Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

15 Jan 2016 04:01 #1371 by DrMike
What Do You Say?

Today’s Scripture

“I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust.” (Psalm 91:2, AMP)

Your words have tremendous power. No matter what you may be facing today, the words of your mouth can help set the course for your victory or set the course for defeat. You decide by what you say. When you wake up with an attitude of faith and expectancy and declare that God is your refuge, you will be strengthened and empowered by His Spirit. The more you talk like you are blessed, the more you walk like you are blessed, the more you will live like you are blessed.

Your words are like seeds. When you declare favor and blessing, you will reap a harvest of favor and blessing in return. Take inventory of what you are saying on a regular basis. Even when challenges and obstacles arise, you have to rise up and say, “If God is for me, who can be against me?” Every day, clean out your heart by letting go of unforgiveness and bitterness. If you keep the right attitude and speak words of faith and expectancy, you’ll come out better off than you were before. You’ll rise up higher and live the abundant life the Lord has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, thank You for Your Word which is like refreshing water to my soul. Help me choose the right things to say so that I can live in victory all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jan 2016 03:53 #1372 by DrMike
Faith and Righteousness

Today’s Scripture

“Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness.”(Genesis 15:6, NIV)

So many people today are looking for ways to be righteous or to be in “right standing” with God. The Bible simply says that when we believe God, that’s righteousness.
The proof, or evidence, of our faith in Him is found in our actions. Faith without works is dead. That means, when we really believe something, our actions will support what we believe. Because Abraham believed God, he obeyed His word and left his father’s land even when he didn’t know where he was going.

In the same way, when we believe God, we have to leave some things behind in order to embrace the new life He has in store. As you let go of the old and, by faith, embrace God’s promises, know that He is leading you down paths of righteousness for His name’s sake! Keep believing and keep stepping out, knowing that your best days are ahead of you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to accept and believe Your Word by faith. Thank You for making me righteous and help me to follow You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

19 Jan 2016 04:01 #1373 by DrMike
He Gives Strength

Today’s Scripture

“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.”(Isaiah 40:29, NIV)

Have you ever felt backed into a corner about a particular situation and couldn’t see a way out? We’ve all felt overwhelmed by the circumstances of life at one time or another. Be encouraged today because the Bible says in Isaiah that when you cry out to God for help, as soon as He hears, He will answer you! He will give you strength when you are weary and increase your power when you feel weak.

No matter what is going on in your life today, God is greater than any obstacle or difficulty you may be facing. Do you need strength today to overcome a challenge in your life? Do you need power to stand strong in the midst of a storm? Call on Him and He will hear you. The answer is on the way while the words are still on your lips!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for hearing and answering my prayers. Fill me with Your strength and power today. I give You my whole heart. Remove anything from my life that isn’t pleasing to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

20 Jan 2016 03:49 #1374 by DrMike
Delight in One Another

Today’s Scripture

“And walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us...”(Ephesians 5:2, AMP)

Do you esteem and honor the people God has placed in your life? Sometimes it’s easy to take for granted your family and close friends, but it’s important to honor and value those around us. You are God’s representative in the earth, and when you proactively bless and encourage the people in your life, you are displaying God’s love for them. Not only are you showing God’s love to others, the Bible says that when you reach out to others, you are showing love for God. Notice this verse doesn’t say, “Walk in love as long as everyone acts the way you want them to.” It doesn’t say, “Esteem others as long as they treat you right.” No, it simply says to “walk in love as Christ loved.”

There are no conditions to God’s love, and there should be no conditions to our love for others. Choose love today and watch God pour out His love and blessing on you in return!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, help me to love others today the way You love me. Show me how to be a blessing to the people You have placed in my life. I choose to honor You by honoring others today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

21 Jan 2016 04:13 #1375 by DrMike
Magnify the Lord

Today’s Scripture

“O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.”(Psalm 34:3, KJV)

There is power when you magnify the Lord and exalt His name! When you magnify the Lord, you aren’t changing Him; you are changing the way you see Him. You are making Him bigger in your life than your problems and circumstances.
So many people today waste time and energy talking about their problems and feeling sorry for themselves. In other words, they are magnifying their circumstances in their mind and heart. But when you magnify the Lord by talking about Him and worshiping Him, you are making Him big in your mind and heart. You are opening the door for Him to move on your behalf.

Decide today that no matter what’s going on in life around you, you are going to magnify your God. Talk about His goodness. Talk about His faithfulness. Declare that He is working behind the scenes on your behalf. Exalt His name today and lift Him up!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to magnify You. You are faithful and worthy of praise. I declare today that You are for me, so who can be against me! I trust Your work in my life today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

22 Jan 2016 04:23 #1376 by DrMike
Now Faith

Today’s Scripture

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”(Hebrews 11:1, KJV)

What are you hoping for in your life today? The Bible says that faith gives substance to the things you hope for. Notice this verse starts by saying, “Now faith...” It’s not “later” faith or “one day” faith. We have to believe that God is working behind the scenes right now. Faith is simply believing that God is a good and faithful God—that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Can you believe that God wants to move in your life, today? Do you believe that He can provide for your need, today? Do you believe that He can heal your relationships, today? Do you believe that He can give you that promotion, today?

Whatever you are hoping for, open your heart and expect that God is working on your behalf. Stand strong and declare that victory is already yours. As you face each day with faith and expectancy, you’ll increase in strength and see God’s hand in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to believe that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I trust that You have a good plan for me and that You are leading and guiding my every step. Help me stand strong in You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

25 Jan 2016 04:06 #1377 by DrMike
Step Out of the Boat

Today’s Scripture

“Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water. He said, ‘Come!’ So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water, and he came toward Jesus.”(Matthew 14:28–29, AMP)

Why do you think Peter wanted to get out of the boat? Why did he all of the sudden think he could walk on water when Jesus called him? Well, you might say, “Joel, it’s because he saw Jesus open the blind eyes and cleanse the lepers.” Yes, that’s true. But the other disciples in the boat saw the same things. Why didn’t they want to get out? I believe it was because Peter understood that it was his time. He stirred up his faith. He believed at that moment that he could do what God placed in his heart. Jesus said, “Peter, do you want to get out of that boat?” He said, “Yes, I do.” Jesus replied, “Well, come on out.” Notice that Jesus didn’t say, “Peter, stay in that boat. Don’t you know I’m the Son of God?” No. He said, “Peter, I like your attitude of faith. I like the fact that you believe you can do great things.”

I encourage you today to have that same kind of boldness. Start believing that your time is here! All the dreams that you’ve buried, those desires that you thought would never work out, it’s time to start believing again. It’s your time, and it’s time to step out of the boat!

A Prayer for Today

“Dear Father, today I choose to believe Your Word. I believe You are faithful to complete the good work You’ve started in my life. I choose to follow Your voice and step out of the boat. Thank You for bringing to pass the dreams in my heart in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

26 Jan 2016 04:18 #1378 by DrMike
Far and Beyond

Today’s Scripture

“Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever.” (Ephesians 3:20–21, NASB)

God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above and beyond all we could ever imagine! Think about that for a moment. God wants to take you far and beyond what you’ve ever dreamed. He wants to accelerate you this year which means He can bring you into opportunities that will boggle your mind. He can make your career take off like a rocket. He can cause you to meet the right people who will help further your dreams. He can launch you forward more quickly than you could have imagined! He can bring you out of debt and cause you to pay that house off even though it looked impossible. You’re going to get well even though the medical report says there’s no way.

Things may be dark and gloomy around you, but keep your head held high. You have an advantage. You are a child of the Most High God. His face is shining down on you. God is saying that it’s not going to be an average year. It’s not going to be a barely-get-by year. No, you need to get ready because it’s going to be a year of favor, a year of increase, a year of acceleration!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for accelerating every area of my life. I choose to put my trust in You knowing that You are directing my steps. Thank You for the good plans You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

27 Jan 2016 04:04 #1379 by DrMike
Keep Standing

Today’s Scripture

“Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. (Ephesians 6:13, NIV)

Sometimes, people have problems because they are making poor choices or doing something wrong. But other times, people are having difficulties because they are doing something right.

When you’re determined to fulfill your God-given destiny, and you’re taking steps to improve your life or make a difference in your family or community, don’t be surprised if you face opposition. The enemy is not going to just roll out the red carpet and watch you fulfill your God-given destiny. He’ll do whatever he can to keep you from moving forward. The apostle Paul said this, “A wide door of opportunity is open for me and there are many adversaries.” I’ve found that anytime you try to go forward in life, anytime you try to make progress, there will be opposition. But with God on your side, you can stand your ground! Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. If you’re facing opposition today, keep standing, keep believing, keep hoping. Keep fighting the good fight of faith until you see the victory He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your promise of victory. I choose to take my eyes off of my challenges and focus on You. Thank You for equipping me with Your armor so that I can stand strong in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

28 Jan 2016 04:05 #1380 by DrMike
Receive His Mercy

Today’s Scripture

“...Mercy triumphs over judgment.” (James 2:13, NIV)

We’ve all made mistakes. We’ve all made wrong choices, but as believers in Jesus, that doesn’t change our heritage. God doesn’t kick us out of the kingdom because we’re not perfect. Maybe you don’t feel like you deserve God’s goodness, or you think you’re supposed to suffer through life and just endure that problem. But this is what mercy is all about. His mercy will renew and restore you!

No matter what you may have done wrong, you are still the apple of God’s eye. You are still His most prized possession. You can still access God’s promises by faith today. Why don’t you shake off the guilt and condemnation? Put your shoulders back and say, “I may not be perfect, but I am forgiven. I may have made mistakes, but God knows my heart is to please Him, and I am changing my ways. Even though I may have brought this trouble on myself, I’m going to stay in faith and expect God to turn it around.” Access His mercy today and let Him empower you to move forward in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your love and mercy. Thank You for receiving me, cleansing me and changing me. I dedicate every area of my life to You and invite You to have Your way in me as I shake off guilt and condemnation in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 1.019 seconds