Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

02 Sep 2016 03:11 #1521 by DrMike
Trust Him with Your Dreams

Today’s Scripture

“I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat is planted in the soil and dies, it remains alone. But its death will produce many new kernels—a plentiful harvest of new lives.”(John 12:24, NLT)

It’s good to be passionate about your dreams, but did you know a dream can actually become an idol? If it’s all you think about, and you’re not going to be happy unless it happens your way, that’s out of balance. The fact is, sometimes you have to release that dream back to the Father.

Sometimes we can get frustrated because we are trying to force things to happen on our timetable. Sometimes we hold on to things so tightly, but when we are finally willing to let them go, that’s when God can bring them to pass. If you’ll choose to release that frustration and not let it become the center of your attention, but instead, thank God that He’s directing your steps, that will open the door for God to give you the desires of your heart.

We have to remember, God already knows what we want and what we need. He’s the One who put those desires in us. We shouldn’t be consumed with trying to make things happen. Instead, a greater act of faith is to be happy right where you are; to stay open and trust God because He has good plans in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I release my dreams, my desires and my ‘wants’ like a seed falling to the ground. I know that You have a good plan for my future, and I trust You to bring it to pass in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Sep 2016 07:13 #1522 by DrMike
Seeing the Dream Come to Pass

Today’s Scripture

“Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.”(1 Timothy 6:12, NIV)

One of the keys to your dreams coming to pass is to see them coming to pass in your mind’s eye first!

One of the greatest baseball players of our time told about how that all through the day he envisions himself hitting the ball. Before he gets up to the plate, he visualizes getting on base. He has a picture in his mind of himself succeeding. It’s gotten deep down on the inside of him and now he’s moving toward it.

Of course, it takes more than just visualization to see our dreams come to pass. It takes obedience; it takes prayer, and it has to be a part of God’s plan for our lives. But if you’ll keep the right pictures in your imagination, seeing yourself rising higher, seeing yourself healthy and whole, that vision is going to get deep down on the inside and set the course for your life! When your mind is in agreement with God’s Word, it will help guide you toward your destiny!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I submit my dreams, desires, and thoughts to You. Use my imagination for Your purposes. Help me to envision the dreams You’ve placed within me coming to pass. Let me bring you glory in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

06 Sep 2016 03:56 #1523 by DrMike
Freely Give

Today’s Scripture

“...Freely you have received, freely give.” (Matthew 10:8 NKJV)

Every command God gives us in His Word is for our good. He is a good God, and He works all things together for our good because He loves us. He wants to bless us, multiply us and fill us with His exceeding joy and peace, but we have to do our part. We have to obey His commands in order to set the blessing into motion.

One of the best ways to see the blessing of God operating in your life is by sowing a seed of your time, abilities or resources. Proverbs says that those who scatter seed generously reap even more. That’s because when you give, God promises that it will come back to you in abundance—pressed down, shaken together and running over. But, you have to freely receive in order to have something to give.

Remember, giving is tied to receiving. Victoria and I have found that the more we freely receive from God, the more we desire to freely give to others. Today, I encourage you to keep your heart and mind open to what God has for you. Look for ways to sow seeds. Freely give and set the blessing in motion in your life today!

A Prayer for Today

“Heavenly Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I choose to honor Your Word by freely giving to others. Help me to find creative ways to give the way You have given to me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

07 Sep 2016 03:51 #1524 by DrMike
Take Off the Limits

Today’s Scripture

“I have seen that everything [human] has its limits and end [no matter how extensive, noble, and excellent]; but Your commandment is exceedingly broad and extends without limits [into eternity]” (Psalm 119:96, AMPC)

Did you know you can actually limit your life by dwelling on the wrong things? So often, wrong thinking keeps people stuck right where they are. If you think you’ll never accomplish your dreams, then your life will follow your thoughts. If you think you don’t have the talent, the connections or the funds, then you are limiting yourself. We have to remember that God’s promises are forever settled in heaven. His Word stands true throughout all eternity!

Don’t limit what God can do in your life by focusing only on what you see in the natural realm. You have to realize that you serve a supernatural God, and just because you don’t see a way doesn’t mean that God doesn’t have a way. God can bring one opportunity across your path that will thrust you to a whole new level. He has explosive blessings in store that can blast you out of where you are and into a place of abundance. If you’ll shift your focus from this earthly realm and start looking at God’s supernatural realm, you’ll see His unlimited possibilities for your future. Take the limits off by setting your thoughts on what He can do in your life today!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I lift my eyes to You. You alone are the source of my strength, peace and provision. I choose to delight myself in You knowing that You will give me the desires of my heart in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

“Heavenly Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I choose to honor Your Word by freely giving to others. Help me to find creative ways to give the way You have given to me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

08 Sep 2016 03:28 #1525 by DrMike
Sufficient Grace

Today’s Scripture

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness...” (2 Corinthians 12:9, NIV)

Everyone has days when they feel weak or times when they feel overwhelmed. But God has given us His grace to carry us through these difficult times and empower us to move forward in victory.

Scripture says God’s grace is sufficient. The word sufficient simply means competent, enough or qualified. That means you always have whatever you need by His grace. You will never face anything that God’s grace cannot empower you to move through. We serve a God who is more than enough, and His grace is more than enough, too! Anytime you feel weak, remember, when you rely on His grace, that is when you are at your strongest. When you feel like you can’t go on, that’s when He will carry you by His grace.

Today, remember, no matter what you may be facing, you’re not facing it alone. You are not without hope, you are not without resources, and you are not without answers because His grace is sufficient! His grace is all you need to be equipped to move forward into His victory.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your sufficient grace. Thank You for empowering me and equipping me no matter what I may be facing. Today, I lift my eyes to You for You are my help. I receive Your grace for everything I need in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

09 Sep 2016 03:52 #1526 by DrMike
Thanks Be to God

Today’s Scripture

“Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ...” (2 Corinthians 2:14, NKJV)

God promises to always lead us into victory! That means, no matter what you are facing, no matter what’s going on in the world around you, no matter what anybody says, you should always be thanking God because victory is on the way!

You don’t have to wait for everything to be perfect before you decide to celebrate what God is going to do in your life. Put some action behind your faith. In the middle of that adversity or tough time, start making a list of who you’re going to invite to your victory celebration. That means if you’re in the hospital, start planning what you’re going to do when you get out. If you lost some money when the stock market went down, start planning your coming-out-of-debt party. When things don’t look good in the natural, remember, we serve a supernatural God. With God leading you into victory, you can always plan for increase. You can plan for restoration. You can plan for a comeback that will make you stronger and better than you ever were before!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I give You thanks and praise today for the promise of victory. Give me Your vision for the future so that I can move confidently into the abundant life You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

12 Sep 2016 03:44 #1527 by DrMike
The Place of Blessing

Today’s Scripture

“Then the word of the Lord came to Elijah: ‘Leave here, turn eastward and hide in the Kerith Ravine, east of the Jordan. You will drink from the brook, and I have directed the ravens to supply you with food there.’”(1 Kings 17:2–4, NIV)

As a child of the Most High God, your steps are ordered by Him. He has a specific place of blessing prepared for you. When you live a life of obedience to the Word of God, He promises to supply every one of your needs. Just as God directed Elijah to his place of blessing, God is directing you, too. He’s aligning the right opportunities for you and causing the right people to come along your path to help you get ahead. He’s constantly working behind the scenes on your behalf. But you have to do your part to keep your heart open by following His Word and keeping an attitude of faith and expectancy. A major key to keeping your heart in the right place is choosing peace and unity. The Bible says that when we live in unity, there He has commanded the blessing. And when your heart is in the place of blessing, the rest of your life will be in the place of blessing, too. Today, choose peace, choose obedience and choose the place of blessing.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I come to You with a grateful heart. Thank You for leading me and directing my steps. Help me to see others the way You see them so I can honor You and live in unity all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

13 Sep 2016 03:39 #1528 by DrMike
In His Eyes

Today’s Scripture

“As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him; for he knows how we are formed...”(Psalm 103:13–14, NIV)

It’s interesting to see how a parent views their new baby. It doesn’t matter what that baby looks like; it doesn’t matter if their head is still coned, if their nose is still squashed, if they cry or make a mess, that baby is the apple of its parent’s eyes. They see that child as the most beautiful, perfect creation. They are just as proud and excited as they can be.

Parents see their own children differently than other people do. As believers in Jesus, it’s the same way with our heavenly Father. You are the apple of His eye. No matter what, He sees you as His most perfect creation. He is proud of you. You are the joy of His heart. Sure, you may make some mistakes; you may fall; you may make a mess, but He is right there ready to pick you up, clean you off and calm your soul. In His eyes, you are an overcomer; you are victorious; you are strong. In His eyes, you are pure and whole. Today, trust in His love, trust in His goodness, and trust that you can find safety and rest in His eyes.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me and keeping me close to You always. I trust that You have my best interest at heart and that You are working in my life because You are my Father. I open my heart and mind to You to receive Your love in a fresh, new way in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

14 Sep 2016 05:20 #1529 by DrMike
Every Day is a Gift

Today’s Scripture

“Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” (Psalm 90:12, NIV)

Sometimes our days can be so full and busy that we forget how fragile life really is. It’s easy to allow little things to creep in and steal our peace and joy. Maybe something doesn’t go our way or someone says something upsetting. Even traffic can cause us to lose focus if we let it. We have to remember that each day is a gift. If we choose to focus on what’s wrong, we’ll miss the beauty that each day has to offer.

Today, don’t let the precious moments of life pass you by. Don’t wait for holidays and birthdays to show people that you care. Remember, each day is unique and irreplaceable. You have been given time that can be invested or wasted; hours that can be used or misused. That’s why the psalmist prayed to God, “Teach us to number our days.” He was saying, “Teach us to value every moment we’ve been given.” As you daily keep a proper perspective, you’ll gain a heart of wisdom. You’ll draw closer to God and experience the full blessing that He has for you each and every day!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the gift of today. I choose to focus on the blessing of each moment instead of allowing the little things to steal my joy. Keep me close to You always as I submit every area of my heart and mind to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

I will be out of town until Friday, September 23rd at a COFA event in Minnesota. If you would like to get these COFA tips you can sign up to receive them at cofatips.org Prayers greatly appreciated for safe travels. Thank you!

22 Sep 2016 03:32 #1530 by DrMike
Make Room

Today’s Scripture

“I will look on you with favor and make you fruitful and increase your numbers, and I will keep my covenant with you. You will still be eating last year’s harvest when you will have to move it out to make room for the new.”(Leviticus 26:9–10, NIV)

God wants to bless and multiply you. He wants to increase you above and beyond what you could ever ask, think or imagine. But sometimes, we fill our lives with so much that we simply don’t have room to receive all that God wants to give us. People fill their lives with good things, noteworthy obligations and impressive accomplishments. But “good” can be the enemy of “best.” We have to take the time to evaluate what we have in our hands and be willing to move some things out in order to make room for the new thing God has for us.

Today, take some time to evaluate your life. Be open to what God wants to do in and through you. If your hands are full, maybe it’s time to use what you have to bless other people. Don’t let holding on to yesterday keep you from God’s best. Instead, make room because He has abundant blessings in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I open my hands and heart to You. I choose to release anything spiritually, physically or emotionally that would keep me from Your best. Search my heart, God, and show me where I need to make adjustments to make room for You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 1.051 seconds