Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

23 Jan 2017 04:13 #1601 by DrMike
Positioned to Receive

Today’s Scripture

“If you believe, you will receive...”(Matthew 21:22, NIV)

All through the Bible, there are so many promises of what God has already done for us. It says in Ephesians that “God has blessed us with every spiritual blessing.” It says in Colossians that “God has made us worthy.” There is mercy for any mistake we will ever make. It’s already been taken care of. He paid the ultimate price through the death, burial and resurrection of His Son, Jesus. He’s done His part. Now it’s up to us to do our part. We have to start believing it so we can receive.

In the natural, when someone gives you a gift, what’s the first thing you say? “Thank you.” When you give thanks, it’s a sign that you are receiving the gift. Today, receive what God has given you by saying, “Father, thank You for Your mercy. Thank You for supplying all of my needs. Thank You for Your goodness in my life.”

As you learn to give Him thanks, you are learning to receive from Him. Open your heart by faith today and thank Him for all of the blessings He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“God, I come to You today giving You thanks and praise for Your faithfulness in my life. I receive Your Word which is life and strength to my soul. Help me to keep my heart focused on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jan 2017 07:10 #1602 by DrMike
Strength to Overcome

Today’s Scripture

“I have given you authority...to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.”(Luke 10:19, NIV)

God has given you all power and authority to overcome every obstacle you may face in life. That means you are well able to do what God has called you to do. You can accomplish your goals. You have the ideas, the creativity and the talent to be successful. You have been armed with strength for every battle! God has already lined up the right people to come across your path; He’s already lined up the right opportunities. You have everything you need to live a victorious life. Not an average life, not a barely-get-by, mediocre life—you were created to excel. You have seeds of greatness on the inside.

You may not have seen it in the past, but if you’ll stay in faith, it’s just a matter of time—victory is on the way. Don’t settle where you are. Rise up in strength today and declare, “I will accomplish my dreams. I can overcome any obstacle. I’ve been equipped and empowered to live in victory in every area of my life.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the power to overcome every obstacle I may face. Help me to see myself the way You see me. Help me to embrace the victory You have in store for me today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

25 Jan 2017 04:13 #1603 by DrMike
God's Barter System

Everything we have in life happens by means of exchange. You exchange your time and talents for a paycheck. You exchange your paycheck for the things you need. Even a gift you might receive went through a process of exchange by someone at some point before it got to you. But by far, the greatest exchange of all time was over two thousand years ago when God exchanged our sin and brokenness for His righteousness. There's an old saying: "I had a debt I could not pay; He paid a debt He did not owe."

Philippians 2 talks about how as believers, we have to work out our salvation. Salvation isn't a one-time event; it's a process. When you receive Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you begin that process. All throughout our walk of faith, we continually exchange ourselves, our attitudes, our ways, and our ideas for more of Him and His attitudes in our lives. We must never think we have "arrived" but instead, we must always be willing to exchange what we have in our hand for what He has in His hand for us.

The beautiful thing about God's barter system is that we always end up with better than what we had before. We get to exchange our ashes for His beauty. We exchange our sorrow for His joy. We exchange our sin for His righteousness. We exchange our brokenness for His healing.

Today as you read this, is there something you are holding on to that you know isn't God's best? Why don't you release it to God by faith? If you'll let go of what's in your hand, a shift will take place. God will let go of what's in His hand for you—peace, strength, wisdom, favor and more! He'll give you exactly what you need. Don't settle where you are when God has so much more for you. Remember, He's taking you on a wonderful journey of faith. Open your hand and heart to all that He has in store for you today!

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken-hearted…to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion – to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair…" (Isaiah 61:1-3, NIV)

27 Jan 2017 04:14 #1604 by DrMike
He Gives Good Gifts

Today’s Scripture

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father...” (James 1:17, NKJV)

God is a good God, and He has good gifts for His children! He wants to bless you with provision and supply all of your needs according to His riches in glory. He wants to pour out His abundant favor on you and cause everything you touch to prosper. He wants to bless you with spiritual gifts and make you strong in your inner man. He wants you to enjoy your job and be proud of your work each day. These are all gifts from God.

Every good gift from God is meant to draw us closer to Him. He is good and faithful, and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Seek Him today and experience the life of blessing He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your good and perfect gifts. I open my heart to You and ask that You help me see Your goodness. Draw me to You and fill me with Your peace and joy as I follow You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

30 Jan 2017 04:05 #1605 by DrMike
New Times and Seasons

Today’s Scripture

“He changes times and seasons...” (Daniel 2:21, NIV)

God is always looking to take us to higher levels. He wants us to grow and increase in every area. Change is a catalyst for growth in our lives, and it keeps us from getting stuck in a rut. To help keep us on our path toward our destiny, God will supernaturally open and close doors of opportunity. He will “stir us” out of comfortable situations and stretch us because He loves us too much to allow us to live in mediocrity.

Do you know how an eaglet learns to fly? That mother eagle will take her eaglet to the very highest point—way out of its comfort zone—and then she just releases it. As the eaglet falls, the mother swoops down and picks it back up again. She does this over and over until the eaglet spreads its wings and soars through the air.

That’s what God wants for you today. He wants you to soar in life! You might feel like that eaglet learning to fly, but know that God is right there with you. He is bringing you new times and seasons so that you will rise higher and embrace the very best He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

“Dear God, today I open my heart and mind to receive all that You have for me. I trust that You are with me directing my every step. I embrace the seasons of change and thank You for helping me grow and increase in every area in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

31 Jan 2017 06:28 #1606 by DrMike
The Position of Power

Today’s Scripture

“Good sense makes a man restrain his anger, and it is his glory to overlook a transgression or an offense.” (Proverbs 19:11, AMP)

Every day, we have opportunities to get upset, be frustrated or get offended. Maybe you had plans that didn’t work out, or someone was rude to you at the office. Maybe you were doing something that should have taken one hour, and it ended up taking three. Life is full of inconveniences; but even though we can’t always control our circumstances, we can control our reactions to those circumstances. I heard somebody say, “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond.”

We should always go out each day with a positive attitude, full of hope and expecting God’s favor. But at the same time, we should recognize that most days are not going to go exactly as we planned. Remember, we were created to live in peace. Peace is our position of power. If you get stressed because you got off schedule, or got upset because your child wouldn’t eat his breakfast, or frustrated because somebody offended you, what you’re doing is giving away your power. Instead, make the decision to release those offenses and disappointments so you live in peace and move forward in the power and victory the Lord has for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I release every care, concern, offense and disappointment to You. I choose to keep the peace that You have given me knowing that with You, my best days are ahead in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

01 Feb 2017 04:14 #1607 by DrMike
Don’t Stop Short

Today’s Scripture

“And God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work and charitable donation].” (2 Corinthians 9:8, AMPC)

Too often, it’s easy for people to get satisfied in life and think, “Well, I’m blessed. I’ve got a roof over my head. I’ve got money to pay my bills.” And that’s good. But that’s not God’s best. God is a God of abundance. He wants you to not only have enough for your own needs, but He wants you to have so much left over that you can be a blessing to somebody else. We need to go beyond thinking, “I’m blessed because I’ve got food on the table.” Let’s be grateful for what we have, but we can’t stop there. We need to stretch our faith for others as well. When you have enough to meet the needs of others, that’s when you’re walking in the fullness of His blessing.

Today, I encourage you to ask God to show you ways that you can be a blessing to someone else. Put actions behind your faith even if you start with something small. Don’t stop short of the fullness of His blessing. Reach out and help others and watch God increase you in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Heavenly Father, thank You for Your hand of blessing on my life. I desire to be used by You to help the people around me. Teach me to be sensitive to You, Holy Spirit, as I yield every area of my life to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

03 Feb 2017 04:05 #1608 by DrMike
Draw on His Strength

Today’s Scripture

“But as for me, I am filled with power, with the Spirit of the Lord, and with justice and might...”(Micah 3:8, ESV)

Today’s scripture tells us that Micah knew how to encourage himself in the Lord. He understood how to draw courage and purpose into his life. He realized the power in his words and spoke God’s truth to prepare him to accomplish all God had in store.

When we declare God’s Word and come into agreement with Him, that is faith in action! Just like salvation comes when we believe and declare what we believe (Romans 10:9–10), all of God’s truth is established when we believe and declare it. (Job 22:28). That’s how we invite Him into our lives!

Today, invite God into your life by the words you speak. Draw on His strength by declaring His Word. Declare that He is with you, and He has equipped you to overcome every obstacle you may face!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for filling me with Your power and strength. I declare that You are with me equipping me for every circumstance in this life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

06 Feb 2017 04:15 #1609 by DrMike
Consider Your God!

Today’s Scripture

“...with God all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26, NIV)

I had a gentleman tell me one time that his business was very, very slow. It looked like he would go under. He owned a small manufacturing company with one main competitor in town, a national company that was bigger with more resources. With the economy down, it made it harder and harder for him to stay open. This man was flexible about what he should do next, but he really believed he was in the business God wanted him to be in. So, he kept praying, believing and hoping; and instead of considering his circumstances, he considered his God. And just when he thought he was going to have to close down, his main competitor had a change in leadership and direction and decided to pull out of this market. Now he’s breaking all kinds of records.

Today I want to encourage you. If there’s something coming against you, consider your God. He has a way to meet every one of your needs. You may not be able to beat the competition in the natural, but God can simply remove the competition. He wants to give you His favor. He wants to give you the advantage for success. Trust Him and believe because with God, all things are possible!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I put my trust in You. I know that You are faithful and have good things in store for my future. Thank You for giving me patience to stand and see Your promises come to pass in every area of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

08 Feb 2017 03:57 #1610 by DrMike
The God of Comfort

Today’s Scripture

“As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you...” (Isaiah 66:13, NIV)

Oftentimes, when people face challenges, they seek comfort in things that are familiar. It may be work, an activity or relationships, and of course, we all know about “comfort food.” But those things only bring temporary comfort. True comfort is found in a personal relationship with God in heaven through His Son, Jesus.

Webster’s dictionary states that comfort means to give strength and hope; to ease grief or trouble. No matter what difficulty you may be facing today, God wants to bring you comfort. Like a mother cares for her child, He longs to give you strength,hope and confidence. Make the decision to put Him first in every area of your life. Let go of those things you know are holding you back. Let Him be Lord over all! As you surrender to His grace, you will be filled with His peace and joy. You’ll be empowered to overcome every obstacle, and live the abundant life He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I come to You today and invite You to fill my whole being. Give me Your comfort and strength and empower me by Your Holy Spirit to live in the victory You have planned for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds