Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

09 Feb 2017 03:53 #1611 by DrMike
Speaking the Blessing

Today’s Scripture

“The tongue has the power of life and death...” (Proverbs 18:21, NIV)

Have you thought about how the people in your life need your blessing? They need your approval. They need to hear you say, “I’m proud of you. You’re going to do great things.” That’s speaking the blessing. When you say to the people you love, “I’m so glad you’re in my life. You mean the world to me,” you just gave them the blessing. When you tell one of your employees, coworkers or a student, “You amaze me with your ability. You have such a bright future,” those are not just nice compliments. When you speak the blessing, you’re releasing God’s wisdom, protection, favor and abundance into their hearts. You can literally help shape their destiny. One word of encouragement, one word of approval can be what helps someone step up to who God created them to be.

Today, choose to speak the blessing. Sow good seeds into the lives of the people you love. Remember, what you make happen for others, God will make happen for you. Sow blessing and reap blessing and experience His favor all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Jesus, thank You for empowering me with Your love, grace and favor today. Show me ways that I can be a blessing and speak the blessing over the people I encounter today. Use me for Your glory in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Feb 2017 04:12 #1612 by DrMike
Say So

Today’s Scripture

“Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom He has delivered from the hand of the adversary.(Psalm 107:2, AMPC)

Notice that today’s scripture doesn’t say, “Let the redeemed of the Lord think so.” Or, “Let the redeemed believe so.” Of course, it’s important to think right and believe right, but something supernatural happens when we open our mouths and declare a thing. You don’t even have to say it to anyone else, you can just say it to yourself—driving to work or in the shower—you can say, “The economy may be low, but I am blessed. I am prosperous. I will lend and not borrow.” “I may have had some setbacks, but I know those setbacks are a setup for a comeback! This is still going to be my best year so far. The favor of God is turning things around.” You are prophesying your future.

Remember, when you say what the Lord has done for you, when you declare that you are redeemed, you are opening the door for God to move on your behalf. The scripture tells us that He watches over His Word to perform it. When you declare His Word, when you speak His promises, He is faithful to fulfill them and lead you into victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for delivering me and setting me free. I will declare Your goodness. I will declare Your promises! I will declare Your favor so that I can live the good life You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

13 Feb 2017 04:12 #1613 by DrMike
Ask Big

Today’s Scripture

“Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession.” (Psalm 2:8, NIV)

God doesn’t want us to just barely get by in life. He wants us to thrive and experience the fullness of His blessing. Not only does He want to meet our needs, He wants us to be in a position to reach out and help meet the needs of others, too. When we pray and ask God for something, it opens a supernatural door. Our faith gives God something to work with. Faith is what pleases Him. Faith moves mountains. Did you know that it pleases God when we pray bold prayers and ask Him for big things? God loves it when we step outside of the realm of the possible and totally believe what He can do. With God, all things are possible!

Today, get bold with your prayers. Ask God for big things. Believe that He is working behind the scenes on your behalf. Put your faith to work because God is faithful. He has big things in store for you, and He says to ask Him!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I come to You with an attitude of faith and expectancy. You said that if I ask anything according to Your will, it will be done. So I thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life and believe for big things in 2017 in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

14 Feb 2017 04:11 #1614 by DrMike
The Seed of the Word

Today’s Scripture

“But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.” (Luke 8:15, NIV)

Sometimes in the natural, we don’t see how God’s promises are going to come to pass. It may seem like there are so many obstacles to overcome. But God’s Word is like a seed. When it’s planted in our hearts and we water it by thinking the right thoughts and expecting good things, that little seed begins to grow into something much, much greater.

Jesus told a parable in Mark, chapter four. He said that God’s Word is like a tiny mustard seed. When it is sown, it is less than all the other seeds, one of the smallest. But when it grows up, it becomes greater than all. Notice it goes from being less than all to being greater than all.

Are you in an overwhelming situation today, maybe in your health, finances or relationships? Does God’s promise seem small compared to what you’re facing?

Don’t sit back and think, “Man, it’s never going to get any better. It’s never going to change.” Instead, sow the Word by speaking it every single day. Water that seed by staying in faith because the seed of the Word has supernatural power in it. It will grow and flourish, and you will see God’s promises come to pass all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father God, today I choose to sow the Word of God! Thank You that it will not return void, but it will accomplish what it was sent forth to do! Thank You for giving every good and perfect gift to Your children. I bless Your holy name today and always. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

15 Feb 2017 03:58 #1615 by DrMike
Something New for You

Today’s Scripture

“For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?...”(Isaiah 43:19, NLT)

It’s a new year, and God has something new in store for you! His plan for your life is not for you to reach one level, get stuck and stay there for 30 or 40 years. His plan is to increase you, open new doors before you, and take you places that you’ve never imagined. He has something big in your future, but He also has something big in store for this year! He’s already planned out big breaks, big opportunities and big ideas for you. You may have seen God’s goodness in the past, but you have not touched the surface of what God has for you in 2017!

I believe this new thing is going to be far greater than you’ve ever seen before. It’s going to be bigger than you imagined. It’s going to be more rewarding than you thought possible. Receive it by faith and declare, “Yes, God, this is for me today. I’m not going to get stuck where I am. I know You’re a big God, and You have something new coming my way!”

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for a new day and a new year to glorify You. Thank You for choosing me and using me for Your purpose. I set my love on You today knowing that You have something new in store for me this year in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

16 Feb 2017 07:54 #1616 by DrMike
Established in Love

Today’s Scripture

“...that you, being rooted and grounded in love...”(Ephesians 3:17, NKJV)

Did you know there is tremendous power in love? In the same way that a tree will grow taller and stronger when its roots grow deep, you’ll be stronger and have more of God’s power operating in your life when you are rooted and established in love.

Did you know that faith can only work by love? First Corinthians 13 gives us a picture of what that looks like. Among other things, love is patient and kind. It does not seek its own way. It is not jealous or boastful or proud. When you choose love instead of choosing your own way, you are showing that God is first place in your life. You are establishing yourself in love. Choose love today, and let it be firm within you. Let that love build security in you and empower you to live in victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I come to You today and invite You to search my heart and mind. Show me how to love others the way You love us so that I can be established in Your love in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

17 Feb 2017 07:48 #1617 by DrMike
Stand and See

Today’s Scripture

“...stand and see the salvation of the Lord...” (2 Chronicles 20:17, NASB)

So many people today run from anything that’s hard. They run from their problems. They run from responsibility. They run from people they don’t like. They run from the past. They run from anything that makes them uncomfortable. Instead of facing the issues and dealing with them, they just take the easy way out and go down the path of least resistance. But if you’re going to live in victory the way God intends, you have to learn how to face your challenges head on. Notice today’s verse doesn’t say, “Keep running until you see the salvation of the Lord.” It doesn’t say, “Bury your head in the sand until God delivers you.” No, God wants us to stand strong, set our faces like a flint, and fight the good fight of faith. And the good news is, you don’t have to do it in your own strength! He’s equipped you with His supernatural power to overcome every obstacle!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, search my heart. Show me any area in my life where I may be running or hiding. I choose today to stand in faith and invite You to move mightily on my behalf in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

20 Feb 2017 04:10 #1618 by DrMike
Be Stable-Minded

Today’s Scripture

“But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.” (James 1:6, NIV)

One thing that can lead you away from your potential and seeing the awesome plan God has for your life is your emotions. Emotions are God-given, but too often, people allow their circumstances to dictate their emotions and thoughts instead of the Word of God. When we allow our circumstances to dictate our emotions, when we are moved by what we see and experience, it opens the door for doubt and fear to come in. When we allow doubt and fear in, we become unstable. Understand this key: the way you feel today has little to do with what God is actually doing in your life. He’s working behind the scenes whether you realize it or not! Don’t allow yourself to be tossed around by your emotions any longer. Instead, choose to be stable-minded by focusing your thoughts on the Word of God. Stand strong in Him so you can confidently embrace the good plan He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your Word which is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. I choose to meditate on Your truth which is my source of strength and faith. Help me to be steadfast and strong as I set my focus on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

21 Feb 2017 04:12 #1619 by DrMike
New Seasons of God’s Blessing

Today’s Scripture

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” (2 Corinthians 5:17, NIV)

Every person has had negative things spoken over them in the past. Maybe someone told you that you don’t have what it takes or that you’re not going to be successful. It’s almost like they cursed your future. But the good news is that the blessing of God is greater than any curse. If you’ll get rid of those negative strongholds and choose to believe what God says about you in His Word, you will begin to see a turning point in your life.

Today, I declare blessing over you—that you are strong and courageous. You are full of talent,creativity and wisdom. You can accomplish your God-given dreams. You walk in divine health. You have favor with every person you meet. Everything you touch is going to prosper and succeed. Those seeds of greatness on the inside of you are growing stronger and stronger. That hidden treasure is about to burst forth, and you’re going to come into new seasons of increase, new seasons of favor, new seasons of God’s blessings! You are who God says you are. You have what God says you have. And I declare you can do everything God says you can do in Jesus’ name. Amen!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for making me new and for bringing me into new seasons of blessing. I renounce every negative word spoken over me and break its power by the blood of Jesus. I receive Your truth and boldly move forward in victory in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

22 Feb 2017 04:09 #1620 by DrMike
The Process of Growing Up

Today’s Scripture

"You, therefore, must be perfect [growing into complete maturity of godliness in mind and character, having reached the proper height of virtue and integrity], as your heavenly Father is perfect."(Matthew 5:48, AMPC)

One thing I’ve learned is that just because God puts a dream in our heart doesn’t mean it’s going to come to pass without any opposition. See, God is going to grow us up. He’s going to mature us. He’s going to prepare us to handle the promotion He has in store.

I think about Joseph in the Bible. Starting out, he didn’t have a whole lot of wisdom. He was young and immature, and God had to do a work in his life. Joseph probably shouldn’t have told his brothers about his dream that they would one day serve him! As you can imagine, his brothers were not nearly as excited about that as he was. Long story short, Joseph had to go through some things to grow up and be ready for the promotion God had in store.

Friend, it’s the same way with us today. You may have a dream in your heart that seems a million miles away, but just like Joseph, God can take you from the prison to the palace in one step. During the growing process, keep yourself focused on Him and allow Him to do His work in your life. Keep a humble attitude of faith before Him, and He will lead you and guide you into the destiny He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for working Your process in my life. I focus on You during the growing season. I humbly submit myself to You knowing that You have a good plan in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.780 seconds