empower me, by Your Spirit, to walk in love no matter what I may face today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

21 Mar 2016 04:12 #1415 by DrMike
Follow Him Daily

Today’s Scripture

“Then he said to them all: ‘Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.’”(Luke 9:23, NIV)

Every day there are things that come against us, distractions that would try to pull us away from our faith in Christ. That’s why Jesus said that every day we have to make the choice to follow Him. Sometimes it’s easy to think, “Well, I go to church regularly,” or “I read my Bible on Sundays.” But really, the Christian life isn’t about how we live on the weekends, it’s how we live every single day. Are you spending time with Him, daily? Are you reaching out and putting others first, daily? Are you sowing seeds to help those in need, daily?

If you know you need to make some adjustments in your daily walk with Him, the good news is that you can start right now, today. Just simply turn to Him and make the commitment to follow Him moment by moment. Let Him direct your steps and follow that inner prompting of the Holy Spirit. Make the choice every day to follow Him and watch what He will do on your behalf!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for another day to serve and follow You. Search my heart and mind right now and remove anything that would keep me from You. I choose to set my mind on You as I daily follow Your steps in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

22 Mar 2016 03:37 #1416 by DrMike
Winning the Respect of Others

Today’s Scripture

“So that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders...” (1 Thessalonians 4:12, NIV)

When others look at your life, what do they see? Does your daily life win the respect of others? As believers, we are Christ’s representatives in the earth. We are called to a higher standard. The way we live our lives should bring glory to God the Father.
Notice this verse doesn’t say, “Go out of your way to do something major so that everyone will notice and respect you.” It doesn’t say, “Win a gold medal or Pulitzer prize so that people will glorify your Father in heaven.” No, it says that your daily life should win the respect of others. That simply means always taking the high road and living a life of excellence. It means doing the right thing even when no one is looking. It means finding common ground in order to be a peacemaker. It means living with an attitude of faith and thanksgiving.

Remember, you will become like those you spend the most time with. If you are committed to spending time with God the Father every day, you’ll develop His character. You’ll win the respect of outsiders and bring glory to Him all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I dedicate every area of my mind, will and emotions to You. Help me to live my daily life as an example of Your goodness. Teach me to love others and win their respect so I can bring glory to You in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

23 Mar 2016 04:05 #1417 by DrMike
Change Your Focus

Today’s Scripture

“Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things.” (Colossians 3:2, NIV)

We all have days when we don’t feel very enthusiastic. If you don’t feel like you have any reason to be excited about your life, today is the day to change your focus! It’s time to set your mind on things above.

Too often, we settle for what we see in this earthly realm, but God has so much more for us in the supernatural realm. Whatever we choose to focus on is what we will see manifested in our lives. We need to daily set our focus on the goodness of God and keep hope alive.

Today is not the day to give up on your dreams; it’s the day to feed your dreams. That means instead of dragging around finding every reason you can to be unhappy, your attitude should be: “I am not going to live my life defeated and depressed. I may have some obstacles in my path, but I know I have victory in my future. I know God has great things in store for me, so I’m going to get up each day anticipating the good things He has in store for me!”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I choose to set my mind on You. I know that Your dream for me is so much bigger than my own. Draw me close to You as I daily set my focus on You. I bless You today and always. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

24 Mar 2016 03:55 #1418 by DrMike
He Daily Loads Us with Benefits

Today’s Scripture

“Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits...” (Psalm 68:19, NKJV)

When you live a life that honors God, when you obey His Word and have an attitude of excellence and integrity, the scripture says that God’s blessings will chase you down and overtake you. You won’t be able to outrun the good things of God. He daily loads us with benefits!

People get confused sometimes and think they have to go chasing after the blessings. But really, when you chase after God each and every day, when you make Him your highest priority, the blessings will automatically follow.

Today, make pleasing the Lord first on your list. Let go of any weights or sins that you know are holding you back. Be willing to deal with any issues God brings to light. Don’t give in to compromise and temptation—all that does is keep you from God’s best. Instead, make the decision to daily put Him first and keep your heart pure before Him. Then get ready because His blessings will chase you down as He daily loads you with benefits!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I dedicate every area of my life to You. Help me to live a life of integrity and honor. Thank You for daily loading me with benefits as I put You first in everything that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

25 Mar 2016 03:42 #1419 by DrMike
Each Day

Today’s Scripture

“Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.”(Psalm 5:3, NLT)

What are some of the things you do each day? We are all creatures of habit in one way or another, but do you wait expectantly each day like the psalmist? Most people bring their requests each day; but really, the key to seeing God move in your life is found in the second part of this verse—to wait expectantly.

When you go out with an attitude of faith and expectancy, you are opening the door for God to move on your behalf. You are declaring with your actions that you trust Him. The more you spend time in His Word, the easier it is to trust Him because you know Him. Make time for Him; make time for His Word. Bring your requests and wait expectantly each and every day!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I dedicate this day to You. Thank You for all the blessings You have prepared for me. I wait expectantly on You, knowing that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

28 Mar 2016 03:46 #1420 by DrMike
Arise Shine

Today’s Scripture

“Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you.” (Isaiah 60:1, NIV)

I believe that God wants to exceed your expectations! He has amazing things stored up for you. He’ll take you places that you’ve never dreamed and give you breaks that seemed impossible. His glory is rising upon His people. Things are going to fall into place so that you can accomplish what God has placed in your heart. Even the hidden dreams that you’ve given up on, God has not given up on. He is going to do exceedingly, abundantly above and beyond all you could ask, think or imagine!

Your mind may try to talk you out of it, but if you’ll listen with your heart, it will resonate on the inside of you. Don’t let discouragement hold you back or keep you down. It’s time for you to arise. It’s time for you to shine. Let that sink down into your spirit today because it’s time for you to receive every spiritual blessing and move forward in the destiny He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Heavenly Father, I come to You today with an open and humble heart. Thank You for choosing me and preparing a bright future for me. I will arise and shine. Let everything I do bring honor to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds