Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

05 May 2017 04:14 #1661 by DrMike
Believe and Declare

Today’s Scripture

"It is written: ‘I believed; therefore I have spoken.’ With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak."(2 Corinthians 4:13, NIV)

I know a man who was believing to pay his house off. It was a standard 30-year mortgage, and he had 23 years left. In the natural, there was no way he could do it. But he was bold enough to say, “Father, I want to thank You that You are Jehovah Jireh; the Lord my provider. I know my job is not my source. You are my source. It may look impossible, but I know You can do the impossible.”

Several years ago, he received an inheritance from a family member that he had never met before. He didn’t even know they were related. He was able to not only pay his house off, but he paid a friend’s house off as well. What was that? Explosive blessings!

Friend, when you believe God, you position yourself for a miracle. When you obey His commands, you set yourself under the open windows of heaven. When you declare His Word, you activate His power. Keep standing, keep believing, keep speaking and see the victory and blessing He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your Word which is alive and powerful! I set my mind on Your promises and choose to declare what You say about me. Thank You for Your faithfulness as I move forward in the good plan You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 May 2017 10:57 #1662 by DrMike
Focus on What You Have

Today’s Scripture

"Here is what I have seen: It is good and fitting for one to eat and drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labor in which he toils under the sun all the days of his life which God gives him; for it is his heritage." (Ecclesiastes 5:18, NKJV)

The scripture talks about how God has given us the power to enjoy what is allotted and appointed to us. That simply means that I don’t have the power to enjoy your life. You may have more success, more money, more friends or a better job, but if you put me in your life, I’m not going to enjoy it. We are uniquely designed to run our own race.

When we truly understand and embrace this, we won’t be tempted to compare or wish we had what someone else has. You won’t think, “If only I had their talent…” No, if God wanted you to have that talent, He would have given it to you. Instead, take what you have and develop it. Make the most of it. Don’t think, “If only I had her looks…” No, God gave you your looks. That’s not an accident. The life you have has been perfectly matched for you.

Now, you’ve got to do your part and get excited about your life. Be excited about who you are—your looks, your talent, your ability, your personality. When you’re passionate about who you are, it brings honor to God. That’s when God will breathe in your direction and the seeds of greatness in you will take root and begin to flourish!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I thank You for giving me the gifts,talents and abilities to enjoy life and accomplish Your will. Today, I choose to put my trust and hope in You knowing that You have equipped me for the destiny You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

09 May 2017 04:16 #1663 by DrMike
Get Filled Up!

Today’s Scripture

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."(Matthew 5:6, NIV)

Sometimes, it’s easy to get wrapped up in taking care of the people around us. You may find that you’re always giving, taking care of the children, working overtime at the office, or helping that friend who is struggling. And that’s all good. But if you’re not careful, you can end up feeling rundown. That’s why you have to take time every day to get filled back up. Your first priority should be taking care of yourself and making time to get into the presence of Jesus. Throughout scripture, we see that in God’s presence, there is fullness of joy, fullness of peace, and fullness of victory. In His presence, you’re refreshed and restored. That’s why it’s so important to take time every day to read your Bible and meditate on His promises. We have to be diligent to have quiet time with Him.

Today, take time to get alone with God and just say, “God, I love You today. Thank You for my life, for my family, for the opportunities You’ve given me. Lord, I know every good thing comes from You.” When you live like that, with your heart connected to His, you’ll be refreshed, restored and filled up for the journey of life ahead!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank you for filling me with Your strength. Thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, so that I can be righteous in You. I hunger for Your truth and seek You first. Draw me to You and keep me close to You always in Jesus’ name. Amen."

10 May 2017 06:03 #1664 by DrMike
Choosing Your Heavenly Heritage

Today’s Scripture

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh."(Ezekiel 36:26, NIV)

In life, we all have negative things happen to us. We go through situations that are unfair. I know people who were raised in an unhealthy environment. Their parents had issues, and now it's making it much more difficult on them. But here is what I've learned: when you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, He gives you a new heart. In other words, your bloodline changes. No longer are you subject to your earthly heritage, you become subject to your heavenly heritage! His spiritual blessing always overrides the curse in the natural realm. When you understand who you are and what God has already done, then no matter what someone else has done, no matter how unfair it was, no matter how you were raised, you won't get bitter. You won't live with a chip on your shoulder. You realize that nothing can stop you from fulfilling your God-given destiny! Today, remember you came from Almighty God. He gave you life. When you choose Him, you are choosing your heavenly heritage of blessing and eternal, abundant life!

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, so that I may be saved. Today I surrender every area of my life to You. Have Your way in me; let Your will be done in my life. Thank You for making me new in Jesus' name. Amen"

11 May 2017 06:47 #1665 by DrMike
You Were Not an Accident

Today’s Scripture

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb..." (Jeremiah 1:5, NLT)

God knew you before you were even born. What an amazing thought! He saw your unformed substance and said, “I have a purpose for this life. I have good plans for them!” Then He breathed His life into you and sent you through your mother and father. They may have had issues, but that doesn’t have to stop you from becoming all that God intended for you to be. You have been handpicked by Almighty God to be here at this time in history!

Sometimes we hear parents say, “We weren’t expecting this child. They were a surprise. They were an accident.” No, that child may have been a surprise to the parents, but they weren’t a surprise to Almighty God. No child can be born without God breathing His life into them. You may think, “Well, I was unwanted. I was an unplanned pregnancy.” No, you wouldn’t be here if God didn’t give life to your seed.

In God’s eyes, there is no such thing as being illegitimate. Remember, He knew you before you were ever born! Find confidence in His love knowing that you are a person of destiny, and you are part of His mighty plan!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for choosing me before I was ever born. Thank You for knowing me and revealing Yourself to me. I trust that You are working in my life today, even when I can't see it. I stand in faith knowing that You have a mighty plan for me in Jesus' name. Amen."

12 May 2017 04:21 #1666 by DrMike
In All Your Ways

Today’s Scripture

"In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:6, NKJV)

Do you need direction in your life? The first question we need to ask ourselves is, “Am I acknowledging God in all my ways?” In other words, is He first place in your life?

All throughout the day, we should be acknowledging God, asking for His help, seeking His wisdom, following His commands and thanking Him for His goodness. In the morning, we should wake up and say, “Father, thank You for another beautiful day. I commit this day, my plans and my future into Your hands.” When you start the day like this, you are acknowledging God. He promises to crown your day with success. When you are driving on the freeway say, “Father, thank You for keeping me safe.” At the office say, “Lord, help me to be focused and productive today.” At home, “Father, bless my children.” Before you go to bed, “Lord, thank You for a good night’s rest.” When you’re acknowledging Him in all your ways, He promises to direct your paths. He promises to lead and guide you into paths of peace, joy and everlasting life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I acknowledge You in everything I do. I invite You to direct my steps and search my heart. I surrender every area of my life to You. Keep me close to You always in Jesus’ name.

The following user(s) said Thank You: ScienceChic

15 May 2017 08:12 #1667 by DrMike
A Vital Necessity

Today’s Scripture

"Set your mind and heart to seek (inquire of and require as your vital necessity) the Lord your God..." (1 Chronicles 22:19, AMPC)

What things do you consider to be a vital necessity in your life? What can't you live without? Most people might immediately think of food,water and shelter. Yes, you need those things to exist, but we can't really live unless our minds and hearts are set on seeking the Lord. Sure, you can exist without Him, but what would be the point? Besides, you are called to more than just mere existence; you are called to live — to thrive — to enjoy your life abundantly!

Today and everyday, set your mind and heart on seeking the Lord! Write down your favorite scriptures and commit them to memory. Whenever you can, think about those verses. Meditate on God and His infinite love. When you require the Lord as a vital necessity, you will truly live and enjoy the abundant life He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose to set my mind on You. I seek You with my whole heart. Show me Your love and character today. Show me Your ways that I may walk and live close to You in Jesus' name. Amen."

16 May 2017 07:28 #1668 by DrMike
Constant Gratitude

Today’s Scripture

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!" (1 Chronicles 16:34, ESV)

What are you grateful for today? Are you grateful for His love,mercy and kindness? Are you grateful for the sun that shines and brings us a new day? Are you thankful for the gift of eternal life?

Gratefulness is a powerful force in the life of the believer. No matter what may be happening in the world around you, you can always find something to thank God for. Gratefulness and faith go hand in hand. When we are grateful, it shows that our faith is in Him. We can thank Him for what He's done in the past and what He will do in the future!

Remember, faith pleases God; it causes Him to move on your behalf. Work to develop an attitude of constant gratitude and give thanks to the Lord for His goodness. As you do, you’ll experience His mercy and loving-kindness in greater ways and move forward into the blessing and victory He has prepared for you.

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I declare my thanks to You for all You have done in my life. Help me see Your hand of blessing as I continually acknowledge and praise You for all You have done in Jesus’ name! Amen."

17 May 2017 06:27 #1669 by DrMike
Daily Benefits

Today’s Scripture

"Blessed be the Lord, Who daily loads us with benefits…" (Psalm 68:19, NKJV)

This morning when you woke up, what was the first thing that went through your mind? Maybe you have a deadline to meet or a big appointment at work. Maybe you are facing a challenge or going through a difficulty in a relationship that seems to consume your thoughts. Today, be encouraged. Instead of focusing on what your circumstances have to offer, focus on what God has to offer you. His mercies are new every morning, and His compassion never fails. He has victory in store for you today; He has provision in store for you today; He has joy in store for you today, and He has peace in store for you today. He daily loads you with blessing!

The key to accessing these daily benefits is setting your focus in the right direction. You can’t wait to see how you feel, what kind of mood your spouse is in, what the traffic is like or what the stock market is doing. No, you have to choose to set your focus by saying, “This is going to be a great day. I am blessed and cannot be cursed! I know God is directing my steps. Something good is going to happen to me today!” Set your mind on Him and receive His daily benefits!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose to focus on You. I open my heart and mind to receive Your daily benefits. Show me ways to be a blessing to others and a good example of Your love in Jesus’ name. Amen."

19 May 2017 07:39 #1670 by DrMike
New Provision

Today’s Scripture

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19, NKJV)

When the people of Israel were in the desert on the way to the Promised Land, God gave them manna to eat. That was good. It sustained them for a while, but it wasn’t permanent provision. Eventually, the manna stopped coming. The people had to move forward, and then God gave them quail. They were so excited. That fed them for a while, but it was also temporary.

See, God gave the Israelites temporary provision on the way to the Promised Land where they would have permanent provision. The fact that God had something much greater in store for their future is what kept them moving forward. God could have sustained them with manna or quail, but God is a god of increase. He works in seasons, and He always has something better in store.

Don’t get stuck in a rut and think that one way is going to last forever. Instead, stay open and be willing to change, make adjustments, make corrections or try something new. If the “manna” stops coming, don’t get upset. Just keep moving forward and be on the lookout for the new provision God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, You alone are the just and faithful God! Thank You for always providing for me. Thank You for leading and guiding me. I trust that You have good things in store for my future and choose to keep my eyes on You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.788 seconds