Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

19 Apr 2017 04:09 #1651 by DrMike
Living with Enthusiasm

Today’s Scripture

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace…" (Isaiah 55:12, NIV)

The word “enthusiasm” comes from the Greek word “entheos.” “Theos” is God. When you’re enthusiastic, it simply means you are full of God. When you get up in the morning excited about your future, recognizing that day is a gift and go out with a spring in your step, pursuing your goals and passionate about life, then God will breathe in your direction. Studies even tell us that people who are enthusiastic get better breaks. They’re promoted more often. That’s not a coincidence. When you’re full of passion, you have the favor of God.

Remember, God didn’t breathe His life into us to drag through the day. He didn’t create us in His image, crown us with His favor, and equip us with His power to just go through the motions of life. You may have had some setbacks, the wind may have been taken out of your sail, but this is a new day! God wants to breathe new life back into you. If you’ll get your fire back, get your passion back, the wind will start blowing once again. When you’re in agreement with God, He can cause the winds of favor to shift in your direction!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for another sunrise, another day, another opportunity to praise You and pursue the dreams You’ve given me. Help me to stay filled with Your joy and strength so I can serve You with my whole heart in everything that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Apr 2017 09:39 #1652 by DrMike
Dream Boldly

Today’s Scripture

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9, NKJV)

When you look out into your future, what do you see? What are the dreams and desires that you hold close to your heart?

So many people start with bold dreams, but then opposition comes. Life doesn’t turn out the way they planned. They lose a loved one or encounter difficulty they didn’t anticipate. Today, if that’s you, I want to remind you that the Creator of the universe designed you with specific gifts and talents that no one else has. He has you on this planet for a specific purpose. When you commit your life to Him, He promises to be with you wherever you go. Even though some things in life may have caught you by surprise, they didn’t catch God by surprise. His good plan for your life remains. You can trust Him because He loves you with an everlasting love, and He doesn’t want to see you settling for anything less than His very best.

I want to encourage you to be bold, be strong and be courageous. Put aside the past and lift up your eyes to Jesus. He is the Author and Finisher of your faith. Live boldly and dream boldly so you can embrace the good things He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I come boldly to You. I open my heart and mind to Your Word. Fill me with Your strength today; fill me with Your hope, and keep me close to You always as I put You first in everything I do in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

25 Apr 2017 08:13 #1653 by DrMike
Where Would You Be?

Today’s Scripture

"If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction." (Psalm 119:92, ESV)

If it had not been for the goodness of God, where would you be? Some wouldn’t be alive today. Some would still be addicted. If it had not been for God’s favor, some would still be struggling, barely making it. You may say, “Well, I’ve got a long way to go.” And that may be true, but I want you to take a moment and look back over your life and realize how far you’ve come. The same God that brought you this far, the same God that has kept you alive is going to carry you through any difficulty you may be facing.

The key is to just start praising and thanking Him for His goodness. Thank Him for His favor and blessing upon you. Praise precedes the victory. Praise brings the walls of opposition down. Praise is the invitation for God to intervene on your behalf! Today, I declare that the goodness of God is all over you! He is directing your steps, and you are following His leading. I declare that your best days are ahead, and as you praise Him and thank Him, you will move forward into the victory and blessing He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You so much for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I know that Your hand of favor is upon me. I know that You are leading me and guiding mein victory. Keep me close to You as I surrender every area of my heart and mind to You in Jesus’ name. Amen!"

26 Apr 2017 08:23 #1654 by DrMike
Dream It, Believe It, Live It!

Today’s Scripture

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion..." (Philippians 1:6, NIV)

Learning to walk in the destiny God has for you is a process. The first step is to get a vision, a clear picture from God that you can see. The next step is to trust Him – to believe in faith that it will happen. And then finally, you take a step of faith and live out what God has promised no matter what your circumstances or people around you have to say. First you dream it, then you believe it, and then you live it. Every dream I’ve ever received from God has followed this same pattern.

We see in scripture that even the great men and women of the Bible walked through this process. They had to overcome doubts; they struggled on their journey, but they held fast to what God said knowing that He is faithful to complete what He started in us! Today, if you are having a hard time believing that what God has promised will come to pass, understand that you are in a process. Don’t empower doubt with your words. Instead, keep declaring that He who promised is faithful! Keep the vision in front of you knowing that it is for an appointed time. Dream it and believe it because it won’t be long until you are living the blessed life God has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for choosing and equipping me to fulfill my destiny. I receive Your promises by faith knowing that You who began a good work will be faithful to complete it in my life. Thank You for Your peace and guidance every step of the way in Jesus’ name. Amen."

27 Apr 2017 07:46 #1655 by DrMike
Abundant Life Today

Today’s Scripture

"...I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly." (John 10:10, NKJV)

Are you living the abundant life Jesus came to give? I’m not talking about living in the fanciest house or driving the newest car. No, His promise of abundant life goes way beyond material things that this world offers. Abundant life means “life to the full.” That means no matter what is going on around you, you can partake of the full blessings of God. You can have peace in the midst of a storm. You can have joy when things are uncertain. You can have hope when circumstances seem hopeless. As believers, a lot of times it’s easy to look at that verse and think, “God is going to give me abundant life someday.” But the truth is that God wants you to have abundant life TODAY! Don’t waste another second living in mediocrity or settling for less than God’s best. Receive His blessings by faith today. Receive His hope, joy, strength and favor. Declare that you are living the abundant life today and every day!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, so that I can have eternal life. I know that You want the best for me. Help me to keep my heart and mind focused on You so that I can walk in Your ways all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

28 Apr 2017 04:08 #1656 by DrMike
Close the Door on Fear

Today’s Scripture

"Do not give the Devil an opportunity to work." (Ephesians 4:27, ISV)

So many people today are living with less than God’s best because they’ve allowed fear to creep in and take root in their lives. Fear is the greatest weapon the enemy uses to try to hold us back. Fear is not from God. Scripture tells us that fear brings torment. It’s designed to paralyze us and keep us from God’s blessings.

The good news is that God is greater than fear. His power in you is greater than any power that comes against you. But in order to walk in His power, you have to close the door on the enemy. See, the enemy can’t have access to your life unless you open a door and give him access. That’s why we have to be careful about what we watch, what we listen to, what we read, and what we say. When we open ourselves to fear, we give the enemy opportunity.

If you’ve allowed fear to steal from you in any area of life, today you can be free—you can be finished with fear. Conquering the enemy starts by making the choice to close the door on fear, and instead, meditate on God’s promises. We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony! Let His truth sink down into your heart. Declare it out of your mouth. Let Him set you free and lead youinto victory as you close the door on fear!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, I come to You today declaring that I am finished with fear. Thank You for giving me power, love and a sound mind. I choose to stand on Your promises. Fill me with Your peace and joy today as I move forward in victory with You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

01 May 2017 07:58 #1657 by DrMike
Fully Loaded and Totally Equipped

Today’s Scripture

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." (Psalm 139:14, KJV)

Did you know that when you compare yourself to others or wish you were like someone else, it’s like saying He just didn’t do a good job? It’s actually saying, “God, why did You make me subpar? Why did You make me less than?” Realize today, God didn’t make anyone inferior. He didn’t make any person second class. No, you are a masterpiece! You are fully loaded and totally equipped for the race that’s been designed for you!

Today, let your attitude be, “I may not look like someone else or have the job that someone else has. That’s okay. Nobody will ever be a better me. I’m anointed to be me. I’m equipped to be me!” Remember, it’s easy to do what you are equipped to do. Don’t fall into the trap of trying to be like someone else. Accept who God made youto be and embrace the good things He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for making me. Thank You for equipping me to fulfill my destiny. Today, I choose to focus on what You’ve placed in my hand knowing that as I am faithful to You, You will direct my steps. I bless You and praise You for who You are in Jesus’ name. Amen."

02 May 2017 15:26 #1658 by DrMike
He Gives You All Things

Today’s Scripture

"He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" (Romans 8:32, NIV)

God loves you so much today—more than you could ever imagine! Not only did He send His Son, Jesus, to pay the price for your sins so that He could have relationship with you, He also wants to lavish you with everything He has and everything He is. When you join in covenant with Him through Jesus Christ, He makes all things available to you. What does “all” mean? It means exactly that—all. Do you need peace? He is your peace. Do you need joy? He has supernatural joy which gives you strength. Do you need restoration in your life? He is your restorer. Do you need rest? He has it. Provision? It’s yours. Protection? That too! He is the single source of everything that you will ever need, and He will freely give it to you!

Maybe at times you’ve struggled to receive all that He has for you. Maybe you think that you don’t want to bother God, or you somehow think you don’t deserve what He has for you. Friend, those mindsets are not the truth. The truth is that you can’t earn a gift. He gives it freely. Imagine His arms outstretched to you right now. Receive His love, receive His grace, and receive all that He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, by faith right now I receive all that You have for me. Thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, to die for me so that I can live with You. I declare that He is my Lord and Savior, and I receive all that You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

03 May 2017 04:12 #1659 by DrMike
Failure is Not Final

Today’s Scripture

"But I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead." (Phillipians 3:13, NLT)

Are you down on yourself today because of past mistakes you’ve made or because you’re not where you want to be in life? God knows every poor choice, every difficulty, every wrong turn you may have made, and He’s already planned your comeback! In scripture, Jonah took a detour, so to speak. It took him a little bit longer, but because he called out to God, because he believed, God not only rescued him, but God got him to his final destination.

Friend, know today that failure is not final. God always has the final say. Mistakes don’t have to keep you from your destiny. God’s plan can override every setback. Your world may be in turmoil today in a relationship, in your finances or health. But know this: not only will God rescue you; He will set your feet on a rock and lead you to your final destination in life. Remember, the promise He placed on the inside of you didn’t go away because you had some personal failures. No, that failure is only temporary but His Word remains forever! Keep hoping, keep believing because He will move you into the blessing and victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for Your hand of victory and blessing that ison my life. Today, I shake off the past, I shake off failure, I shake off poor choices and trust that You are restoring me and leading me into the plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen!"

04 May 2017 04:12 #1660 by DrMike
When God is Your Boss

Today’s Scripture

"For exaltation (promotion) comes neither from the east nor from the west nor from the south. But God is the Judge: He puts down one, and exalts another."(Psalm 75:6-7, NKJV)

I know this man who was upset because his boss was really against him. The boss was always trying to make him look bad and would never give him any kind of recognition. The truth is that his boss was jealous of him. But, this man just kept being his best, working unto God. There were several promotions that he should have received, but because of this unfair boss, he was passed over.

One day the CEO of the corporation was in town, and this man had to make a presentation. The CEO was very impressed. About a year later, a position became available that should have gone to the man’s boss, but the CEO bypassed the boss and called this man directly. Today, instead of working for the unfair boss, the tables have turned. The boss is working for him.

Always remember, promotion comes from the Lord. When you stay faithful and keep a right attitude, that’s when God will promote you. One touch of His favor and things will totally turn around! Keep abiding. Keep being faithful. Stay on that high road. God will make your wrongs right and promote you in your due season!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, today I humbly submit myself to You because You are good and faithful. I choose to work and live according to Your Word because I love You and desire to honor You. I receive Your mercy and grace today so I can live a life pleasing to You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds