Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

19 Aug 2016 03:36 #1511 by DrMike
Healing Words

Today’s Scripture

“The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.”(Proverbs 12:18, NIV)

The Bible tells us that life and death are in the power of our words. We can use our words to build people up and encourage them, or we can just as easily bring them down. When we use our words to bring healing, the Bible says that we are wise.
Choose to be wise today and choose healing words. Look for the best in others and build them up. Choose life-giving words over gossip; choose words of freedom and peace over anger and judgment. Let your words encourage others by speaking strength, hope and victory.

Remember, words are seeds. When you use your words to bring healing, you’ll reap a harvest of health,strength and life in return.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to be wise and bring healing to others with my words. I ask for an increase of Your power and ability in my life so that I can live to honor You in all I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Aug 2016 03:53 #1512 by DrMike
Friend of God

Today’s Scripture

“And the scripture was fulfilled that says, ‘Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,’ and he was called God’s friend.”(James 2:23, NIV)

The all-knowing, all-powerful Creator of the universe wants to be your friend today! He wants to walk with you, talk with you and simply share life with you. That’s why He created you—first and foremost, for His fellowship. It’s as simple as opening your heart of faith to Him just like Abraham did.

The Bible says that God is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. That means He is always faithful and true. People may let you down, but God will never let you down. He will never leave you. He will never forsake you. He is with you always. He is mindful of you; He is always thinking of you.

What an honor and privilege it is to be called God’s friend! Let that sink down into your heart today. The next time the enemy tries to tell you that you are alone in this world, or no one understands what you are going through, just say out loud, “I am a friend of God!”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being my friend today. Thank You for loving me and being faithful to me. Help me understand Your friendship so that I can be a better friend to those around men in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

23 Aug 2016 04:15 #1513 by DrMike
Filled to Overflowing!

Today’s Scripture

“Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.”(Proverbs 3:9–10, NIV)

God wants you to be blessed and successful in this life. He desires to multiply and increase you so that you can be a blessing to other people. He wants to fill you to overflowing. In other words, He wants you to have so much that you can’t help but bless the people around you!

God’s very nature is giving. All throughout scripture, we see that giving is a demonstration of His love. When you are a giver, you are displaying who He is and reflecting His character. Notice that when you give to God first, it opens the door to God’s overflowing blessing. He promises to increase you so much that you can’t even contain it. You will be in a position to bless others and communicate His love everywhere you go. Today, I encourage you to be faithful and honor the Lord with the first fruits of your income and get ready to be filled to overflowing!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I commit every area of my life to You, including my finances. I know that Your system is the only system for true success. I choose to be faithful to Your Word and thank You for blessing me in return in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

24 Aug 2016 04:05 #1514 by DrMike
Power in Perspective

Today’s Scripture

“I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.”(Psalm 34:1, NKJV)

It’s easy to get focused on what’s wrong in life, what we don’t have, and how big our obstacles are. If we’re not careful, we’ll lose sight of all the good things God has done. We’ll take for granted our family, friends, health and the opportunities God has blessed us with. We’ll get so busy and stressed out that we won’t appreciate the gift of today. What’s happened? Our perspective has gotten off.

Perspective is all about how we see a situation. There’s power in your perspective because you will draw into your life what you constantly meditate on. Business may be slow. The economy may be down. The wrong perspective is, “I’ll never make it. It’s just too much.” The right perspective is, “God is supplying all of my needs. He said He would prosper me even in a desert.”

Today, I encourage you to evaluate your perspective. Choose to lift your eyes to God no matter what is happening in your circumstances. Remember, as you set your perspective in the right direction, your life will follow. When you keep an attitude of faith and expectancy, you open the door for His blessing in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I choose to bless You at all times. I declare that You are faithful! I lift my eyes to You because You are the source of my help, strength and joy forevermore. Thank You for leading and guiding mefor Your glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

25 Aug 2016 03:41 #1515 by DrMike
Persevere Until You See the Promise

Today’s Scripture

“You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.” (Hebrews 10:36, NIV)

What are you believing God for today? Provision? Healing? Restoration? Deliverance? God has promised all of these things to you in His Word because it’s His desire for you to live in blessing and wholeness.

When you follow the will of God by obeying His Word and precepts, it opens the door for His promises to be fulfilled in your life. You may be doing all of the right things today—don’t give up! Perseverance will carry you to the promise.

Perseverance means that you are focused, that you are believing what God says about your situation. It’s looking away from distractions and any negative, defeating thoughts. Perseverance looks away from discouragement and looks to the Word of God. Perseverance has a voice, and it says things like, “No weapon formed against me shall prosper! If God is for me, who can be against me? I am more than a conqueror through Jesus!”

Whatever you are believing for today, keep believing! Stand strong and fight the good fight of faith. Ask God to give you endurance,perseverance and patience so that you can see His promises fulfilled in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your good promises to me. I ask that You give me a heart that is steadfast and fixed on You. Fill me with Your peace and perseverance so I can live in victory all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

26 Aug 2016 06:19 #1516 by DrMike
Transformed

Today’s Scripture

“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”(Romans 12:2, NIV)

Most people have things in their lives that they want to change—old habits, addictions or something they want to overcome. The world offers so many “solutions” to improve your life; but really, the only way we are truly changed, the only way to be permanently transformed is by renewing your mind with the Word of God.

The scripture tells us that we shouldn’t follow the pattern of the world. What is the pattern of the world? It’s the constant striving to do more, be more and have more that only leads to weariness, emptiness and frustration. That’s not what God intends! Instead, focus your thoughts on the Word of God because when you make the Word your number one focus, something supernatural takes place.

Only you can control the doorway to your mind. Nobody can do this for you. You choose what you meditate on and what you set before your eyes. I encourage you to stay on the offensive and diligently guard your mind and heart because when you do things God’s way, you get God’s results—life, peace and joy!

A Prayer for Today

“God, today I submit myself to You and to Your Word. I invite You to transform me into Your image. Help me to make wise choices and keep me close to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

29 Aug 2016 06:54 #1517 by DrMike
He Laughs in the Heavens

Today’s Scripture

“He Who sits in the heavens laughs...” (Psalm 2:4, AMP)

Have you ever imagined God laughing in the heavens? Think about that for a moment. Right now, God is on the throne. He’s not mad. He’s not worried about the economy. He’s not upset with you and me. God is full of joy and laughing on the throne. It goes on to tell us in Psalm 37 that He’s laughing because “He can see the destruction of the enemy coming.” In other words, the reason God laughs is because He knows the end of the story. He knows the final outcome. The good news is that you and I win. God always causes us to triumph!

Imagine watching the Super Bowl when you already know the outcome. You already know who is going to win. No matter how far behind the winning team falls, no matter how bad it looks for them, you wouldn’t get upset. You wouldn’t be worried. Why? You’ve got inside information. You know the final outcome. That’s what God is saying to us today. When it gets tough and things don’t look like they’re going to work out, we know that with God we are on the winning team! Today, you can laugh with Him knowing that He has favor, strength and victory in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I choose to rest and trust in You. Thank You for bringing victory in every area of my life. Give me opportunities today to share Your joy and love with the people around me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

30 Aug 2016 04:01 #1518 by DrMike
Choose Joy

Today’s Scripture

“This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.”(Psalm 118:24, NLT)

Happiness isn’t just a random feeling; happiness is a choice. It’s a decision that we have to make each and every day. All throughout life, you’re going to have plenty of opportunities to lose your joy. We all go through disappointments. We all have times when things don’t go our way. It’s easy to let circumstances make us sour and dejected until we end up just going through the motions of day-to-day living. But if you’re going to live in victory, if you’re going to thrive the way God intends, you’ve got to make the decision that you’re going to enjoy your life. You can choose to be happy in spite of your circumstances, every single day.

Today, remember, this is the day that the Lord has made! Rejoice and be glad in it! As you choose joy, you are tapping into His strength which will carry you to victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for another day to bless and serve You. I choose to rejoice no matter what comes my way. Thank You for Your peace and strength to overcome in every area of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

31 Aug 2016 07:44 #1519 by DrMike
He Gives Strength

Today’s Scripture

“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” (Isaiah 40:29, NIV)

Oftentimes, when we are facing a difficulty, it’s easy to become weary in our minds and emotions. Trying to figure it all out in our own strength can be exhausting. But we weren’t meant to try to figure everything out, we were meant to trust. We were meant to call on Him and let Him be the hero of our story!

The Bible says in Isaiah that when you cry to God for help, as soon as He hears, He will answer you! He will give you strength when you are weary and increase your power when you feel weak. No matter what is going on in your life today, God is greater than any obstacle or difficulty you may be facing. Do you need strength to overcome a challenge in your life? Do you needpower to stand strong in the midst of a storm? Call on Him and He will hear you. Open your heart, and by faith, receive His strength and might. Let Him empower you to live in victory and overcome all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for hearing and answering my prayers. Fill me with Your strength and power today. I trust that You are working things out for my good as I surrender every area of my life to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

01 Sep 2016 03:34 #1520 by DrMike
Observe to Do

Today’s Scripture

“Be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go.”(Joshua 1:7, NKJV)

The Bible has a lot to say about prosperity. Prosperity simply means thriving, vibrant and alive. It’s a picture of vitality. When you are prosperous, you have more than enough to give to others. That means more peace, more grace, more hope, more love.
The key to receiving all these spiritual blessings is found in today’s verse. When we “observe to do” what God has commanded, we are setting ourselves up for success. We are engaging in His system of doing things; and when we do things God’s way, we get God’s results!

Today, “observe to do” what God has commanded. Invite Him to search your heart and mind and remove anything that is displeasing to Him. Put Him first because when you make Him your number one priority, you are setting yourself up to prosper wherever you go!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your Word which is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I choose to put You first place in every area of my life. I submit myself to Your Word that I may follow You and be blessed in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds