Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

24 Jun 2016 05:43 #1471 by DrMike
Overcoming Disappointments

Today’s Scripture

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.” (Isaiah 43:18, NIV)

The Bible tells us that every person, no matter how much faith they have, no matter how good they are, will face disappointments. It may be something simple like not getting the promotion you hoped for, or not closing a business deal you worked so hard on. Maybe you didn’t qualify for a house you really wanted, or maybe something more serious happened like a relationship not working out, the death of a loved one, or some kind of illness in your body. Whatever it may be, the reality is that we’re all going to suffer some setbacks. I believe one of the main keys to overcoming disappointments is learning to let go of the past.

If you feel “stuck” today, you may want to examine what you’re holding on to. Be willing let go of past disappointments by choosing forgiveness. Who hurt you? Who wronged you? Release it to God. Do you need to forgive yourself? Do you need to receive God’s forgiveness? Make the choice today to forgive. Let go of the past so you can overcome disappointments and experience the bright future God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, search my heart and mind today. Show me any area where I may be holding on to the past. Help me to receive Your forgiveness so that I can extend forgiveness to others and move forward in the wonderful plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jun 2016 07:35 #1472 by DrMike
His Plans are Greater

Today’s Scripture

“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”(Isaiah 55:9, NIV)

Have you been praying and standing on God’s Word for something and haven’t seen the results yet? Scripture says in John 11 verse 6, “When Jesus heard that Lazarus was sick, He stayed where He was two more days.” One translation says, “He sat down.” Now, that was the opposite response to what Lazarus’s family was looking for. “Jesus, don’t sit down when we need You the most.” In other words, “God, don’t sit down when my finances are this low.” “Don’t sit down when my problems are this big.” In the end, God not only healed Lazarus, He raised him from the dead!

Your mind may be telling you it’s over, it’s too late, it’s never going to happen. No, you’ve got to know there is a reason for the delay. God is planning something greater. You’re thinking of a healing; He is thinking of a resurrection. You may be thinking how I can survive, but God is thinking how you can thrive. Remember, His ways are higher than your ways, and you can trust that He is going to amaze you with His goodness in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to trust in You. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I release all of my cares and concerns to You knowing that You have a greater plan in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

28 Jun 2016 07:25 #1473 by DrMike
Finding Strength

Today’s Scripture

“But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”(Isaiah 40:31, NIV)

Do you need strength for today? The scripture tells us that when we hope in the Lord, that’s exactly what we will get—strength! If you’ve grown weary and tired, overwhelmed by the cares of this world, it’s a clear sign that you need to change what you’re putting your hope in. Are you putting your hope in your job? The government? The economy? Another person? All of these things will change. But when you hope in the Lord, you are investing in the Rock of Ages. He never changes! He is the only solid foundation for your soul.

Today, find strength by simply putting your hope in Him. Declare out loud, “God, I place my hope in You. I trust that You are working behind the scenes in my life. I choose to rest in You.” Then, feed your hope and faith by meditating daily on the scriptures. As you renew your mind with the Word of God, you’ll find strength, you’ll find hope, and you’ll find His victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for renewing my strength as I put my hope in You. I declare today that I love You and trust You. I know that You are working behind the scenes in my life. Fill me with Your peace and joy as I wait on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

29 Jun 2016 07:05 #1474 by DrMike
Be Devoted

Today’s Scripture

“Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.” (Romans 12:10, NIV)

What are you devoted to in your life? Being devoted to something is simply being loyal by giving of your time, affection and resources. Many people today are devoted to certain restaurants, television programs and even their cell phones. There’s nothing wrong with any of that, but we have to examine our own hearts and see if we are being devoted to the people God has placed in our lives. Are we honoring others above ourselves? The world’s system says to “look out for number one—yourself,” but God’s system says “look out for others, and I will look out for you.”

Today, as you examine your own heart and life, ask the Lord to show you ways that you can honor others. One way is by simply being faithful to your word. Be a person of integrity and honor. As you live your life devoted to one another and honoring others, you are actually honoring God. He will repay you for your kindness and reward you in this life and in eternity!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I want to be a person of honor. Teach me to be devoted to others the way You desire. Fill me with Your love and help me to focus on eternity. I bless You and thank You for Your goodness in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

30 Jun 2016 04:16 #1475 by DrMike
Brighter Days Ahead

Today’s Scripture

“The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day.”(Proverbs 4:18, NLT)

Are you facing a situation that seems dark today? As a believer, God promises that your path will shine brighter and brighter as you seek His truth and righteousness in every situation. What is righteousness? Righteousness is simply being in right standing with God. Being in right standing with God happens when you surrender every area of your life to Him. It’s about obeying His commands and seeking His plan for your life on a daily basis.

No matter what you may be facing today, take time to ask the Lord to shine His light on you. Ask Him to confirm His plan for you. As you continue pursuing His truth and righteousness, as you continue to make His Word a priority, you will experience more of Him and His blessings. You’ll see those brighter days as you move forward in the good plan He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I know that You have a wonderful plan and purpose for me. I desire to be in right standing with You. Show me Your ways and teach me to walk righteously before You. Shine Your light in my heart and give me strength to pursue the path You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

01 Jul 2016 04:20 #1476 by DrMike
Higher

Today’s Scripture

“From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”(Psalm 61:2, NIV)

Everyone goes through seasons of difficulty. We all face challenges and trials. Scripture tells us that in this world we will have trouble, but we can be encouraged today because He has overcome the world and disarmed it of the power to harm us! Greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world. His ways are higher than our ways, and He has promised to deliver us!

So many times, people feel stuck in their circumstances because they are looking at them from a natural perspective. This natural perspective is limited. It’s small. It’s only a fraction of what’s really going on. But if we’ll rise up to a higher level, we will see things the way God sees them. We’ll understand His purposes and see the way to victory!

Today, if you’re feeling overwhelmed, Jesus is the rock who is high above your circumstances. When you call on Him, He will be with you. He will lead you and guide you into the higher places He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I release every care and concern to You. Have Your way in my circumstances. Have Your way in me. Help me, Jesus, to come up higher in every area of my life with You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

04 Jul 2016 07:03 #1477 by DrMike
Get Ready for The New

Today’s Scripture

“And no one pours new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the new wine will burst the skins; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined.”(Luke 5:37, NIV)

Are you ready for a new chapter in your life? In order to move forward into the blessing God has for you, you have to be willing to let go of the old. The things that are behind you are not nearly as important as what is out in front of you. It’s time to get ready for the “new”!

You may have had some unfair things happen, things that you don’t understand; but you have come too far to stop now. Instead of allowing those things to hold you back, why don’t you let go and take a step of faith into the new? It’s time to get a new, bigger vision; it’s time to get a new, fresher outlook; it’s time to rise up with a new attitude! Instead of settling where you are, pick up and move forward. Have the attitude that says, “I may not understand it; it may not have been fair, but I am not getting stuck on this page. I know God has a new chapter for me—a chapter filled with blessings, favor and victory!”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Today, I choose to trust You with my past, present and future. Give me wisdom to discern the seasons of my life and teach me to embrace the new things You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

05 Jul 2016 03:45 #1478 by DrMike
Where Strength and Joy Are Found

Today’s Scripture

“Honor and majesty are [found] in His presence; strength and joy are [found] in His sanctuary.”(1 Chronicles 16:27, AMP)

Do you need more strength and joy in your life? The Bible tells us that in God’s presence, there is fullness of joy—the most abundant and complete! And when you have His joy, you have His supernatural strength. There’s nothing that can come against you when you are filled with the strength and joy of the Lord.

Notice this verse says that strength and joy are found in His sanctuary. One translation says they are found “where He is.” Do you know “where He is?” His Spirit is alive in every believer, and in His Word, He promises that He inhabits, or manifests, in the praises of His people. That means when you begin to praise and worship God, either corporately in a church setting or privately in your personal time, God is there. You are His sanctuary.

Anytime you feel depleted or overwhelmed by life, just begin to sing a song of praise to Him. Declare His goodness and faithfulness. Draw near to Him, and He will draw near to you. He’ll fill you with His joy and strength to live in victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Heavenly Father, I bless You today. I thank You for Your goodness in my life. Thank You for filling me with Your strength and joy as I praise and worship You this day in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

06 Jul 2016 03:54 #1479 by DrMike
Enjoy the Journey

Today’s Scripture

“But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day.”(Proverbs 4:18, ESV)

Oftentimes, people tend to get wrapped up and busy with things that don’t really matter in eternity. It’s easy to get consumed by your career and stay focused on your goals. It’s good to work hard, but you’ve got to learn how to play hard, too, so that you can stay in balance. I heard somebody say, “It’s not that life is so short, it’s that we wait so long to begin living.” If we want to truly enjoy the journey of life, we have to take time to stop and smell the roses.

Do you appreciate the people you love? Do you hug your children before you leave each day and give your spouse a kiss? When was the last time you called your parents to tell them how much you love them? That’s how we can enjoy the journey.

If you’ll stay determined to enjoy the journey of life, you’ll live with no regrets. You’ll see your path shine brighter and brighter, and at the end, you’ll be able to say, “I made the most of my life. I enjoyed my family. I enjoyed my friends. I finished my course with joy.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the people You have placed in my life. Teach me to enjoy my relationships more because they are all that matter in eternity. Help me to enjoy the journey of life as my path shines brighter and brighter until the full day in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

07 Jul 2016 03:36 #1480 by DrMike
A New Way of Thinking

Today’s Scripture

“And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins.”(Mark 2:22, NKJV)

Are you ready for increase? Are you ready to go to the next level spiritually, physically and emotionally? In today’s verse, Jesus is saying that you can’t go to a new level with an old way of thinking.

I’ve found that many people hear the truth that God has more in store for them, and something resonates on the inside. Their spirit comes into agreement with God. But oftentimes, their natural minds will try to talk them out it. Thoughts come like, “It’s not going to happen for you. You’re not going to have a great year. You know what the economy is like.” Or, “You’re never going to get well. You saw what the medical report said.” “You’re never going to get married. You’ve been single so long.”

Friend, those are the old wineskins that you have to get rid of. This is a new season. What’s happened in the past is over and done. You may have been through some disappointments, you may have tried and failed or things didn’t work out. That’s okay. We serve a God of restoration. It’s time to get a new vision for your life. It’s time to open yourself to a new way of thinking so that you can move forward and receive all of the blessings God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to get rid of old wineskins. I choose to release old thinking, old habits, and anything that would keep me from Your best. Strengthen me by Your Spirit so that I can live my life in a way that pleases You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds