Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

09 Mar 2017 07:13 #1631 by DrMike
He Will Fight Your Battles

Today’s Scripture

"With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God, to help us and to fight our battles..." (2 Chronicles 32:8, NKJV)

In scripture, the enemy was coming against Hezekiah, causing him trouble, trying to keep him from his destiny. But Hezekiah didn’t get upset. He just kept abiding, kept being faithful and putting God first. In Second Kings 19, God said, “Hezekiah, I Myself will come against this enemy. He will receive word that he is needed at home, and I will cause him to want to return and he will be defeated.”

Notice that when you abide in Him, the Creator of the universe says, “I Myself will come against your enemies. I Myself will come against that sickness. I Myself will come against those who oppose you.” It says God is the one who caused Hezekiah’s enemy to turn around. That means God can cause that unfair boss to take an early retirement. God can cause that neighbor that’s giving you so much trouble to decide to pack up and move. God can cause that classmate to be transferred to another school.

Today, no matter what’s coming against you, keep pressing into God. Put His Word first place in your life. Honor Him in all that you do. Let Him fight your battles and bring you into the land of victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

" Father, I bless You and praise You today because You are good! Thank You for Your good and precious promises. I submit my ways to You; I surrender my will to You knowing that You are working in my life. Thank You for fighting my battles as I keep myself in covenant with You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2017 04:10 #1632 by DrMike
Just Imagine!

Today’s Scripture

"…and now nothing they have imagined they can do will be impossible for them." (Genesis 11:6, AMPC)

How often do you stop and think about what you are thinking about? So often, people live with their minds on autopilot, taking in whatever thoughts come their way. But if we are going to rise up higher the way God intends, we have to determine to make sure our thoughts line up with God’s thoughts.

Seven times in scripture God asks, “What do you see?” God is interested in our vision. Before your dream comes to pass, you have to see yourself accomplishing that dream. You’ve got to get a picture of it. Before you lose the weight, before you break the addiction, you have to see it happening in your imagination.

Today, instead of thinking about your problems, think about God’s promises. Get a vision for what He has in store for your future. Imagine yourself living in victory. Imagine yourself healed. Imagine yourself walking in abundance. Imagine yourself blessing other people. Just imagine what God has in store for you because nothing is impossible with Him!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, today I set my heart and mind on You. Give me Your vision for my future. Help me to see myself the way You see me so that I can imagine and live in the blessing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

13 Mar 2017 04:07 #1633 by DrMike
He Will Fight Your Battles

Today’s Scripture

"With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God, to help us and to fight our battles..." (2 Chronicles 32:8, NKJV)

In scripture, the enemy was coming against Hezekiah, causing him trouble, trying to keep him from his destiny. But Hezekiah didn’t get upset. He just kept abiding, kept being faithful and putting God first. In Second Kings 19, God said, “Hezekiah, I Myself will come against this enemy. He will receive word that he is needed at home, and I will cause him to want to return and he will be defeated.”

Notice that when you abide in Him, the Creator of the universe says, “I Myself will come against your enemies. I Myself will come against that sickness. I Myself will come against those who oppose you.” It says God is the one who caused Hezekiah’s enemy to turn around. That means God can cause that unfair boss to take an early retirement. God can cause that neighbor that’s giving you so much trouble to decide to pack up and move. God can cause that classmate to be transferred to another school.

Today, no matter what’s coming against you, keep pressing into God. Put His Word first place in your life. Honor Him in all that you do. Let Him fight your battles and bring you into the land of victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

" Father, I bless You and praise You today because You are good! Thank You for Your good and precious promises. I submit my ways to You; I surrender my will to You knowing that You are working in my life. Thank You for fighting my battles as I keep myself in covenant with You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

14 Mar 2017 03:59 #1634 by DrMike
Above All

Today’s Scripture

“Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers...” (1 Peter 4:8, NIV)

So often, people try to make others fit into their own mold, conform to their ideas, and be just like them. We think, “If they would just change, then I wouldn’t get upset. If they would just do it the way I want, then they wouldn’t get on my nerves.” But really, we need to give people room to be who God created them to be. Life is too short to spend it trying to fix everybody. Sure, we should encourage people and help them grow and come up higher. But we have to get to the point where we step back and say, “All right, this is who God made them to be, and I’m going to accept them the way they are. Just because they don’t have my same strengths, I’m not going to let that frustrate me.” We have to choose love every day because love covers over our differences and offenses. Love is what allows us to appreciate what others bring into our lives, and it brings us together in unity.

Today, above all, choose love. Choose to focus on the things that make your relationships stronger because in the end, love is all that remains.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to set my heart and mind on You. I choose to love others the way You have commanded. Give me the strength to walk in Your ways and understand Your love more each day in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

15 Mar 2017 04:06 #1635 by DrMike
Transform Your Mind

Today’s Scripture

“Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind...” (Romans 12:2, NKJV)

Your life will move in the direction of your most dominant thoughts. If you’re constantly down on yourself thinking you’ll never get ahead, then you won’t. But if you’ll choose to believe that you are an overcomer, that you have victory up ahead, that God has good things in store for your future; then that’s what you’ll end up with.

That’s why it’s so important to make sure our thoughts are the same as God’s thoughts. Just like a computer, whatever you allow into your mind is what will come out in your attitude and actions. The more you meditate on God’s Word, the more you will transform your thinking to be like God’s thinking.

Choose today to focus on the Word of God. Allow your mind to be renewed. As you focus on God’s thoughts, you will become more like Him, and you will see His hand of blessing in every area of your life.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I submit to You all that I am. I ask that You renew my mind by the Word of God so that my thoughts are Your thoughts. Transform me into Your image in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

16 Mar 2017 03:21 #1636 by DrMike
Sudden Break throughs

Today’s Scripture

“...the Lord has broken through my enemies before me, like the bursting out of great waters...” (2 Samuel 5:20, AMP)

God wants to give you a breakthrough—a sudden burst of His favor; an explosion of His goodness. He wants to release His power in such a way that it overwhelms you and drives out your enemies!

Maybe you’ve been praying about a relationship for years, and suddenly, things get into place. That’s a breakthrough. Or, you were trying to get a certain job. They said there were no openings, but suddenly, they call you back and you get the job. That’s another breakthrough. Perhaps you’ve struggled with an addiction for a long time, but then something happens, and it's not a struggle anymore. Those are all breakthroughs.

No matter what you’ve been facing, no matter how impossible things look, know this: the God of the breakthrough wants to visit your house. Get ready! Look for His favor and goodness. Remember, God rewards the people who seek after Him. So keep expecting, keep believing because the God of the breakthrough is ready to overwhelm you with His goodness!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I am expecting Your goodness. I am looking for Your favor. I trust that You, the God of the breakthrough, are working mightily on my behalf. Help me to live a life pleasing to You as I wait for Your hand to move mightily in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

17 Mar 2017 03:50 #1637 by DrMike
The Tongue of the Wise

Today’s Scripture

“Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.” (Proverbs 12:18, NIV)

It’s easy to see how words can be used like a weapon. We’ve all either been “cut” by the words of others, or we’ve used words to put someone “in their place.” The truth of the matter is that when we use words recklessly, we are not being wise. Scripture tells us that the tongue of the wise brings life and healing to others.

Today, look for ways to be wise. Find something nice to say about someone. Share an encouraging word. Let your words bring healing to those around you. You never know how you can change a person’s life by sharing a kind and gracious word.

Always remember, words are like seeds. When you plant words of life and blessing into others, you will reap a harvest of blessing in your own life in return. Be wise and bring healing!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to be wise. I submit my tongue to You and commit to use it for good and not for evil. Show me ways to be a blessing to others. Help me find creative ways to encourage the people You have placed in my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

21 Mar 2017 03:51 #1638 by DrMike
Iron Sharpens Iron

Today’s Scripture

“As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.” (Proverbs 27:17, NIV)

One of the best things I’ve learned is that God does not bring people into our lives so that we can make them just like us. God loves variety and He wants us to be different from each other. He’s given us different personalities, different strengths, different interests and different looks. He’s made us all uniquely so that we can sharpen one another and cause each other to rise up higher in life.

If you’re going to be happy and enjoy your relationships, you’ve got to learn how to appreciate the differences and learn from the people in your life. If you don’t focus on the right things, you’ll end up allowing the little irritations to cause you to become resentful. Remember, nobody is perfect. If you’re going to grow, you’ve got to be willing to overlook some things. Our assignment is not to fix people. Our assignment is to love people. Our assignment is to sharpen one another so we can move forward in the good plan God has prepared!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the people You have placed in my life. Help me to see them the way You see them. Help me to appreciate the ways we sharpen one another so that we can help each other fulfill Your plan for our lives. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

30 Mar 2017 05:43 #1639 by DrMike
He Makes All Things New

Today’s Scripture

"And the one sitting on the throne said, 'Look, I am making everything new!" (Revelation 21:5, NLT)

Can you remember the time when you first discovered a big dream in your heart? Maybe you were determined to excel in your career or as a parent, or maybe you were focused on deepening your walk with the Lord. You probably started out with enthusiasm, but maybe things got a little difficult or didn’t happen as quickly as you would have liked. Oftentimes, when things don’t go as planned, people decide, “I’m just going to settle here. It’s not exactly what I wanted, but at least it’s good enough.”

In this new season, recognize that you were made for more than “good enough.” You were made to increase, to excel, to grow and stretch. Why don’t you take a step of faith this year and embrace the new life He came to give you? Not only does Christ offer new life in eternity, but He offers new life here on earth. Why don’t you pick up those dreams and be determined to see them through? It’s a new day, and He is making everything new in your life!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for this new day. Thank You for the opportunity to begin again. I choose to press forward and keep believing for the dreams and desires You’ve placed in my heart. I trust You today with everything that I am in Jesus’ name. Amen"

31 Mar 2017 06:53 #1640 by DrMike
Living the Full Life

Today’s Scripture

"The earth is the Lord’s, and the fullness of it…" (Psalm 24:1, AMP)

God wants you to live an abundant and satisfied life! He wants you to enjoy the fullness of the earth and experience His goodness everywhere you go.

It’s easy for people to get stuck in a rut, doing the same thing the same way all the time. But when you open yourself to new people, new experiences and new ideas, you are making room for God to reveal Himself to you and work in different ways in your life. When you stretch yourself, you increase your abilities, and you increase your influence in the world around you.

This week, make the decision to explore something new. Take a different route home from work. Try something new on the menu at lunch. Be open to new people who may not necessarily look like you or act like you. Let God direct and broaden your horizons. Look for new opportunities to grow and stretch so you can live the full, satisfied life the Lord has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, I open my heart and mind to You today. I ask that You help me broaden my perspective. Give me courage to step out of my comfort zone so I can experience the full life You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 1.065 seconds