Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

26 Dec 2016 04:28 #1581 by DrMike
Prince of Peace

Today’s Scripture

“For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”(Isaiah 9:6, NKJV)

Aren’t you glad that Jesus is our Prince of Peace? That means He is the ruler of peace. He is the ultimate peace. The peace He gives to us can never be taken away from us!

That word “peace” literally means “to set at one again.” In other words, when we are one with the Father, when we are unified with Him in our thoughts, our words and our actions, we will experience His peace in our lives. Anytime you find that you don’t have peace on the inside of your heart about something, or if you have an uneasiness inside about a decision you have to make, that’s a sign that you should stop and pray and make sure you are choosing God’s plan for your life. Remember, His plans are for your good. He leads you in peace and fills you with His joy. When you choose His ways, you will live in His peace and experience His hand of blessing in every area of your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for filling me with Your peace. Have Your way in my heart and remove anything that displeases You so that I can clearly hear Your voice and walk in Your ways in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Dec 2016 04:09 #1582 by DrMike
The Wonderful Counselor

Today’s Scripture

“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor...” (Isaiah 9:6, NIV)

Do you need wisdom or direction in your life today? The scripture tells us that Jesus is our counselor. And He’s not just any kind of counselor, He’s a Wonderful Counselor. When something is wonderful, it means it is unusually good, marvelous or astonishing. Think about that for a moment. God is a marvelous, astonishing, unusually good counselor—the very best you could ever have!

Today, no matter what you may be facing, no matter what kinds of decisions you have to make, consider God. Ask Him to direct your steps and confirm His perfect will for your life. Remember, He is the best counselor there is. Let Him direct and guide your path. Seek Him with your whole heart, put Him first, and let Him lead you in blessing and victory in every area of your life.

A Prayer for Today

“God, You are my Wonderful Counselor. I submit all my ways to You. I trust that You have a good plan for me. Thank You for giving me wisdom and direction in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

28 Dec 2016 05:35 #1583 by DrMike
Emmanuel, God with Us

Today’s Scripture

“Behold, the virgin shall become pregnant and give birth to a Son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel—which, when translated, means, God with us.”(Matthew 1:23, AMPC)

In the Bible, Jesus has many names that identify His character and tells us about who He is. One of those names is Emmanuel, which means “God with us.” Before Jesus came, the Spirit of God resided in the temple of God, and the people had to go through many rituals to be considered clean enough to go near Him. Now, because of Jesus, our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. When we accept Him as our Lord and Savior, He cleanses us and actually makes His home in our hearts. Jesus was the final sacrifice to purify us once and for all so that His Spirit could dwell inside of us. Now, He is always with us!

Know today that God is as close as the air you breathe! He is always with us which means His peace is always with us. His joy is always with us. His power is always with us, and His victory is always with us! The next time the enemy tries to tell you that you are alone, declare out loud that you serve Emmanuel—the God who is always with you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for choosing to make Your home in me. Thank You for filling me with Your peace and joy. I bless You today, knowing that You will never leave me nor forsake me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

29 Dec 2016 06:22 #1584 by DrMike
For God So Loved That He Gave

Today’s Scripture

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”(John 3:16, NIV)

Have you ever thought about how love affects your giving? I’ve heard it said that you can give without loving, but you can’t love without giving. Love, God’s love in us, prompts us to give of ourselves—our time, abilities and resources. In fact, God is love, and the scripture tells us that the world identifies Christians by their love. That means the world will identify us as Christians by our generous, giving hearts.

During this Christmas holiday, the season of giving, remember to take time to focus on the greatest gift of all, the gift of eternal life through Jesus. If you’ve never received this gift, I invite you to open your heart and pray this simple prayer: “Lord Jesus, I come to You today, giving You all that I am. I repent of my sins and confess that I need You. I believe You died and rose for me. Be my Lord and Savior and make me new today. I receive Your love and Your gift of eternal life.”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me and setting me free. I choose to serve You with my whole heart all the days of my life. Help me love others the way You love me. Give me opportunities to be a blessing everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

30 Dec 2016 04:04 #1585 by DrMike
Believing is Seeing

Today’s Scripture

“By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.” (Hebrews 11:3, NKJV)

You were created by Almighty God to live a blessed and fulfilled life. But so many people live far below the level of what God truly intends for them simply because they don’t see how it could happen. The truth is that you have to believe before you’re ever going to see something take place in the natural. You have to look with your eyes of faith because the provision,healing and miracle that you need is already available in the supernatural realm.

You might say, “Well, I don’t know how to do that. I don’t know how to look with my eyes of faith.” The way you open your eyes of faith is by reading and meditating on the Word of God. His Word deposits strength and faith inside of you and illuminates your heart. His Word causes your faith to grow so you can believe His promises. And when you believe it, then you will see it because all things are possible for those who believe!

Today, feed your faith by meditating on His Word. Declare His promises over your life. Keep moving forward with an attitude of expectancy knowing that He has victory in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your sweet and precious promises. I choose to open the eyes of my heart so that I can see and receive the good things You have for me. Help me to be a blessing to others and keep my mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

02 Jan 2017 08:06 #1586 by DrMike
Finish Strong!

Today’s Scripture

“...Run in such a way as to get the prize.” (1 Corinthians 9:24, NIV)

Oftentimes, when we have a dream in our heart, we start off strong. We head down the path toward our goal, and we’re so excited! But along the way, we hit some roadblocks and encounter some adversity. Many times, people will just give up and take the easy way out. But we have to remember, it’s not how we start that counts; it’s how we finish. Anybody can be fired up at the beginning, but I’m encouraging you to stick with it until the end! Have the determination to go all the way through. Don’t stop at the halfway mark just because times are tough. Don’t quit because you don’t see anything happening. The scripture tells us not to walk by sight, but walk by faith.

Today, if there’s a dream in your heart, something you’re believing for—a relationship to turn around, a business opportunity or to overcome an addiction—keep pursuing it! Run your race to win the prize! Don’t settle until you see the fullness of what God has placed in your heart. As you stand strong in your faith, I believe God will pour out His favor and blessing upon you, and you will see the victory He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to stand strong in You. I set my focus on Your promises and choose to run my race with conviction. I let go of the past by faith today and press forward into the destiny You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

03 Jan 2017 03:22 #1587 by DrMike
Handfuls on Purpose

Today’s Scripture

“And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you, if you obey the voice of the Lord your God.” (Deuteronomy 28:2, ESV)

Our God is a rewarder of those who seek Him! When you keep God first place and do your best to honor Him, scripture says, “His blessings will chase you down and overtake you.” That means you will come into increase, promotion and good breaks that you didn’t necessarily deserve. That’s God rewarding you for walking in His ways.

We see this principle in the Old Testament with Ruth. She was out in the fields following behind the workers and gathering up the leftover wheat that they missed. She was trying to take care of her mother-in-law, Naomi, but they were barely surviving. One day, the owner of the fields told the workers to leave handfuls of wheat on purpose for Ruth. Ruth came into blessings that were simply dropped at her feet.

Every one of us can look back and see times where God has left us handfuls on purpose—something that we didn’t deserve or even ask for. We just stumbled into it. That’s a “handful on purpose.” I encourage you to always keep your expectancy up. Keep trusting God and obeying His voice because He is ready to bless you in unexpected ways today!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I trust You as my provider; You are the One who cares for me. I acknowledge You with my love and thank You for leaving me ‘handfuls on purpose’ today in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

04 Jan 2017 04:07 #1588 by DrMike
Far and Beyond

Today’s Scripture

“Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever.”(Ephesians 3:20–21, NASB)

God wants to do exceedingly abundantly above and beyond all you can imagine! He wants to pour out His favor on you and open up opportunities that are beyond your expectations!

Notice this verse says that He will do it “according to the power that works in us.” How does His power work in us? When we yield ourselves to Him, when we obey His Word and do what pleases Him, more of His power is available in our lives. When we put Him first in everything that we do, when we choose love, we are allowing more of Him to work in and through us. When we choose God’s way, we get God’s results: peace, favor, blessing and increase.

Today, no matter what you are facing, know that when you invite God into your circumstances, He will transform them! He will do more than you could ever imagine. Line yourself up with His Word in your thoughts, words and actions, and watch Him do exceedingly abundantly far and beyond what you could ever imagine!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for loving me and choosing me. I know that You are able to do exceedingly abundantly above and beyond anything I can imagine. I submit myself to You: spirit, soul and body. Search me and know me. Have Your way in me and keep my mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

05 Jan 2017 08:53 #1589 by DrMike
What Pleases God

Today’s Scripture

“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” (Hebrews 11:6, NIV)

Do you know what pleases God? He’s not impressed by how much knowledge we have. He isn’t influenced by how many possessions we own. He’s not moved by our accomplishments; He is moved simply by our faith in Him.

Faith is a gift. It’s not something that has to be contrived or worked up. The scripture tells us that everyone has been given a measure of faith. It also says that faith grows as we hear the Word of God. That’s why it’s so important to be a part of a Bible-based church where the Word of God is being taught. It’s why we need to make time every day to read and study His Word. That’s how you feed your faith. The more you know His Word, the more you understand that He is good, and He rewards those who seek after Him.

Today, taketime to feed your faith. Meditate on His Word and ask Him to shine His truth in your heart. Trust that He is good and has good things in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me the gift of faith so that I can please You. As I seek You and study Your Word, illuminate my heart with Your truth. Transform me into Your image and let everything I do bring glory to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

06 Jan 2017 04:13 #1590 by DrMike
Equipped by Faith

Today’s Scripture

“Every Scripture is God-breathed...so that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.” (2 Timothy 3:16–17, AMPC)

God has equipped you with everything you need to fulfill your destiny through His Word. The scripture tells us that as believers in Jesus Christ, we are anointed. The word “anointing” is the power of God that gives you courage,strength and ability. When you put the Word of God in you, you are receiving that anointing, you are building your faith, and you are being equipped for every good work.

The next time you start to wonder if you have what it takes, go to God’s Word and stir up your faith. Focus on His truth which says that you are well able to do what He has called you to do. You can accomplish your goals. You have the ideas, the creativity and talent to be successful. You can overcome every obstacle! You’ve been armed with strength for every battle, and the forces that are with you are greater than the forces that are against you!

Today, don’t settle where you are. Don’t settle for a weak, defeated mentality. Instead, have the attitude that “I am anointed. I can accomplish my dreams. I can overcome any obstacle. I am equipped and empowered by the Creator of the universe! I am able to live the abundant life God has in store for me!”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for equipping me. Thank You for empowering me. Help me stay focused on Your Word and Your plan for me today. Help me understand Your anointing so that I can do all that You’ve called me to do. I bless You today in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds