Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

12 Dec 2016 04:04 #1571 by DrMike
A Supernatural Encounter

Today’s Scripture

“But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.”(2 Corinthians 3:18, NKJV)

One of the most amazing transformations in the Bible happened when Saul—former persecutor of Christians—encountered God on the road to Damascus (see Acts 9). After his encounter, he was so radically changed from the inside out that even his name was changed to Paul. He began preaching the gospel, and eventually, went on to write much of the New Testament.

When you have a supernatural encounter with Almighty God, something is going to happen. Something is going to be transformed inside of you and radiate out into every part of your being, affecting every part of your life!

Today, I want to encourage you to prepare your heart to expect God’s supernatural touch in your life. Open the eyes of your heart to Him. I pray that you experience God in such a way that every bondage is broken off of your life, and you are forever changed by a supernatural encounter with Him!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, right now I invite You to transform me into Your image. Search my heart and mind and remove anything that is displeasing to You. Show me Your glory. Reveal Yourself to me as I keep my heart and mind focused on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Dec 2016 05:40 #1572 by DrMike
Nothing Wasted

Today’s Scripture

“After everyone was full, Jesus told his disciples, ‘Now gather the leftovers, so that nothing is wasted.’”(John 6:12, NLT)

The Bible tells of a time when Jesus fed a crowd of five thousand with only five loaves. That day, everyone had more than enough to eat and there were still twelve baskets full of bread. That’s because we serve a God of abundance! I love that Jesus told the disciples to collect all the leftovers “so that nothing is wasted.” With God, nothing is ever wasted. He’ll never waste an experience; He’ll never waste a hurt; He’ll never waste a dream; He’ll never waste even a single piece of bread.

God is still in the miracle-working business. He is still our Creator, and He is a Restorer. If you’ve felt like you’ve wasted years of your life in the wrong job, hanging around the wrong people, doing the wrong things, God will gather those years and restore them back to you. He’ll take those experiences that the enemy meant for your harm and turn them around for your good. He’ll make you stronger, wiser and better off than you were before. He can launch you further into your destiny than before. Be encouraged today because with God, all things are possible and nothing is ever wasted!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I give You every bit of my life—my past, my present and my future. Thank You for taking every experience in my life and turning it around for my good in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

14 Dec 2016 06:40 #1573 by DrMike
The Same Spirit

Today’s Scripture

“And if the Spirit of Him Who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, [then] He Who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also restore to life your mortal (short-lived, perishable) bodies through His Spirit Who dwells in you.” (Romans 8:11, AMPC)

When you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, the Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit of God makes His home inside of you. That’s the same Spirit, the same power that raised Jesus from the dead. That resurrection power can bring back health,strength and life to your physical body, and it can bring back life to your hopes and dreams. In fact, it can bring life to any area that may seem dormant on the inside of you.

The next time you feel overwhelmed by sickness, challenges or despair,remember, the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead dwells in you. You may have been burdened by an addiction, fear or worry, but there’s nothing that can stand against the power of God. Rise up and declare by faith, “He whom the Son sets free is free indeed. I am restored and healed in the name of Jesus! No weapon formed against me can prosper!” As you rise up in faith and declare the Word of God, you are activating His power within you, and you are moving forward in the victory He has for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for filling me with Your power by the Holy Spirit. I choose to feed my faith by declaring Your Word over my life so that I can tap in to every blessing You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

15 Dec 2016 06:07 #1574 by DrMike
See the Lord

Today’s Scripture

“I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.”(Psalm 34:4, NIV)

In this day and age, it seems that there are so many things that people are afraid of. I’m not just talking about phobias. Many people are afraid of the future, afraid they won’t get married, afraid they won’t find a better job, afraid of getting sick. But the scripture gives us a simple remedy for all our fears, and that is to seek the Lord. How do you seek the Lord? With a humble and open heart. By setting aside time each day to commune with Him. By focusing your thoughts on Him and His goodness.

Friend, no matter what fears may be plaguing your mind today, God wants to deliver you. He promises to keep us in perfect peace when we keep our minds stayed on Him. Today, meditate on His goodness. Meditate on His perfect love which casts out all fear. As you seek the Lord, He will answer you. He will deliver you and lead you in the path of peace and victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your faithfulness to me in every area of my life. Thank You for delivering me from all my fears. Help me keep my mind and heart fixed on You as I reach out to embrace the good things You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

16 Dec 2016 04:10 #1575 by DrMike
Hold on to Your Peace

Today’s Scripture

“Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.” (Luke 6:28, NIV)

I’ve learned that in life, some people are peace stealers. They feel like it’s their calling to aggravate you, try to make you look bad, and tell you what you can’t do. They’ll try to bait you into an argument to get you upset, annoyed and frustrated. But don’t take the bait! Nothing is worth losing your peace over. They may think they’re getting the best of you, but in the end, God can use that to take you higher. When people come against you, choose to keep your peace. Choose to forgive. Pray for that person because that’s how you disarm the enemy against you.

Scripture says your battle isn’t against flesh and blood. In others words, that person isn’t your enemy; the accuser—Satan—is your enemy. He’s trying to bring division and get you upset. But when you choose to keep peace, when you keep walking in love and keep a smile on your face, you are overcoming his tactics. That’s how you win. Today, choose peace, choose to walk in love, and choose the victory God has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for giving me Your peace and strength today. I choose to hold my peace and bless those who come against me. I choose to walk in love and forgiveness so that I can honor You in all that I do in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

19 Dec 2016 04:15 #1576 by DrMike
Look Beyond

Today’s Scripture

“...Lift up now your eyes and look from the place where you are, northward and southward and eastward and westward.” (Genesis 13:14, AMPC)

God has a place of victory in store for you today! You may be facing challenges. You may look around you and see impossible circumstances. In the natural, it may look like things won’t ever change. But God is saying today, “Quit looking at your circumstances and look up! Lift up your eyes of faith and look beyond where you are because there is victory as far as the eye can see!”

Remember, those things you are facing today are only temporary, but God Almighty is eternal. He’s the God who spoke the world into existence, and He’s the God who set the stars in space. He is more powerful than every obstacle, bigger than any setback, and able to do exceedingly, abundantly above and beyond what you could ever imagine. Today, look beyond your circumstances and set your focus in the right direction. Lift up your eyes and look unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith!

A Prayer for Today

“Heavenly Father, today I choose to lift up my eyes of faith toward You. Thank You for surrounding me with Your goodness and mercy. Thank You for believing in me and for preparing a good future for me. Fill my heart with Your peace and confidence as I continue to trust You in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

20 Dec 2016 03:57 #1577 by DrMike
Unwrap the Gift

Today’s Scripture

“He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?” (Romans 8:32, NIV)

Imagine waking up on Christmas morning and seeing a pile of presents under the tree but never opening them. Imagine that your friends and family spent a lot of money on you, buying you things you need and desire but could never afford. Imagine that you even know what was inside those packages, but just decided to let them sit under the tree day in and day out, year after year. After all, now you have what you’ve always dreamed of. You own whatever is in those boxes. If anyone asked, you’d say, “Yes, I have that.” But it wouldn’t do you any good because you would never be able to use those gifts unless you took the time to unwrap those packages.

Friend, it’s the same way with God. He wants you to have an abundant life. His gifts are all right there for you wrapped up in the Word of God. You “open” His gift by meditating on His Word, obeying His commands and declaring it out of your mouth.

Today, I encourage you to unwrap your gifts! Don’t let a single present sit “under the tree” any longer. Jesus paid a precious price so you could have both eternal life and abundant life. Unwrap your gifts and live in His fullness today!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I receive every good and perfect promise You have for me. I choose to take a step of faith to activate Your Word in my life. Teach me, by Your Spirit, to walk and live according to Your precepts in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

21 Dec 2016 03:56 #1578 by DrMike
Holding Fast

Today’s Scripture

“Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised).” (Hebrews 10:23, KJV)

“Hold fast” is not a phrase we often use in this culture. But in the original Greek, hold fast means not only to embrace, but to embrace with force as if someone is trying to take something from you. In other words, you’ve got to have a firm grip or you’re going to lose out! And notice what we are supposed to hold fast to—our profession, our declaration of faith.

I like to think of it sort of like a tug of war. You’re on one end and the enemy is on the other. He’s trying to pull that rope out of your hand. He’s trying to steal your hope and get you to speak negative words of doubt and unbelief. But you’ve got to be determined and stand strong. You’ve got to persevere and hold fast. Don’t let the enemy pull the seed of faith out of your heart! You might need to dig your heels in and get a new grip, but don’t you dare let go! Keep speaking words of faith. Keep speaking words of hope. Keep declaring God’s Word and keep holding fast to the profession of your faith!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to hold fast to my profession of faith in You. I know that You are faithful, and I believe that You will complete everything that You’ve started in my life. I bless You and magnify You above all else in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

22 Dec 2016 03:44 #1579 by DrMike
Choose the Right Gifts

Today’s Scripture

“On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him gifts...”(Matthew 2:11, NIV)

Can you image how the wise men felt as they first looked upon our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! As part of their worship, they wanted to give Him gifts. They gave valuable presents to symbolize the love, honor and appreciation in their hearts. In the same way, you show your love and appreciation to God with gifts of worship, and you can show your love and appreciate to others by the gifts you bring.

As you celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ during this holiday season, don’t just focus on the gifts you bring in the natural; focus on gifts of love, kindness and encouragement. Go out of your way to show honor to others just like the wise men went out of their way to show honor to Jesus. When you walk in love and peace, that is the place of blessing.

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I set my mind and heart on You. Help me to choose the right gifts this holiday season—gifts of love, kindness and peace. Have Your way in my heart and let Your goodness shine through me in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

23 Dec 2016 10:45 #1580 by DrMike
Wise Men Rejoice

Today’s Scripture

“...the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came and stood over where the young Child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceedingly great joy. And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him...” (Matthew 2:9–11, NKJV)

The wise men traveled a considerable distance to see the great King whose arrival the Bible foretold. They followed the bright star, and when they found Him, it says they rejoiced exceedingly. Those men were so happy that they couldn’t hide it. Notice what they did next; they fell down and worshiped Him.

When a wise person seeks Jesus, they are filled with indescribable joy. They are compelled to worship Him! Let that be you and me today. Let’s let the joy of the Lord fill our hearts and be reflected on our faces during the holiday season and every day of the year. Don’t allow the pressures and busyness of life steal your joy. Let those around you see that you’ve been with Jesus. Rejoice in Him, worship Him, and walk with Him in victory all the days of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I choose to be wise and seek You first. Fill me with Your joy which is strength. I set my heart and mind on You and worship You. You are the King of kings and Lord of lords in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

Inspiration Creek Prayer Ministry

Pastor Don is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Pastor Don at 812.883.1724 or Mike 303.456.0555

Time to create page: 1.013 seconds