Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

09 Jan 2017 04:09 #1591 by DrMike
Draw Close to God

Today’s Scripture

“Come close to God, and God will come close to you...”(James 4:8, NLT)

God wants you to draw near to Him. He wants to be close to you, but He’s a gentleman. He’s waiting for you to take the first step. Simply turning to God and calling on His name is the first way to draw near to Him. When you have a humble heart before Him, you are drawing closer to Him. When you seek Him with your whole heart, you will find Him, and He will draw close to you.

Seek God daily by reading your Bible, praying and meditating on His promises. With an open heart, you can draw near to God just as you are, right where you are. As you do, He will draw near to you and fill You with His peace and goodness all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I draw near to You. I offer You continual praise and choose to follow Your Word. Draw close to me and fill me with Your peace and joy all the days of my life.in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jan 2017 04:19 #1592 by DrMike
When Things Look Hopeless

Today’s Scripture

“Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.”(Habakkuk 3:17–18, NIV)

The prophet Habakkuk knew what to do when things seemed completely hopeless. When he wrote this verse, his world was literally falling apart. He had nothing. Things seemed destitute. So what did Habakkuk do? He rejoiced and praised the Lord in spite of everything. He knew that God was bigger than His problems, and that He had a way to get Him out of those circumstances. Habakkuk was looking beyond His problems to what God could do in His life!

Let’s follow Habakkuk’s example. When something bad happens to you, thank God—not because you’re suffering, but because you know He has the answer. When things look hopeless, praise Him because He will bring hope to your circumstances!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I call on You in the midst of my trouble. I praise You because You are my hope. I bless You and magnify You, knowing You have a good plan for my future in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

11 Jan 2017 04:07 #1593 by DrMike
Free for All

Today’s Scripture

“...God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.”(Acts 10:34–35, NIV)

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom! God’s freedom is free for everyone! It doesn’t matter what your nationality or heritage is, or who your family is. It doesn’t matter how much money you have or don’t have. God wants you free from everything that would hold you back from your relationship with Him!

God wants to pour out His abundant blessing on all who honor Him and do what is right. In fact, the Bible says in Galatians that in Christ, there is no Jew or Greek or even male or female. That means God’s not judging you based on physical conditions. He’s looking at your heart. He’s looking at the gifts He’s placed inside of you. Don’t let the enemy lie to you and tell you that God is blessing everyone else but you. Look for the ways He is pouring out blessing in your life. Thank Him for His acceptance, love and freedom. Focus on honoring Him and doing what is right, and you’ll see His hand of blessing in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving and accepting me today. I choose to do what is right and honor You with my attitude, words, and actions. Holy Spirit, show me if there is any area that isn’t pleasing to You and help me live as an example of Your goodness all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

12 Jan 2017 04:04 #1594 by DrMike
Stay Connected

Today’s Scripture

“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and In him, bears much fruit...” (John 15:5, NKJV)

Do you need more power and strength in your life today? When you are connected to the Father through Jesus, you are connected to your life source. Just as a branch is sustained by the vine it’s attached to, we are sustained by being attached to Him.

If you think about how fruit grows, it doesn’t just happen overnight; it takes time and the right conditions. In the same way, the spiritual fruit in your own life develops over time, too. You might be tempted to get discouraged if you aren’t seeing “fruit” as quickly as you’d like, but be encouraged today! If you’ll keep your heart humble before the Lord and stay connected to Him through prayer and studying His Word, you’ll see that fruit begin to form in your life just as He promised! You’ll see the fruit of joy, which is strength. You’ll see the fruit of love and peace, which will sustain you in the midst of difficulty. As you stay connected to Him, you’ll be empowered and equipped for every circumstance!

A Prayer for Today

“Father in heaven, I humbly come before You. I recognize that You are the source for everything I need in this life. Keep me close to You always and turn my heart and mind toward Your ways in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

13 Jan 2017 06:39 #1595 by DrMike
The Gift of Today

Today’s Scripture

“So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.” (Psalm 90:12, KJV)

Sometimes our days can be so full and busy that we forget how fragile our time on earth really is. It can be so easy to allow little things to creep in and steal our peace and joy. Maybe something didn’t go your way, or someone said something upsetting. Even traffic can cause us to get our focus off if we let it. But, we have to remember that each day is a gift. If we choose to focus on what’s wrong, we’ll miss out on the beauty that each day has to offer.

Don’t let the precious moments of life pass you by. Don’t wait for holidays and birthdays to show people that you care. Remember, each day is unique and irreplaceable, a gift from heaven above. You have been given time that can be invested or wasted; hours that can be used or misused. That’s why the psalmist prayed to God, “Teach us to number our days.” He was saying, “Teach us to value every moment we’ve been given so we can live a life pleasing to You.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the gift of today. I choose to focus on the blessing of each moment instead of allowing the little things to steal my joy. Keep me close to You always as I submit every area of my heart and mind to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

16 Jan 2017 04:12 #1596 by DrMike
This One Thing

Today’s Scripture

“...I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead.” (Philippians 3:13, NLT)

Are you focused on forgetting the past? Many people don’t fully understand what that means. They wonder, “How can I forget something that’s happened to me?” But one definition of the word forget is to “disregard intentionally or to overlook.” What this verse is saying is that you have to choose to disregard your past so that it doesn’t keep you from moving forward. That means the good and the bad. Even our past victories can sometimes keep us from rising higher. If we don’t let go of the old, we’ll never be able to embrace the new.

It doesn’t matter what’s happened in your history, it’s time to forget what lies behind. Make the choice today to look forward. Trust that God has a better future in store for you. Trust that He’s working behind the scenes on your behalf. As you forget what lies behind and press forward, you will see the abundant life the Lord has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I choose to forget the past today. I don’t want anything to hold me back from the good future You have prepared for me. I choose forgiveness and ask that You help me by Your Spirit to press forward in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

17 Jan 2017 04:09 #1597 by DrMike
Get Excited about Your Future!

Today’s Scripture

“But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day.”(Proverbs 4:18, ESV)

No matter what is happening in your life today, as a believer in Jesus, you have a reason to be excited about your future! If things seem dark right now, know that the dawn will soon appear. The key is that you have to remember you are not here by accident. You have a purpose and destiny to fulfill, and He isn’t finished with you yet. Your best days are not behind you; your best days are out in front of you.

One thing I know is that God is a God of increase. He has greater things in store for your future than you have experienced in your past. His dream for your future is so much bigger than your own. He wants to take you places that you’ve never dreamed and open up doors that you’ve never imagined. He wants to bring talent out of you that you didn’t even know you had. He wants to increase you and cause you to be a greater blessing to the people around you.

Today, get your hopes up and get excited about your future! Begin to thank Him for what He has in store. Keep standing, keep believing and keep moving forward because God has explosive blessings in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Heavenly Father, I humbly come to You giving You all that I am. I trust that You have good things in store for my future. I choose to keep my eyes on You no matter what’s happening in my circumstances. I know that You are faithful, and I receive the blessings You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

18 Jan 2017 05:57 #1598 by DrMike
Momentary Troubles

Today’s Scripture

“For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.” (2 Corinthians 4:17, NIV)

Are you facing a difficulty or trial that seems like it’s been lasting a long time? Today’s verse tells us that our trials are really only momentary. Compared with eternity, our troubles don’t last long at all! As you stand strong in faith during times of adversity, you are building faith and achieving eternal glory.

If you are in the middle of tough times today, look to God. The Bible says that He is the Author and Finisher of your faith. He is the One who writes faith on your heart and then develops it to completion on the inside of you. He is building strength in you; He is depositing joy in you, and He is empowering you to make it through.

Today, be encouraged because what you are facing is only temporary. Victory is on the way, and it’s closer than you think! Keep standing, keep believing, keep hoping and keep confessing His Word because He is faithful, and He will complete what He’s started in you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for working Your eternal glory in me. I cast my cares on You today, knowing that my trials and troubles are temporary. Thank You for Your eternal blessing on my life today and for leading me into victory in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

19 Jan 2017 04:03 #1599 by DrMike
The Only Thing That Counts

Today’s Scripture

“...The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.” (Galatians 5:6, NIV)

So often, it’s easy to get caught up in our to-do lists of life. You might even have a spiritual checklist, so to speak, of all the things you think you need to do in order to please God. And we should have the desire to please Him and follow His commands, but pleasing Him starts with our heart condition.

Scripture tells us in 1 Corinthians that only faith,hope and love will last into eternity. The point is that we have to adjust our focus and make sure that we aren’t just going through the motions in our spiritual walk. We can do a lot of “good” things, but if we don’t have love, they won’t matter in eternity. We can have a lot of knowledge, but if we don’t have love, it won’t do us any good. When love is the foundation for everything we do, it’s a different story. Love honors God and opens the door for the life of victory and blessing He has in store!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your blessing and peace on my life. Today, I choose love, knowing that it fuels my faith. I don’t want to go through the motions; I want to love the way You love me. Show me ways to grow in love as I keep my heart and mind fixed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

20 Jan 2017 04:16 #1600 by DrMike
He Makes All Things New

Today’s Scripture

“And He Who is seated on the throne said, See! I make all things new...” (Revelation 21:5, AMPC)

When God puts a dream or a promise on the inside of you, He deposits within you everything you need to accomplish it. He wouldn’t give you the desire to do something without giving you the ability to fulfill it. In fact, the scripture tells us that God gives us the desires of our heart. In other words, He puts the desire inside of us and then works with us to bring it to pass.

Oftentimes, people set out to accomplish their dreams, but they face a setback or disappointment, and then they feel like their time has passed. But know this: no matter where you’ve come from, no matter what’s happened in your past, God wants to make you new. He wants to give you a fresh start. If you feel like you’ve missed opportunities in your life, if you feel like your time has passed, remember, today is a new day. You are a new person, and God has new opportunities in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for making all things new. I give You this day and invite You to have Your way in every area of my life. I choose to receive all of the promises You have in store for me and look for Your goodness in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 1.018 seconds