Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

08 Jul 2016 03:52 #1481 by DrMike
Set the Tone

Today’s Scripture

“I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises.” (Psalm 34:1, NLT)

When you wake up in the morning, do you expect the goodness of God in your life? Do you set the tone of the day for success, favor and blessing?

It doesn’t matter what happened yesterday, last week, last month or last year; today is a new day. This moment, you have the power to make a change in your life. Things may be bad all around you. People may be negative, complaining and discouraged, but don’t let that spirit rub off on you. Instead, choose to bless the Lord at all times. Let His praise continually be in your mouth.

Stay determined to set the tone for each new day by speaking words of faith over your future. Expect that your path will shine brighter and brighter each day. Enlarge your vision and make room for God to do amazing things in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I choose to bless You at all times. I choose to set the tone to receive Your favor, grace and mercy. Thank You for Your faithfulness to me at all times. I choose to constantly speak Your praises in Jesus’ name! Amen!”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jul 2016 04:21 #1482 by DrMike
Stir Up Your Dreams

Today’s Scripture

“Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you...” (2 Timothy 1:6, NKJV)

Does life seem stale or mundane? You may need to simply stir up what God has placed on the inside of you. Stir up those gifts, stir up those dreams, stir up those talents inside. Start stretching yourself. You were created to be a dreamer and to pursue the desires God has placed in your heart.

Scripture tells us that without vision, people perish. If you don’t have a dream or vision for your life, you’re not really going to reach your fullest potential. Maybe at one time you had a dream, but you went through some disappointments or setbacks. Things didn’t turn out the way you planned. But here’s a key: when one dream dies, dream another dream. Just because it didn’t work out the way you had it planned doesn’t mean that God doesn’t have another plan. You cannot allow one disappointment or even a series of disappointments to convince you that your dream is over. It’s time to dig in your heels and hold on to the promises in your heart. Stir up those God-given dreams today and watch Him pour out His favor and blessing on you and fulfill every desire in your heart!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I come humbly to You. I give You my past, my disappointments and my brokenness. Fill me with Your hope and expectation and give me the dreams and desires that You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

12 Jul 2016 04:06 #1483 by DrMike
Choose Your Friends Wisely

Today’s Scripture

“...do not throw your pearls before swine...” (Matthew 7:6, NASB)

Do you realize you have treasure on the inside of you? You could say that your pearls are what God has given you to be a blessing to the world around you—your gifts, talents and abilities. When you get around true friends, people who really believe in you, they won’t be jealous of your gifts. They won’t constantly question who you are. They won’t try to talk you out of your dreams. It will be just the opposite.

They’ll help you polish your pearls, so to speak. They’ll help you develop and grow your pearls. In other words, they’ll give you ideas. They’ll connect you with people they know. They’ll help push you further along. If you stay around people who don’t value your gifts nor appreciate what you have to offer, that’s casting your pearls among swine. Swine don’t value pearls; they trample on them.

Your inner circle, those who are closest to you, should be people who celebrate who you are; people who are happy when you succeed. They should be people who believe the very best in you. Remember, it’s not the quantity of friends that’s important, it’s the quality of friends. Choose your friends wisely so you can be all that God has called you to be.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the gifts, talents and abilities You have given to me. Help me to recognize the treasure within. Give me wisdom to discern the right relationships You have ordained for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

13 Jul 2016 04:21 #1484 by DrMike
Giving Birth to Your Dreams

Today’s Scripture

“A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.”(John 16:21, NIV)

Years ago when we first found out that my wife was pregnant, we were so excited. Even though she didn’t look any different on the outside, we began planning and preparing for our new baby. Then as time went on, we moved out of the fun, easy stage of conception and into that much more difficult stage of development. That’s when the mother becomes uncomfortable, swollen, can’t sleep at night, her back aches. Things seem to get the hardest right before the birthing begins.

In a sense, it’s the same way in our spiritual lives. When we conceive something in our hearts from God, it’s so exciting. It’s easy to stay encouraged and full of faith during that time. But the real test is when we go through the development process. Are we willing to keep a good attitude even when we’re uncomfortable and things aren’t going our way? Are we willing to stand and fight the good fight of faith until we give birth to our dreams?

If you’re standing for something today, keep standing. Keep believing even when you don’t see anything happening. Hold on to that promise even when it’s uncomfortable because soon you will give birth to every dream and desire the Lord has placed in your heart!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the dreams and desires You’ve planted in my heart. Give me the strength to persevere even when times are hard. Give me Your peace and joy so that I can stand strong until I see those dreams and desires come to pass in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

14 Jul 2016 04:00 #1485 by DrMike
New Garments

Today’s Scripture

“Provide for those who grieve...a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.”(Isaiah 61:3, NIV)

Do you need a new garment today? Not a new physical garment, but what’s covering your mind and emotions. Are you clothed with despair and disappointment? Are you wearing “heaviness?” If you’ve gone through a hurtful situation, the Bible says there is a time to grieve, and it’s important to release that hurt to the Lord. But the Bible also tells us that God wants to give you a garment of praise instead of a spirit of heaviness and despair.

Are the garments of yesterday weighing you down and holding you back? It’s time for a new garment. The garment of praise is light and filled with peace and joy. Don’t carry those heavy burdens around anymore. Choose to forgive those who have hurt you and praise God for what He’s doing in your life today. Thank Him for restoring you, even if you don’t see it yet. Just like this verse says, you will be as strong and secure as a tall oak tree, displaying His splendor all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Heavenly Father, I come to You today and ask that You take off my old, heavy garments of despair and heaviness. Make me new today. Give me a garment of praise so that I can display Your glory and splendor in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

15 Jul 2016 04:05 #1486 by DrMike
Reflect Him

Today’s Scripture

“Let this same attitude and purpose and [humble] mind be in you which was in Christ Jesus: [Let Him be your example in humility:]”(Philippians 2:5, AMP)

When you reflect something, you are exhibiting its likeness. You are displaying its characteristics. Like a mirror, the Bible tells us that we should reflect the character and likeness of Jesus. We should have His same attitude.

That may sound like a pretty tall order; after all, Jesus was the Son of God. But remember, when we accept Him as our Lord and Savior, we become sons and daughters of the Most High God, too. We become empowered by the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead. That means we have the same spirit of humility—the same strength, the same love, and the same power on the inside. We are equipped to follow His example and do what He did. What did He do? He went around doing good and bringing healing to others; physically, spiritually and emotionally.

Notice that today’s verse starts by saying, “Let...” We have to let God work in our attitudes and actions. We have to open the door and invite Him in. Make the decision to open every area of your life to Him. Reflect Him and do good everywhere you go!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, right now I invite You to dwell in my thoughts, heart and attitude. I choose to follow Your example and bring good to others. Help me to be a reflection of Your pure love in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

18 Jul 2016 03:36 #1487 by DrMike
Beyond Your Expectations

Today’s Scripture

“When you came down long ago, you did awesome deeds beyond our highest expectations...”(Isaiah 64:3–4, NLT)

God wants to exceed your highest expectations! He wants to bless you and increase you. He wants to make you more effective in your job, relationships and everything you set your hand to. The key is to expect to see His goodness. So many people today have misplaced expectations because they look to the news, the economy or other people to set the tone for their day. If you expect the worst, you won’t be disappointed. But if you expect to see God’s goodness, you won’t be disappointed, either.

Today set your expectations on God. Focus your heart and mind on Him. Meditate on His Word and sing a song of praise. As you do, you’ll see His goodness, and He will do awesome deeds beyond your highest expectations!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I set my expectations on You! I lift my eyes to You because You are the source of my help. Thank You for filling me with Your peace and joy as I keep my hope in You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

19 Jul 2016 03:54 #1488 by DrMike
It’s No Surprise to God

Today’s Scripture

“But thanks be to God, Who in Christ always leads us in triumph...” (2 Corinthians 2:14, AMP)

In life, we all have to deal with the unexpected. Just because we’re believers, just because we’re good people or doing the right thing doesn’t make us exempt from trouble. The scripture says, “The rain falls on the just and the unjust.” In times when something unexpected happens, or you find yourself facing a crisis, you don’t have to go into “panic mode” or fall apart emotionally. Remember, that crisis is no surprise to God. It may be unexpected to you, but God knows the end from the beginning. He has solutions to problems that you haven’t even had. He has equipped you for every battle, and He goes before you making your crooked places straight.

Today, focus on the fact that God is with you. Remember that He is walking with you and guiding you to a place of peace and victory. No matter what has happened, He will take what the enemy meant for evil and turn it around for your good! That circumstance is no surprise to God, and He has the answer for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Heavenly Father, I come to You with an open and humble heart. Thank You for the victory that You have in store for me even when I can’t see it. I choose to trust You and Your goodness knowing that You are faithful in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

20 Jul 2016 03:52 #1489 by DrMike
Take Off the Limits

Today’s Scripture

“I have seen that everything [human] has its limits and end [no matter how extensive, noble, and excellent]; but Your commandment is exceedingly broad and extends without limits [into eternity].”(Psalm 119:96, AMP)

Did you know that you can limit your life by dwelling on the wrong things? So often, wrong thinking keeps people stuck right where they are. If you think you’ll never accomplish your dreams, those thoughts will hold you back. If you think you don’t have the talent, the connections or the funds, then you are limiting yourself. You are blocking what God can do in your life.

Now is the time to take off the limits and trust God. His ways are higher than our ways. We serve a supernatural God! Just because you don’t see a way doesn’t mean that God doesn’t have a way. God can bring one opportunity across your path that will thrust you to a whole new level. God has explosive blessings in store that can blast you out of where you are and into a place of abundance.
If you’ll shift your focus from this earthly realm and look with your eyes of faith, you’ll see unlimited possibilities for your future!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I lift my eyes to You. You alone are the source of my strength, peace and provision. I choose to delight myself in You and take the limits off of my thinking in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

21 Jul 2016 04:23 #1490 by DrMike
Commanded Blessings

Today’s Scripture

“If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God.”(Deuteronomy 28:1–2, NIV)

There is a blessing that God has for every one of His children that will cause you to rise out of lack into abundance! It will take you from barely getting by to living in overflow. God’s blessing brings supernatural increase. We were never created to drag through life constantly struggling. He has commanded blessing when we come into agreement with His Word in our minds, hearts and actions.

This commanded blessing is found in Deuteronomy 28. It tells us that if we will live a life that honors God and obey His Word, then all these blessings will chase us down and overtake us. It says that we will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country. God will open up to you His good treasury and cause you to lend and not borrow. He will make you plenteous in goods and give you a surplus of increase.

Today, let this truth sink down into your spirit: the Creator of the universe has commanded blessing on you. Receive it today and choose to follow Him in everything you do!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your commanded blessing. I receive Your truth which sets me free. Help me, by Your Spirit, to follow Your commands so that I may live a life that brings You honor in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 1.043 seconds