Delmar answers, “come on in boys, the waters fine!"

02 Nov 2016 06:39 #1551 by DrMike
Seeing the Way God Sees

Today’s Scripture

“In this new life, it doesn’t matter if you are a Jew or a Gentile, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbaric, uncivilized, slave, or free...” (Colossians 3:11, NLT)

When God looks at mankind, He doesn’t see us as different races. He doesn’t see different social standings. He doesn’t see color or creed. God looks past all the superficial things that our culture seems to magnify—what we wear, what we drive and what we look like—and He sees us all the same; not black or white, just His beautiful creation. Not upper class or lower class; just one big family.

Sometimes people make the mistake of judging a whole race by a few people. We make sweeping generalizations, and it keeps us from enjoying the people God places in our lives. Today, if you’ve been looking at others through the traditions of the world, why don’t you open the eyes of your heart and see others the way God sees them? We are all here by His design and called according to His purposes. When we see others through His eyes, we can come together in unity and receive the blessing He has prepared for us!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I release every prejudice and judgmental attitude to You. I ask You to fill my heart with Your love and help me to see others the way You see me. Thank You for doing a work in my life and opening doors of blessing and increase before me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Nov 2016 08:07 #1552 by DrMike
Stand and See

Today’s Scripture

“Moses answered the people, ‘Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today...the LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.’” (Exodus 14:13–14, NIV)

In the Bible, when the people of Israel came out of slavery and were headed toward the Promise Land, they were so happy to finally be free! But then Pharaoh changed his mind about letting them go and came chasing after them. They came to a dead end at the Red Sea and things looked impossible. Instead of staying in faith and focusing on the fact that God had delivered them before, the Israelites got upset, fearful and started complaining, “Moses, why did you bring us out here to die?” Moses replied, “Stand still and you will see the deliverance of the Lord.” He went on to say, “The Lord will fight for you if you will hold your peace and remain at rest.” The Lord was faithful to His Word and delivered them again.

Moses knew he had to get the people out of that negative mentality or they would be defeated, and the same is true for you. You may be in a storm of life, but don’t let that storm get in you. Instead, set your focus on God because He is faithful, and He will fight your battles. Stay calm and remain in peace today because God is going to deliver you and lead you into your promise land!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Help me keep my heart and mind focused on You. No matter what storm I may be facing, I trust that You are working behind the scenes and ordering my steps to the promise land You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Can you use some prayer today? It's been a tough week, issues at work or with the family. You may be struggling in your marriage or need words of encouragement and comfort. COFA's Inspiration Creek prayer ministry is ready to pray for any needs you have 24/7.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Pastor Don at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Guidelines for all prayer requests, last names must be withheld due to privacy issues, no gossip, or slandering of people you want prayer for. If you have an immediate prayer need you can call Mike 303.456.0555

04 Nov 2016 03:40 #1553 by DrMike
Be a Dream Releaser

Today’s Scripture

“Be devoted to one another in love...” (Romans 12:10, NIV)

Think about the people God has placed in your life. They’re not there by accident. God brings people to you for a purpose. We should live with this awareness that, “I am here to add value to people. I am here to help them succeed.” Don’t go around always thinking, “I wonder what that person can do for me. I wonder what they have to offer.” No, we should have the attitude, “What can I do for them? How can I help them come up higher? Can I teach them something I know? Can I connect them with someone who can help them?” Don’t make the mistake of going through life being ingrown. Instead, be a dream releaser. Use your talent, your influence and your experience, not just to accomplish your goals, but to help release a dream in someone else.

Remember, there is nothing more rewarding than to lay down at night knowing that you helped someone else become better. You not only fulfilled your purpose for that day, you did your best. It may have just been a two-minute phone call where you encouraged someone; but when you live as a dream releaser, you’ll see your own dreams come alive, too!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for equipping me to be a blessing to others. Show me ways to be a dream releaser and help others to rise up higher. Help me to use my influence to encourage others and honor You always in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

07 Nov 2016 03:38 #1554 by DrMike
Something Out of Nothing

Today’s Scripture

“The earth was formless and empty...and God said, ‘Let there be light’” (Genesis 1:2–3, NIV)

Do you need a miracle in your life for something that seems impossible? With man it may be, but we serve the all-powerful God, and He can create something out of nothing! He can make a way when there seems to be no way and open doors that seemed closed forever!

