Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

22 Jul 2016 03:48 #1491 by DrMike
He is a Rewarder

Today’s Scripture

“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” (Hebrews 11:6, NIV)

God is a rewarder! Notice this verse doesn’t say that God rewards those who “deserve” it or have “earned” it. It doesn’t say that God rewards those who act perfectly and never make mistakes. No, God’s blessing isn’t based on our performance, it’s based on our faith—our belief in Him and His goodness. In fact, one verse says that He longs to be good to those who are looking for His goodness.

Spend time today meditating on His goodness and dwelling on His faithfulness. Read His Word and spend time in the Psalms. Praise and thank Him for all He is doing and what He will do in your life. Let His Word shape your thoughts; and remember, He is a rewarder! Because He is good, He wants to bless you when you earnestly seek after Him!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for filling my heart and mind with faith. You are good, and You are a rewarder. I choose to put my trust in You knowing that You have blessings in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jul 2016 03:39 #1492 by DrMike
Thinking God’s Thoughts

Today’s Scripture

“No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit.”(1 Corinthians 2:11, NLT)

When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, God’s Spirit becomes one with us and makes His home in us. His thoughts and power dwell in us. One of the ways God empowers us is through our thinking and our imagination. He wants to direct our thoughts because our thoughts set the direction for our lives. If we think God’s thoughts, we will get God’s results.

How do we know which thoughts are God’s? Hebrews 4:12 tells us that the Word of God will make it clear. When your thoughts line up with His promises, you can be sure that you are thinking His thoughts!

Today, choose to focus on God’s Word which is His thoughts. Let Him empower you through your union with Him. Meditate on the Word and confess His promises over your life. Think God’s thoughts and see His results in your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I submit my mind, will and emotions to You. I choose to align myself with Your Word. Thank You for filling me with Your Holy Spirit and empowering me to live the life of victory You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

26 Jul 2016 04:05 #1493 by DrMike
Written on Your Heart

Today’s Scripture

“They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts...” (Romans 2:15, NLT)

In the Old Testament, God’s commands were written on stone tablets and kept in the tabernacle. Today, when we accept Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior, we become His temple. He lives in us and engraves His promises and commands on our hearts.

How do we know? This verse goes on to say that it’s because your conscience, or inner man, has a more powerful knowing of what is right and what is wrong. It becomes more clear what you should and shouldn’t do. Because you are drawn to follow the Word of God, you know that the Spirit of God is on the inside of you guiding and directing you. Every time you follow His leading, your ability to hear and know Him is strengthened. However, if you choose to bypass that prompting on the inside, your heart can become hardened which will affect your ability to hear Him in the future.

Make the decision today to follow that inner leading of the Spirit. He always has your best interest at heart. He wants you to stay close to Him. He wants you to follow Him which is why His promises are written on your heart!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for making Your home in me. I acknowledge that I am Your temple! Help me to clearly followYour leading all the days of my life that I may honor You in all I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

27 Jul 2016 03:48 #1494 by DrMike
Press Toward the Promise

Today’s Scripture

“...imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.” (Hebrews 6:12, NIV)

Are you facing a challenge today that seems overwhelming? Through faith and patience, God’s Word says that you will see His promises come to pass in your life. Understand that the enemy always fights the hardest when he knows you are closest to your breakthrough. He’d leave you alone if he thought you were going to live in mediocrity. But if you’ll keep pressing toward your promise and following the Word of God, you will get there. Don’t be like the Israelites in the Old Testament who were right next to their promised land when they talked themselves out of it. They said, “There are giants in the land. It’s too difficult.” No, don’t look at the obstacles in your life today; lift up your eyes because you serve Almighty God. Instead, follow the example of Abraham who believed God even when his circumstances looked impossible.

Remember, God rewards the people who seek after Him. Stand in faith and keep believing because God will take you places that you never dreamed. Press toward the promise!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I come to You today choosing to believe Your promises. I lift up my eyes to You, ready to receive Your strength. Fill me with Your faith and patience as I press toward Your promises in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

28 Jul 2016 03:30 #1495 by DrMike
As Your Soul Prospers

Today’s Scripture

“Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.” (3 John 1:2, NKJV)

In the New Testament, John prayed that we would prosper and be in health “as our souls prosper.” One translation says “as you are strong in spirit.” God wants your inner man to be strong and healthy because your internal condition affects your external condition. If you are healthy in your soul, you will be healthy in your relationships, finances and every area. On the other hand, if your internal condition is negative, sour and defeated, then your life will reflect the same thing.

How do you become strong and healthy in your soul? First of all, by receiving Jesus as your Lord and Savior and dedicating every area of your life to Him. Then, as you meditate on His Word and follow what He says, you are giving strength to your inner man. You are programming your mind and heart in the right direction. You are setting yourself up to prosper and be in health in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your goodness. Thank You for choosing me and setting me up to prosper in this life. Today, I dedicate every area of my heart and mind to You. Strengthen my inner man by Your Spirit today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

29 Jul 2016 03:43 #1496 by DrMike
Just Imagine

Today’s Scripture

“For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God’s except the Spirit of God.”(1 Corinthians 2:11, NIV)

When was the last time you imagined God doing something supernatural in your life? Is there a relationship that needs restoration? Is there a business you’ve wanted to start, but you are holding back? If there were no limitations on yourlife, if anything were possible, what would you be willing to imagine?

Friend, the only limits on your life are the limits you have in your mind, and God wants to do exceedingly more than you can even imagine today! He wants to overwhelm you with His goodness and amaze you with His faithfulness. But in order for Him to exceed what you’ve imagined, you have to at least be imagining something! Why don’t you take a step of faith today and let your imagination come to life? Begin to see in your mind all the possibilities for your future. Meditate on the amazing things God has done throughout history. Let that seed of faith take root in your heart. Hold on to His promises because He is faithful. He is able to exceed your expectations and go beyond what you can imagine today!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Today I submit my imagination to You. Help me to see what You see for my future. Help me to take the limits off of my thinking so that I can receive everything You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

01 Aug 2016 03:46 #1497 by DrMike
Abundant Life Today

Today’s Scripture

“...came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” (John 10:10, ESV)

Jesus came to give you abundant life! I’m not talking about living in the fanciest house or driving the newest car. No, His promise of abundant life goes way beyond material things that this world offers. Abundant life means “life to the full.” That means no matter what is going on around you, you can partake of the full blessings of God. You can have peace in the midst of a storm. You can have joy when things are uncertain. You can have hope when circumstances seem hopeless.
A lot of times it’s easy, as believers, to look at that verse and think, “God is going to give me abundant life someday.” But the truth is that God wants you to have abundant life TODAY!

Don’t waste another second living in mediocrity or settling for less than God’s best. Receive all He has for you by faith today. Receive His hope, joy, strength and favor. Choose to live the abundant life today and every day!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, so that I can have eternal life. I know that You want the best for me. Help me to keep my heart and mind focused on You so that I can walk in Your ways all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

02 Aug 2016 06:47 #1498 by DrMike
Grace and Peace to You

Today’s Scripture

“May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.” (2 Thessalonians 1:2, NLT)

Grace and peace are powerful forces in the life of the believer. Grace empowers us, and peace directs us. It’s like this: grace is the gas and peace is the navigation system. You need both to reach your destination.

The Bible tells us that we are saved by God’s grace through faith. We don’t deserve it and can’t do anything to earn His grace, but He gives it to us anyway. Grace opens the door to salvation, but it doesn’t stop there. His grace is also supernatural empowerment to live the life God has called us to here on earth.

Peace is every bit as powerful. It’s not just a feeling; it’s a state of being. Peace literally means “to set at one again.” When we are at one with the Father in thought, word and deed, we can physically feel it on the inside. We are settled internally. And nothing external can move us from our position of peace.

Today, receive His grace and peace and let them carry you into the life of victory He has ordained for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your grace and peace at work in my life. I choose to stand and follow Your Word. Thank You for guiding me into the life of blessing You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

03 Aug 2016 03:39 #1499 by DrMike
Grace Abounds

Today’s Scripture

“And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.” (2 Corinthians 9:8, NIV)

What is it that you have need of today? Remember, we serve a God of abundance. Our God is always more than enough. No matter what is on your “plate of life,” God wants to empower you with His grace.

One meaning of the word “grace” is God’s good will, loving-kindness and favor. His grace, His good will is what keeps us. His favor strengthens us and causes us to increase. He’s already extending that grace to you right now. All you have to do is open your heart and humbly receive it by faith.

Notice in this verse that when He pours out His grace on you, you will have all that you need at all times...that’s living in abundance. When you are living in abundance, you are equipped to pour out that goodness and blessing on those around you. Abundant grace leads to abundant living, and abundant living leads to abundant giving! Today, receive His grace because it abounds to you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I humbly come before You. I surrender my heart, my will, mind and emotions to You. I ask that You pour out Your grace on me today and equip me for every good work in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

04 Aug 2016 03:33 #1500 by DrMike
Right Now He’s Working on Your Behalf

Today’s Scripture

“We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28, NIV)

God is always working behind the scenes in your life! No matter what you may be facing, no matter what trial you may be going through, God has a plan to turn things around in your favor. You are called according to His purpose; so right now, He is working out a plan for your good. Right now, He is orchestrating the right people to come across your path. He is orchestrating the right opportunities for you. You may not see it in the natural, but look with your eyes of faith today. Show your love for the Father by your obedience to His Word. Come before Him with an open and humble heart trusting that He is guiding you. Keep standing. Keep believing. Keep hoping. Keep declaring His Word. Meditate on His goodness, knowing that He is at work right now and rewards the people who seek after Him.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Thank You for working all things together for my good. Give me Your strength and peace today and fill me with Your faith that overcomes the world in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds