Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

22 May 2017 03:59 #1671 by DrMike
I Am

Today’s Scripture

"God replied to Moses, ‘I Am Who I Am…’" (Exodus 3:14, NLT)

In the Bible, God has many names that describe His character and attributes. In the same way that someone named “Joe” might also be called “father” or “husband” or “the boss,” God has names that describe Him and His relationship to His people.

In the Old Testament, the Hebrew name for “God” was considered so holy that the people wouldn’t even say it. So, when God appeared to Moses in a burning bush and sent him to lead the Israelites out of captivity, Moses asked God, “Who should I say sent me?” After all, he couldn’t breathe the name of God in public. God replied by saying, “Moses, My name is I Am.” In other words, “I am anything and everything you need. I am your joy. I am your peace. I am your strength. I am your victory. I am your way of escape. I am whatever you need.”

Today, God is saying the same thing to us! What is it that you need? The Great I Am, the Almighty God is ready to supply all of your needs according to His riches in glory. Open your heart of faith to Him today and receive all of the blessings He has in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father in heaven, today I call on You—the Great I Am. I surrender myself to You—spirit, soul and body. I ask that You direct my steps and supply every one of my needs as I move forward in obedience to Your Word in Jesus’ name. Amen."
Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 May 2017 04:28 #1672 by DrMike
Say Continually

Today’s Scripture

"Let them shout for joy and rejoice, who favor my vindication; and let them say continually, 'The Lord be magnified, Who delights in the prosperity of His servant.'" (Psalm 35:27, NASB)

Notice in today’s verse, God’s people were commanded to go around saying continually, “Let God be magnified. He takes pleasure in prospering me.” I believe one reason they were supposed to say it all the time is so it would get down on the inside of their hearts.

See, when we hear something long enough, we start to believe it. It starts to affect the way we see things. I wonder what would happen if, all through the day, we decided to stop dwelling on negative, defeated thoughts like, “I’ll never get out of debt. My business will never expand. How can I send my children to college; it’s so expensive?” And what if you started dwelling on thoughts like, “God takes pleasure in prospering me. Good breaks are in my future. Explosive blessings are coming my way?”

Today, let the truth of God’s Word sink down into your heart. All throughout the day, declare His goodness. Declare His faithfulness. Declare His blessings because He delights in seeing you prosper!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your goodness. Thank You for finding joy in seeing me succeed. Help me to see my life the way You see it. Help me to see and declare the blessing and victory You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."
Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

24 May 2017 04:17 #1673 by DrMike
How To Start The Day

Today’s Scripture

"Let the saints be joyful in glory; let them sing aloud on their beds." (Psalm 149:5, NKJV)

As you woke up this morning, what was the first thing that went through your mind? Did you wake up with a song of praise on your lips?

When we start the day in worship, we start the day connected to Almighty God. When we live a lifestyle of praise, it shows that our faith is constantly in Him. We make glorifying God a priority. It’s not secondary, “Oh, if I have time.” No, you’re always talking about God’s goodness. You’re constantly telling your friends how God has blessed you. In your car, you’re singing songs of praise. At the office, under your breath, you’re thanking God for His favor. You get up in the morning and say, “God, I love You today. I praise You today. Thank You for another beautiful day.” Then when you go to bed at night, you bless Him for His faithfulness!

Friend, when you have the high praises of God coming out of your mouth, the scripture says Almighty God will go to war against your enemies. Praise precedes the victory, so start the day right and live a lifestyle of praise!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for Your good and precious promises to me! I choose to receive Your goodness by faith and sing a song of praise to You. I commit the day to You and make praising You a priority. Thank You for working on my behalf in Jesus’ name. Amen."

25 May 2017 07:55 #1674 by DrMike
He is a Rewarder

Today’s Scripture

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." (Hebrews 11:6, NIV)

Do you see God as a rewarder today? Notice this verse doesn’t say that God rewards those who “deserve” it or have “earned” it. It doesn’t say that God rewards those who act perfectly and never make mistakes. No, God’s blessing isn’t based on our performance, it’s based on our faith—our belief in Him and His goodness. In fact, one verse says that He longs to be good to those who are looking for His goodness!

I encourage you today to spend some time meditating on His goodness and dwelling on His faithfulness. Look for Him and expect Him to act. Spend some time reading the Psalms and begin to praise and thank Him for all He is doing. Open your eyes of faith and see all of the wonderful things He has prepared for you. Let His Word shape your thoughts, and remember He is a rewarder! He wants to bless you today because you earnestly seek after Him!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for Your Word which fills my heart and mind with faith. I believe that You are good and that You are a rewarder. I choose to put my trust in You knowing that You have blessings in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen."

26 May 2017 07:15 #1675 by DrMike
Get Ready for the "New"

Today’s Scripture

"And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the new wine will burst the skins and it will be spilled, and the skins will be destroyed."(Luke 5:37, ESV)

Are you ready for a new chapter in your life? In order to move forward into the blessings God has for you, you have to be willing to let go of the old. The things that are behind you are not nearly as important as what is out in front of you. It’s time to get ready for the “new”!

You may have had some unfair things happen, things that you don’t understand. But let me tell you, you have come too far to stop now. Instead of allowing those things to hold you back, why don’t you let go and take a step of faith into the new? It’s time to get a new, bigger vision; it’s time to get a new, fresher outlook; it’s time to rise up with a new attitude! Instead of settling where you are, pick up and move forward. Have the attitude that says, “I may not understand it; it may not have been fair, but I am not getting stuck on this page. I know God has a new chapter for me—a chapter filled with blessings, favor and victory!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. Today, I choose to trust You with my past, present and future. Give me wisdom to discern the seasons of my life and teach me to embrace the new things You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen."

29 May 2017 09:03 #1676 by DrMike
Be Full of It

Today’s Scripture

"These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."(John 15:11, KJV)

Jesus came to give you joy and joy to the full! When your joy is full, it can be seen by others. Joy is supposed to be displayed. As believers, we should have a smile on our face and a spring in our step. We should be kind and friendly. We should be fun to be around. We should be full of His supernatural joy!

Have you allowed the pressures of life to push you down? Have you been more focused on your circumstances than on your God? If you’re not enjoying your life or relationships, it’s time to refocus and tap into the full joy within. It’s time to draw the line in the sand and say, “That’s it. I’m not going to live another day negative, discouraged, sour or grumpy. I’m going to put a smile on my face. I’m going to let my joy be seen so I can brighten somebody else’s day. I’m going to live my life happy and full of joy!”

Friend, when you take that step of faith and choose to trust God with your future, something changes on the inside. Your feelings will soon line up. Your faith will tap into His supernatural joy. And when you tap into joy, you tap into His strength and victory so you can live the full, abundant life He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for the gift of joy. Thank You for lavishing Your love and grace on me. Fill me with Your power,strength and virtue so that my joy will overflow and be a blessing everywhere I go in Jesus’ name. Amen."

30 May 2017 04:07 #1677 by DrMike
Another Victory is on the Way

Today’s Scripture

"But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere." (2 Corinthians 2:14, ESV)

Are you facing challenges or difficulties today? Maybe something has happened that could easily discourage you and cause you to give up on your dreams. I want to remind you today that where you are is not where you are going to stay. God has a good plan in store for your future. When you stay in step with Him, you’ll walk right into victory.

Scripture tells us that God wants to take us from glory to glory, from victory to victory. Even if you are between victories right now, keep your passion. Keep your enthusiasm. Focus on the fact that God has another level for you—another level of glory, another level of increase, another level of His favor.

Today I encourage you, go out with a smile on your face. Give Him your best. When you thank God for what He has done, you are sowing a seed that He will use in your future. Keep praying, keep believing, keep hoping and stand strong because another victory is coming your way!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, right now I choose to focus my mind and heart completely on You. I choose to step out of discouragement, step out of complacency, step out of worry and step into Your glory. You alone are worthy, and I thank You for the victory You have in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen."

31 May 2017 03:49 #1678 by DrMike
Stored Up Blessings

Today’s Scripture

"Oh, how great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You, which You have prepared for those who trust in You in the presence of the sons of men!" (Psalm 31:19, NKJV)

Scripture talks about how God has blessings stored up for those that honor Him. Think about that. God has contracts, houses, ideas, good breaks that already have your name on them! They’ve been stored up for you. The question is, how do you see them released? Number one: by honoring God and keeping Him first place. Then number two: by making room for them in your thinking. You’ve got to believe that something big is in your future. You’ve got to declare His promises over your life. You have to see with your eyes of faith what God can do.

Today, why don’t you take the limits off of God and say, “God, I don’t see how this could happen in the natural, but I know You are a supernatural God. I know You have blessings that already have my name on them. Lord, I just want to thank You for Your far and beyond favor.” If you live like that, you will see God amaze you with His goodness, and you’ll receive those blessings He has stored up for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for storing up blessings for me. I choose to honor You and bless You. I put my faith and hope in You knowing that You will amaze me with Your goodness in Jesus’ name. Amen."

01 Jun 2017 07:47 #1679 by DrMike
Really Alive

Today’s Scripture

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."(John 10:10, NIV)

A couple of years ago, I was watching the news when Captain Sullenberger successfully landed a jet airplane in the Hudson River. All 155 passengers survived. It’s known as “The Miracle on the Hudson.” A reporter asked one passenger what he thought about it all. He was soaking wet, freezing cold, a little bit frazzled, but he had this incredible glow about him, an excitement in his voice. I’ll never forget what he told the reporter, “I was alive before, but now I’m really alive.”

My question today is, “Are you really alive?” Are you passionate about the life God has given you? Do you get up every morning with enthusiasm, pursuing your dreams? God doesn’t want you to just “be alive” or just exist or endure. He wants you to be really alive! You have seeds of greatness on the inside. There is something more for you to accomplish. Get excited about what God is doing! Lift up your eyes of faith to Him. Keep hoping, keep believing, keep trusting and keep living because God has a wonderful plan in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father, thank You for making me alive in Christ! I declare that Jesus is my Lord and Savior, and because He died for me, I can live the abundant life here on earth. Help me stay focused on You this day and live with the enthusiasm that comes from knowing You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

02 Jun 2017 04:10 #1680 by DrMike
Your Mistake Is Not Bigger Than God

Today’s Scripture

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."(Jeremiah 29:11, NKJV)

Oftentimes, I hear people say, “ I’ve just blown it so many times. I had this major setback. I don’t see how I could ever get to where I’m supposed to be.”

We have to realize—our mistakes aren’t that powerful. Our mistakes aren’t too big for God. He’s not up in the heavens shaking His head saying, “I never dreamed they would do that. They’ve ruined My plan.” No, God knew every mistake we would ever make. He knew every wrong turn, and He’s already prepared a new route. He already has your detour figured out.

Scripture says that God knows the end from the beginning. If you’ve made some mistakes, the good news is that He has already planned a way to get you back on track! Just come to Him with an open and humble heart. Let Him wash you clean and make you new. Your mistakes aren’t bigger than God. He loves you and has a good plan in store for you!

A Prayer for Today

"Father God, thank You for choosing me and accepting me beyond my mistakes. Thank You that the blood of Jesus cleanses me and makes me new. I invite You to have Your way as I submit every area of my life to You in Jesus’ name. Amen."

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds