Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

17 Nov 2016 05:33 #1561 by DrMike
Give More, Have More

Today’s Scripture

“One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.” (Proverbs 11:24, NIV)

In the natural, it doesn’t make sense that you will have more if you give more. But God’s kingdom operates on the principle of sowing and reaping. This is one of the first things He established with Adam and Eve in the book of Genesis. He said, “As long as the earth remains, there will be seedtime and harvest.”

We have to realize that everything we need in this life has been given to us in seed form. We set the blessing of God into motion in our lives when we plant those seeds and give what we have. Galatians tells us that whatever we sow, we will reap. Seeds produce after their own kind. If you sow apple seeds, you reap apple trees. If you sow kindness and blessing, you reap kindness and blessing in the future. If you sow financial seeds, you’ll reap a financial harvest.

Today, no matter what you need, you have it in seed form. Ask the Holy Spirit to show you how to plant and water that seed. Trust Him because He is faithful to His Word. Know that when you give, it will come back to you in greater measure. When you give more, you have more. So sow a seed and watch what God will do!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your Word which is truth that sets me free! Today, I choose to sow good seeds so I can reap a good harvest. Guide my thoughts today. Direct my path. Use me for Your glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Nov 2016 06:43 #1562 by DrMike
You Have What it Takes

Today’s Scripture

“For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, he will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you.” (2 Corinthians 9:10, NLT)

When Jesus sent His disciples out to heal the sick, meet their needs, and share the Gospel, He told them, “Give as freely as you have received” (Matthew 10:8). In other’s words, God has given you everything you need to do what He’s called you to do in this life. He has equipped you to be successful and has empowered you to overcome in this life. He’s given you seed to sow in order to have an abundant harvest in your future. You have what it takes!

God has placed seed in your hand today, but in order for that seed to produce, it has to be planted. It has to be watered. It has to be fertilized. Today, ask God to show you where to plant your seed. Make sure you are showing in the right ground and tending to the seed He has given you. Remember, God has a good plan for your future. He has plans to bless you and increase you. Today, you have what it takes to move forward and receive the blessing He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for equipping me for every good work. Thank You for giving me good seed to sow! I invite You to guide my every step by Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for choosing me to be a part of Your plan in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

21 Nov 2016 03:35 #1563 by DrMike
Your Days are Written

Today’s Scripture

“...all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” (Psalm 139:16, NIV)

Did you know that God has already written out the story of your life? He’s written out plans for your good, plans to prosper you, plans for peace. That doesn’t mean that you won’t go through negative situations. It means that God will use everything you go through to move you forward toward that good plan.

When things happen that we don’t understand, it’s easy to think, “Why did this happen? Why did this friend betray me? Why did this company lay me off? Why didn’t I get that promotion?” You can’t let the things you don’t understand keep you stuck on the same page in the story of your life. You have to decide to turn the page so that you can see the victory waiting for you in the next chapter.

If you are facing a difficulty today, know that God’s plan is to turn it around and use it for your good. The story of your life isn’t over! Keep moving forward, keep believing, keep hoping, keep forgiving because your days are written out for good, and it’s time to turn the page and see the blessing He has in store for your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I humbly come to You, giving thanks for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I trust that Your plan for me is good, and I choose to turn the page on the past by choosing Your ways. I forgive and release those who have wronged me so I can move forward in the next chapter You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Note: I will be leaving for AZ today to spend time with family, the daily devotionals will resume on Monday November 28th

28 Nov 2016 03:59 #1564 by DrMike
Just Agree with God!

Today’s Scripture

“As it is written: ‘I have made you a father of many nations.’ He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.” (Romans 4:17, NIV)

Twenty years before Abraham ever had a child, God said to him, “Abraham, I have made you a father of many nations.” Notice God spoke to him like it had already happened, in the past tense. I’m sure Abraham thought, “God, You must have made a mistake. I’m not a father. I don’t even have one child.” Abraham could have talked himself out of it; but instead, he chose to believe.

Today, you may be thinking, “I’m not blessed. I’m not confident. I’m not healthy. I’m not favored.” But when God says you’re blessed, don’t try to figure it out. Just agree with God and say, “I am blessed.” When God calls you prosperous, don’t go check your bank account. Don’t go look at the stock report. Just agree with God and say, “I am prosperous.” Things may look impossible. That’s all right. That’s the way things looked for Abraham. But sure enough, God’s promises came to pass, and he became the father of many nations.

Remember, when you agree with God, you are positioning yourself for a miracle. You are activating His truth in your life. When things look difficult, don’t agree with your circumstances, agree with His promises because He is faithful, and He will complete what He’s started in your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I bless You and thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I receive Your promises as truth, no matter what is going on around me. Fill me with joy and peace as I hold fast to Your promises for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

29 Nov 2016 11:16 #1565 by DrMike
Accelerate

Today’s Scripture

“My times are in Your hand...” (Psalm 31:15, NASB)

One thing I’ve learned is that God doesn’t always work on our timetable. In fact, He rarely does. But in a single moment, God can change your life! All throughout scripture, we see examples of how God was working behind the scenes and instantly turned things around for His people. Scripture tells us He is the same yesterday, today and forever which means He can instantly turn things around for you, too!

You may be going through some difficulty today, but be encouraged because your times are in God’s hands. He wants to accelerate things in your favor. He wants to take you further than you dreamed possible and work in your life in ways beyond what you have ever imagined.

Let this truth sink down into your heart today. Resist discouragement by speaking His Word over your future. Keep standing. Keep hoping; keep believing because He is working behind the scenes. He’s going to accelerate your times and lead you into the life of victory He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I humbly come before You giving You all that I am. I trust that my times are in Your hands. I trust that You are working things out in my favor. I set my focus on You knowing that You are working things out for my good in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

30 Nov 2016 03:59 #1566 by DrMike
Let God Arise

Today’s Scripture

“Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered...” (Psalm 68:1, NKJV)

Let me ask you today, what are you letting arise in your life? In other words, what are you focusing your words, energy and thoughts on? You might say, “Oh, it’s just so hard right now. I’ve lost some money.” “My health doesn’t look good.” “Somebody walked out on me.” No, you’re focusing on the wrong things. You’re letting defeat, discouragement and self-pity rise up. Why don’t you turn that around and say, “God is still in control. Somebody may have walked out on me, but I know God is going to bring me somebody better.” “I may be hurting right now, but I know God is the restorer of my soul.” “I may have lost money in the stock market, but I’m not worried. I know God is my provider. He is supplying all of my needs. He is fighting my battles.”

When you start giving God glory and letting Him arise in your life, you can’t stay defeated. Your enemies will be scattered! They’ll tremble at your words of faith. Begin right now by declaring God’s goodness in your life and let Him arise so that you can move forward in the victory He has for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I repent right now for allowing any negative, self-defeating thoughts or attitudes rise up in my life. You alone are my God, and I put my trust in You. I bless You today and always and choose to look for the good things You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

01 Dec 2016 04:00 #1567 by DrMike
Activate Favor

Today’s Scripture

“...the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.”(Psalm 84:11, NIV)

Favor is a part of your inheritance! You don’t have to beg God for it. As a believer in Jesus, you are in covenant with Him. That means that everything He has is yours!

The way you tap into that favor, or activate it, is by thanking Him for it. Say, “Father, thank You for Your favor today. Thank You that Your favor is causing me to be at the right place at the right time. Thank You that Your favor is causing people to want to be good to me.” See, you don’t have to pray about something that you already have, just receive it by thanking Him.

Before I speak each week, I never say, “God, please give me Your favor. Please give me Your anointing.” No, I simply say, “God, thank You for Your anointing. Thank You for Your favor on my life. Thank You for equipping and empowering me.” See, I know that it’s all part of my inheritance. So I just act like it’s true.

Today, activate His promises by faith. Praise and thank Him for His goodness and for blessing your life. Receive His Word as truth and hold it in your heart because He has already given His favor and blessing to you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your favor and blessing in my life. Thank You for cleansing me and making me new. Your Word says that You will withhold no good thing from me because I walk blamelessly before You by the blood of Jesus. I receive it by faith and thank You for Your goodness in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

05 Dec 2016 03:46 #1568 by DrMike
By His Divine Power

Today’s Scripture

“By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.”(2 Peter 1:3 NLT)

Whether you realize it or not, God has already given you everything you need to live the life He’s called you to. You don’t need to feel stressed out, worried or afraid. You don’t have to wonder if you’re “good enough” to receive from God because God’s blessing has nothing to do with your performance. He has already blessed you and given you everything you need by His divine power!

The world’s system tells us to strive, toil and scrape to get what we want. Our culture puts limits on people because of their natural abilities, resources, background or circumstances. But with God, there are no limits! By His divine power, you are equipped, well able and strong. You are covered by His grace and mercy, and you are empowered to do all He has called you to do!

The next time you start thinking “I can’t...” or “I don’t have what it takes...,” attack those negative thoughts with the truth by declaring, “I have what it takes; I am well able; and I am equipped by His divine power at work in me!”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your power which is at work in me. Thank You for equipping me and calling me according to Your good purpose. Give me Your strength and peace today. I keep my mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

06 Dec 2016 04:10 #1569 by DrMike
He Gives You Power

Today’s Scripture

“And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth...” (Deuteronomy 8:18, NKJV)

God wants to do something great in and through you. He has promises and blessings in store for you that you haven’t even thought of yet. The scripture tells us that He gives us power to gain wealth. Wealth is simply having abundance. God wants you to live in abundance so that He can use you to be a blessing to others. When we are willing and obedient, we open the door to His promises. In other words, when we live in excellence and integrity, when we follow the Word of God, we will walk in His blessing. Like a tree planted by the water, your leaf will not wither because you are connected to an unlimited supply line.

Notice one more thing about this verse: it says that “He gives us the power to get wealth.” See, God gives us the ability. He gives us creative ideas and inventions, but we have to be diligent, do our part, and step out and use what He’s given us. We have to sow seed in order to see the harvest that He has promised. Receive His power today and choose a life of integrity so that you can move forward into the abundant life He has prepared for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me the power to live in abundance. I choose to be faithful to You and Your Word. I choose to diligently follow Your commands and ask that You bless everything I set my hands to in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

07 Dec 2016 06:25 #1570 by DrMike
A Place of Abundance

Today’s Scripture

“...we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance.” (Psalm 66:12, NIV)

Everyone has times in life when they feel like they are going through the fire, or perhaps, feel overwhelmed with everyday life. If that’s you today, understand that God is going to bring you through those challenges; He’s going to bring you through the fire and the flood into a place of abundance. We serve a God of more than enough, and His heart is to always make sure you have whatever you need to be successful in every area of your life. The Bible says that Jesus came so that we can have life—abundant life! He wants you to have an abundance of resources, an abundance of wisdom, an abundance of peace—everything you need. Open your heart and thank Him for His goodness. Begin to receive His promises by faith. Remember, your praise opens the door for Him to move on your behalf, and He wants to take you to a place of abundance in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I humbly come to You today, giving You all that I am. Thank You for leading and guiding me into a place of abundance. I give You all the glory and praise in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.760 seconds