Genesis tells us that in the beginning, God created the heavens and earth, but before He spoke the world into existence, it was formless and void. If God can make the world out of nothing, He can take the empty places in your life and create something beautiful, too! He can speak light into your darkest hour. He can take your formless dreams and give them shape. He can resurrect your dormant gifts and talents! He can make your crooked places straight!

Remember, you are created in the image of almighty God. There’s power in your words, and there’s power when you’re in agreement with Him. Start saying what God says about your situation. Speak life to your broken dreams today. Speak hope into the hopeless places. Keep an attitude of faith and expectancy because He will turn things around for you and create something out of nothing!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I trust that You are willing and able to make a way for me where there seems to be no way. Fill me with Your peace and hope. Give me a vision for all You have for me and thank you for making something out of nothing. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Mike is head of COFA's prayer Ministry and loves getting men and women to pray for you. He is always looking for people to join the prayer team ministry. Contact Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you're interested. If you do have any prayer requests send them to Mike at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

09 Nov 2016 13:49 #1555 by DrMike
Earnest Prayers

Today’s Scripture

“The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].” (James 5:16, AMPC)

God loves it when you come boldly to Him! When we pray with an attitude of faith and expectancy, it shows that we believe God and His Word and that opens the door for Him to move on our behalf.

Today’s verse tells us that when we pray earnestly and continually that it makes tremendous power available. Think about a little child asking his mother for something he really wants. That child doesn’t just ask once. Or twice. He asks continually! He doesn’t just walk away if he doesn’t get an answer right away. That child builds his case and gives every reason he should get what he is asking for!

Scripture tells us to come to God with the faith of a child. It’s not that we have to beg Him, but our determination is an expression of our faith in His goodness. When we build our case with the Word of God, we are setting ourselves up to partake of His divine blessing. Today, whatever you need, make your requests known to God. Come to Him with the faith of child. Pray earnestly and continually and watch His power work on your behalf!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I come boldly thanking You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. I lift up my heart in faith to You knowing that my earnest prayers open the door for Your power to move on my behalf! In Jesus’ Name. Amen.”

10 Nov 2016 03:24 #1556 by DrMike
Remain in Him

Today’s Scripture

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”(John 15:5, NIV)

Have you ever really thought about the relationship between a branch and the vine? We don’t use these kinds of word pictures much these days, but think about it—if the branch is not attached to the vine, it withers and dies. The very life of the branch depends on it being attached to the vine. The same thing happens if we try to operate in this life without Jesus. Without Him, we can do nothing. We are cut from our life source. But when you remain in Him by daily connecting with Him through prayer, worship and study of the Word, then your life will be fruitful. You’ll walk in joy and blessing. Notice that this verse says “much fruit.” It’s saying that you will have an abundant harvest in your life.

Remember, God doesn’t want you to just barely get by. He wants to overwhelm you with His goodness! Choose to make Him your top priority, and you’ll see His hand of blessing as you remain in Him!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for being my source of life. Thank You for Your hand of blessing that is leading and guiding me. I choose to make You my number one priority. Help me to remain strong and connected in you in Jesus’ name! Amen.”

11 Nov 2016 03:42 #1557 by DrMike
The Fullness of the Blessing

Today’s Scripture

“But I know that when I come to you, I shall come in the fullness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.”(Romans 15:29, NKJV)

Are you living in the fullness of His blessing? God’s blessing is His supernatural empowerment. It is His favor. We’ve all seen a measure of His blessing, but He wants to take you to a whole new level. God has promises and opportunities that you haven’t even thought of yet! What you’ve seen in the past is only a fraction of what God wants to do in your future!

Understand that God likes to outdo Himself. He wants to open doors for you and bring out talents and abilities that you didn’t even know you had. We serve a God of abundance! He is the God of more than enough. Not only does He want to meet your needs, He wants to give you enough to bless other people. That’s living in the fullness of the blessing.

Today, don’t settle where you are. Your destiny is not determined by the economy, your past, or what anyone else thinks or says. Your destiny is determined by Almighty God, and He wants you to walk in the fullness of His blessing!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, I come before You today with an open and humble heart, ready to receive all You have for me. Teach me to live a life that is pleasing to You so that I can be an example of Your love and walk in Your blessing in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

14 Nov 2016 03:52 #1558 by DrMike
As You Wait

Today’s Scripture

“Dear brothers and sisters, be patient as you wait for the Lord’s return. Consider the farmers who patiently wait for the rains in the fall and in the spring. They eagerly look for the valuable harvest to ripen.”(James 5:7, NLT)

God has placed dreams and desires in every person’s heart. But most times, there’s a season of waiting involved. Maybe you’re waiting for a relationship to improve, waiting to get married, waiting for a promotion, or waiting to overcome an illness. Much of life is spent waiting. But there’s a right way to wait and a wrong way to wait. Too often, when things don’t happen on our timetable, we get down and discouraged or anxious and fretful. That’s because we’re not waiting the right way.

Notice that today’s verse doesn’t say “if” you wait, it says “as” you wait. The fact is that we’re all going to wait. It goes on to say that we should consider how the farmer waits—patiently and eagerly. We’re not supposed to sit around discouraged; we’re supposed to be hopeful, positive and full of expectancy!

Today, no matter what you are praying for, expect things to change in your favor. Today could be the day that God turns it all around. As you wait with patience and expectancy, you 'll see God open the door to the abundant harvest He’s promised in every area of your life!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, today I choose to wait expectantly for You. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I put my faith and hope in You knowing that You have good things in store for my future in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

15 Nov 2016 05:21 #1559 by DrMike
Sowing Good Seeds

Today’s Scripture

“Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.”(Galatians 6:7–8, NIV)

Whether you realize it or not, everything you are experiencing in your life today is a direct result of the seeds you’ve sown in your past. Today, you are planting seeds for the harvest in your future. Just as the farmer expects a crop from the seeds he sows, we can expect a harvest from the seeds we’ve sown, good or bad. That’s why we have to be deliberate about the seeds we are sowing. We have to wake up every day and set our minds on God’s Word and choose to speak His truth over our lives. We have to constantly evaluate our actions to make sure we are depositing good seeds so we can reap a good harvest in the future.

Why don’t you take some time right now to ask the Holy Spirit to search your heart and mind? See if there are any negative seeds that you’ve sown in the past that need to be uprooted. Be deliberate about planting the Word of God in the soil of your heart. Sow good seeds into your future so you can reap the harvest of blessing God has designed for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for the system of sowing and reaping. Thank You for giving me good seed to sow! I ask that You search my heart and mind and show me where to sow my seed so I can reap the abundant harvest You have for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

16 Nov 2016 06:37 #1560 by DrMike
Grow Your Faith

Today’s Scripture

“So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17, NKJV)

Scripture tells us that every person has been given a measure of faith. Faith can grow and increase, or it can be diminished. Notice today’s scripture doesn’t say, “Faith comes by having heard the Word of God one time.” It’s by hearing—present tense. Sure, God’s Word can transform us in an instant. But most of the time, we need to hear God’s truth over and over again in order for it to become active in our lives. The more we hear the Word, the more His truth chisels away at the doubt and unbelief that’s been built up over the years. His truth sets us free and causes our faith to grow!

Just as a seed needs water daily to grow, your spirit needs the Word of God daily. Your faith needs to be watered by His Word. It can be as simple as selecting a few scriptures to meditate on daily. Write them down and carry them in your purse or wallet. Read them out loud over and over. Let His truth sink down into your heart and move you forward into the freedom and victory He has prepared for you!

A Prayer for Today

“Father, thank You for Your Word that is living and active and growing in my life. I submit myself to You today and ask You to teach me Your ways. Give me insight into Your Word so that I may know You in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Time to create page: 0.411 seconds