Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

01 Jun 2016 04:05 #1461 by DrMike
Move Past Your Mountain

Today’s Scripture

“...you have stayed long enough at this mountain.”(Deuteronomy 1:6, NIV)

Let me ask you, do you go out each day knowing that favor is already in your future? Or, have you gotten stuck in a rut staring at a mountain of disappointment, setbacks or difficulty?

That’s what happened to the people of Israel. They were headed toward their promised land. They had big goals and big dreams, but along the way, they hit some setbacks and had some disappointments. They got so discouraged that they gave up on their dreams and just settled where they were. One day God said to them, “You have dwelt long enough on this mountain.” He was saying, “It’s time to move past this and embrace the blessing in your future.”

I believe God is saying that to each one of us today. You’ve been where you are long enough. God is saying, “This is a new day. Get your fire back. Where you are is not where you’re supposed to stay.” If you’ll be determined to move past your mountain, He will lead you and empower you to live in favor and blessing in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Heavenly Father, I give to You every area of my heart. I give You my questions, my disappointments, mydoubts and fears. I choose to trade my sorrow for Your joy. I choose to press past my mountains so that I can embrace the promises You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Jun 2016 06:52 #1462 by DrMike
God-Ordained Moments

Today’s Scripture

“‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’”(Jeremiah 29:11, NIV)

God created every one of us to be successful. Before the foundations of the world, He laid out an exact plan for your life. In this plan, He has marked moments that are going to come across your path. These moments are not ordinary. They are destiny-altering moments. They are designed to thrust you years ahead.

It says in Ecclesiastes that “time and chance come together for every person.” That means you’ll have opportunities to meet the right people, opportunities to advance in your career, and opportunities to fulfill your dreams. God has already prearranged times of increase and blessing. You may not see a lot of good breaks right now, but be encouraged because there are seasons of favor and increase marked for your future!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for ordering my steps. Thank You for making a way when there seems to be no way. I choose to step out today with faith and expectancy knowing that You have marked moments for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

03 Jun 2016 03:39 #1463 by DrMike
Your Story Ends in Victory

Today’s Scripture

“You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.”(Psalm 139:16, NLT)

Did you know that all of your days have already been written? God has already recorded every part of your life from the beginning to the end. He knows every disappointment, everyloss and every challenge. The good news is that even though you’ve had some challenges, even though you’ve faced some setbacks, your story ends in victory. Your final chapter concludes with you fulfilling your God-given destiny and experiencing His eternal restoration.

Any time we face a disappointment in life or go through a loss, we have to remember that there’s another chapter in front of us. We can’t stop on that page, we have to keep moving forward. Instead of focusing on what didn’t work out, wondering why we went through a marriage that didn’t last, or why we didn’t get that position we worked so hard for, focus on the future. Let go of the past and press forward because your story ends in victory, and God will restore everything that has been stolen from you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for setting me up for victory. Thank You for holding me in the palm of Your hand. I choose to release the questions and disappointments of the past so that I can be ready to receive the victory You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

06 Jun 2016 03:50 #1464 by DrMike
Resist Fear

Today’s Scripture

“Withstand him; be firm in faith [against his onset—rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined]...”(1 Peter 5:9, AMP)

The very moment you first feel fear, you have to resist it and act against it. If you make the mistake of dwelling on your fears and start thinking about all the reasons why you can’t do what God is telling you to do, then it won’t be long before you develop a negative mindset that will keep you stuck right where you are.

In the Bible, when God told David to go fight Goliath, it says that David moved quickly toward the battlefield. In other words, he didn’t think about it. He didn’t allow fear to grip his heart and talk him out of it. He just did what God wanted him to do.
So many people today are just sitting on the sidelines of life. They have tremendous potential on the inside, but they keep letting the enemy talk them out of doing what God wants them to do. Every time they get a vision of victory for their life, the enemy brings fear; and they just swallow his lies hook, line and sinker. Don’t let that be you! Instead, obey quickly. Resist fear and boldly embrace every blessing the Lord has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I resist fear. I choose to receive Your love. I believe that with You, all things are possible. Thank You for giving me the power to live in victory in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

09 Jun 2016 04:21 #1465 by DrMike
Open Your Mouth

Today’s Scripture

“...Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it...” (Psalm 81:10, NLT)

Do you have your mouth open wide today? In other words, are you expecting God to fill you and increase you beyond measure? Are ready for Him to satisfy your needs and desires with good things? Think about a baby bird. When they are ready to eat, they open their mouths wide. They trust that they will be fed. They expect it. They look for it. They are ready for it.

It should be the same way with us. We need to keep our spiritual mouths open by expecting the goodness of God to satisfy us. Negative thinking is like closing your mouth. A closed mouth can’t be filled. But Jesus is saying today, why don’t you take the limits off? Why don’t you trust and believe for supernatural opportunities?

That little bird waiting for food isn’t concerned about where the mother is going to get it from. It isn’t concerned about how she’s going to dig it up. No, that bird just opens its mouth, trusting and waiting. Why don’t you do the same today? Trust that God is working behind the scenes. Open your mouth wide today, you won’t be disappointed. God is faithful to His Word, and He will fill you and satisfy you when you put your trust in Him!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I come to You today, asking You to fill my mouth. I choose to trust You even when I don’t understand how everything is going to work out. I know that You are a good God with a good plan for my life. Fill me with Your peace and patience as I humbly wait on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

10 Jun 2016 04:20 #1466 by DrMike
Be an Imitator of God

Today’s Scripture

“Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”(Ephesians 5:1–2, ESV)

Have you ever spent time with a small child or baby and had them mimic your every sound or action? Tothem it’s a fun game, but internally, they are learning by watching and copying everything you do. They just observe and do the same thing. That’s because we are all wired to be imitators.

Even as adults, just like little children, we are all still imitators. So many people today end up imitating what they see in the world, on TV, in the news and magazines. But scripture tells us that we are to be imitators of God and follow His example of love.
If you need to make a change in your life today, change what you are imitating. Change your focus. The more you focus on the Word, the more you will imitate God. When you do things God’s way, you will get God’s results—peace, joy and blessing all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I choose to put You first in my life and imitate You. I set aside the things of the world and invite You to search my heart and mind. Give me Your heart of love and let me be an example of Your goodness in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

13 Jun 2016 06:42 #1467 by DrMike
The Great Reward

Today’s Scripture

“So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you!” (Hebrews 10:35, NLT)

What are you believing God for today? Promotion? Healing? Stronger relationships? Freedom from addiction? God has promised all these things to you in His Word. He wants you to live in blessing and wholeness all the days of your life. But in order to experience His promises, we have to do our part. We have to keep believing and trusting in Him. That’s what today’s verse is saying: if we will stay infaith, if we will keep believing, keep hoping, and keep doing the right thing, God promises there will be a reward. One translation says, “Don’t get discouraged. Payday is coming!”

When you’re tempted to get down, when things aren’t going your way, just say to yourself, “This may be hard. It may be taking a long time, but I know God is a faithful God. I’m going to keep believing because my reward is coming.”

As you trust Him and stand in faith, as you boldly declare His promises, you are positioning yourself to receive His blessing. No matter what your circumstances look like, remember, payday is on its way! Stand firm and experience the blessing and reward He’s promised you all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your good and faithful promises. I choose to trust that my reward is coming. Give me a heart that is fixed on You and fill me with Your peace as I patiently wait on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Please note Dr. Mike is having surgery this morning..The daily devotionals will resume Thursday or Frida. Keep him in your prayers. Thank you!

21 Jun 2016 16:34 #1468 by DrMike
The Most Blessed

Today’s Scripture

“Where there is no vision [no revelation of God and His word], the people are unrestrained; but happy and blessed is he who keeps the law [of God].”(Proverbs 29:18, AMP)

God wants His people to be the most blessed! But in order to partake of everything He has in store for us, we have to be open to what He wants to do in our lives. We have to have a vision forincrease and a heart to obey Him.

If you’re not expectingfavor, if you’re just satisfied where you are, then you are living below your privileges. But if you will get a vision for increase, a vision of who you are as a child of the Most High God, then opportunities, favor and increase will open before you. Just like this scripture says, as a child of the Most High, you are entitled to be the most blessed!

I encourage you today to taketime to focus your thoughts on God and His promises. Meditate on His Word and ask Him to increase your capacity to receive. Then, follow His commands and look for His goodness—and get ready to be the most blessed!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I choose right now to set my focus on You. I choose to look for what You want to do in and through me. I let go of any wrong thinking, attitudes or actions that would hold me back. I choose to obey You and thank You for Your blessing in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

22 Jun 2016 05:30 #1469 by DrMike
The God of More than Enough

Today’s Scripture

“...the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, ‘I am Almighty God...” (Genesis 17:1, NKJV)

Do you need more peace, joy, or provision in your life? We serve a God who is more than enough and He has more than enough!

The original Hebrew word in this verse is El Shaddai which means “the All-Sufficient One” or the God of plenty. In other words, our God is more than enough! He’s not worried about how He’s going to meet your needs. He’s not wondering how He’s going to provide for you; He’s already overflowing with everything you need in this life, and He longs to bless you. Do you know why? He wants to bless you abundantly so that you can turn around and be a blessing to other people. He wants you to be His reflection in the earth.

Today, keep an attitude of faith and expectancy. Remember, you serve the Almighty God. He promises to supply all your needs because He is El Shaddai, the God of more than enough!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I believe that You are the God of more than enough. Today, I receive Your Word and choose to have an attitude of faith and expectancy. Thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness to me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

23 Jun 2016 06:52 #1470 by DrMike
Setup for a Comeback

Today’s Scripture

“For though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again...” (Proverbs 24:16, NIV)

Life is full of things that try to push us down. We all face disappointments and setbacks. Maybe you got some bad news concerning your health, or maybe a relationship didn’t work out. That was a setback. It’s easy to get discouraged, lose your enthusiasm, or even be tempted to just settle where you are. But if we’re going to see God’s best, we have to have a “bounce-back” mentality. That means when you get knocked down, you don’t stay down. You get back up again. You have to know that every time adversity comes against you, it’s a setup for a comeback!

Remember, as a believer, the same power that raised Christ from the dead lives on the inside of you. There is no challenge too difficult, no obstacle too high, no sickness, no disappointment, no person, nothing that can keep you from your God-given destiny. If you stay in faith and keep a good attitude, you will rise again. God will turn those stumbling blocks into stepping stones, and you’ll move forward into His victory!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for setting me up for success in everything I do. I choose to trust and rely on You knowing that Your plans are for my good. I know my best days are up ahead, and I look forward to the blessings You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.835 seconds