Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

17 May 2016 04:09 #1451 by DrMike
More than Enough

Today’s Scripture

“In times of disaster they will not wither; in days of famine they will enjoy plenty.”(Psalm 37:19, NIV)

We serve the God of more than enough! It doesn’t matter what’s happening around you; it doesn’t matter what’s happening in the economy; it doesn’t matter what’s happening in the stock market, God is able to provide for you. Notice today’s verse doesn’t just say He’ll help you barely get by; no, it says that in days of famine His people will enjoy plenty.

The key is that we have to get our minds off of this natural, earthly realm and start setting our minds on things above. Remember, there is no recession in heaven, but if you aren’t investing in God’s economy, you won’t see the reward He has for you. Take a step of faith today and sow a seed. Ask God how you can be a blessing to others. Remember, you are a stewardover His resources. When you choose to be obedient to Him, you will eat the good of the land. And when you tap into God’s economy by obeying His Word, you will have His results—more than enough!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the resources You have given to me. Thank You for trusting me to be Your representative in the earth and for giving me more than enough. Show me how to handle the blessings You’ve given me so that I can please You in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 May 2016 03:51 #1452 by DrMike
Blameless

Today’s Scripture

“For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth to show Himself strong in behalf of those whose hearts are blameless toward Him...”(2 Chronicles 16:9, AMP)

Are you looking for God to move in your life today? The Bible says that God is actually looking to show Himself strong in the earth. He is looking for those who have a blameless heart toward Him.

When you open your heart to Jesus and ask Him to forgive you and cleanse you by His blood, He gives you a blameless heart—then you are the person the Lord wants to work through. When you understand the fact that God longs to work in your life, your faith will increase. Your hope will increase. And, God’s work in your life will increase!
Have confidence in this scripture today. Begin to thank God for giving you a clean and blameless heart. Thank Him for choosing to work in you. As you thank and praise Him, expect Him to act. Expect to see Him move mightily on your behalf because He sees you as blameless!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the blood of Jesus which cleanses my sins and gives me a blameless heart. Search my heart today and remove anything that isn’t pleasing to You. I open my heart and invite You to work in every area of my life. I bless You and thank You for Your faithfulness in Jesus name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

19 May 2016 03:49 #1453 by DrMike
Get Your Fill

Today’s Scripture

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.” (Matthew 5:6, NIV)

In the natural, what do you do when you’re hungry and just not sure what will satisfy you? You may try to think of what to eat, but maybe you’re not sure what will hit the spot. Spiritual hunger works the same way. You may feel a restlessness or unsettledness, but you can’t quite figure out what will satisfy you. You may try to fill that need with other things—food, addictions, people—but only God can fill that hunger.

Today’s verse tells us what will fill the hunger in our souls—righteousness. When you hunger and thirst for righteousness, which is God’s way of doing things, you will be spiritually satisfied. But just like you have to taketime to eat in the natural, you have to take time to “eat” or partake of God’s righteousness.

Take time every day and devote it to the Lord with prayer, worship and the study of His Word. Stay in fellowship with other believers by attending church regularly. As you focus your hunger on God’s righteousness, you will be filled and live satisfied in Him all the days of your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the promise to fill my hunger. I open my heart to You and ask that You draw me by Your Spirit. Teach me to walk in Your ways of righteousness that I may honor You and be satisfied all the days of my life. I bless You always in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

20 May 2016 03:58 #1454 by DrMike
Seed for Sowing

Today’s Scripture

“Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness.”(2 Corinthians 9:10, NIV)

God desires to bring you increase. He’s provided you with seed so that you can invest into the lives of others. There is tremendous potential in any seed. A single seed can produceharvest of 30, 60 or 100-fold return! But that seed has to be planted. You can have a package of seeds sitting in a drawer for years and nothing will happen. But when you plant that seed in the ground, water it and tend to it, that seed will begin to grow. It won’t take long before the bountiful harvest is ready.

Remember, you have seeds of greatness on the inside of you. God has placed within you everything you need to be successful. But, you have to step out and sow those seeds. You have to boldly declare your faith and put action behind it. Keep an attitude of expectancy and go out believing that great things are coming your way. Be obedient to His Word because those seeds you sow will produce a harvest all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for entrusting me with seed to sow. I want to be a wise steward of all Your resources. Give me wisdom and discernment to be obedient to You. Let everything I do bring honor to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

23 May 2016 04:08 #1455 by DrMike
Simplify

Today’s Scripture

“The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.” (Psalm 119:130, NIV)

Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the obligations of everyday life? Does your schedule sometimes feel complicated?

One of the enemy’s greatest tactics is to keep people so busy doing so many good things that there isn’t time for the most important thing. Jesus said that in this life one thing is needed, and that is to spend time with Him and in His Word. When His Word is a priority in our lives, everything else in life will fall into place.

Today, do you need to simplify your life in order to make room in your schedule for Him? If you’re not sure how to order your day, simply ask God to give you wisdom and show you how to manage your time. He loves you so much, and He loves it when you call on His name. Remember, He longs to be good to those who are looking for His goodness. Simplify your life today so you can receive His understanding and embrace all that He desires for you!

A Prayer for Today

Father, today I surrender everything to You. I give You my schedule and ask for Your wisdom to order my days. I choose to put You first and thank You for leading me and guiding me in every decision in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

24 May 2016 04:17 #1456 by DrMike
Your Seed Determines Your Harvest

Today’s Scripture

“Don’t be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant.” (Galatians 6:7, NLT)

Have you ever looked at a large, old tree and wondered how long it has been there? It’s amazing to think that at one point, that gigantic tree was merely a tiny seed. In the same way, our words and actions are seeds. We will always reap a harvest on what wesow.

Think about the types of seeds you have been sowing. Are yousowing encouragement, hope, blessing, love? Then that’s what you’ll reap in the future. But if you’ve been sowing criticism, judgment and anger, you’re probably already reaping a bad harvest. It’s time to start changing your seed.

Today, I encourage you to pray and ask God to help you uproot any negative seeds you may have planted in the past and begin sowing good seeds for your future. As you stay obedient to the Word of God, you’ll see those seeds grow. You’ll rise up higher and enjoy the harvest of blessing God has promised you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, search my heart. Show me any bad seeds that need to be uprooted. Help me, by Your Spirit, to plant good seeds for my future. Use me for Your glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

25 May 2016 03:45 #1457 by DrMike
Preparing for the Harvest

Today’s Scripture

“I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase and the trees of the field yield their fruit.”(Leviticus 26:4, AMP)

God has set up seasons in our lives. There are plowing seasons. There are planting seasons. There are watering seasons. Sure, we would love for every season to be a time ofincrease left and right with good breaks everywhere. But without the other seasons, we wouldn’t be prepared. For example, it’s during the plowing season that God brings issues to light that we need to deal with. He’s getting us prepared for promotion.

If you’re not making as much progress as you would like, the key is to not lose any ground. Don’t gobackwards. Hold your position. Keep a good attitude and do the right thing even when it’s hard. When you do that, you are passing the test, and God promises that your due season of harvest is coming. Be encouraged because your appointed time of increase, favor and promotion is on its way. He’s preparing you for the harvest—to see every dream and every desire fulfilled in Jesus’ name!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I bless You today. I thank You for preparing me for what you have for my future. I surrender my heart, mind, will and emotions to You so that I can live as a testimony of Your work in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

26 May 2016 04:13 #1458 by DrMike
Double for Your Trouble

Today’s Scripture

“Instead of your shame you will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace you will rejoice in your inheritance. And so you will inherit a double portion in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours.” (Isaiah 61:7, NIV)

In the Old Testament when this scripture was written, God’s people were going through a very dark time. They were being held captive against their will and mistreated by other nations. God sent this word to encourage them and give them hope for their future. When the time came, God was faithful to His Word!

Are you going through a difficult time today? Let this word bring you encouragement, too. God wants to give you double for your trouble. He is the God of restoration—that means He’s not going to just repay you for every wrong done, He’s going to go above and beyond and make things even better than they were before.

If you are facing challenges today or going through a time of adversity, remember, it’s always darkest just before the dawn appears. Your days are destined to shine brighter because God is faithful. As you stay in faith and are obedient to His Word, you’ll receive double for your trouble and the blessings He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“God, thank You for Your Word which lights my path and guides my steps. I choose to put my trust and hope in You today. Thank You for bringing restoration into my life as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

27 May 2016 04:07 #1459 by DrMike
More than Enough

Today’s Scripture

“In times of disaster they will not wither; in days of famine they will enjoy plenty.” (Psalm 37:19, NIV)

We serve the God of more than enough! It doesn’t matter what’s happening around you; it doesn’t matter what’s happening in the economy; it doesn’t matter what’s happening in the stock market, God is able to provide for you. Notice today’s verse doesn’t just say He’ll help you barely get by; no, it says that in days of famine His people will enjoy plenty.

The key is that we have to get our minds off of this natural, earthly realm and start setting our minds on things above. Remember, there is no recession in heaven, but if you aren’t investing in God’s economy, you won’t see the reward He has for you. Take a step of faith today and sow a seed. Ask God how you can be a blessing to others. Remember, you are a stewardover His resources. When you choose to be obedient to Him, you will eat the good of the land. And when you tap into God’s economy by obeying His Word, you will have His results—more than enough!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the resources You have given to me. Thank You for trusting me to be Your representative in the earth and for giving me more than enough. Show me how to handle the blessings You’ve given me so that I can please You in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

31 May 2016 03:50 #1460 by DrMike
A Spirit of Unity

Today’s Scripture

“May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had.”(Romans 15:5, NIV)

Do you find that you are surrounded by people all the time, yet you still feel disconnected? In your family, is everyone going in different directions, always busy, always doing their own thing? I’ve found that we really have to make a conscious effort to walk and live in unity with the people in our lives and not allow distractions to pull us apart. Walking in a spirit of unity goes beyond just getting along, it’s about going the extra mile to support one another and lift each other up.

If you want to get the most out of life, you’ve got to draw a line in the sand and say, “I’m going to slow down and connect with the people I love. I’m not going to take my relationships for granted.”
Start today by calling a friend or family member that you haven’t talked to in a while. Reach out to them and let them know they are important. Make time to have dinner as a family and support each other’s activities. When you walk and live in unity, you bless the Lord and open the door for Him topoor out His abundance in your own life in return!

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, thank You for the relationships in my life. Help me find creative ways to connect with the people I love. Help me to walk and live in a spirit of unity as You commanded in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.862 seconds