Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

02 Jan 2016 06:54 #1361 by DrMike
What’s Chasing You?

Today’s Scripture

“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” (Psalm 23:6, NKJV)

In the Bible, David was known as a man after God’s own heart. What kind of attitude did he have? Here in Psalm 23, he says, “Goodness and mercy are following me.” David lived with an attitude of expectancy. One translation says, “God’s kindness chases me everywhere that I go.” David’s attitude was “something good is going to happen to me. Everywhere I go, I know God’s blessings are chasing me. Favor is following me around.” No wonder he saw God’s goodness! No wonder he overcame his obstacles and accomplished great dreams. He knew good things were chasing after him.

Do you know what’s chasing you right now? Not debt. Not failure. Not mediocrity. Not defeat. Not lack. Not at all! You are a child of the Most High God. You have been crowned with favor. You have been redeemed from every curse. God has set you apart as His own special treasure. When you look back in your rearview mirror, you’d better get ready because you have a tailgater! There’s something coming toward you at a high rate of speed. You know what it is? Blessings, favor, supernatural opportunities, restoration, divine connections—God’s goodness and mercy following you all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your abundant grace and mercy. Today I look for Your goodness. I look for Your favor and blessings. I set my heart on You. Show me Your love in a new way today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Jan 2016 03:51 #1362 by DrMike
Peace, Be Still

Today’s Scripture

“Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, ‘Peace, be still!’ And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.” (Mark 4:39, NKJV)

How do you respond when the storms of life are raging against you? One time Jesus was with His disciples in a boat out on the water when they encountered a great storm. The disciples were very afraid, but Jesus on the other hand, was fast asleep. When the disciples woke Him to see if He could help them, Jesus got up and simply spoke to the storm, “Peace! Be still” and the seas were calm again.

When difficult times come, you don’t have to be overwhelmed by the waves of worry or fear. Just as Jesus stood up and spoke to the storm, you have power in your words, too. The Bible says that the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in every believer. He’s given you His authority to declare peace over your home, over your mind, and over your family. Remember, no matter what storms may come against you, the Greater One lives on the inside of you! Speak to your storms and walk in peace all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for filling me with Your Holy Spirit and giving me Your authority here on earth. Today I declare peace over every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

05 Jan 2016 03:35 #1363 by DrMike
Greater Than You Imagined

Today’s Scripture

“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.”(1 Corinthians 2:9, NIV)

Because God loves you, He has supernatural blessings in store for you: increase, favor, good breaks, supernatural opportunities. His dream for your life is so much greater than you ever imagined. You haven’t seen anything yet!

You may have a dream to get well again or be able to walk without pain, but God’s dream for you is not only that you will walk, but that you be able to run and play like you did when you were a child. Your dream may be to just keep your marriage together, but God’s dream is that your marriage would be happier, healthier and more fulfilling than you ever thought possible! Your dream may be to just pay your bills and make it through each month, but God’s dream is that you have an abundance, that you be totally out of debt, pay your house off, pay your credit cards off, and have so much overflow that you can be a blessing to everyone around you!

Get ready because God has greater blessings in store for you than you ever imagined. Open your heart today and keep an attitude of faith and expectancy, and you will live the abundant life the Lord has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing on my life. I open my heart and receive by faith all You have for me. Fill me with Your peace and joy as I put my trust in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

06 Jan 2016 04:08 #1364 by DrMike
Imitators of God

Today’s Scripture

“Therefore be imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father]. And walk in love...” (Ephesians 5:1–2, AMP)

When people look at you, do they see your family resemblance? Perhaps in the natural, you have characteristics of your father or mother; maybe you have their eyes, or mouth or mannerisms. We should also have the characteristics of our heavenly Father. We should display His likeness. We should have His eyes, His mouth and His mannerisms, too. We should study Him and imitate Him with the same awe that little children do as they imitate their earthly fathers.

The Bible tells us that God is love. We are never more like God than when we are walking in love—when we are being patient and kind; when we are extending grace and mercy and forgiving others the way Christ has forgiven us. When you imitate God, when you do things His way, you get His results! And God’s ways always lead to life, freedom and blessing. The more you imitate your heavenly Father by walking in love, the more you will see Him moving in your life. He’ll open doors for you that no man can close, and you’ll see His hand of blessing in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I invite Your love to flow through me today. Show me how I can be a blessing to others and follow Your ways. Let my life please You so that I can be an example of Your awesome character in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

07 Jan 2016 03:52 #1365 by DrMike
Handpicked by God

Today’s Scripture

“[In His love] He chose us [actually picked us out for Himself as His own] in Christ before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy...”(Ephesians 1:4, AMP)

Before you were ever born, before the very foundation of the earth, God chose you. He approved you and called you His own. You may have been overlooked by people in your life. Maybe you were passed up for a job or overlooked by someone whose opinion you valued; but remember, God won’t ever overlook you. In fact, He handpicked you.

He chose you to be holy, or set apart, for Himself. Let that truth sink down in your heart today. You are God’s most valued possession. You are special. You are the apple of His eye. He knows everything about you; He even knows the number of hairs you have on your head. He gave you the gifts and abilities you have for a purpose. You carry great value and significance. Don’t ever lose sight of the treasure He’s placed within you. Remember, you are handpicked by God. Meditate on His goodness today knowing that nothing can change His love for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me. Help me understand Your love so that I can extend that love to those around me. Let me see others as valuable the way You see me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

08 Jan 2016 03:57 #1366 by DrMike
The Power of Peace

Today’s Scripture

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (John 14:27, NIV)

No matter what may be going on around you today, you can still live in peace. Scripture encourages us not to let our hearts be troubled. In other words, don’t meditate on all the negative things in this world to the point that it steals your peace. If you have fear, worry or anxiety about anything, recognize that those feelings aren’t from God because He has promised to give you a spirit of power, love and a sound mind. There is tremendous power in peace. When you are at peace internally, you can think more clearly. You can hear the voice of God more easily. You’ll make better decisions. Even your physical body responds to peace.

The enemy knows this, and his goal is to steal your peace. He tries to set you up to get you upset. But when you choose to receive God’s peace, then no weapon formed against you shall prosper!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your gift of peace in my life. I choose to receive Your peace in my heart and hold it close to me always. I receive Your Word as truth and life to my soul in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

11 Jan 2016 04:05 #1367 by DrMike
New Garments

Today’s Scripture

“Provide for those who grieve...a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.”(Isaiah 61:3, NIV)

Do you need a new garment today? I’m not talking about a physical garment. I’m talking about what’s covering your mind and emotions. Are you clothed with despair and disappointment? Are you wearing “heaviness?” If you’ve gone through a hurtful situation, the Bible says there is a time to grieve, and it’s important to release that hurt to the Lord. But the Bible also tells us that God wants to give you a garment of praise instead of a spirit of heaviness and despair.

Are the garments of yesterday weighing you down and holding you back? It’s time for a new garment. The garment of praise is light and filled with peace and joy. Don’t carry those heavy burdens around anymore. Choose to forgive those who have hurt you and praise God for what He’s doing in your life today. If nothing else, start thanking Him for the beautiful sunrise. Thank him for restoring you, even if you don’t see it yet. Just like this verse says, you will be as strong and secure as a tall oak tree, displaying His splendor all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I come to You today and ask that You take off my old garments of despair and heaviness. Make me new today. Give me a garment of praise so that I can be a display of Your glory and splendor in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

12 Jan 2016 07:45 #1368 by DrMike
Refuse to Worry

Today’s Scripture

“Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?”(Matthew 6:27, NIV)

Are you worrying about something today? To worry means to allow something to revolve in your mind over and over again. God doesn’t want you to live worried or anxious about anything. He knows that worry steals your peace and joy. It affects every area of your life. Have you heard the saying, “Don’t worry yourself sick?” That’s because worrying affects your physical body. It affects your sleep.

You won’t ever gain anything by worrying; in fact, you’ll lose precious moments that you can never get back again. The good news is that God has promised that you can have victory over worry. It starts by making the choice to trust in Him. When you cast your cares on Him, He will give you His peace.

Decide today to put an end to worry in your life. Feed your faith and fill your mind with God’s promises. Focus on God’s Word and refuse to worry!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to put an end to worry in my life. I choose to feed my faith by studying Your Word and declaring it over my life. Help me to totally trust in You today and every day in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

13 Jan 2016 03:49 #1369 by DrMike
Take Off the Limits

Today’s Scripture

“I have seen that everything [human] has its limits and end [no matter how extensive, noble, and excellent]; but Your commandment is exceedingly broad and extends without limits [into eternity].”(Psalm 119:96, AMP)

Did you know you can limit your life by dwelling on the wrong things? So often, wrong thinking keeps people stuck right where they are. If you think you’ll never accomplish your dreams, then you’ll stay stuck where you are. If you think you don’t have the talent, the connections or the funds, then you are limiting yourself. We have to remember that God’s promises never return void. His Word stands true forever!

Don’t limit what God can do in your life by focusing on what you see in the natural realm. You have to realize that you serve a supernatural God, and just because you don’t see a way doesn’t mean that God doesn’t have a way. God can bring one opportunity across your path that will launch you to a whole new level. He has explosive blessings in store that can blast you out of where you are and into a place of abundance! Shift your focus from this limited realm, start looking at God’s supernatural realm, and see His unlimited possibilities for your future!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I lift my eyes to You. You alone are the source of my strength, peace and provision. I choose to delight myself in You knowing that You will give me the desires of my heart in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

14 Jan 2016 04:07 #1370 by DrMike
A Glimpse of Heaven

Today’s Scripture

“Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.”(Matthew 6:10, NIV)

God longs to give you a glimpse of heaven while you are here on earth. He wants to show you His wonderful plan and bring it to pass in your life. Have you ever thought about how God’s will is accomplished in heaven? In heaven, God’s will is automatic. There are no opposing forces or anything that would come against His will. On earth, we must choose His will on a daily basis in our thoughts, words and actions. On earth, we have to stand against the forces of darkness and refuse those negative, self-defeating thoughts that come against us.

Today, open your heart to the will of God which is His Word. Stand strong in faith and see His will in your life just as it is in heaven!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I humbly come to You today and invite Your will to be done in my life. I submit every area of my heart to You. Let everything I say and do bring glory to You in Jesus name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds