Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

23 Feb 2017 06:48 #1621 by DrMike
This is the Day

Today’s Scripture

“This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:24, NKJV)

It’s easy to come up with excuses to delay our happiness. All the time I hear things like, “As soon as I get out of this problem, I’ll be happy.” Or, “As soon as I lose ten pounds...as soon as my business grows...as soon as my child straightens up...” No, if you don’t put your foot down and decide to be happy right now, there will always be something to keep you from being happy. Let’s get rid of the excuses and make the decision to enjoy life right now, today. God never intended for us to put off our happiness. That’s why David said, “This is the day the Lord has made! I will rejoice and be glad in it.” He was saying, “This is the day to be happy; not tomorrow, not when the weather clears up. Not next week, when I don’t have to work so hard. Not next month, when I make it through this difficult time.” No, choose to honor the Lord right now by choosing to enjoy your life. This is the day that the Lord has made!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for this day. Thank You for another opportunity to sing Your praises. I choose to set my mind and heart on You. I choose to rejoice and be glad in You in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Feb 2017 06:07 #1622 by DrMike
He Laughs in the Heavens

Today’s Scripture

"He Who sits in the heavens laughs..." (Psalm 2:4, AMPC)

Have you ever thought about God laughing in the heavens? Right now, God is on the throne. He’s not mad. He’s not worried about the economy. He’s not upset with you and me. God is full of joy and laughing on the throne. It goes on to tell us in Psalm 37 that He’s laughing because “He can see the destruction of the enemy coming.” In other words, the reason God laughs is because He knows the end of the story. He knows the final outcome. The good news is that you and I win. God always causes us to triumph!

Imagine watching the Super Bowl when you already know the outcome. You already know who is going to win. No matter how far behind the winning team falls, no matter how bad it looks for them, you wouldn’t get upset. You wouldn’t be worried. Why? You’ve got inside information. You know the final outcome. That’s what God is saying to us today. When it gets tough and things don’t look like they’re going to work out, we know that with God, we are on the winning team! Today, you can laugh with Him knowing that He has favor,strength and victory in store for your future!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I choose to rest and trust in You. Thank You for bringing victory in every area of my life. Give me opportunities today to share Your joy and love with the people around me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

27 Feb 2017 03:57 #1623 by DrMike
Be Joyful in Hope

Today’s Scripture

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."(Romans 12:12, NIV)

God has given you everything you need in order to enjoy your life. Think about that for a minute. What is keeping you from living life to the full? You may not be in the home you want. You may not have the exact job you would like. Maybe you’re single and really want to be married. If you focus on these temporary things, it opens the door to comparison and frustration.

It’s good to have big dreams. It’s good to want to increase. But if you start comparing yourself to others, it will steal your joy. If you don’t learn to be happy where you are, you’ll never get to where you want to be. But if you’ll choose to be happy, refuse self-pity and refuse to complain, then you are sowing good seeds for God to take you where you want to be in your future.

Today, realize that God is directing your steps. You have a future and a hope. Take joy in knowing that He is working all things together for your good according to His divine plan. Stay in faith, focus on Him and obey His commands. Soon, you’ll see those new doors open so you can walk boldly into the place of blessing God has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose to put my hope and trust in You. I know that You are working all things together for my good. I refuse self-pity. I refuse to compare. I choose joy and the divine plan You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name! Amen."

28 Feb 2017 04:02 #1624 by DrMike
On the Way to Your Yes

Today’s Scripture

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7, NASB)

Sometimes, people get discouraged in life because things didn’t turn out the way they hoped. Maybe they put energy into a relationship, but it didn’t work out. They tried a new business venture, but they are still struggling with their finances. Now they think it’s never going to happen. But one thing we have to learn is that God honors perseverance. On the way to your “yes,” you may encounter some “no’s.” You may encounter some closed doors, but that doesn’t mean it’s the final answer. It just means “keep going.”

Remember, if God promised it, He’s going to bring it to pass. Scripture tells us that through faith and patience, we inherit God’s promises. This is where patience comes in; this is where perseverance comes in. This is where trust comes in. Just because you don’t see things happen right away doesn’t mean you should quit. No, instead, rise up and press forward. Keep believing, keep hoping, keep enduring and keep asking because our God is always faithful to His Word!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I choose today to believe Your Word. I choose to trust Your promises. I choose to keep standing, keep believing and keep asking because I will receive in Jesus’ name! Amen!"

01 Mar 2017 04:01 #1625 by DrMike
Enter His Rest

Today’s Scripture

"For we who have believed do enter that rest…" (Hebrews 4:3, NKJV)

God promises that there are set times in our future, but He doesn’t tell us when they will be. Your set time may be tomorrow morning at 9:47. You’ll get the phone call you’ve been waiting for. Your set time may be two years from now. You’ll get a good break and that will thrust you to a new level. My question is, “Do you trust God enough to believe that your set times are coming?” Are you willing to wait with a good attitude? Are you willing to get a new perspective?

Remember, that set time is already in your future. Don’t let the negative thoughts talk you out of it. The way you know that you’re really believing is that you have rest on the inside. You’re at peace. You know the answer is on the way. You trust that God is working things out. Today put your faith and trust in Him and enter into rest. Know that He is good, and He is for you! Your set time of favor is on the way!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose to enter into rest. I choose to trust You. I choose to put my faith and hope in You knowing that You are good and that You have good things in store for my future in Jesus’ name! Amen."

02 Mar 2017 04:10 #1626 by DrMike
You Have the Advantage

Today’s Scripture

"…His favor is for a lifetime…" (Psalm 30:5, AMP)

One definition of the word “favor” is an advantage for success. When you putGodfirst, when you obey His commands, you open the door for His favor—you have the advantage for success! Even if someone may have wronged you and it looks like they have the upper hand, even if it looks like things are never going to change, you need to keep reminding yourself, “I have an advantage. God is in control of my destiny. He’s fighting my battles for me. He is my vindicator, and it’s just a matter of time before things change in my favor.

”There’s a scripture in Hebrews that says, “Don’t cast away your confidence.” One translation says, “Payday is coming.” In the difficult times, you have to remind yourself that payday is on its way. God is a faithful God. If you’ll keep doing the right thing, honoring Him and expecting His favor, God has promised He will pay you back. He will restore everything in your life that the enemy has stolen so you can live the abundant life He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your grace, mercy and everlasting favor. I open my heart and mind to You and receive every blessing You have for me. Thank You for favor, the advantage for success, in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

03 Mar 2017 04:01 #1627 by DrMike
Your Heredity Can't Stop Your Destiny

Today’s Scripture

"…If God is for us, who can be against us?" (Romans 8:31, NIV)

I heard somebody say, "Don't let your heredity stop your destiny." In other words, don't let the way somebody treated you or what they did or didn't give you keep you from pressing forward and becoming all that God has created you to be. The people who raised you may have had addictions, but that doesn't have to be your future. You can be the one to break that negative cycle. Your parents may have had anger issues or never amounted to much, but you don't have to keep letting that curse be passed from generation to generation. You can be the one to say, "No more. This is a new day! I may have had an unfair past, but I'm not going to have an unfair future. I know that God put a blessing on me before anybody could put a curse, and I'm not going to let my heredity stop my destiny."

Today, know that God is for you. When you choose to put Him first place in your life, then nothing can stop your destiny! Seek Him with a humble heart and break free from the bondage of the past!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for empowering me by Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for giving me new life and erasing my past. I declare today that no weapon formed against me shall prosper in Jesus' name. Amen."

06 Mar 2017 04:00 #1628 by DrMike
Whose Report Will You Believe?

Today’s Scripture

"I have heard a report from the Lord…" (Jeremiah 49:14, AMP)

Every day, we get “reports” from the news, our experiences, our friends and family, and many other sources. We also get reports from the Word of God which oftentimes contradicts what others are saying. That’s when we have a choice: do we believe what we hear in the natural, or do we believe the report of the Lord?

Remember, we serve a supernatural God! Just because we don’t see a way doesn’t mean that He doesn’t have a way. God can bring one opportunity across your path that will thrust you to a new level. He has explosive blessings that can blast you out of debt and into abundance. “Well, I don’t think I’ll ever get well. You should see what the medical report says about me.” No, that may be true according to medical science, but we have another report and it says, “You will live and not die. God is restoring health unto you.” With men it may be impossible, but with God all things are possible.

Choose today to believe the report of the Lord. Stand strong no matter what is going on around you knowing that He is leading you into victory in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I choose to believe Your Word above all else. I know that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf, and You will cause me to triumph. Help me to tune out the negative voices of the world so that I can focus on Your goodness all the days of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen."

07 Mar 2017 04:04 #1629 by DrMike
Dream Beyond

Today’s Scripture

"I lift up my eyes to the mountains…" (Psalm 121:1, NIV)

So many people today are stuck in a rut. Not because they aren’t talented; not because they don’t have God’s favor, but because their vision is limited. They can’t see beyond their circumstances. They don’t see themselves accomplishing their dreams, being promoted or living healthier. They just see more of the same because it’s what they are focused on. What you see in your mind is what you’re going to move toward.

The truth is, we all have vision. Every one of us has a picture in our mind of our self, our family and our future. The question is, what does your picture look like? Do you see yourself rising higher, overcoming obstacles, living an abundant life? Do you dare to dream beyond your circumstances?

Today, why don’t you change your focus? Lift your eyes beyond your circumstances. Get a higher dream, a greater vision for your life. See yourself the way God sees you and move forward in the abundant life He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I choose to lift my eyes off of my circumstances and look to You. Show me Your ways that I may walk with You on the path to victory all the days of my life in Jesus’ name.

08 Mar 2017 03:50 #1630 by DrMike
The Power of Prayer

Today’s Scripture

"Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." (James 5:16, ESV)

All throughout the Bible, you can see just how powerful and life-changing prayer is. The best news about prayer is that the same power you read about in the Bible is available to you right now!

God intended prayer to change lives. He intended for you to call on Him and join your heart to Him in a powerful union. Through your prayers, you can tap into God's incredible, inexhaustible power in your life, and be a great encouragement and blessing to those who need prayer around you. James says that prayer can heal and restore people. Prayer makes a difference. Prayer affects change. Today, meditate on the power of prayer and put your faith into action. Stand in agreement with God and His Word and watch what He will do on your behalf!

A Prayer for Today

"God, thank You for giving me Your infinite power when I come before You in prayer. I will stand and pray. I will stay in faith and keep pressing forward knowing that You are at work in every area of my life in Jesus' name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds