Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

29 Jan 2016 03:41 #1381 by DrMike
Faith that is Alive

Today’s Scripture

“...faith without works is dead.”(James 2:20, NKJV)

Did you know that faith can be alive or dead? Dead faith doesn’t do anything. There are a lot of people who love God, but they aren’t overcoming obstacles or accomplishing their God-given dreams simply because they are not putting any action behind their faith. Their faith is simply dead.

What can you do today to keep your faith alive? It doesn’t have to be something big. By simply obeying God’s Word and doing your best, you are keeping your faith alive. When you go to work every day and give it 100%, you are demonstrating your faith. Sometimes just putting a smile on your face when you feel discouraged is putting action behind your faith. Taking time to go to church—that’s faith that is alive. That’s faith that activates God’s power. That’s faith that opens the door for God to move on your behalf! With faith that is alive, you’ll rise up higher. You’ll overcome obstacles, and you’ll move forward into the blessing and victory God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your Word which is life to my soul. Show me ways to put my faith into action. Guide my steps and keep me close to You so that everything I do brings honor to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Feb 2016 04:36 #1382 by DrMike
The Great I Am

Today’s Scripture

“God said to Moses, ‘I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you.’” (Exodus 3:14, NIV)

We serve a great and mighty God! He is the Creator of the universe, the one who spoke the worlds into existence. He’s called the Great I AM, and He’s saying today, “I am everything you need. I am your strength. I am your wisdom. I am your protection. I am your provider. I am your way maker. I am your problem solver. I am your dream giver. I am your victory!”

David put it this way in Psalm 138, “Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will bring me safely through. Your fist is clenched against my enemies. Your power will save me.” Maybe you feel like David today. You’re surrounded by all kinds of difficulties. You’re tempted to just settle right where you are. You need to get your fire back! Instead of focusing on how big your problems are, focus on how big your God is! He is everything you need. He is the Great I AM, and He is the one leading and guiding you into victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I choose to focus on Your greatness today. Thank You for being the I AM—everything that I need to live the life of victory in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

02 Feb 2016 04:44 #1383 by DrMike
Trust Him with Your Dreams

Today’s Scripture

“I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives.” (John 12:24, NLT
)

Are you frustrated because a dream isn’t happening on your timetable? It’s good to be passionate about your dreams, but did you know a dream can become an idol? If that’s all you think about and you’re not going to be happy unless it happens your way, that’s out of balance. The fact is, sometimes you have to put that dream on the altar.
Sometimes we hold on to things so tightly, but when we let them go, that’s when God can bring them to pass. If you’ll release that frustration and not let it become the center of your attention, that’s when God can begin to move. Take that same time and energy to thank God that He’s directing your steps and watch how it opens the door for God to give you the desires of your heart.

We have to remember, God already knows what we want and what we are in need of. He’s the One who put those desires in us. We shouldn’t be consumed with trying to make things happen. Instead, a greater act of faith is to be happy right where you are! Stay open and trust God because He has good plans in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I release my dreams and desires like a seed falling to the ground. I know that You have a good plan for my future, and I trust that Your plans will unfold in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

03 Feb 2016 04:28 #1384 by DrMike
Trust God to Do it His Way

Today’s Scripture

“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55:9, NIV)

Every person has things they’re believing for, situations they want to see changed, and dreams God has placed in their hearts. But sometimes, we try to figure out how it’s all going to happen. If we’re not careful, we’ll try to take control and start to tell God how to do it, when to do it, and where to do it! Today’s scripture tells us that God’s ways are not our ways. They are so much higher and better.

If things don’t happen on your timetable, instead of getting discouraged, why don’t you believe that God has something better in store? Just because it doesn’t happen your way doesn’t mean it’s not going to happen. Remember, God has a plan. He’s got it all figured out. Don’t limit Him by trying to get it done your way. Instead, simply say, “God, I’m trusting You. I know You have my best interest at heart. And even if I don’t get my way, I’m going to stay open and believe that You’re still directing my steps.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I choose to trust in You. I cast my cares on You. I give You my plans, dreams and desires for the future. Thank You for working behind the scenes on my behalf. I receive Your peace as I wait patiently to see Your plan unfold in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

04 Feb 2016 04:02 #1385 by DrMike
Waiting the Right Way

Today’s Scripture

“...faith without works is dead.” (James 2:20, NKJV)

Are you waiting for God to do something in your life? One thing I’ve learned is that waiting should not be a passive thing. When we’re waiting the correct way, we’re on the lookout. We talk like what we are believing for is going to happen. We act like it’s going to happen. We’re making preparations.

It’s just like when you’re expecting someone for dinner; you don’t wait until they show up before you decide to start cooking. Most likely you start early in the day. You make sure the house is clean, you go to the grocery store, and maybe buy some flowers for the table. You make preparations because you’re expecting someone. Well, that’s the attitude we need to have while we’re waiting for God’s promises to come to pass. As you put actions behind your prayers, your faith comes alive and opens the door for God to move mightily on your behalf.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I choose to put actions behind my faith today. I trust that You are at work in my life. I will wait the right way—with expectancy knowing that You are leading me into the path You have for me in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

05 Feb 2016 03:57 #1386 by DrMike
Delivered from All

Today’s Scripture

“‘Don’t be afraid,’ the prophet answered. ‘Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.’”(2 Kings 6:16, NIV)

Everyone has times when they feel overwhelmed or “outnumbered” by the things that are coming against them. You may have heard the saying, “When it rains, it pours.” For example, just about the time the air conditioner needs repair in your house, the transmission goes out in your car. It seems like one thing happens after another. It may feel as if all of the forces of darkness are coming against you. But the scripture promises that with God on your side, you have all the resources you need to have complete victory. You are never outnumbered because the Greater One lives in you!
The next time you’re feeling anxious, fearful or worried about anything, remember, He’s on your side. If God is for you, who can be against you? He promises to guide and protect you and lead you into victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your faithfulness to me. Thank You for Your peace even in the midst of the storms of life. I know that You are with me, and I can stand strong because You will lead me into victory all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

08 Feb 2016 04:05 #1387 by DrMike
Set Your Mind Higher

Today’s Scripture

“Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.” (Colossians 3:2, NIV)

Sometimes when people look toward the future, they don’t see how they will ever rise higher or fulfill their destiny. That’s because they are looking at things in the earthly, natural realm. But if we’ll set our minds higher, if we’ll set our minds on things above, we will have a different perspective.

We walk by faith and not by sight. In other words, we have to believe it before we’re ever going to see it. If we walk only by what we see in the natural realm, we can easily allow circumstances and fear to keep us from moving forward. But when we set our minds higher, we are walking by faith, and we can see things God’s way.

Make the decision to set your mind on things above. Focus on the good things God has in store. Be determined to close the door on fear and doubt and choose to listen to that inner prompting of the Holy Spirit. Walk and live by faith and set your mind on higher things!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your Word which lights the path You have for me. I choose to keep my heart and mind focused on You. I choose to meditate on Your Word knowing that it feeds my faith and sets me in a position to receive every blessing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

09 Feb 2016 04:07 #1388 by DrMike
Good Things in Store

Today’s Scripture

“...time and chance happen to them all.” (Ecclesiastes 9:11, NIV)

The scripture talks about how time and chance will come together for every person. In other words, there are moments of favor that God has already released into your future. If you’ll let that sink down into your heart today, it will change your whole outlook on your future.

So many people miss out on the good things because they allow fear to distract them and hold them back. They say, “What if I fail?” “What if they don’t like me?” “What if I make a mistake?” However, “What if you do succeed?” “What if they do like you?” “What if you do it better than anyone else?” That’s expecting God’s goodness and favor. And when you go out each day with an attitude of faith and expectancy, you’ll see those good things He has in store. You’ll walk into divine moments of favor, moments of blessing, moments of increase and embrace all the good things He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the good things You have in store for my future. Thank You for Your peace and joy that surrounds my every step. I choose to keep my heart focused on the blessings in my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

10 Feb 2016 03:54 #1389 by DrMike
Trust Him with Your Dreams

Today’s Scripture

“I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives.”(John 12:24, NLT)

Are you frustrated because a dream isn’t happening on your timetable? It’s good to be passionate about your dreams, but did you know a dream can become an idol? If that’s all you think about and you’re not going to be happy unless it happens your way, that’s out of balance. The fact is, sometimes you have to put that dream on the altar.

Sometimes we hold on to things so tightly, but when we let them go, that’s when God can bring them to pass. If you’ll release that frustration and not let it become the center of your attention, that’s when God can begin to move. Take that same time and energy to thank God that He’s directing your steps and watch how it opens the door for God to give you the desires of your heart.

We have to remember, God already knows what we want and what we are in need of. He’s the One who put those desires in us. We shouldn’t be consumed with trying to make things happen. Instead, a greater act of faith is to be happy right where you are! Stay open and trust God because He has good plans in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I release my dreams and desires like a seed falling to the ground. I know that You have a good plan for my future, and I trust that Your plans will unfold in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

11 Feb 2016 04:02 #1390 by DrMike
Trust Him to Make a Way

Today’s Scripture

“Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.” (Psalm 20:7, NIV)

It’s easy to get discouraged when things don’t go your way. Maybe you aren’t getting out of debt as fast as you wanted. Or, you’re experiencing some challenges in your health or relationships. We have to be careful not to give up just because it hasn’t happened on our timetable. Remember, we serve a supernatural God. His ways are higher than our ways. When we believe, all things become possible!

The first step is to quit trying to figure everything out. There may not be a way in the natural, but that’s okay. God can do what men can’t do. Think about the children of Israel. When they left Egypt, there were two million of them. Then, Pharaoh came chasing after them, and when they came to a dead end at the Red Sea, it looked like it was over. They couldn’t see a way out, but that didn’t mean there wasn’t a way. God simply parted the Red Sea, and they went through on dry ground.

Remember, if it looks like there is no way in the natural, trust God to make a way. He’ll part the waters if He has to! He’ll do whatever it takes to lead and guide you in the path of victory that He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I trust that with You, all things are possible. I take my eyes off of my circumstances and put my trust and hope in You. I bless You and thank You for Your faithfulness in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.732 seconds