Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

03 May 2016 04:02 #1441 by DrMike
A Spirit of Unity

Today’s Scripture

“May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had.”(Romans 15:5, NIV)

Do you find that you are surrounded by people all the time, yet you still feel disconnected? In your family, is everyone going in different directions, always busy, always doing their own thing? I’ve found that we really have to make a conscious effort to walk and live in unity with the people in our lives and not allow distractions to pull us apart. Walking in a spirit of unity goes beyond just getting along, it’s about going the extra mile to support one another and lift each other up. If you want to get the most out of life, you’ve got to draw a line in the sand and say, “I’m going to slow down and connect with the people I love. I’m not going to take my relationships for granted.”

Start today by calling a friend or family member that you haven’t talked to in a while. Reach out to them and let them know they are important. Make time to have dinner as a family and support each other’s activities. When you walk and live in unity, you bless the Lord and open the door for Him topoor out His abundance in your own life in return!

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, thank You for the relationships in my life. Help me find creative ways to connect with the people I love. Help me to walk and live in a spirit of unity as You commanded in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 May 2016 04:26 #1442 by DrMike
He Will Fill You

Today’s Scripture

“‘...My people will be filled with My bounty,’ declares the LORD.” (Jeremiah 31:14, NIV)

What does it mean to be filled? It means to be satisfied. It means having more than enough to meet your needs so that you can be a blessing to others. But it all starts with our level of expectancy. My question for you today is what are you believing for? What are you expecting? You might say, “Well, I don’t think I’ll ever meet my sales goals.” Or, “I don’t think I’ll ever get promoted. I’m not that qualified.” “I don’t think I’ll ever get well.” The problem is that you’re not looking for those good breaks. You’re not expectingincrease. You’re not positioning yourself for God to fill you, and unfortunately, you won’t be disappointed.

Jesus said in scripture, “According to your faith it will be done unto you.” He might as well have said, “If you’ve got a cup, I’ll fill you with a cup level of blessing. If you’ve got a bucket, I’ll fill you with a bucket level of blessing.” But if you’ll take the limits off of God and believe for supernatural opportunities, if you’ll go out each day expecting far and beyond favor, you won’t be disappointed! He will fill you and satisfy you all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for blessing me so that I can be a blessing to others. Today, I choose to open my heart and mind to You and expect You to fill me with Your goodness. I choose to take the limits off so that You can have Your way in my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's Prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

05 May 2016 04:19 #1443 by DrMike
The Moment We Pray

Today’s Scripture

“My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help...”(Psalm 56:9, NLT)

Are you believing God to do something specific in your life? Be encouraged because God is already working behind the scenes on your behalf. Just because you don’t see anything happening doesn’t mean that God isn’t working. The moment we pray, God sets the miracle into motion. The thing we have to remember is that God doesn’t say, “I’ll deliver you in one hour, or next week, or Tuesday at 5:00 p.m.” No, He doesn’t put a time frame on it. That’s where trust comes in. We have to know that our enemies retreat as soon as we call on Him for help. We have to choose the place of peace knowing that He is working things out.

Today, shake off the temptation to get discouraged during the waiting process. Shake off offense,shake off discouragement. Remember, all it takes is one touch of God’s favor to take you years ahead. Keep standing, keep believing, keep hoping because the answer is on its way the moment we pray!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for hearing me the moment I pray. Today I choose to trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf no matter what I see in the natural. I will praise You always because You are faithful. I love You and bless You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

06 May 2016 04:14 #1444 by DrMike
Pray for One Another

Today’s Scripture

“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed...”(James 5:16, NIV)

All throughout scripture, we see that God’s system is based on the principle of sowing and reaping. If you sow blessing and mercy into the lives of others, that’s what you’ll reap in your life in return. The same thing happens when you pray for one another. There’s a spiritual dynamic at play when you get your mind off of yourself and onto others. You're sowing a seed so that God can do something in your own life.

Is there someone in your life you can pray for? Maybe it’s a friend or a family member in need. They don’t have to be present. You can pray for them as you go about your day or even driving in your car on the way to work. It’s the connection of faith that opens the door for God to move mightily on your behalf. Pray for one another and watch what God will do!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for another day to be used by You. I choose to pray for the people in my life as You have commanded. Direct my thoughts and prayers so that I can be a blessing to others and always honor You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

09 May 2016 04:00 #1445 by DrMike
The Secret Things

Today’s Scripture

“The secret things belong unto the Lord our God...” (Deuteronomy 29:29, AMP)

Serving God means we’re going to have some unanswered questions sometimes. You may never understand why a relationship ended sooner than you would have liked. You may never understand why you lost a loved one. You may never understand why you went through something difficult or why your prayers didn’t get answered. But at some point, you have to decide to put your questions aside and go on with God.

We have to decide to trust His character even when our circumstances don’t make sense. The Bible tells us that adversity will come, but God is the one who promises to lead usinto victory. He has promised that He’s going to turn that difficulty around and use it for your advantage. He is faithful to His Word, and you can be sure that He will fulfill every promise He’s made to you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I choose to trust You with my unanswered questions. I release any doubt and confusion to You. Help me to focus on Your Word which is truth that sets me free. Thank You for Your goodness and for the blessings You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

10 May 2016 04:05 #1446 by DrMike
Divine Interruptions

Today’s Scripture

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5–6, NIV)

We all have times when our plans don’t work out. We get delayed, interrupted and inconvenienced. It’s easy to get frustrated and fight against everything that doesn’t go our way. But, not every interruption is bad. Every closed door doesn’t mean you’re doing something wrong. Every delay doesn’t mean you’re not where you’re supposed to be. There is something I call a divine interruption where God, on purpose, will delay us to protect us from an accident. On purpose, He will close a door because it’s not His best. Sometimes, God will allow us to be inconvenienced so we can help someone else in need. We have to be willing to press through difficultly so we can be at the right place at the right time.

