Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

05 Aug 2016 04:06 #1501 by DrMike
Established in Love

Today’s Scripture

“...May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love.” (Ephesians 3:17, AMP)

There is tremendous power in love!In the same way that a tree will grow taller and stronger when its roots grow deep, you will be stronger and rise higher when you are rooted and established in love.

How do you establish yourself in love? It starts by making a choice. When you choose to say “yes” to love, you are saying “yes” to everything God is because God is love! Then,everyday choose to love through your actions by modeling your life according to I Corinthians 13. That means choosing to be patient and kind. It means not seeking your own way, not being jealous or boastful. When you choose love, you are showing the world that God is first place in your life. The more you choose to walk in love, the deeper and stronger your roots will grow.

Remember, love is the greatest thing. It is all that will last in eternity. Choose to establish yourself in love and let it be firm within you. Let His love build security in you and empower you to live the life of blessing He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, establish me in Your love. Show me how to love others the way You love me. Thank You for setting me free and empowering me to live the overcoming life You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Aug 2016 03:49 #1502 by DrMike
Know What You’re Not

Today’s Scripture

“If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.” (1 Corinthians 12: 17–18, NIV)

In the New Testament, John was baptizing a crowd of people and drawing a lot of attention. Somebody came up and said, “John, are you the Christ or should we keep looking?” Without missing a beat, John said, “No, I am not the Messiah.” John knew who he was, but he also knew who he was not. It’s just as important to know who or what you are not because if you don’t realize your limitations, you’ll get drawn into areas that may look impressive and feed your ego, but they are outside of your gifts and callings or outside of what God anointed you to do.

Anytime you go outside of your limitations, it will be a constant struggle. Don’t let that be you! Instead, stay focused on what you’re good at. Follow peace in your heart and know your limitations because God has created you just the way He wants you to be, and He knows exactly what He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me. Thank You for choosing me. I ask that You help me to know my limitations. Help me to walk in my place in the body of Christ so that I can bring glory and honor to You in Jesus name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

09 Aug 2016 03:43 #1503 by DrMike
His Grace is Enough

Today’s Scripture

“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.”(Ephesians 2:8–9, ESV)

People often wonder if they deserve God’s favor. They easily talk and sing about His amazing grace, but do you know what grace really is? It’s unmerited favor. It’s kindness from God that we don’t deserve. We don’t have to earn God’s grace; we don’t have to earn favor. We simply receive it by faith in our hearts as a free gift. No matter what has happened in your past, you can receive God’s grace and forgiveness. His grace is all you need to have a new beginning.

Today, let His grace empower and strengthen you. Extend His grace to others. Instead of holding mistakes over other people’s heads, why don’t you hold out favor and forgiveness? Let God’s grace flow through you and experience His power increasing in you. Walk in His favor in greater ways and embrace the life of victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your goodness, favor and grace. I receive it and ask that You help me extend it to others. Let me live as an example of Your love in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

10 Aug 2016 03:32 #1504 by DrMike
God-given Dreams

Today’s Scripture

“A man’s mind plans his way [as he journeys through life], but the Lord directs his steps and establishes them.”(Proverbs 16:9, AMP)

Oftentimes, children have dreams for the future—dreams of being ball players, actresses,super heroes and firemen. But most of the time, those dreams end up just being wishful thinking. As we get older, we grow out of them.

It’s good to play and have dreams as children, but when we grow up, we have to know the difference between a God-given dream and a wish. I remember when I was a little boy, I dreamed of playing basketball for the Houston Rockets. That was definitely a fantasy! Beyond our wishes though, we all have dreams placed inside of us by the Creator of the universe. In fact, the Latin word for “desire” means “from the Father.” One way to tell if a dream is really from God is that the desire won’t go away. You may have had it for years, but you still can’t let it go. In fact, you may have tried to let it go, but it won’t let go of you.

Today, search your heart and allow those God-given dreams to surface. Remember, He placed those desires inside of you for a purpose. Ask Him to order your steps as you embrace the destiny He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the dreams and desires You’ve placed within me. I submit them to You and ask that You direct my steps. Search my heart and cause my thoughts to become agreeable to Your Word and to the plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

11 Aug 2016 03:38 #1505 by DrMike
Set Yourself in the Direction of Peace

Today’s Scripture

“You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed
on you, because he trusts in You.”(Isaiah 26:3, NKJV)

Are you frustrated or upset over something? Maybe fighting off discouragement? The first question to ask yourself is “What am I thinking about?”

If you’re thinking about your problems all of the time or thinking about how impossible everything is, then your life is going to follow a negative direction. However, when you get your mind going in the right direction, when you focus your thoughts on the Word of God, then you are setting yourself in the direction of peace.

Today, keep your mind focused on the Father and meditate on His Word. As you set your thoughts in the right direction, your life will head in the right direction, and you’ll take hold of the peace and victory He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for peace that passes understanding. I choose to focus on Your Word and set my heart on You. I set myself in the direction of peace knowing that You will order my every step in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

12 Aug 2016 04:14 #1506 by DrMike
Blessing Your Future

Today’s Scripture

“And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right!”(James 3:10, NLT)

Did you know you have the power to bless or curse your future? Your words have tremendous power. If you go around saying things like “I don’t have what it takes. I’m so clumsy; I can’t get anything right. I’m so undisciplined. I’ll probably never lose this weight,” you just cursed your future. No, we’ve got to be extremely careful about what we allowto come out of our mouths. Realize your words are setting the direction for your life. Let me ask you today, which direction are you going? Are you declaring good things? Are you blessing your life, speaking words of faith over your future? Or, are you going around saying negative things like “Nothing good ever happens to me. I’ll probably never get out of debt. I’ll never break this addiction?”

Today, choose to bless your future. Choose to declare what God says. As you align your words with His Word, you’re setting your future up for success. You’re preparing your way for victory, and you will fulfill the destiny He has planned for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I choose to speak blessing and life over my future. Thank You for equipping me with everything I need to fulfill the destiny You have prepared for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

15 Aug 2016 03:49 #1507 by DrMike
Make Right Connections

Today’s Scripture

“One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” (Proverbs 18:24, NIV)

Your destiny is too big to accomplish on your own. God has already arranged for certain people to come along side of you and speak faith into you. He has already placed in your path people who will inspire you, challenge you, and help you accomplish your dreams. But some people never reach their highest potential because they never get away from the wrong people.

Recognize today that not everyone can go where God is taking you. You’ve got to connect with people who understand your destiny and can call forth your seeds of greatness. You don’t have time to spend on people who are always pushing you down, telling you what you can’t do, or who refuse to give you their approval no matter how hard you try. Life is too short to drag people along. If you will get the wrong people out of your life, then God will help you make the right connections so you can fulfill the destiny He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for placing godly people in my life. Help me to discern the right connections You have for me. Give mestrength to release the wrong relationships so I have room in my life for the people You have chosen to connect with me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

16 Aug 2016 04:00 #1508 by DrMike
In the Morning

Today’s Scripture

“In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.”(Psalm 5:3, NIV)

In the Bible, David was called a man after God’s own heart. He knew God and saw amazing miracles throughout his life. But notice in this verse what David did. He set the tone for his whole day by spending time with the Lord in the morning. It didn’t matter what was going on in his life, David had his priorities set. Even though he was mistreated by his family, manipulated, made fun of, hunted down by King Saul, and even made some major mistakes on his own, David realized that each morning held the promise of new hope.

Just like David, if you’ll make spending time with God a priority in your life, you will see Him move mightily on your behalf. Make it a habit to seek Him first every single day no matter what is happening. Set the tone for your day and set your course for victory!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I choose to put You first in everything that I do. I choose to set the tone for my day by starting it with You. Draw me close to You and empower me by Your Spirit to fulfill the dreams and destiny that You have placed within me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

17 Aug 2016 04:05 #1509 by DrMike
The Beginning of Wisdom

Today’s Scripture

“The reverent fear and worship of theLord is the beginning of Wisdom...”(Psalm 111:10, AMP)

People say knowledge is power, but true power comes from God and doing things His way. That’s wisdom. Today’s verse tells us that the reverent fear and worship of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. The word fear in this instance doesn’t mean “to be afraid;” it means to honor and respect. It means that we honor Him because He is God. When you truly respect Him for who He is and worship Him out of a grateful heart, His supernatural wisdom will operate in your life. You’ll know just what to do in difficult situations, and you’ll be a voice of godly counsel among your friends and family. Worship Him alone and always put Him first because that is the beginning of wisdom!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I choose today to honor and worship You. I choose to put You first in my life. Thank You for filling me with Your wisdom. Help me make wise choices and honor You in all that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

18 Aug 2016 04:09 #1510 by DrMike
Glorified in You

Today’s Scripture

“We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.” (2 Thessalonians 1:12, NIV)

God wants to be glorified in you! How is He glorified in you? Most people think of glorifying God through praise and worship. Yes, that’s one way, but you can glorify Him in many other ways, too. For example, when you are living at your best, you are glorifying God. When you are successful, filled with peace and joy, and moving forward, you are a testimony to His goodness. When you choose to do the right thing, even when the wrong thing is happening around you, that brings honor to your Father in heaven. When you put God first in everything you do, He will be glorified in you.

Notice what else this verse tells us: God wants you to be glorified in Him, too. In other words, when you honor God, He will honor you. He will lift you up and bless you in ways you never imagined.

Today, remember you were created for a higher purpose. You were created for His glory. You are a reflection of Him. Let your life, words, thoughts and actions honor Him so that He may be glorified in you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, what an honor it is to be chosen for Your glory. Today, I submit every area of my being to You. Have Your way in me and let everything I do bring glory and honor to You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds