Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

26 Feb 2016 04:06 #1401 by DrMike
Receive the Overflow

Today’s Scripture

“...we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance.” (Psalm 66:12, NIV)

Friend, no matter what your circumstances may look like today, God’s plan is to bring you through to a place of abundance. He wants you to have an abundance of peace, an abundance of joy, an abundance of resources—He wants you to overflow with His blessings so that you can be a blessing to the people around you.

If you want to live in the overflow of God’s blessings, you have to have an attitude to receive the overflow. Remember, as a believer in Jesus, you are a child of the Most High God. Royal blood is flowing through your veins. You were not created to be average. You were not created to barely get by and drag through life. You have seeds of greatness on the inside. You are well able to do whatever God has called you to do!

Today, put your shoulders back, hold your head up high and start thinking like a victor. When you’re a victor, you know that any adversity in your life is not permanent; it’s temporary. Have the attitude to receive the overflow of God’s abundance. Keep believing and keep expecting because it’s just a matter of time until He turns things around in your favor!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I open my mind and heart to You. I choose to believe that You have a good plan for me. By faith, I receive the blessings You have for me so that I can be a blessing to others in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Feb 2016 04:09 #1402 by DrMike
Keep Pressing Through

Today’s Scripture

“And He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.’...” (2 Corinthians 12:9, NKJV)

We all go through seasons of difficulty that can sometimes feel overwhelming. But during these times, we have to remember that Almighty God is greater than the struggle we face! He’ll take those challenges and use them to strengthen us, but we have to do our part and get into agreement with Him.

Think about the caterpillar before it becomes a butterfly. When it’s wrapped in its cocoon in the dark on the backside of some tree, it doesn’t look like it has many options. But after it becomes a butterfly, it doesn’t just sit and wait for someone to come and drill a hole and let it out. No! That butterfly knows that it has to make a move if it’s going to be set free to fly. In the same way, we have to do something to get out of the confining places we are in. We have to pray; we have to believe and keep pressing through to victory.

Today, no matter what you may be facing, remember His grace is sufficient for you. His strength is made perfect in you. Keep believing, keep praying, keep hoping and keep pressing through. Before long, you'll break free and rise to the new levels of victory God has prepared for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the strength to make it through any challenge I may face. I choose to put my trust in You. I declare that You are good and thank You for working behind the scenes on my behalf in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

01 Mar 2016 04:17 #1403 by DrMike
Take the Limits Off

Today’s Scripture

“They turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.”(Psalm 78:41, KJV)

We serve a God of increase! He wants to do new things in our lives. We should always be rising to new levels, but it’s so easy to get stuck in a rut and just settle for the status quo. Sometimes we think, “Well, I’ve reached my limits. I’ve gone as far as I can go. This is as happy as I’ll ever be.” But if we’re going to continue to increase and really experience God’s best, we have to get our thinking lined up with God’s thinking.

It’s interesting that in this scripture, the people limited the Holy One of Israel. Think about that. How can the all-powerful God, the Creator of the universe, be limited? By our thinking. He can be limited in our lives by what we believe. A lot of people don’t realize today that it’s their own wrong thinking that’s keeping them in mediocrity.

Today, take the limits off by choosing to believe God. Feed your faith by studying His Word. As you meditate on His promises with an open and humble heart, you’ll see Him move mightily in your life, and you will experience the blessings He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father God, today I choose to believe You. I take the limits off by trusting that You have good plans for my future. I invite You to search my heart and remove anything that isn’t pleasing to You. I bless You today and always in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

02 Mar 2016 06:10 #1404 by DrMike
What if They Don’t Believe?

Today’s Scripture

“What if some did not believe? Shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?” (Romans 3:3, KJV)

Have the opinions of others caused you to water down your dreams? There will always be critics and naysayers in life. One of the most important things you can learn is that other people don’t have to believe in you in order for your dreams to come to pass. Other people don’t set the limits for your life—you do.

It’s not what others say about you that affects your life, it’s what you say and believe about yourself. In today’s verse, the apostle Paul is saying, “It doesn’t matter if other people don’t believe. Their unbelief is not going to keep me from believing in my dreams.” When God puts a promise in your heart, it’s not up to other people to bring it to pass, it’s up to you! You don’t need everyone to validate you. You have to follow the voice of God for yourself and allow Him to order your steps!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for another day to see Your goodness in my life. Help me to see myself the way You see me. Help me to see the plans You have for me so that I can be empowered to fulfill my destiny. I love You and bless Your name today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

07 Mar 2016 03:57 #1405 by DrMike
Overflowing with Passion for Life

Today’s Scripture

“Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.” (Romans 12:11, NIV)

Zeal is simply another word for passion. Sadly, too many people today have lost their passion and enthusiasm for life. At one time, they were excited about their dreams and woke up every day with purpose and passion. But now, because time has passed and they’ve experienced disappointments, they’re not as excited about those dreams anymore. They’ve lost their fire.

Today know that God wants you to live with passion! You weren’t meant to live a stagnant, ordinary life. You serve an extraordinary God, and you are called to be a reflection of Him.

The truth is, most of life can be very routine. We have to work to keep things fresh. We have to put forth effort to stay passionate about our jobs, relationships, and our walk with the Lord. Every day we need to stir ourselves up. Just like the apostle Paul told Timothy, we have to fan the flame! In other words, don’t let the fire go out. Stay passionate about your life and the dreams God has placed on the inside of you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your Word which is truth that sets me free. Help me to stir up the passion in my heart so that I can stay on fire for You. Thank You for guiding and directing my steps so that I can embrace every dream and promise You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

08 Mar 2016 04:08 #1406 by DrMike
Get a Vision for Overflow

Today’s Scripture

“Where there is no vision...the people perish...”(Proverbs 29:18, AMP)

What is the vision you have for your life? Do you see yourself rising higher? Do you see yourself increasing and growing in the blessing of God?

If we are going to live the abundant, overflowing life that God has promised us, we have to have a vision for it. We have to see ourselves so blessed and so filled that we overflow on to the people around us. We should have so much joy that others are joyful just being in our presence. We should have so much peace that people just feel calm when they come around us. We should overflow in our resources so that we can turn around and be a blessing to others. But it all starts with having a vision for overflow.

I want to challenge you today, start seeing yourself living the abundant life God has promised. Start seeing yourself increasing in influence. Get a vision for overflow and receive His overflow so you can experience the abundant life He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your increase and blessing in my life so that I can be a blessing to others. Help me to have a vision for overflow. Help me see my life the way You see it so that I can embrace the abundant life You have promised in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

09 Mar 2016 03:22 #1407 by DrMike
Align Your Thoughts

Today’s Scripture

“For as he thinks in his heart, so is he...” (Proverbs 23:7, NKJV)

Sometimes we need to just stop and think about what we are thinking about! The Bible tells us that what happens on the inside of us—our thoughts, attitudes and motives—are more important to God than what happens on the outside. You can fool people all day long by saying the right things, but the scripture tells us that God is looking at our hearts. He wants our thoughts and attitudes to come into alignment with His Word so that we can see His promises come to pass in our lives.

Remember, your life will follow the course you set with your mind. When you align your thoughts with God’s thoughts, your life will follow Him. Jeremiah 29 tells us that His thoughts are for our good. His thoughts are for our peace. His thoughts are for our victory! So today, align your thoughts with His thoughts by meditating on His Word. Embrace His promises so that you can move forward into the life of victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I surrender every area of my life to You. Help my thoughts to line up with Your Word. Bring Your promises to my remembrance today as I meditate on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

10 Mar 2016 04:20 #1408 by DrMike
Lean on Him

Today’s Scripture

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.”(Proverbs 3:5, NIV)

Are you facing a situation that seems like it has no logical solution? Sometimes we have to turn our minds off, stop trying to figure it all out, stop overanalyzing, and stop researching everything. When you don’t see the answer in the natural realm, it’s time to stop leaning on your own understanding and choose to trust God.

Sometimes our minds can be a distraction to our “inner sensor” or that place inside where God speaks to our hearts. Our minds can allow fear and dread to distract us from what God is trying to tell us. That’s why the scripture says that we can’t lean on our own understanding. We have to take time to shut off the distractions, shut off fear, and listen to what’s going on inside of us. That’s where faith rises up. That’s where all of the sudden, you’ll feel a spark of hope even when things look impossible.

Today, no matter what it looks like in the natural, choose to lean on Him. Trust that He has favor in store for your future. Trust that something good is about to happen. Trust Him because He alone can take you to new levels in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to lean on You. I choose to trust that You are working on my behalf. I won’t put my confidence in what I see, but I will trust in Your Word which remains true forever in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

11 Mar 2016 04:03 #1409 by DrMike
Brighter Days Ahead

Today’s Scripture

“The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day.” (Proverbs 4:18, NLT)

Are you facing a situation that seems dim today? Maybe you can’t quite see what’s going to happen in the future. As a believer, God promises that your path will shine brighter and brighter as you seek Him. He promises that the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn shining brighter to the full day!

What does it mean to be righteous? Righteousness is simply being in “right standing” with God. Being in right standing with God is about surrendering your life to Him. It’s about obeying His commands and seeking His plan for your life on a daily basis.
No matter what you may be facing today, know that God has a bright future for you. He wants to show you His ways and lead you down a bright path! Seek Him in all things and trust that you have brighter days ahead!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me a bright future. I know that You have a wonderful plan and purpose for me. Show me Your ways as I put You first in all things in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

14 Mar 2016 04:08 #1410 by DrMike
Blessings Are Coming Your Way

Today’s Scripture

“May the Lord, the God of your fathers, increase you a thousand times and bless you as he has promised!” (Deuteronomy 1:11, NIV)

God wants to release favor and blessing into your life. He longs to be good to you. Some blessings are stored up for you because someone in your family line honored Him. It may have been a parent or grandparent, or maybe someone way back in your history that you don’t even know; but because they lived a life of faith, now you are going to reap the rewards.

It may have been a hundred years ago, but God wants to increase you a thousand times over your ancestors. When you have those moments where you feel like you’ve received “favor out of nowhere,” that’s the time to thank God for His grace and mercy. Thank Him for His promise to pass down blessings from generation to generation.
We serve a gracious and mighty God, and His favor lasts a lifetime! Open your heart with an attitude of expectancy because blessings are coming your way!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I give You honor and glory today for all You have done for me. I receive Your blessing and look forward to the good plans You have prepared for my future in Jesus’ name, Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.942 seconds