The next time you’re interrupted, delayed or inconvenienced, don’t start thinking, “This is a pain. This is getting me off schedule.” No, get a new perspective. Look for what God wants to do because it could be divine interruption or divine protection. Trust Him today because He is directing your steps.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for choosing me. I surrender every area of my mind,will and emotions to You. Use me for Your glory today and teach me to discern Your ways in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

11 May 2016 04:05 #1447 by DrMike
Stir it Up

Today’s Scripture

“Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands.”(2 Timothy 1:6, NKJV)

Do you ever feel like you’ve lost your fire or enthusiasm for life? We all have times when we feel overwhelmed by pressures, but that’s when you need to stir up what God has placed on the inside of you.

Remember, there are no disadvantages with our God. You have everything you need to succeed. No weapon formed against you is ever going to prosper; you just have to stir up the gift inside. How do you stir it up? By speaking God’s truth and meditating on His word!

Start right now by simply declaring, “I am going to see God’s favor in a greater way. New doors are going to begin to open for me. Supernatural opportunities are coming my way. God is setting up divine connections for me. I’m always at the right place at the right time. I am going to overcome every obstacle and defeat every enemy. I’m going to see every dream, every desire that God has placed in my heart come to pass in Jesus’ name!”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the dreams, desires and gifts You’ve placed on the inside of me. I choose to stir up those gifts and declare what You say about me. Have Your way in my heart today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

12 May 2016 04:19 #1448 by DrMike
A Flood of Power

Today’s Scripture

“So [Israel] came up to Baal-perazim, and David smote [the Philistines] there. Then David said, God has broken my enemies by my hand, like the bursting forth of waters. Therefore they called the name of that place Baal-perazim [Lord of breaking through].” (1 Chronicles 14:11, AMP)

Notice how David likened God’s power to the bursting forth of waters. In other words, he described it as a flood. He was saying that when the God of the breakthrough shows up and releases His power, it will be like a flood of His goodness, a flood of His favor, a flood of healing, a flood of new opportunity.

Think about how powerful water is. Three or four inches of water can pick up a huge car that weighs thousands of pounds and move it all around. The news has even shown whole houses floating down the river in big floods. Nothing can stop the force of that water! Anything that’s in its way is moved!

Today, you may have difficulties that look extremely large, obstacles that look impassable, dreams that look unobtainable. But know this: when the God of the breakthrough releases a flood of His power, nothing can stop it. You need to get ready not for a trickle, not for a stream, not for a river. Get ready for a flood of God’s favor, a tidal wave of His goodness, a tsunami of His increase! Dare to believe that God is going to overwhelm you with victory in every area of your life today!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I invite You to overwhelm me with You today. Take over every area of my life; my thoughts, my attitude, my body. Flood me with Your healing, favor and strength today as I surrender my entire being to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

13 May 2016 04:06 #1449 by DrMike
Store it Up

Today’s Scripture

“Therefore know that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments.” (Deuteronomy 7:9, NKJV)

Jesus went before us and paved the way for victory. Because He lives, we can live in victory in this life and in eternity. Not only can we live in victory, we can help others live in victory, too. We can help the people around us, and we can help the people who are coming after us. We can store up mercy, peace and blessings for future generations.

The life we live should make it easier for the people after us. By living a life of excellence, we are leaving a mark for future generations. And really, that’s what matters most in eternity. It’s good to leave an inheritance, but the most valuable thing you can leave on this earth is a legacy of faith.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to focus on eternal things. I choose to store up a legacy of faith, mercy, excellence and hope for future generations. Help me, by Your Spirit, to live a life that honors You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

16 May 2016 04:09 #1450 by DrMike
For Your Good

Today’s Scripture

“And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.”(Romans 8:28, NLT)

Every person goes through disappointments and things that don’t seem to make sense. It’s easy to get discouraged and think, “Why did this happen to me?” “Why did my loved one not make it?” “Why did this person treat me wrong?” “Why did I get laid off?” A man recently told us how he lost his job after many years. He just didn’t understand it. He said, “I gave that company my best. I was always there on time. I was loyal. It’s just not right.”

We have to understand that even though life is not always fair, God is fair. He promises that He will work all things together for our good. The key word in today’s verse is “together.” In other words, don’t just isolate one part of your life and say, “Well, this is not good.” “It’s not good that I got laid off.” “It’s not good that my child got sick.” “It’s not good that my relationship didn’t work out.” Yes, that’s true, but that’s just one part of your life. God can see the big picture. That disappointment is not the end. Your life doesn’t stop because of one setback. That is simply one piece of your puzzle. There is another piece coming to connect it all because God promises to work all things together for your good!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for working all things together for my good. I choose to release any doubt, frustration or confusion over my past, and I choose to trust in You. Help me to see the big picture as I keep my mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.870 seconds